The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Excuse me?

• nihonseanb14_ESO
    nihonseanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I also think people who were affected got an absolute haul when it comes to compensation and should just be happy with that.

[/quote]

I'm sorry what? Cycling through 14 crafting alts a day + daily WB missions x 10 days comes out to almost a thousand purple boxes + rewards from the daily crafting writs themselves + daily login rewards + double xp.

Nothing Zeni is offering comes close to what dedicated gamers lost in motiffs, crafting materials and rare drops due to an occurrence that is 100% Zenimax's fault, not the players.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry what? Cycling through 14 crafting alts a day + daily WB missions x 10 days comes out to almost a thousand purple boxes + rewards from the daily crafting writs themselves + daily login rewards + double xp.

Nothing Zeni is offering comes close to what dedicated gamers lost in motiffs, crafting materials and rare drops due to an occurrence that is 100% Zenimax's fault, not the players.

And not everyone has 14 alts that they do a ton of stuff on and not everyone can play like 10 hours a day. I am not a huge fan of ZOS right now being a Necro main and a PvPer but I also feel bad because they really bent over backwards to compensate, believe someone said it was about $500-$600 worth of stuff, and people seem to still be crapping on them and wanting more.

It shouldn’t have happened in the first place, ZOS somehow messed up, but they are trying to fix it and even have communicated constantly.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on 23 April 2024 01:41
    Options
  • TKo_ROUSE
    TKo_ROUSE
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

And not everyone has 14 alts that they do a ton of stuff on and not everyone can play like 10 hours a day. I am not a huge fan of ZOS right now being a Necro main and a PvPer but I also feel bad because they really bent over backwards to compensate, believe someone said it was about $500-$600 worth of stuff, and people seem to still be crapping on them and wanting more.

It shouldn’t have happened in the first place, ZOS somehow messed up, but they are trying to fix it and even have communicated constantly.

The $500 comes from the average cost to buy crates until you hit a radiant apex. With that said that value is very subjective. Might mean a lot to someone who buys crates and wants cosmetics. To others who don’t care about cosmetics or just want to use trifecta mounts it’s not really worth a lot.

To someone who doesn’t care you can’t just say oh well you got $500 dollars of stuff just be happy. Like last time I traveled they messed up my hotel and I paid for an ocean walk out room and they couldn’t honor it. I ended up on the third floor without even an ocean view. Like they tried to give me a bunch of free stuff like massages to make up for it. Which it’s like thanks for trying but I don’t care about any of that. I just wanted to be able to get a nice view on my patio of the ocean. A massage isn’t worth a $100 to me personally but to others it very well could be.

Kind of the same scenario applies here. Like most of us just wanted to participate in the event. For me it’s my personal favorite and I missed over half of it. I’d way rather have the in game items than a bunch of cosmetics. I’d trade the 16k endeavors for another month of eso+ personally.
    Edited by TKo_ROUSE on 23 April 2024 02:11
    Options
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭

That price point is being estimated for the 16k seals - the value of a radiant apex. The issue with that is if you used that actual money to buy crowns and then crates and say use the gems to buy a radiant apex mount or pull one after spending the money... you have a lot more stuff than just the mount? You have gems if you didn't pull the mount and either way there are a bunch of other cosmetics and items you end up with.

It's not the same. I don't think you can even compare the two like that with all of this in mind.

I mean... I think everyone affected would rather have $500 to $600 given to them because that's clearly worth so much more lol.

I'm not saying any of this to be negative about the compensation though, what they are doing is still really nice.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TKo_ROUSE wrote: »

The $500 comes from the average cost to buy crates until you hit a radiant apex. With that said that value is very subjective. Might mean a lot to someone who buys crates and wants cosmetics. To others who don’t care about cosmetics or just want to use trifecta mounts it’s not really worth a lot.

To someone who doesn’t care you can’t just say oh well you got $500 dollars of stuff just be happy. Like last time I traveled they messed up my hotel and I paid for an ocean walk out room and they couldn’t honor it. I ended up on the third floor without even an ocean view. Like they tried to give me a bunch of free stuff like massages to make up for it. Which it’s like thanks for trying but I don’t care about any of that. I just wanted to be able to get a nice view on my patio of the ocean. A massage isn’t worth a $100 to me personally but to others it very well could be.

