Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What kind of content are you comfortable playing?

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming my satellite internet connection doesn't decide to give me a massive amount of input lag and I have the patience I can manage some of the older DLC dungeons on Vet not necessarily hard mode.

Other than that I will occasionally do the base game dungeons on Vet, I don't do trials, spend most of my time in game in overland since I find it more relaxing then group stuff, can go at my own pace.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-baby, I would do normal trials, some vet dungeons, and just dailies. Now it’s mostly leveling alts, chill overland, and the occasional normal dungeon crawl.
  • FireBreathingNord
    FireBreathingNord
    ✭✭✭
    I started out enjoying overland content and normal dungeons with one character. Now, I have over 18 characters and have completed trifectas in every dungeon, though I'm missing a couple of trial trifectas. This change happened gradually over many years.

I’ve met many players who have come and gone, or who are on servers where I can no longer play. I don’t do housing, but I’ve learned every recipe and crafting blueprint in the game.

At one point, I did daily crafting without fail to make gold and keep up with the game’s constant changes, like new sets or nerfs. It often felt like I was always adjusting, and finding a build that worked well was challenging because the game was constantly evolving, sometimes requiring a complete overhaul of the builds I was enjoying. Sometimes felt like they were specifically targeting me, haha.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like we either do not want any challenge/find overland challenging enough or we lean to the most challenging content.

I will note that the last choice, progressive vet trials, is rather vague. Some may be in a progression group trying to clear vAA while others are working on HM of the more challenging trials that are a lot more than the training dummy experience in vAA.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy content up to regular vet trial clears. I have no interest in getting good enough for trial trifectas, even if I did have a schedule conducive to progging, which I don't.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 8 September 2024 02:00
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dungeons are my favorite content. Mostly I run normals because there mechanics don't matter. (They ought to!) There are so many dungeons now even though I try to learn and remember them all I'm old and the memory isn't what it used to be.

So for randoms only normal. Vets are fine but for those I queue for I refresh my memory of the mechanics.

Normal trials only and again I refresh mechanics before.
    PS5/NA
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC dungeons on normal. No trials.

I don't feel comfortable in trials or veteran dlc dungeons but, I have completed both.

I was doing Scalecaller Peak on my alt account that is not that well set up and it ended up taking three runs to beat it on normal. The people in my group the first two times that were more veteran left in the first two runs and my alt account wasn't strong enough to carry when down players like my main could.

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how to answer this. I was comfortable progging trials, back when I was doing group content. I took a LONG break after AwA and before hybridization so the gear and knowledge I came back to is definitely different. Most everyone I did group content with has also quit. So while I don’t have an aversion to doing these things (I miss my trifecta dungeon group so much!) I don’t really know anyone still doing these things and pugging isn’t for me.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Answered Vet DLC Dungeons and Normal Trials, though I am still easing back into the game before I jump into that content again, and tweaking some character builds so they.... suck a little less haha.

I am also getting into housing again thanks to the new starter pack. I kinda generally play a little bit of everything in this game save for hardcore Cyrodiil and Vet Trials.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • DoofusMax
    DoofusMax
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to go with "none of the above" since there isn't really an answer in there which fits. I don't do Trials and mostly stick to Normal-difficulty dungeons (solo). For the endeavors this month, I've just gone to Maj (I don't turn up my nose at an additional key and transmute), and run whatever she's doing.

If the question had asked what I spend most of my time engaged with, then it's a toss-up between overland (daily stuff, mostly) and "inventory management."
    I'm fresh out of outrage, but I could muster up some amused annoyance if required.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't enjoy veteran. I have played the game enough that I comfortably do vet dungeon, base or DLC, and with a group that's ready for it, but it doesn't do much for me. It's not what I play the game for. DLC dungeons are increasingly becoming some kind of Dance Dance Revolution. In a veteran edition of that, you miss a step and it screws it all up. Just not fun for me.
    I play the game for the story, the environment, moving around in a different world. My life is stressful enough, my entertainment doesn't need to be. I don't have a life where I can commit x hours a week at specific times. I'm chaotic neutral; schedules do not suit me.

• LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the I play everything?
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    This rules out trials (yes, I know that some people have soloed a trial, but I heard it's difficult and takes forever; I'm probably too impatient for that) and some harder dlc dungeons.
    Group trials can't be soloed. Maybe someone killed a single mini side boss on the easiest mode, but there's no way anyone completed an entire 12-man trial solo. It's literally impossible due to mechanics.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »
    This rules out trials (yes, I know that some people have soloed a trial, but I heard it's difficult and takes forever; I'm probably too impatient for that) and some harder dlc dungeons.
    Group trials can't be soloed. Maybe someone killed a single mini side boss on the easiest mode, but there's no way anyone completed an entire 12-man trial solo. It's literally impossible due to mechanics.

Haven't soloed, but back shortly after it came out, three of us did (normal) Sunspire. Probably easy peasy these days, but it was a fun challenge then!
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    It looks like we either do not want any challenge/find overland challenging enough or we lean to the most challenging content.

Yes. I like this poll. It's interesting.

I feel like it shows the following (of those who responded, at least):
    1. Having easily accessible content is equally important to having challenging content, from a community split distribution. One should not be sacrificed for the other or half the community will be alienated.
    2. The "gateway" seems to work, if you actually take the time to step your toe into any kind of group content, if you assume that, at some point in their ESO journeys, the respondents who are comfortable with difficult content started with less difficult content. Based on the data as it looks right now, not a lot of people tried normal dungeons, were comfortable with them, but stopped there and/or found the next difficulty level insurmountable.

