The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Confirmed Memory Leak in 1.1.2

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're currently experiencing a memory leak, could you please let us know if you're running any add-ons (plus the names) and if you're running any game enhancement software or anything graphics related (such as screen recording software). Thanks!
    I am playing the vanilla game, that is it.

GeForce GTX 690 4gb
    I7-3820 3.7 ghz
    32 gb RAM

• elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    If you're currently experiencing a memory leak, could you please let us know if you're running any add-ons (plus the names) and if you're running any game enhancement software or anything graphics related (such as screen recording software). Thanks!

Like I have already reported, posted about with multiple ignored updates on your "tech support forums" (my data is the time stamped mem usage post someone pasted here), no addons. Nothing running in background except for bare essentials. Launcher open or closed has no effect. Leaks from log in screen or in game. Does not matter. Windows 7.
  • elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we have identified the cause of the memory leak that some of you are experiencing, and are working on a fix. It is not related to addons or graphics enhancement programs. We’ll keep you updated. In the meantime, one thing that can help is if you do not spend a lot of time hanging out on the character select screen. Thanks again for your help earlier!

Umm, I hope you actually have identified the problem, but te second part of this post makes me wonder.

I experience the same problem even if I jump straight into the game. I only ran my initial test on the login screeen because it was an environment with few variables (and no addons). I can go straight into the game and the same issue happens.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    That wouldn't be a problem if I could actually get to the character select screen......
  • georgeisbusting
    Tested and saw the same increasing memory usage as the ops.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good sir, Memorial Day is a "holiday" to stop what one is doing and honor our fallen troops, etc.

We should honor the lives ones better. That would honor the dead ones.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's seriously unlikely that there is a real memory leak. The type of programming environment where there was any direct control over memory use ceased to exist a long time ago.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • ShallowTech
    tengri wrote: »
    No one is going to work on this until mid next week at the earliest - big US holiday weekend coming up; they will all be out waving their flags.

Hell yes we will!
    ShallowTech
    MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
    i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
    MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz
  • elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »
    It's seriously unlikely that there is a real memory leak. The type of programming environment where there was any direct control over memory use ceased to exist a long time ago.

Then please give us a counter theory to why the game will eat up any amount of system ram given to it if you let it run? Or why it was not doing this before the patch? OR better yet why the actual liaison between the company and us has already used the words "memory leak" as the culprit? (" we have identified the cause of the memory leak that some of you are experiencing")
  • ShallowTech
    tengri wrote: »
    No one is going to work on this until mid next week at the earliest - big US holiday weekend coming up; they will all be out waving their flags.

Oh you mean Memorial Day? When we remember those who have died in wars over time? Like my good friend I served with who had his head blown off his shoulders.. Yeah, I'll be waving my flag for him.

For him and many others that have sacrificed their lives so that others can live theirs in freedom! It is interesting to me how quickly people forget how we have contributed to many wars, in an attempt to help others! Not all of them but many of them. Regardless we remember our brave warriors then and now!

By the way, if there are any politicians or politicians children out there listening, tell our government officials to do their **** jobs and provide for our veterans! Scumbag bureaucrats, only looking out for themselves!
    ShallowTech
    MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
    i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »

Poor use of malloc and free isn't the only way to cause a memory leak.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    SDZald wrote: »

Only here in America we take out jobs seriously. Being that I have worked in IT for the last 40 years I speak from experience, I have even worked Christmas day. When system problems impact our biz there is no off time until such problem are resolved.

Here in the UK we take family seriously. Being that I worked in IT for 20 years I speak from experience, I never worked Christmas Day. I never missed a Christmas or child or partner's birthday. When system problems impact my family life, family wins. Life's too short to put someone else's business above my personal life.

Amen brother.