Kind of the same scenario applies here. Like most of us just wanted to participate in the event. For me it’s my personal favorite and I missed over half of it. I’d way rather have the in game items than a bunch of cosmetics. I’d trade the 16k endeavors for another month of eso+ personally.

And I get that but you just can’t make everyone happy. To ask ZOS to basically email everyone affected and ask them what they want for compensation is silly too. For me, if my account was affected, I wouldn’t want boxes or crafting stuff or tickets or anything like that… I’d probably already have enough of the event stuff and crafting, I’m good.

As for ESO Plus, ZOS threw some a bone too. Gina wrote this:
    We’d also like to clarify that some locked accounts with an active ESO Plus membership through our account system did have their subscription renewal automatically cancelled; any time left from a current subscription is still active. Please note you will need to manually re-subscribe once you regain access to your account, should you decide to do so. If your subscription was through another storefront including Steam, Xbox or PlayStation, your subscription and renewal are still running. To make up for any lost subscription time, we will be granting one month of ESO Plus (including the crowns) to active ESO Plus subscribers whose accounts were locked as a result of this issue.

Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Veesk wrote: »

That price point is being estimated for the 16k seals - the value of a radiant apex. The issue with that is if you used that actual money to buy crowns and then crates and say use the gems to buy a radiant apex mount or pull one after spending the money... you have a lot more stuff than just the mount? You have gems if you didn't pull the mount and either way there are a bunch of other cosmetics and items you end up with.

It's not the same. I don't think you can even compare the two like that with all of this in mind.

I mean... I think everyone affected would rather have $500 to $600 given to them because that's clearly worth so much more lol.

I'm not saying any of this to be negative about the compensation though, what they are doing is still really nice.

I was just trying to give some perspective I guess but that’s all I am trying to say is that I believe what they got was pretty nice and that some are still kind of raging out and asking for more. And that makes me feel bad for ZOS, which is kind of hard to say for me lol.

Options
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point ZOS needs to pay for my therapists because I have been seriously depressed without my favorite past time game and guild runs.
    Options
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was just trying to give some perspective I guess but that’s all I am trying to say is that I believe what they got was pretty nice and that some are still kind of raging out and asking for more. And that makes me feel bad for ZOS, which is kind of hard to say for me lol.

Your entire perspective is coming from your misguided view that apparently we're "asking for more". We're not; we're asking for fair compensation. Now, your definition of "fair" may be different, and it's okay to be wrong.

You seem stuck on the 16k Seals of Endeavour; I can assure you that a lot of us would rather have almost everything that has been outlined in my post granted to them without that many Seals. The Seals of Endeavour, after all, do not hold the same value for everyone, and likewise, the participation and rewards from the Event do not hold the same value for everyone either. To try to appease everyone with only Seals of Endeavour and nothing else of value is bound to be unappealing to those who either hold Crown Crate cosmetics at high value and didn't get them or don't care about cosmetics at all and did get them.

The nature of the compensation is wrong. That's what people are frustrated about.

Now, I did just say "nothing else of value" was granted. That's a slight oversimplification, but I can explain.
    • The 5 style pages to be granted is a cool gesture and nothing less when it comes to those style pages is acceptable, but I've already spent the time and effort to acquire those style pages, so ultimately it is of zero value to me. I have every right to consider this compensation "unfair" to players like me, since it devalues the 33+ hours I've spent slaving away at Geysers etc. at them.
    • The 25 Confetti to be granted is also good, and nothing less is acceptable. However, I've already spent 9 Event Tickets on the Confetti instead of other items like the Cake furnishings and the personality fragments; that's already a waste of 9 Event tickets for me. All the Confetti does is give me 6 Event Tickets in value. That's not much at all, especially when we've lost 33 Tickets in the process.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
    Options
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is such a messy situation it's not going to have a clear easy resolution where everyone is happy. Unfortunately. It's honestly really sad how much infighting and bad feelings events around this celebration time have caused.
    Edited by Soraka on 23 April 2024 02:54
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your entire perspective is coming from your misguided view that apparently we're "asking for more". We're not; we're asking for fair compensation. Now, your definition of "fair" may be different, and it's okay to be wrong.

