The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 2.1 dropping on 8/31 for PCs, the 30 day campaign on Azura's Star will not be completed. Will you end the campaign early to send out the campaign rewards or will the campaign wipe happen and the rewards won't happen?
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    I like the job system in FFXIV but ESO is FAR more diverse. A ninja in FFXIV can only dps. A warrior can only tank. But how about if you need your ninja to tank, or your warrior to dps? In ESO, a nightblade can be a ninja, straight dps, tank, heal, whatever you build your toon too. A dragon knight can tank or melee dps, or wizard dps, or heal even.... so although FFXIV gives you a ton of more jobs to be, all on one toon without alts, you are pigeon holed to being that job and limited to what that job provides. Very limited. ESO does not limit one job. In ESO, ALL jobs can do ALL things, just in DIFFERENT ways.

This guy.
    He gets it!

I don't want to compare ESO to FFXIV, I don't like many of FFXIVs systems. Being a fan of Final Fantasy too, I was disappointed that their new MMO went down the WoW route with some systems. If I was to compare ESO with any other MMO it'd be FFXI, not XIV and I've never actually played WoW so I don't comment much on it.

Even though I'm fanning the flames I don't think we should discuss this further here on the wrong thread, lol. I'll make a proper discussion/suggestion sometime in the character/class section.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    Maybe if you guys asked it like this! We know in beta there was text chat in consoles UI, is there any plans to unlock it so we can finally use it?

There wasn't a text chat in console betA tho
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    What is the meaning of Tel Var? I would really like to know what kind of stones I'm collecting.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the error notification when logging in since the last update/patch ever be addressed with a fix? The suggested workarounds didn't seem to do it for me.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck in combat bug, will this ever get fixed?

Thanks.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay I missed the first part, did they answer whether or not PC players will be able to continue to use 3rd party controller programs or if they will be forced into the console model when "controller support" is added to PC?

If not, it is still my question :D
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DunmerAshole!!!

Awesome today
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on 14 August 2015 21:49
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    I like the job system in FFXIV but ESO is FAR more diverse. A ninja in FFXIV can only dps. A warrior can only tank. But how about if you need your ninja to tank, or your warrior to dps? In ESO, a nightblade can be a ninja, straight dps, tank, heal, whatever you build your toon too. A dragon knight can tank or melee dps, or wizard dps, or heal even.... so although FFXIV gives you a ton of more jobs to be, all on one toon without alts, you are pigeon holed to being that job and limited to what that job provides. Very limited. ESO does not limit one job. In ESO, ALL jobs can do ALL things, just in DIFFERENT ways.

This guy.
    He gets it!

I get it. Too bad I'm leaving ESO to go back. Without text chat, o can't take this game serious. It's obvious ZOS wants to treat us like 15 year olds on the sofa asking mommy permission to play. The Live episode was very disappointing. I'll keep in touch with the few friends I've made, have fun.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In early so I don't forget to ask... again ... because I forgot to ask for today... doh.

Question:

"What does clicking on a pinion at a dark anchor actually do? Does it just heal you? Do you get a buff? People seem to think not clicking on them until everything dies gives you better loot... and/or a better chance at generals spawning... is that true?"

I swear this was answered a very long time ago on PC, but can't find the answer. The rumors are swirling again as console players hit un-updated websites and hear rumors and voodoo from people. Had a guy on Xbox throw a tantrum about it last night because someone hit a pinion during a fight.

• mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    In early so I don't forget to ask... again ... because I forgot to ask for today... doh.

Question:

"What does clicking on a pinion at a dark anchor actually do? Does it just heal you? Do you get a buff? People seem to think not clicking on them until everything dies gives you better loot... and/or a better chance at generals spawning... is that true?"

I swear this was answered a very long time ago on PC, but can't find the answer. The rumors are swirling again as console players hit un-updated websites and hear rumors and voodoo from people. Had a guy on Xbox throw a tantrum about it last night because someone hit a pinion during a fight.

There's a higher chance to fight a named boss if the pinions are left untouched.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the eso live episode on 8/14 @ZOS_RichLambert said that the reason there will not be raids larger than 12 people for PVE is because "... There is too much stuff going on..." In larger groups. Why didn't/don't they take this view with PVP, especially considering the current performance issues and pain train meta in cyrodiil? This type of gameplay seems to be discouraging to the majority of the pvp community. Is there a chance for at least one campaign to have a limited group size like 12 or 16 players in an upcoming patch?
    Edited by TBois on 14 August 2015 23:48
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭

Question:

There's a higher chance to fight a named boss if the pinions are left untouched.

