Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Gifting Update – October 2023

• BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why wouldnt people resort to nefarious acts to get around a broken system? When legal means are denied, illegal means arise.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a broken solution for a problem that was obviously very limited in nature. Instead fixing the problem, ZoS implemented a solution that patently doesn’t work.

I have an account that I play infrequently (I have quite a few accounts, originally as I was a fairly big trader in-game, latterly because I wanted my own guild bank storage).

The account originally qualified for crown store gifting, so I would pay subs and gift items to my main account, which I play more frequently. This worked for me, as it allowed me to keep the crafting bag on this account without wasting my money on crowns that I couldn’t use. Now, after the change in policy, I can’t get crown store gifting re-enabled because I’m not “engaged enough in the community”. I can’t be bothered with raising dozens of tickets like so many others here - I simply cancelled subs and don’t play the account. It still counts towards my guild bank.

I can’t help but think that it’s ZoS that’s losing out here. Bonkers.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a broken solution for a problem that was obviously very limited in nature. Instead fixing the problem, ZoS implemented a solution that patently doesn’t work.

The process is definitely not optimal. As a short term means to address their problem, I can certainly see standing this up while a more permanent solution is created. A year later, it seems that what should have been a temporary solution is the permanent solution. Makes no sense to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jsharrad_ESO
    jsharrad_ESO
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    No luck so far.

240825-002161 • Gifting
    Waiting on agent
    240826-002229 • Gifting
    Waiting on agent
    240823-003221 • Gifting
    Ticket closed as duplicate
    240819-004556 • Gifting
    240817-002732 • Gifting
    240816-002928 • Gifting
    240815-002553 • Gifting
    240814-002377 • Gifting
    240813-003108 • Gifting
    240812-002594 • Gifting
    240811-004026 • Gifting
    240810-002585 • Gifting
    240809-002526 • Gifting
    240808-004401 • Gifting
    240807-002228 • Gifting
    240806-002571 • Gifting
    240614-005210 • Gifting
    Answer Provided

Spamming Support daily is likely not going to accomplish what you are looking for.

I stopped opening them daily and was just updating the same ticket, however, they are encouraging this with the latest response I got on the ticket I was leaving open -

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

If you would like to re-apply for gifting please create a new ticket. This ticket is closed.

Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • tauriel01
    tauriel01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright, so I posted in the general forum about the situation we have in my household. It was shut down because this thread already exists. That tells me if I want any kind of resolution, I need to post the request here. Well, here it is:

My husband used to play the game. Over a year ago he lost interest and went on to greener pastures. However, he neglected to cancel his sub. His account stacked up over 34,000 crowns before we rectified the situation. We'd like to get at least SOME value out of that misspent money by gifting stuff to my account. However, no matter how many times he submits a ticket/appeal, he gets the same copy/paste response. Just the canned language about having to be active online, in a community, whatever. For about a month now he's logged on each day, interacted with NPCs, mobs, taken the daily log in reward. Still no. Not active enough apparently. This vague, mysterious "active" concept ZOS customer service keeps quoting is beyond frustrating. He's demonstrated it's a real account. He even offered to just have the crowns moved from his acct directly to mine. He begged to have someone higher up in the management chain look at the situation and consider it fairly. Still no. This is getting ridiculous at this point. How long does he have to keep logging in before you'll allow gifting to me? Tell us what, exactly, he needs to do to reach this invisible bar of "active" so we can finally put this thing to bed.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tauriel01 wrote: »
    Alright, so I posted in the general forum about the situation we have in my household. It was shut down because this thread already exists. That tells me if I want any kind of resolution, I need to post the request here. Well, here it is:

My husband used to play the game. Over a year ago he lost interest and went on to greener pastures. However, he neglected to cancel his sub. His account stacked up over 34,000 crowns before we rectified the situation. We'd like to get at least SOME value out of that misspent money by gifting stuff to my account. However, no matter how many times he submits a ticket/appeal, he gets the same copy/paste response. Just the canned language about having to be active online, in a community, whatever. For about a month now he's logged on each day, interacted with NPCs, mobs, taken the daily log in reward. Still no. Not active enough apparently. This vague, mysterious "active" concept ZOS customer service keeps quoting is beyond frustrating. He's demonstrated it's a real account. He even offered to just have the crowns moved from his acct directly to mine. He begged to have someone higher up in the management chain look at the situation and consider it fairly. Still no. This is getting ridiculous at this point. How long does he have to keep logging in before you'll allow gifting to me? Tell us what, exactly, he needs to do to reach this invisible bar of "active" so we can finally put this thing to bed.

Similar issue with me but with ten accounts. I already gave up and stopped all my ESO+ subs.
  • Sentano
    Sentano
    Soul Shriven
    The solution is simple. Everyone who does not automatically have crown gifting enabled by default should be sure to never buy crowns, either directly or via ESO+.

If ZOS doesn't want your money, don't give it to them.

That's a good idea, I'll tell every friend the same thing. But the people here already all have crowns and they are the ones who are screwed.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in almost the exact same situation with my husband's account.
  • jsharrad_ESO
    jsharrad_ESO
    ✭✭

This is the exact situation I'm in. 2 months of denials so far.