Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skimpy armors

Bhakura
Bhakura
✭✭✭✭
Edited by Bhakura on May 25, 2014 5:23PM

Skimpy armors 549 votes

Yes
49%
limeli8MablungLanternlightmanyrabidratsThe_DrexillNyxxLauraGallegovicviper0_ESOTopAce6tallennindytims_ESOCalendoPVT_Partschimneyswift_ESOjazon1972_ESOk9mouseIrongutHehatemifubarmonkey_ESO 274 votes
No
50%
ZOS_EdLynchUdyrfryktemzirad_ESORubyTigressBlackhorneGothicAriaNekOnOkOMrausetiCzingertilolyen_ESOItsMeToododgehopper_ESOjonal11_ESOaipex8_ESOElykahElventskeletorz_ESOTargrothnerevarine1138 275 votes
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Been a huge fan of ES games since Morrowind. Mods not only increased my fun with the game, but extended it. Spent countless hours in morrowind and it seems almost unbelievable how much time i wasted on a single player game.
    One of the things i enjoyed the most was the countless armor mods, and yes the even more countless mods that added "armors you are barely wearing".
    I know its an ancient old discussion that armors that show more skin then actually protect it are far from useful as armor.
    But this is fantasy, and skimpy armors simply fit the fantasy genre more then bulky tank stuff.
    But thats opinion of course.
    What i would like to see is a 15th motiv, one for skimpy armors. Considering the amount of mods created and downloaded for previous ES releases im pretty sure im not alone in this.
    So start voting YES en mass, and maybe we can trash baddies in bikinis and loincloths :D
  • LordDeimosIV
    LordDeimosIV
    Soul Shriven
    No
    No.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I like that most armors are somewhat tasteful. I wouldn't mind having that kind of costumes though.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    You mean these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmdJrbfGuiQ

*edit*
    Just to clarify. The video features slooty armours. Not Skimpy Armours.

skimp·y
    ˈskimpē
    adjective
    adjective: skimpy; comparative adjective: skimpier; superlative adjective: skimpiest
    (of clothes) short and revealing.
    "a skimpy dress"
    synonyms: revealing, short, low, low-cut; More

I'll provide some examples.

Skimpy.
    Heidi Klum
    Article: Donatella Versace on skimpy dresses shows confidence
    Heidi-Klum-main_1729203a.jpg

Versace skimpy collection
    skimpy_moss_092413112704.jpg

Slooty.
    Miley Cyrus (This scares the crap out of me, even guys have limits)
    article-2452727-189FB90E00000578-72_634x839.jpg

Borat to show guys can be slooty too.
    rs_560x415-130603102943-1024.borat.miley.cm.6313.jpg
    Edited by Aeradon on May 26, 2014 9:27AM
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No.

You want skimpy? Leave your cuirass slot empty. Get an enchanter to craft you an armor glyph for a ring to make up the armor difference.
    Edited by Lord_Hev on May 25, 2014 5:43PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Only if I get an option on my side to display "skimpy" armor as real armor for myself, NPCs, and other players.

Skimpy armor is just too immersion breaking. One of the reasons I quit SWTOR was their inclusion of pointless skimpy armor.
    Edited by Maverick827 on May 25, 2014 5:49PM
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Bhakura wrote: »
    So start voting YES en mass, and maybe we can trash baddies in bikinis and loincloths :D

You can, join the Naked Nords. No change needed.

• Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Huge selection of armor, costumes, dresses, casual clothing etc etc-YES!
    Metal bikini for little boys who never seen piece of female body-NO!

xxx sites -> this way :p
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. And not because skimpy armours would be unrealistic. The pure objectification and sexism they contain are enough to wave goodbye at them and hope we will never have the displeasure of having to deal with them again.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Third option - optional

I'm female but I'm not so prudish as to think others can't wear what they like. Should there be skimpy outfits that you can put on that aren't actual gear and are 100% optional? Yes.

Objectification and sexism arguments aside (come on guys we don't need you white knighting for us) its not really sexism if it goes BOTH ways and should be optional BOTH ways.

Should I be forced to wear skimpy armor - NO. that is where I draw the line.

Edited by Laura on May 25, 2014 6:03PM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Why on earth do people feel the need to see half naked computer generated women? I mean really?
    Edited by JD2013 on May 25, 2014 6:02PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore-appropriate only please. Bosmer medium armour is about as skimpy as I'd want to see in the game. I'd be OK with things similar to that (forsaken armour from Skyrim comes to mind), but please nothing like those super skimpy armour mods that people made for previous ES games.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    No.

You want skimpy? Leave your cuirass slot empty. Get an enchanter to craft you an armor glyph for a ring to make up the armor difference.

Don't be ridiculous. This is fantasy game. The rules of reality don't apply here. We want fashionable armor, we should be allowed to make it.

Why should your ideal armor type have any relevance whatsoever on my ideal armor type? I don't care what you wear, get off my lawn.
    Edited by Singular on May 25, 2014 6:06PM
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Always appreciated that Bethesda managed to skip the chain-mail bikini thing in TES (for the most part) and am happy ZOS followed suit.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Fantasy game doesnt mean it has to be full of half naked [snip] running around. ESO is different then all other games, and artists did great work creating full sets of heavy armor which actually looks realistic(no shoulders size of half house).
    Want to run around half naked, there are games like AoC where it actually fits the lore and doesnt look bad at all.
    Nothing about being prudish, or white knighting here, it just doesnt fit here, but of course it is only my opinion.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on May 25, 2014 6:33PM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Always appreciated that Bethesda managed to skip the chain-mail bikini thing in TES (for the most part) and am happy ZOS followed suit.

IS THAT SO?

