The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• SpawnOfDeath
    SpawnOfDeath
    Soul Shriven
    Maint. On NA server going to take long this morning?
  • Zanefold
    Zanefold
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, for those who are upset about not having text chat on console should check out ESO's next live episode on twitch -- 8/14 at 4:00PM EDT

If you don't have a twitch account be sure to make one so you can post a message to them and ask them about text chat!

• Zanefold
    Zanefold
    ✭✭✭
    peetb.jpg
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Veteran Rank cap going to be increased beyond VR16 for Wrothgar?

I ask this because it's been stated that if we're not interested in PVP, we shouldn't buy Imperial City, if IC is the PVP VR16 update and Wrothgar is the PVE VR16 update, I can choke that down (and I hate choking down VR cap increases as it is) better than if IC is VR16, and Wrothgar is VR18. Raising the cap would also make IC be abandoned as soon as Wrothgar hit so it's in your own best interest not to raise the cap again and keep IC relevant.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player that prefers only to play on one character in MMOs and has always disliked the idea of making an Alt. Would you consider making it possible to switch classes at a Rededication Shrine?

This would make it easier for new players to experience all the classes before initially deciding how they want to play. This change would also make ESO truly the most flexible MMO, because currently this is my only problem with the game; I want to experience the other classes but do not want to create another character and start over again.

Also, and probably the most important point of making this change. When you decide to implement new classes into the game, players would not feel the need to re-roll(A bane to all MMO players) a different character and start over again to experience these new classes.

So, I would like to know if being able to change class on a single character will ever be a possibility in ESO and if not, what would be stopping you from making this change?
    Edited by Kuroinu on 12 August 2015 21:10
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can steal clothes which we can launder but can we also just go to a tailor/ clothier and buy ourselves some nice garments? Also which me to second question can we previewing of wares at merchants before we buy like the crown store?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player that prefers only to play on one character in MMOs and has always disliked the idea of making an Alt. Would you consider making it possible to switch classes at a Rededication Shrine?

This would make it easier for new players to experience all the classes before initially deciding how they want to play. This change would also make ESO truly the most flexible MMO, because currently this is my only problem with the game; I want to experience the other classes but do not want to create another character and start over again.

Also, and probably the most important point of making this change. When you decide to implement new classes into the game, players would not feel the need to re-roll(A bane to all MMO players) a different character and start over again to experience these new classes.

So, I would like to know if being able to change class on a single character will ever be a possibility in ESO and if not, what would be stopping you from making this change?

So you are asking to remove the leveling grind that all MMOs use to keep players playing and customers paying? Yea....good luck on that ever happening.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Zanefold
    Zanefold
    ✭✭✭
    An example of why we need text chat on console. Hers is a video someone made of the "amazing" voice chat on console...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoT7rJi-UKs
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos,If you are reading this,Please i beg you,Enough,Can we please have text chat?

Its one of my few complains about the game,it just removes much of the social aspects of the game,it makes everything feel empty and its so hard finding a group,I am tired,i am playing eso less becouse of this. By talking about this i have mostly been met by downvotes,silly arguments like "console players dont like to type" and people telling me to go back to pc.

Those people could not be more wrong,i have sent and gotten more messages in eso then any game on xbox,and in Eso you got to first stand close to the player,then hold start,then choose view gamercard,then you have to wait a couple seconds,then finally choose send message! Alot of people are doing it so what makes people think console players will be against text chat?

Why not have text chat so we dont have to go through all those things? Its so annoying,how could ZoS not see that this was a bad design?

There is nothing wrong with voice chat,but having only voice chat is not enough in a MMO, not having text chat just makes everything more difficult,i cant type lfg so everyone in the zone can read,i cant advertise my guild,i cant chat with many people,cant do all the great stuff we could do if we had text chat,

Instead i need to yell lfg in voice chat and be met by people telling me to shut up or people making fun of my accent,crying babies,dogs barking,people figthing,someone chewing etc.

I have heard people say that text chat would ruin their immersion but they couldnt be more wrong,seriously why cant we have both text chat and voice? And no i wont go back to pc,i want to help zos improve the console versions.

Zos,what about people who cant hear? What about people who cant speak english to well but can read and type better? What about people who just dont feel like talking? What about people who are mostly in party chat?

Zos,I love this game,i just think its such a shame that you are ignoring this problem,why make the console version inferiour on purpose? Please listen to your paying customers,we just want to make the game better.