This has already been debunked.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn't the 5 piece armor set effect of "Necropotence" work with the Nightblade skill Summon Shade and it's morphs?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn't the 5 piece armor set effect of "Necropotence" work with the Nightblade skill Summon Shade and it's morphs?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • darienchibi
    Is there going to be an asian release of ESO on xbox one or at least something to make crowns and plus membership available is asian countries? I am currently living in Japan. I love playing ESO and would really like to have an ESO plus account and use the crown store but because the xbox store is region specific, I am not able to purchase them. Right now it's not a huge deal but when the imperial city is released, I will not be able to purchase from the xbox marketplace and play it.
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't I loot any container nor interact with any prop in those prettily decorated Outlaws' Refuges? DansGame
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanniBoi wrote: »
    Hey Zenimax I really will like to know this, and please, do answer it?

Would the people that bought this game outside of steam, will they (us) get a steam key to redeem it so it can be part of our steam library?

Note: Please make it so, I know I am not the only one that would love this to happen.

They won't/can't do that It's been talked about before they just say add it as a non steam game.

TBH the big reason I want the key added is so that steam stops trying to push the game on me since I already own it. It's always "next in queue" and I just want to wring someone's neck.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any rumors or talks of flying mounts? I think that would add a great depth even if flight cannot ascend too high. thanks!

*****Vikerion
    EH*/*

Will not happen. The world is not open and built for flying mounts. You'd have to completely redesign the game world from the ground up, and you'd encounter problems like people flying over cyrodiil.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Will the new music coming with Update 7 and future updates be available for free download or purchase?

I'm a big fan of the games soundtrack and purchased the original one and would love to continue gathering the games music.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • keonimeyer
    Will there be mounts that allow more then one person? It would be cool to have say a mudcrab mount allowing three or four players on, but the flaw would be it would go much slower compared to a single player mount for obvious reasons.
  • R3DTHR3AT
    R3DTHR3AT
    ✭✭
    Why ZOS still dont remake loot from AA & HRC, make it more useful, change their bonuses etc.? You even dont want to scale them to vr16? Now there is no profit from farming this trials.
    Aetherius Eight guild. World 1st HM SO team member.

• Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    They won't/can't do that It's been talked about before they just say add it as a non steam game.

TBH the big reason I want the key added is so that steam stops trying to push the game on me since I already own it. It's always "next in queue" and I just want to wring someone's neck.

Oh I see...
    ...what is the reason in which they haven't allow any key (Zenimax or Steam) to those who bought it outside of steam? Besides perhaps the obvious about they cashing money again? I honestly will like to know.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will ALL activated trophies be visible to other players one day? As of right now some are, but most aren't.
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know remapping controller templates was a no from ESO Live 14. How about just a temple that switches around weapon swap and crouch. That really is my number one complaint. Weapon Swap on the D-Pad takes a player's hand off the toggle switch is unintuitive during combat.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    How tall and old is great tree Elden Root at the heart of Grahtwood? And how did it become a city?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • DrunkenDaedra
    Why there is no real time scale in game?
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanniBoi wrote: »
    Arato wrote: »

Oh I see...
    ...what is the reason in which they haven't allow any key (Zenimax or Steam) to those who bought it outside of steam? Besides perhaps the obvious about they cashing money again? I honestly will like to know.

There's nothing in place on Steam for the gifting of the codes without Zenimax having to take the hit. I know other companies that are in the same situation, and they have the same conundrum. Some choose to pay steam it's money and give them to the purchasers. But that's being nice, and shouldn't be expected.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there going to be any update on implementing user made content?

This game is utterly in need of new content, and while you take care of the bugs, the community could help itself with creating content. All TES games so far lived hugely off its modding community, people contributing to the game without being paid.
    It seems this would solve a lot of yours and our problems at the same time.

One can only dream. I have been dying to mod this game since the beginning.I made mods for MW,and some of the ideas I implemented into a mod,plus the ideas that other modders there have made would be amazing for this game,But,..nope.We cant mod anything physical,..just UI fixes,or stat stuff,etc.Not armor,not weapons,not even clothing.People are s till modding that game,which is why it still lives as much as it does.I just found some new ones yesterday.Created lest month. No construction kit for this world. Anything that might take away the potentiality of making money for ZOS wont happen.And,anything physical will wind up having to be paid for in the end,I am afraid.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there ever be purpose to any of the ledgerdemain items?

Thoughts would be skill effectiveness boosts like Morihaus's Horn to War Horn or Auri El's Quiver.

Or things like the long handled mud crab flipper being able to flip mudcrabs as a segue to new emotes.

Or use the lootable sash/tabards as a temporary disguise for AvA. Duration increased based on quality. I.E. Blue Lionguard sash disguises longer than Green Covenant Sash.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
This discussion has been closed.