Im in the US, but I've also found that my family comes first. they will stick around long after said company drops me like a lead weight.
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    The problem is they released this patch and left for the holiday...without testing it properly now WE get a non functioning game for the holiday. They need to stop the practice of dropping a patch and then going home.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can also confirm the memory leak in both the launcher and eso.exe. One time yesterday my computer simply turned off like the power had been cut. I was on the character select screen, and foolishly accessing a game screenshot pic from the desktop. Before the patch, this was never a problem. First time my PC ever did this as well. Also had a standard CTD later, where the screen went black and the music continued. Changing robes set this in motion. Had been playing for 5 hours without any noticeable graphical trouble to that point.
  • River_Song
    I got the same problem now after the patch.
    Never had real issues until now, but this is a huge one and makes ESO unplayable for me. :(
    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    Night will fall and drown the sun
    When a good man goes to war

Friendship dies and true love lies
    Night will fall and the dark will rise

Demons run, but count the cost
    The battle's won, but the child is lost
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried closing the launcher immediately after hitting play. It helped a little bit, but I was only able to play for maybe 15 minutes instead of 5.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    I got between 25 to 30 addons, but never expierenced this before the patch. I can clearly see my memory usage going up while playing ESO, even when not staying in the character select screen. This goes to a point where I have to restart my client in order to play normally.
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno; @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    When you break something this badly, you put all your resources to issue a fix immediately. You have acknowledged the problem and stated you're working on correcting it. Now let us know how this is progressing. When will this patch be available? The game is in an unplayable state, next week is unacceptable.
    Edited by Silverblade on May 23, 2014 10:46PM
    Unsubbed.
    You have 4 days of game time remaining.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 24gb of Ram so it took a bit to show up but I'm now getting it too. Very frustrating. If it's not one thing it's another with this game.
  • ShallowTech
    CONFIRMED as well.

Game is unplayable for me ATM.

Windows Vista 64 SP2

AH! There is your problem! :-)
    ShallowTech
    MSI Z87M Gaming LGA 1150
    i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is that it's happening to me too
    it's increasing by quite much - around 10 MB/m...
    Quite frustrating as I only have 4GB Ram that gets devoured really fast.
    Edited by ArRashid on May 23, 2014 9:51PM
  • sammylou86
    sammylou86
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any update as to when this might be fixed? My boyfriend is having the same issue and can only seem to stay in the game for 5 minutes before he is booted or his game becomes unplayable. We were looking forward to playing this weekend.... I'm starting to think that's not going to happen :(
  • Bo_jangles_Murphy
    Bo_jangles_Murphy
    Soul Shriven
    I also have this issue.

No add-ons. No special graphics enhancers.

I never sit at login or character select. I go in and play then it kills my pc usually within 5 or 10 minutes.

Win 7 Home Premium SP1
    Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.2GHz
    Installed memory (RAM) 4.00GB
  • Jariath
    Jariath
    As they said they are working on this, is this the cause for the 5 seconds freezes and horrible FPS drops?

Win7 64
    Radeon 7770 (2gb DDR3)
    6GB Ram
    Phenom II X4 840T 2.9

Medium settings, I am normal Well over 60FPS
  • wafffllesss
    wafffllesss
    ✭✭✭
    I Don't know if anyone noticed this yet, but I went to my game video settings and turned from Fullscreen to Windowed (fullscreen) and it stoped increasing memory usage.
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭

Stop this, plz. It's not fixed. Only installed the game and patches.
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    I Don't know if anyone noticed this yet, but I went to my game video settings and turned from Fullscreen to Windowed (fullscreen) and it stoped increasing memory usage.

This was the second thing I tried. Had zero effect for me.
  • wafffllesss
    wafffllesss
    ✭✭✭
    elorei wrote: »

This was the second thing I tried. Had zero effect for me.

Damn.. worked like a charm in here =/
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS needs to drop EVERYTHING and focus on this right now. I can wait for the EU server move ( and that says a lot coming from me ), this should be top priority, red alert, the world is imploding status.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely seeing the memory rising in the character select screen. In-game seems to be ok for me. I hope they fix this soon, along with the VR mob difficulty issue.

EDIT: Been in game for about an hour now, definitely seeing the memory usage rise. Win7 64bit.
    Edited by Worstluck on May 23, 2014 11:24PM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant