The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Confirmed Memory Leak in 1.1.2

• derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have tried to login since the hotfix and am getting an instantaneous crash to desktop right as the transition from the loading screen finishes. I was crashing in the exact same way prior to the fix being pushed. The crash does not trigger the eso error reporting tool and instead give results in a generic windows error box with the following information:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: eso.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 53800f04
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_7846
    Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17031
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5308893d
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: PCH_C3_FROM_ntdll+0x0003D72C
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 7846
    Additional Information 2: 78462f2676708d1b65e94c1a4e92a5ca
    Additional Information 3: 1c9f
    Additional Information 4: 1c9fd6b20e6231cffbe4d5722ae1e178

My support ticket number is: 140524-033828

One thing that I have noticed is that the location where I am crashing has a large number of quest markers showing in the compass (I count at least 20). These are for the quest "Down the Skeever Hole" for the objective "Cause Chaos in the Colovian Encampment: 0/7". I have had crashes in the past much like this when there were a lot of quest markers (for example a quest in alik`r where you gather groups of angry townsfolk). In that instance the problem resolved itself after I relogged a few times. If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks for all the hard work.
  • Haurt
    Haurt
    Soul Shriven
    Hey derpsticks try this as a workaround and see if it works for you, I went through customer service and we did ALOT of tests to try and fix this issue. Ultimately I think it has something to do with your quest cache. Log on an alt, go do a few quests maybe 2-3, then try logging back into the character that is crashing. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. Oh and ALSO when you log in DO NOT even move your mouse until 10 or so seconds have passed, let the client load fully and all the quest markers completely load before you touch anything. I had the same issue. It seems to happen if you previously loaded the quest markers successfully then either crashed, logged out, or dropped the quest and immediately picked it back up and tried to do it again.
  • FireKat
    FireKat
    Patch worked for me! Thanks!
  • elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    My game is running extremely well now.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Haurt,

That seems to do the trick, although I just got another crash at the loading screen on my way into the next dungeon. I haven't tried logging back in yet but at least I got about 5 minutes of play time. I will post an update tomorrow.
  • nerrollus
    nerrollus
    ✭✭✭
    same
    Edited by nerrollus on June 26, 2014 2:29PM

Ragnarok Blackfist - Templar of the Ebonheart Pact
    Ronin Wanderhome - Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact
  • Wolfang
    Wolfang
    Soul Shriven
    The Mac client still has a leak...the graphics degrade over time so the game eventually becomes unplayable. Please FIX THIS!
  • Elki_Wilderglas
    There is still a leak, but there is an improvement. Hoping this is in the fix pending tonight's server reboot (Oceanic time) so we can all continue to enjoy ESO, those of us who have finally made it back in but are still experiencing sudden lag spikes/crashes due to the still present mem leak.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • www.spideypeb18_ESO
    I got the trouble that when I launch the game everything starts glitching up and I need to reboot my pc. At first I thought that my GPU broke down, but when I launched the new Wolfenstein on ultra, nothing went wrong. I am trying a driver update to see if that works.
  • david4pdx_ESO
    david4pdx_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am using windows 7 64 bit, have owned the game for over 2 months and played it for 3 weeks at most. There have been multiple issues to fix and the support team told me it is an issue with my operating system, which is a way to say that they don't want to deal with it. I love the game, but I am outraged that one person is willing to blame the os when none of my other games cause this massive of a bug. I am speaking of a zenimax rep, so no offense to anyone here.