You seem stuck on the 16k Seals of Endeavour; I can assure you that a lot of us would rather have almost everything that has been outlined in my post granted to them without that many Seals. The Seals of Endeavour, after all, do not hold the same value for everyone, and likewise, the participation and rewards from the Event do not hold the same value for everyone either. To try to appease everyone with only Seals of Endeavour and nothing else of value is bound to be unappealing to those who either hold Crown Crate cosmetics at high value and didn't get them or don't care about cosmetics at all and did get them.

The nature of the compensation is wrong. That's what people are frustrated about.

Now, I did just say "nothing else of value" was granted. That's a slight oversimplification, but I can explain.
    • The 5 style pages to be granted is a cool gesture and nothing less when it comes to those style pages is acceptable, but I've already spent the time and effort to acquire those style pages, so ultimately it is of zero value to me. I have every right to consider this compensation "unfair" to players like me, since it devalues the 33+ hours I've spent slaving away at Geysers etc. at them.
    • The 25 Confetti to be granted is also good, and nothing less is acceptable. However, I've already spent 9 Event Tickets on the Confetti instead of other items like the Cake furnishings and the personality fragments; that's already a waste of 9 Event tickets for me. All the Confetti does is give me 6 Event Tickets in value. That's not much at all, especially when we've lost 33 Tickets in the process.

I’m not really stuck on the seals but okay. I’m just saying everyone’s definition of “fair” is going to be different.
    Options
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has played from day 1 on this game; beta-testing and all:

I subbed. Did PTS. Had the Twitch account, Discord, streamed daily, and did pretty much everything within reason just to try to be a "stream team" ESO player.

You know what? It didn't matter because I didn't know the "right" people.

Real life got in the way, so I unsubbed. Haven't done PTS in three years and could care less to. Last year was completely FUBAR for me IRL, so I could give two tin crapolas about the whingers, moaners, and complainers who aren't getting what they think they're entitled to in a friggin' GAME. I worked my buns off just to get the basics, but it didn't matter [Snip]

I play because my husband got me into the game, but he's gone - he was murdered. I claim keeps in Cyro and put his guild name up as a tribute to him. I do the dailies to get the endeavors so I can buy stuff from the crown store that I know he would have liked. I even laugh at some stupid in-game names because he would have done so, if he were still here. The top three that I saw this week were:
    Moon Sugar Daddy
    RockOutWitchaSpockOut
    SaggyCrits

Since I haven't done PTS in a while, I lost nothing in-game. I will gain nothing other than the tickets I get from the extra days of the Jubilee Event.

as4ftf0lh93m.png

[Edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 13:58
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I subbed. Did PTS. Had the Twitch account, Discord, streamed daily, and did pretty much everything within reason just to try to be a "stream team" ESO player.

Real life got in the way, so I unsubbed. Haven't done PTS in three years and could care less to. Last year was completely FUBAR for me IRL, so I could give two tin crapolas about the whingers, moaners, and complainers who aren't getting what they think they're entitled to in a friggin' GAME. I worked my buns off just to get the basics, but it didn't matter [Snip]

I play because my husband got me into the game, but he's gone - he was murdered. I claim keeps in Cyro and put his guild name up as a tribute to him. I do the dailies to get the endeavors so I can buy stuff from the crown store that I know he would have liked. I even laugh at some stupid in-game names because he would have done so, if he were still here. The top three that I saw this week were:
    Moon Sugar Daddy
    RockOutWitchaSpockOut
    SaggyCrits

Since I haven't done PTS in a while, I lost nothing in-game. I will gain nothing other than the tickets I get from the extra days of the Jubilee Event.

as4ftf0lh93m.png

I just want to say I’m sorry to hear about your husband. It’s great that you can play and still connect with him in a way.

Those names are pretty funny too.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 14:31
    Options
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭

Real life got in the way, so I unsubbed. Haven't done PTS in three years and could care less to. Last year was completely FUBAR for me IRL, so I could give two tin crapolas about the whingers, moaners, and complainers who aren't getting what they think they're entitled to in a friggin' GAME. I worked my buns off just to get the basics, but it didn't matter [Snip].