Thats it,sorry if this text was written poorly but i just want to get the word out.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow i could so not play any game with that BS going on. Worse decision ZoS ever made not going text chat in consoles.

Why wouldn't ZoS understand before release how this would ruin the whole RP and feel of the Elder Scrolls world. Whoever thought of this on consoles should be fired and thrown out of the MMORPG world!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »
    So you are asking to remove the leveling grind that all MMOs use to keep players playing and customers paying? Yea....good luck on that ever happening.

Umm, Blizzard has a bone to pick with you.

But, at the same time, I do agree. Unless they provide an option to pay for a max level toon, class changes will probably not be a thing.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zanefold wrote: »
    An example of why we need text chat on console. Hers is a video someone made of the "amazing" voice chat on console...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoT7rJi-UKs

This guy went into a populated town and expected a library? The silence of the graves

Lol.

I hear opportunities for trading, werewolf bites or easy conversation starters. But I turn my headphones down a bit and have a sense of humor.

I know I might be crazy but that actually seemed kinda fun.

I'm all about my dance emotes to haddaway tho.

• Dylanator30
    Is there 1v1 modes? I would really love to 1v1 in an Arena setting? love the game so far thanks!!!
    I'd rather fight and die on my feet, then live as slaves on our knees!
    -Spartacus
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Zenimax I really will like to know this, and please, do answer it?

Would the people that bought this game outside of steam, will they (us) get a steam key to redeem it so it can be part of our steam library?

Note: Please make it so, I know I am not the only one that would love this to happen.
    Edited by Donum-Dei on 13 August 2015 18:01
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Way of Martial Knowledge Set be available in VR 16 level?
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@uberkull

No, you misunderstand. You would still have to level the individual classes to unlock the abilities.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

Umm, Blizzard has a bone to pick with you.

But, at the same time, I do agree. Unless they provide an option to pay for a max level toon, class changes will probably not be a thing.

@OmniDevil

I don't think I made this clear. I'll probably have to make a separate thread on this later to help people understand more and realise there's a simple way to make this happen and it'd just make the game that much better. Nothing to do with WoWs systems at all.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OmniDevil

I don't think I made this clear. I'll probably have to make a separate thread on this later to help people understand more and realise there's a simple way to make this happen and it'd just make the game that much better. Nothing to do with WoWs systems at all.

@Riko_Futatabi

No, I do believe I understand what you were trying to portray with your idea. My comment was, more or less, in regards to what he/she was saying that "no mmo has this", hence my Blizzard reference. For the record, I absolutely loathe that system and it's what made me never want to get back into that game. Being able to purchase a max level character is just...

But, back to your idea, FFXI and FFXIV has this with the "Job" system. Being able to go from a Darknight to a Ninja whenever you so wished. Assuming I understood what you were suggesting, I believe that falls more in line with that. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. In fact, I'd probably be all over this. However, my one and only disagreement with this is the lack of depth and absorbtion, on a player to character level. This system never made me feel invested into my character.

There would be no reason to put any thought into what class you wanted to create from the start, especially knowing I could change laer on, whenever I wished. I enjoy MMOs that put you into a position of having to think about what you want to play, incorporating your playstyle or just what felt "fun" to you. Since any class can DPS or Heal, it came down to what skills appealed to me more. For me, it was a Dragonknight.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Dylanator30
    Is there any rumors or talks of flying mounts? I think that would add a great depth even if flight cannot ascend too high. thanks!

*****Vikerion
    EH*/*
    I'd rather fight and die on my feet, then live as slaves on our knees!
    -Spartacus
  • DrunkenDaedra
    When re-creation kit and hair kit ll be added to crown store? and is there any plan to balance height scale system?(Khajits are tall as Altmers if you dont balance it, atleast make dunmer taller as khajits :neutral: )
    Edited by DrunkenDaedra on 13 August 2015 20:51
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OmniDevil

@Riko_Futatabi

No, I do believe I understand what you were trying to portray with your idea. My comment was, more or less, in regards to what he/she was saying that "no mmo has this", hence my Blizzard reference. For the record, I absolutely loathe that system and it's what made me never want to get back into that game. Being able to purchase a max level character is just...

But, back to your idea, FFXI and FFXIV has this with the "Job" system. Being able to go from a Darknight to a Ninja whenever you so wished. Assuming I understood what you were suggesting, I believe that falls more in line with that. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. In fact, I'd probably be all over this. However, my one and only disagreement with this is the lack of depth and absorbtion, on a player to character level. This system never made me feel invested into my character.

