Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Archive unplayable

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Latest:
    I tried going back on console for a moment.
    Ran around Overland grabbing cloth plants and a few alchemy plants, cloth for endeavor, alchemy bonus.
    Hardly any hiccups.
    I deal ~3k damage per runeblade (explosive morph) and with max crux ~5k damage per tick on pragmatic fatecarver.
    I have arcanist on console but not on PC unfortunately.
    I decide to head to archive for a moment to hunt daedra.
    1.1.1. Recieving heavy lag spikes. Booted for loss of internet. Why? I was so stable in overland, why was Archive having problems.
    As for damage: 1k from runeblades, ~600 from base fatecarver, ~1.2k max crux fatecarver. Constantly getting stunned so fatecarver would only get up to 3 ticks out per cast. Lag didn't help.
    Why am I doing soooo much damage overland but negligible in archive?
    And due to that archive lag spikes, I'm scared to attempt a dungeon.

Damage tooltips and floating numbers above mob heads tell you absolutely nothing about how much damage you actually do. Go to a player house that has a target dummy and deal damage against it until it dies. You’ll then get a readout in your chat box that will tell you how much damage you dealt against the dummy per second — which is a true indicator of how much damage you can deal under ideal situations against a static target.

Also, overland mobs are completely trivial and shouldn’t be compared to IA enemies at all — or even dungeon enemies, for that matter. IA features, among other things, scaled down trial bosses with actual mechanics you need to pay attention to if you don’t have enough DPS to kill them before they execute their mechanics. IA mobs and bosses also have higher resistances to damage than overland mobs do, which is why the floating damage numbers you see in IA are lower than they are on overland mobs.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »
    I can no longer get past arc 1 boss 2. It keeps summoning bosses who summon ads every 2 seconds and have a field of death. Sail Ripper and a Spriggan are two of them. I can't even half take out an ad before they summon a ton more.
    Sail Ripper. Kills me in 15 seconds. I'm a werewolf. I even had head on defense verse.
    Spriggan: reduce lurcher to 90%, she's already summoned another.
    These bosses are unkillable due to the shear number of ads they summon.
    PLEASE For the love of the archive either get rid of these bosses or get rid of their ads or something. Or limit their ad summoning capability to ONCE Every 30/60 seconds. Can't kill any before they summon more.
    Ok, I take that back on Spriggan, the flies are one tap and the first set of stranglers are easy, but she's already summoned more by the time I finish them off.
    It's Unplayable.
    When I die, there's over 30 ads on the field. I am always out of resources due to blocking and dodging and casting heals and the occasional infectious claws cast which takes a good 65 seconds to kill them. Yes I have to apply it several times.

Also, slight bug, after claiming a verse or vision in werewolf form, you get stuck in the animation, and nothing gets you out, until you use the portal. Abilities, bashing, interacting with merchant, don't fix. Only using portal to the next level.

I've also experienced all of this, especially WW getting stuck in its wolf animation. I'm glad I have no reason to return to IA anytime soon and experienced a severe 'burnout' when I did run thru IA.

But I've posted about that WW problem several times from last year and I guess that feedback was also ignored.

when i played through as a ww, i had the bug with being stuck in the howl animation, but that didnt actually stop me from using skills or anything, purely graphical

Ok I'm glad to hear that but to be clear, my char was not only 'stuck' in WW form, it was basically frozen in it. Meaning, no skills worked and no matter what I did could not get the WW ult timer to release me from the WW form. Other players were gracious enough to help by killing me multiples times (this was on BG but also happened once in IA) and nothing changed until I logged out and back in.

Note that I do not use any mods for WW specifically.

that sounds like a little bit of a different bug then, especially if it happened in a BG too

the WW being stuck in the howl animation seems to be archive specific as ive only seen it happen when selecting a verse/vision
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can no longer get past arc 1 boss 2. It keeps summoning bosses who summon ads every 2 seconds and have a field of death. Sail Ripper and a Spriggan are two of them. I can't even half take out an ad before they summon a ton more.
    Sail Ripper. Kills me in 15 seconds. I'm a werewolf. I even had head on defense verse.
    PLEASE For the love of the archive either get rid of these bosses or get rid of their ads or something. Or limit their ad summoning capability to ONCE Every 30/60 seconds. Can't kill any before they summon more.
    Ok, I take that back on Spriggan, the flies are one tap and the first set of stranglers are easy, but she's already summoned more by the time I finish them off.
    It's Unplayable.
    When I die, there's over 30 ads on the field. I am always out of resources due to blocking and dodging and casting heals and the occasional infectious claws cast which takes a good 65 seconds to kill them. Yes I have to apply it several times.