Moon Sugar Daddy
    RockOutWitchaSpockOut
    SaggyCrits

as4ftf0lh93m.png

I just want to say I’m sorry to hear about your husband. It’s great that you can play and still connect with him in a way.

Those names are pretty funny too.

Thank you for showing some compassion...it's a rare thing. And those names are funny - I don't get offended easily, even if others think that I do, LOL :D

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 14:31
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why you guys keep estimating things like 77 or hundreds of purple boxes per character unless every single last one of you has no job and just grinds Craglorn for 8 hours.

That is absolute absurd and in no way realistic.
    Options
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Real life got in the way, so I unsubbed. Haven't done PTS in three years and could care less to. Last year was completely FUBAR for me IRL, so I could give two tin crapolas about the whingers, moaners, and complainers who aren't getting what they think they're entitled to in a friggin' GAME. I worked my buns off just to get the basics, but it didn't matter [Snip].

Moon Sugar Daddy
    RockOutWitchaSpockOut
    SaggyCrits

as4ftf0lh93m.png

I'm sorry for your loss.

While I can understand your point of view, try to understand the affected players' one. People invested a lot of their time and money into the game, only to be unfairly locked out of it for over a week (and counting) during a big milestone event. It doesn't help that, as of today, the best estimate they have about when their accounts will be unlocked is maybe on Thursday. They have a point when they complain the compensation doesn't quite address what they're missing from being unable to play during the event.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 14:32
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Options
  • Goodrods
    Goodrods
    ✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    I don't know why you guys keep estimating things like 77 or hundreds of purple boxes per character unless every single last one of you has no job and just grinds Craglorn for 8 hours.

Simple math skills is HOW. 10 Characters (which is HALF available BTW) doing crafting writs per day is 70 boxes without doing ANYTHING ELSE. So on my account(NA/EU) in crafting alone if busy day I get 69 purple boxes and 1 gold box. In under 30 mins per server.
    Peace
    Options
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, the mathematics for it is quite simple, actually. Quite elementary, if I do say so myself.

See, a lot of players do daily Crafting Writs for these boxes. There are 7 Crafting Writs you can do per day per character (Blacksmithing, Clothier, Woodworking, Jewelry Crafting, Alchemy, Enchanting, and Provisioning). These Writs are presented in the form of daily quests, which as stated in this article written by ZOS themselves, will grant a Gift Box as a reward upon completion.

Many players have been locked out of the game since last Monday, and with a projected end to this lock-out this Thursday (which also happens to be the extended end of this Event), that makes for a total of 11 days being locked out of the game and missing out on these rewards!

7 Crafting Writs per day, per character. For 11 days. In order to find out how many boxes a character misses out on within these 11 days, we just need to find out how many boxes that character misses out on in 1 day, and times that by 11!

Since there are 7 Crafting Writs per day, that equates to 7 Gift Boxes missed per character per day. Multiply that by 11 days, and you get 77 Gift Boxes per character over the course of 11 days!

Just a heads up that in order to play ESO, you must be at least 18 years of age (or have reached the age of majority where you live). But I won't tell! 😉

Edited by HatchetHaro on 23 April 2024 04:40
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, the mathematics for it is quite simple, actually. Quite elementary, if I do say so myself.

See, a lot of players do daily Crafting Writs for these boxes. There are 7 Crafting Writs you can do per day per character (Blacksmithing, Clothier, Woodworking, Jewelry Crafting, Alchemy, Enchanting, and Provisioning). These Writs are presented in the form of daily quests, which as stated in this article written by ZOS themselves, will grant a Gift Box as a reward upon completion.

Many players have been locked out of the game since last Monday, and with a projected end to this lock-out this Thursday (which also happens to be the extended end of this Event), that makes for a total of 11 days being locked out of the game and missing out on these rewards!

7 Crafting Writs per day, per character. For 11 days. In order to find out how many boxes a character misses out on within these 11 days, we just need to find out how many boxes that character misses out on in 1 day, and times that by 11!