Obviously a poll of "how do you spend your time" might look different as some commenters have mentioned they can do the hard content, but choose not to, but I still think this poll is valuable in showing that the different difficulty levels have their place and we should be appreciative of all of them, from a community-view standpoint, regardless of whether we directly enjoy them ourselves.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »

I've heard it would be possible with Halls of Fabrication? Or have they changed it?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaiFaith wrote: »
    Is the question more about what I enjoy or what I am able to clear?

I'll then answer accordingly...
    Yes, normal dlc and trials can be pugged with an low failure chance. Same with hard mode in all the base game dungeons.
    Also the old dlc dungeons and the Craglorn trials are much easier than later stuff.

Its also an issue of groups, was in an group who did lots of vet dlc but they moved on or stopped playing.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    Based on the data as it looks right now, not a lot of people tried normal dungeons, were comfortable with them, but stopped there and/or found the next difficulty level insurmountable.

It is not surprising that it is not difficulty that stops people from going from overland to dungeons and trials. It's evidently the fact that they're two completely different game experiences. Unfortunately, those who like the overland type have nowhere to go for more challenging content.

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't answer the poll because I don't really run regular vet trials very often anymore, I'm more focused on trifectas at this point.
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I log in chat with a few friends make items that folks need then log out...as much as I love the world the game has no consequences and therefore is boring...there is nothing in ESO that will get your heart beating just this mild not dangerous world of Rainbows and Lollypop's

The sad part is ZoS has the talent ( folks like Bill Slavicsek) who can change that...

I want to be afraid to go to certain places
    I want to worry if that sword I just found is cursed
    I want to be careful of what Alliances I make because it might effect the rest of the game.

Yeah I know none of that will ever happen.
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • ThoraxtheDark
    ThoraxtheDark
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    At this point in my gaming life, I have no further interest in group content. I love MMOs for the "active world" around me, but I'm too old and crochety to mess with others in groups any more. No patience for all that now....

Well. Actually, the only reason I had any patience for it in WoW and RIFT was due solely to the fact that running instances in those games was done in my own friends and family guilds, which I ran, and ran to suit myself.

Oh, and unfortunately, the story bosses in the quests since High Isle are really now too hard for me, so zone stories are no longer included in what I love and play.

What part of the bosses can't you beat ? Generally curious
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to assume we're not doing these solo, cause who solos Trials.

I've done both Vet HM dlc Dungeons as well as Vet Trials, but no HM Trials, nor do I wish to attempt. I'm not THAT much of a completionist. Besides I'm pretty sure I already get carried in Vet Trials, I'm not gonna push it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can do DLC veteran dungeons just fine, but not so on veteran DLC trials. Not that I can't do them, but the group finding, mechanics, etc... is tiring. If I'm getting in a 12 man group to do something difficult I'm raiding a Keep in Cyrodiil instead.
    Edited by Vevvev on 9 September 2024 19:00
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy observing cosmetics, overland scenery, funny interactions with players and environment. I do not participate in further roleplay if I don't have time or have bad mood, but I will at least take a screenshot :)

Why are there two Lords of Domination? Because they are comparing their servants:

TANfdAN.jpeg

Ember accidentally understands who is her master:

wZvNGyN.jpeg

Gryphon mob is bugged? It is my loyal pet then:

W4fPjTz.jpeg

Someone's pets combined together in a cute way:

zLr3Z52.jpeg

I can't have fun with Molag Bal polymorph anymore without his voice, but I still do tasks for Seals of Endeavors.
    Recently I led a group through Coral Aerie dungeon, and showed them that we can pet Gryphon fledglings there :smiley: It was cute to observe them all interacting! Those people didn't know about such awesome feature because they only used to rush ahead and skip mobs there...

SYETTHM.jpeg

I am "comfortable" in veteran arenas and dungeons. I also did few veteran trials and felt ok, but I do not use voice chat so my chance to get into a group is extremely low.
    But it's all not fun when there are no funny interactions. So when I have choice, I don't do that content. Of course, changes to veteran arena weapons (devalue of everything earned on vet) played big role in my decision regarding this content :/ I did few vMA runs since then, but I'm proud to say that I haven't stepped into any version of DSA since the day my veteran weapons became normal. Without funny roleplay, without guarantee that the rewards keep their value? Teaching people to pet little Griffons and participating in overland adventures feels much better <3
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm comfortable doing everything on normal. Can do base game dungeons with PUGs if I know at least one player in the group. Willing to try vet DLCs if it's a pre-made group.
    The Moot Councillor
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Missing the option

DLC dungeons on veteran. No trials.
    PC NA
  • sunsrest
    sunsrest
    ✭✭✭
    up to DLC dungeons on nomral with npc companion, though it can be hard going with some bosses, I probably could handle some regular vet dungeons with a 4 person party but never tried them
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO isn't my main game. I use it to lazily chill solo, mainly wandering in explorable, enjoying the landscape and farming resources, and trading. Once in a while I do a quest or a delve, once in a blue moon a normal dungeon.

What I prefer are treasure hunts, like the one with the music instruments, museum pieces, "give to the poor" and so on. Unfortunately, there are not so many. I got a bit bored at scrying, so by now I rarely go dig the leads I get, unless it's one I don't have or a yellow one.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Base game dungeons on normal. No trials.

I can solo several of the base game dungeons on normal, although the others are beyond my abilities to solo.

I have successfully participated in some of the DLC dungeons, and at least one trial, with groups of players, but my concerns that my DPS and tankiness are insufficient hold me back from volunteering for group content or queuing for random groups.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!