There would be no reason to put any thought into what class you wanted to create from the start, especially knowing I could change laer on, whenever I wished. I enjoy MMOs that put you into a position of having to think about what you want to play, incorporating your playstyle or just what felt "fun" to you. Since any class can DPS or Heal, it came down to what skills appealed to me more. For me, it was a Dragonknight.

Yeah I played XI for a long time and XIV for around a year and a half. I'll probably still create some thread to discuss this further. Because all you really do in character creation is pick a skill set, it doesn't actually have any connection to your character level, it has levels of its own. This is why I think ESO has the potential to seriously offer us this diversity.
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,
    Why don't all class skills scale with stamina OR Magicka just like Ultimates? It would be nice to use Velocius Curse, or Mages Fury on my stamina Sorcer and have it be affective.
  • JakelDK
    JakelDK
    ✭✭✭
    is there an ETA on the "feature change mechanic" for our characters?
    best regards
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    What is the reason behind that we need 10 X as many materials to craft V16 armor then for V 15?
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    Question 1: Is there any chance in the future to add Permanent Weapon glows?
    Question 2: Will there be more Guild's or fractions available to Join?
    Question 3: Will the active skill bar remain always with 5 slots?

Thanks.
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
    Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • Naslu
    Naslu
    ✭✭✭
    Q1: Any dates for introduction of the next step of justice system? Like earning the bounty for criminal players?

Q2: Are we going to get new passive trees with Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild like legermaine skills or are new active skills are coming in/ or mixed trees with active and passive skills?

Q3: Is there a new 12-men trial coming in with Orsinium, maybe some hints about it, if yes?

Q4: Any plans for an introduction of a new class? Maybe Necromoncer, fighting with summoned skelletons, flesh atronachs and alot of unholy deadric power?

Q5: Any chance that skyreach tower instance (upper craglorn) will get a leaderbord? To raise its grade of difficulty and to make it more rewarding? Its a superfunny "mini arena" and has alot of unused potencial for quick entertaiment.

rgds Naslu
    Guild Hodor
    • Marbella Ori / Temp Healer
    • Naslu / Stam Templer
    • Ordaril / Magicka Sorc
    • Allaine De Ladonia / Magicka DK
    • Gretel Witchhunter / Magicka NB
    • Lili Catani / Magicka Tank NB
    • Prince Adam of Eternia / Stam DK

[/center]
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    why scale dungeons to v16 and not trails?
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    @OmniDevil

@Riko_Futatabi

Yeah I played XI for a long time and XIV for around a year and a half. I'll probably still create some thread to discuss this further. Because all you really do in character creation is pick a skill set, it doesn't actually have any connection to your character level, it has levels of its own. This is why I think ESO has the potential to seriously offer us this diversity.

I like the job system in FFXIV but ESO is FAR more diverse. A ninja in FFXIV can only dps. A warrior can only tank. But how about if you need your ninja to tank, or your warrior to dps? In ESO, a nightblade can be a ninja, straight dps, tank, heal, whatever you build your toon too. A dragon knight can tank or melee dps, or wizard dps, or heal even.... so although FFXIV gives you a ton of more jobs to be, all on one toon without alts, you are pigeon holed to being that job and limited to what that job provides. Very limited. ESO does not limit one job. In ESO, ALL jobs can do ALL things, just in DIFFERENT ways.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the job system in FFXIV but ESO is FAR more diverse. A ninja in FFXIV can only dps. A warrior can only tank. But how about if you need your ninja to tank, or your warrior to dps? In ESO, a nightblade can be a ninja, straight dps, tank, heal, whatever you build your toon too. A dragon knight can tank or melee dps, or wizard dps, or heal even.... so although FFXIV gives you a ton of more jobs to be, all on one toon without alts, you are pigeon holed to being that job and limited to what that job provides. Very limited. ESO does not limit one job. In ESO, ALL jobs can do ALL things, just in DIFFERENT ways.

This guy.
    He gets it!

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • Zanefold
    Zanefold
    ✭✭✭
    ESO Live's next episode -- 8/14 at 4:00PM EDT ESO Live's next episode -- 8/14 at 4:00PM EDT

Get in on the chat to voice your oppinion about text chat for consoles!

This discussion has been closed.