Elder_Scrolls_Arena_Cover.jpg

(following not directed at quoted post) guys stop acting like this is a crusade.. if its optional its not a big deal. If you guys want to help the feminist movement I can give you a list of things we need help with.
    Edited by Laura on May 25, 2014 6:17PM
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Those that say "this is fantasy, the rules don't apply" don't understand fantasy. There are rules to this world, and those rules clearly say that armor protects you from attacks, otherwise armor wouldn't exist in the first place.
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    Yes
    Well, there is a HUGE difference between these two:

- Slutty skimpy outfits (ie every Asian MMO in existance)

- Just showing some skin (ie western MMOs).

As an example, skimpy armor that's seem to consist of fishscales and spider webs (random Tera armor I browsed for):
    http://tera-online.cc/gallery/castanic-fl/3728-castanic_f_l17.html

Showing some pretty boob skin yet still being a very beefy outfit (GW2 Nord cultural armor):
    http://www.gw2armor.com/norn/female/c2/light/display_looks.php

So which is this poll about?
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Laura wrote: »
    IS THAT SO?
    guys stop acting like this is a crusade.. if its optional its not a big deal. If you guys want to help the feminist movement I can give you a list of things we need help with.

Which part of "for the most part" couldn't you read?

Also, I'm a woman. Do I have a right to voice my opinion now?
    Way to assume.
    Edited by stabbykitteh on May 25, 2014 6:18PM
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    NO NO NO

Go back to SWTOR.

People requested skimpy armours on the SWTOR forums and now that game is full of skimpy armours.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Third option - optional

I'm female but I'm not so prudish as to think others can't wear what they like. Should there be skimpy outfits that you can put on that aren't actual gear and are 100% optional? Yes.

Objectification and sexism arguments aside (come on guys we don't need you white knighting for us) its not really sexism if it goes BOTH ways and should be optional BOTH ways.

^This

I voted yes. Cause I'm jealous that Sai Sahan is the only one that has skimpy armour.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    IS THAT SO?
    guys stop acting like this is a crusade.. if its optional its not a big deal. If you guys want to help the feminist movement I can give you a list of things we need help with.

Which part of "for the most part" couldn't you read?

Also, I'm a woman. Do I have a right to voice my opinion now?
    Way to assume.

that last bit wasn't directed at you and I edited my post to reflect that (i assume after you read it)

they did it to guys too as most of these games do

they pretty much stopped doing it around oblivion though so it really isn't a for the most part
    Edited by Laura on May 25, 2014 6:22PM
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't really want to wear anything "skimpier" than what is already available.

But if others (and this should be available for both genders) want to, that's fine by me.
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Third option - optional

I really despise how some people dismiss legitimate issues with the non-argument "come on don't be [insert derogatory term]". No. Nope. Not gonna ignore problems for fear of being labeled.
    Do you think skimpy armours have anything to do with men? Ever asked yourself why 100% of skimpy armours show naked, sexualized women? Yep, because it's sexism. Do you think that anyone discussing skimpy armours, or wants them everywhere, even remotely thinks about men? Yeah, no.
    Honestly I don't want this game to turn out yet another soft-*** fantasy showcase. It's insulting, it's disgraceful, it's indecent and also perpetrates every kind fo stereotype, from semi naked women in fantasy to fantasy videogames as an evironment for horny teenagers only. That is exactly what we do not need. All of us as a society, and not only women who are to this day terribly objectified.
    Therefore I vote NO. But please keep your dismissive attitude to yourself and make some effort to respect my opinion at least.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    also it IS available for guys (check barbaric light on male and the medium armor you get when you first start the game within that cold harbor urn) and not females

so isn't that wrong?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I don't want to see garbage like this:
    http://tera-online.cc/gallery/castanic-fl/3728-castanic_f_l17.html
    has exactly nothing to do with wanting to be part of any kind of crusade, or some misguided belief that it will help the feminist movement. I don't want that kind of junk in the game because it's completely lore-unfriendly, and seeing characters running around like that will destroy any sense of immersion.

Now I'm OK with lore-friendly armour that's more on the skimpy side (like bosmer armour, or the forsaken armour in Skyrim). I don't want to see any of the ones that look like they were designed by a desperate 13 year old boy. I don't care what anyone does with mods in a single-player game, because that has no effect on my own enjoyment of the game. An MMO is different.

Edit: also I didn't answer the poll because it didn't have a "yes, but only if it's lore-friendly" option.
    Edited by UrQuan on May 25, 2014 6:28PM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    also it IS available for guys (check barbaric light on male and the medium armor you get when you first start the game within that cold harbor urn) and not females

so isn't that wrong?
    Any armor that is skimpy yet offers full protection is wrong.
    Edited by Maverick827 on May 25, 2014 6:31PM
  • whatsername908
    whatsername908
    ✭✭✭
    No
    There are already plenty of armors to choose from if you want to see a little more skin. There's chest-window heavy armor, midriff-baring light armor, skintight catsuit medium armor, and I've seen some costumes that show a decent amount of skin as well without being immersion-breaking. If you want to see more skin, then don't wear armor.

I would prefer that ALL armor in the game looked realistically protective, but I'm glad that if it bares skin for women, it's equally skimpy for men. I certainly don't want any skimpier armor. As-is you can choose to have a teasing little bit of skin showing, but as a woman, I don't feel disrespected. I really do love this game, but if I started feeling disrespected by the (lack of) armor, I wouldn't hesitate to cancel my subscription and never look back.
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I am not going to lie. I like seeing the female form scantily clad. But with that being said, I also like to see male warriors in the same mold as Conan the Barbarian or the warriors of 300 armored the way they are, kicking ass.
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No.

Why?

Pretty sure that's been covered fairly well here.

There are thousands of other MMOs to cater to your fetishized female warriors. Go play one of those. Thanks.
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
This discussion has been closed.