Also, slight bug, after claiming a verse or vision in werewolf form, you get stuck in the animation, and nothing gets you out, until you use the portal. Abilities, bashing, interacting with merchant, don't fix. Only using portal to the next level.

I've also experienced all of this, especially WW getting stuck in its wolf animation. I'm glad I have no reason to return to IA anytime soon and experienced a severe 'burnout' when I did run thru IA.

But I've posted about that WW problem several times from last year and I guess that feedback was also ignored.

when i played through as a ww, i had the bug with being stuck in the howl animation, but that didnt actually stop me from using skills or anything, purely graphical

Ok I'm glad to hear that but to be clear, my char was not only 'stuck' in WW form, it was basically frozen in it. Meaning, no skills worked and no matter what I did could not get the WW ult timer to release me from the WW form. Other players were gracious enough to help by killing me multiples times (this was on BG but also happened once in IA) and nothing changed until I logged out and back in.

that sounds like a little bit of a different bug then, especially if it happened in a BG too

the WW being stuck in the howl animation seems to be archive specific as ive only seen it happen when selecting a verse/vision

Why would it necessarily be different? The WW was stuck in like a heavy attack pose. No walking anim, could not get it to do anything. That was from BG and in IA I can't remember exactly what animation it was, but it did get stuck there as well.

There's no reason why the two incidents could not be related, although, we cannot prove that just from point of view. But there is a problem somewhere. The only reason I haven't experienced this anymore is because after the IA issue I was so frustrated -already- with IA that I just decided to quit playing WW for awhile.
    Edited by Vulkunne on 10 September 2024 16:16
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Unplayable.

Why would it necessarily be different? The WW was stuck in like a heavy attack pose. No walking anim, could not get it to do anything. That was from BG and in IA I can't remember exactly what animation it was, but it did get stuck there as well.

There's no reason why the two incidents could not be related, although, we cannot prove that just from point of view. But there is a problem somewhere. The only reason I haven't experienced this anymore is because after the IA issue I was so frustrated -already- with IA that I just decided to quit playing WW for awhile.

the archive bug with WW, you get stuck in the howl animation like you hit the heal, but it doesnt stop you from using any skills, moving, or light/heavy attacking, so its more of a graphical issue (it goes away if you leave WW form)

the issue your describing where your literally stuck in WW form, you cant attack, you cant even use the ult to cancel WW and can happen in BGs sounds like a different issue entirely

i wouldnt blame you for taking a break from WW, it definitely feels a bit weaker after the changes (though the way i play the WW is mostly in IC, which actually still works OK with the way i was set up)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Unplayable.

the archive bug with WW, you get stuck in the howl animation like you hit the heal, but it doesnt stop you from using any skills, moving, or light/heavy attacking, so its more of a graphical issue (it goes away if you leave WW form)

the issue your describing where your literally stuck in WW form, you cant attack, you cant even use the ult to cancel WW and can happen in BGs sounds like a different issue entirely

i wouldnt blame you for taking a break from WW, it definitely feels a bit weaker after the changes (though the way i play the WW is mostly in IC, which actually still works OK with the way i was set up)

Yeah. This isn't the thread for this but while we're on the subject, the WW form itself could use some TLC. Like how is a WW the size of an average person. :)

C'mon now I'm drunk most of the time I play but not drunk enough to realize it looks a bit akward.
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    And yes I run around as a ww for most of my run because it's fun for me. :)

Do you get that error where you collect a verse or vision and the werewolf's animation gets frozen? Moving like hovering with snout straight up. Casting claws and dodging don't fix. Merchant use doesn't fix. Get stunned when using the portal but then it does fix?

Yes this bug has been in the archive since it launched. Also some side portals and avatar transforms will remove all speed buffs unless you jump out and back in.

On the topic of sail ripper it's a challenging target as it's a trial boss from dread sail reef.

Also I find vision/verse rng makes a big difference when running ww.

I have had good success running 5pc of leeching plate on the body with oaken soul ring, then pick your go to dmg set and maybe a 1pc monster helm like slimecraw, valkyn skoria or balorgh.

Going through the portal to the next stage does fix the animation usually.

Finally obtaining all of the upgrades in the archive makes a big difference on runs going further.

I have 2 builds I'm planning.
    A: Oaken/Shapeshifters, Knight Slayer, Sergeants Mail. Although currently Embershield does seem to be keeping me alive, although it has no damage.
    B: Balhrazas Band, Blood Moon, and one other TBD. Systers Scowl looks nice, but doesn't pair well with Blood Moon as it has a 1 second cooldown on its effect, and blood moon gives a speed boost letting you light attack multiple times per second. I could still go Systres Scowl if I find another set. Alternatively I'm thinking Hist Whisperer if I can't find a damage booster.

For A) Do you think Oaken would be better or Shapeshifters?

My suggestion would be this.

Instead of spending so much time banging your head against the content, writing in these forums about the pains trying to complete it, or theorycrafting builds, spend that time leveling your character above twentysomething. Upon reaching level 50, put on random pieces of white gear and then steamroll Arc 1.

Take the advice of one of the ESO loading screens: "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day."

The point is I used to steamroll arc 1 with trash gear a few levels ago. Now I'm only slightly higher level with insanely better gear and actually have a set and I can't get as far as I used to.
    You'd think putting skillpoints into the tree you use would make it easier. Seems to have made it 10 times harder instead.

1: the under 50 power boost winds down as you get closer to level 50, so unless you're staying ontop of your gear management you do I fact get weaker as you level up.

2: as others have pointed out if your gear is a lower level than you it holds you back quite a considerable amount.

3: your saying your gear is insanely better, but that's not really bow gear works in ESO, so, let's run the gear checklist, which is as follows;
    -is the gear the at cp160?
    -is the gear the correct weight?
    -is your gear a set that you have all the pieces to?
    -can you make use of the set bonus with your current build?
    -is the quality of the gear purple, and if not do you have the means to upgrade it to such?
    -does it have the same trait/enchants?
    -is your weapon yellow tier?

If the answer to one or more of the above is "no" then it is infact a gear issue.

However Maybe ask a crafter friend to make you a set or two to wear while you level up? And even then stay of higher end content until you hit a bare minimum of cp160

I'll remind you. Origins were level 25 in level 15 gear, hardly any passives and lacking morphs and infectious claws, and lacking a lot of DK stuff. No sets. CP 340. PC NA. Mostly white and green.
    Current, level 28 in 26-28 gear, with a full set of Embershield. Werewolf maxed passives, fully morphed save infectious claws II, maxed DK passives as far as I can get, and more DK abilities and morphs acquired. Among those Molten Armaments.
    Carrying an oakensoul but can't use it because needs level 50. CP 553. PC NA. All blue or better.
    Last run as him I went greatsword only, until I ran into Cycle 4 The Mage. Had to WW up. Did much better in WW form, even though I lost my Empowered because no more molten armaments. Almost had it, if it weren't for getting DCd. Thanks for nothing akamai.

Today, tried it on my console arcanist, DCd in Stage 1 Wave 3, only took about 30 seconds tops. Excluding the 10+ second frozen times, mostly occurring in final wave. Xbox NA.

Anyways, it's not a gear issue as far as my levels are concerned then and now, WW DK. I was so much worse then, but could make it halfway through Arc 2 easy. Now I can't reach the first Tho'At.

Although, with recent events the past few... months... it appears it's an issue with Akamai International.
    Perhaps I can still make it as I used to, but lag spikes are killing it.
    Makes sense. I didn't think I was lagging that much worse than I used to, until my xbox arcanist run today.
    So, until they manage to change their routing to exclude akamai from their internet route, the infinite archive, as well as some dungeons, are unplayable.

Still level 28 after these repeated attempts in IA and slaughtering of normal dungeons such as FG?
  • JaxontheUnfortunate
    It's Unplayable.

Ok that has happened to me before a while back though not in IA where all you had were light and heavy attacks and nothing else. Usually going into a dungeon, delve or relogging fixes it in my experience, but definitely don't go to town to sell your wares the guards get all uppity. :)
  • JaxontheUnfortunate
    It's Unplayable.

Yeah. This isn't the thread for this but while we're on the subject, the WW form itself could use some TLC. Like how is a WW the size of an average person. :)

C'mon now I'm drunk most of the time I play but not drunk enough to realize it looks a bit akward.

Yeah that would be nice, but think I remember reading something that once art assets hit live they don't get changed unless there is a technical issue with them, so I am not holding my breath that visually werewolf will get a facelift as it were but would definitely welcome it.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    And yes I run around as a ww for most of my run because it's fun for me. :)

Do you get that error where you collect a verse or vision and the werewolf's animation gets frozen? Moving like hovering with snout straight up. Casting claws and dodging don't fix. Merchant use doesn't fix. Get stunned when using the portal but then it does fix?

Yes this bug has been in the archive since it launched. Also some side portals and avatar transforms will remove all speed buffs unless you jump out and back in.

On the topic of sail ripper it's a challenging target as it's a trial boss from dread sail reef.

Also I find vision/verse rng makes a big difference when running ww.

I have had good success running 5pc of leeching plate on the body with oaken soul ring, then pick your go to dmg set and maybe a 1pc monster helm like slimecraw, valkyn skoria or balorgh.

Going through the portal to the next stage does fix the animation usually.

Finally obtaining all of the upgrades in the archive makes a big difference on runs going further.

I have 2 builds I'm planning.
    A: Oaken/Shapeshifters, Knight Slayer, Sergeants Mail. Although currently Embershield does seem to be keeping me alive, although it has no damage.
    B: Balhrazas Band, Blood Moon, and one other TBD. Systers Scowl looks nice, but doesn't pair well with Blood Moon as it has a 1 second cooldown on its effect, and blood moon gives a speed boost letting you light attack multiple times per second. I could still go Systres Scowl if I find another set. Alternatively I'm thinking Hist Whisperer if I can't find a damage booster.

For A) Do you think Oaken would be better or Shapeshifters?

My suggestion would be this.

Instead of spending so much time banging your head against the content, writing in these forums about the pains trying to complete it, or theorycrafting builds, spend that time leveling your character above twentysomething. Upon reaching level 50, put on random pieces of white gear and then steamroll Arc 1.

Take the advice of one of the ESO loading screens: "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day."

The point is I used to steamroll arc 1 with trash gear a few levels ago. Now I'm only slightly higher level with insanely better gear and actually have a set and I can't get as far as I used to.
    You'd think putting skillpoints into the tree you use would make it easier. Seems to have made it 10 times harder instead.

1: the under 50 power boost winds down as you get closer to level 50, so unless you're staying ontop of your gear management you do I fact get weaker as you level up.

2: as others have pointed out if your gear is a lower level than you it holds you back quite a considerable amount.

3: your saying your gear is insanely better, but that's not really bow gear works in ESO, so, let's run the gear checklist, which is as follows;
    -is the gear the at cp160?
    -is the gear the correct weight?
    -is your gear a set that you have all the pieces to?
    -can you make use of the set bonus with your current build?
    -is the quality of the gear purple, and if not do you have the means to upgrade it to such?
    -does it have the same trait/enchants?
    -is your weapon yellow tier?

If the answer to one or more of the above is "no" then it is infact a gear issue.

However Maybe ask a crafter friend to make you a set or two to wear while you level up? And even then stay of higher end content until you hit a bare minimum of cp160

I'll remind you. Origins were level 25 in level 15 gear, hardly any passives and lacking morphs and infectious claws, and lacking a lot of DK stuff. No sets. CP 340. PC NA. Mostly white and green.
    Current, level 28 in 26-28 gear, with a full set of Embershield. Werewolf maxed passives, fully morphed save infectious claws II, maxed DK passives as far as I can get, and more DK abilities and morphs acquired. Among those Molten Armaments.
    Carrying an oakensoul but can't use it because needs level 50. CP 553. PC NA. All blue or better.
    Last run as him I went greatsword only, until I ran into Cycle 4 The Mage. Had to WW up. Did much better in WW form, even though I lost my Empowered because no more molten armaments. Almost had it, if it weren't for getting DCd. Thanks for nothing akamai.

Today, tried it on my console arcanist, DCd in Stage 1 Wave 3, only took about 30 seconds tops. Excluding the 10+ second frozen times, mostly occurring in final wave. Xbox NA.

Anyways, it's not a gear issue as far as my levels are concerned then and now, WW DK. I was so much worse then, but could make it halfway through Arc 2 easy. Now I can't reach the first Tho'At.

Although, with recent events the past few... months... it appears it's an issue with Akamai International.
    Perhaps I can still make it as I used to, but lag spikes are killing it.
    Makes sense. I didn't think I was lagging that much worse than I used to, until my xbox arcanist run today.
    So, until they manage to change their routing to exclude akamai from their internet route, the infinite archive, as well as some dungeons, are unplayable.

Still level 28 after these repeated attempts in IA and slaughtering of normal dungeons such as FG?

That's because I haven't been playing. I can hardly play ESO at all. Have you not read every comment?
    I'll repeat it for you.
    Pulling from another thread, it appears akamai international is blocking peoples packets and causing them internet issues.
    I cannot confirm that on my end, but I am having similar issues.
    My last WW attempt a few days ago was fighting the Mage. That was 1.4.3.
    Originally I started out just with my greatsword and DK skills.
    Obviously DK wasn't cutting it against the Mage, I needed a better heal. Had to wolf up.
    I nearly had the Mage, it was down to 35%, and then took a hard lag spike and got DCd. Came back and was dead.
    At least it wasn't Sail Cutter.