Since there are 7 Crafting Writs per day, that equates to 7 Gift Boxes missed per character per day. Multiply that by 11 days, and you get 77 Gift Boxes per character over the course of 11 days!

And really that's a minimum. I've been also doing the IC and Cryo dallies (they are pretty quick) and WB's. I have 8 characters and I know many people have more. It adds up pretty quickly.

PS5/NA
    Options
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How someone who signed up to this forum in 2013 fails to understand that is beyond me.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
    Options
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's entirely realistic and an underestimation of how many is available with minimal grind.

There's 7 daily crafting writs and each rewards you with an event reward box. One character = 7 boxes, ten characters = 70 boxes. PER DAY. No trip to Craglorn required.

I'm on console so unaffected by this debacle and have 18 dedicated crafters which takes around 20 minutes usually to do writs on so I'm not spending hours at it, even without add-ons. My other two characters are mules so have been doing crafting daily for the event which adds another 5 or 6 minutes, but this nets me 140 boxes per day. In half an hour, without leaving Mournhold.

Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, a lot of us are retired, and some actually don't have jobs, play while they work, or make/have enough money of their own or their breadwinner's that they can spend 30 minutes getting 77 boxes with with their 10 crafters. Also, it's entirely possible to work 8 hours, play 8 hours, and sleep 8 hours a day.

So, yes... absolutely and absurdly realistic.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth in addition to some baiting from this thread.
    • Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Buffy121
    Buffy121
    ✭✭✭
    I won't begrudge anything that the people locked out get as compensation. The whole thing just sucks. I'm just glad that I didn't have the time to go on the PTS otherwise I would have been locked out too.

One thing this thread has made me realize though is that I should dig up all antiquities that I want instead of waiting for an endeavor reward for it. I feel sorry for anyone who grinded for a lead only to get locked out and the lead expire before they got back in. Some of these antiquity leads are difficult to get.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    You already got 16k endeavors on top of other compensation. It's no surprise some are asking for even more. :D

I don't give <snip> about the seals. Seals get me flashy gamble crate cosmetics that I have zero interest in, which is why I'm already sitting on over 40K unused seals.

Things that affect actual gameplay, like the crown potions from the daily rewards, the transmute stones from the boxes, the upgrade mats from the boxes, the rare alchemy mats like Dragon Rheum from the boxes... these are the things that actually matter because these are the things that affect actual power and gameplay. And no cosmetic will ever be a substitute for this sort of thing.

It's insulting to suggest that the Flashy Mount of the Quarter can somehow be a suitable substitute for things that have an actual effect on gameplay.

<snipped for Cursing and Profanity>

This is a great and very appropriate perspective. Those are very good points.
    Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the ten days of lost gameplay. Those locked out are already getting 16k seals of endeavor and all the rare replica style pages, as well as all 25 jubilee confetti as compensation. Also those who paid for ESO + are getting subs reimbursed.

Some would say that is adequate compensation for the ten lost days and beyond. Other's (me) might argue that 7 months worth of seals is too much.

However, I do personally think that all daily log in rewards missed should also be reimbursed along with all the new style pages, that would have been available from the golden jubilee boxes or via events tickets through the impresario.

I would also say that giving 7 purple jubilee boxes and 7 crafting writ reward boxes per character per day lost, also seems a fair compensation, as it would be highly likely that locked accounts would have at least managed to obtain these in the normal course of play (I do11 x 7 daily crafting writs on my account per day and it takes me like 30-45 mins tops).

To those who don't want the extra seals of endeavors, perhaps they can approach ZOS and ask for a different form of compensation, such as further jubilee boxes.

Giving out straight rare mats, or any other form of in-game currency would be unfair, because there would be no sure way to prove that locked out players would have gotten these had their accounts not been locked. Giving out further jubilee boxes would be fairer. These would still be subject to the same RNG (as to getting rare mats, ciphers, transmutes, motifs etc.) as would have been present had folks been able to log in and play.

Anything else, such as asking for the new chapter Gold Road to be thrown in, (although I suspect this was a joke) is getting a bit carried away.
    Edited by Shara_Wynn on 23 April 2024 12:47
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do think, at minimum, they should give everyone still affected by this purple boxes equal to the number of days locked out x the number of characters on the account x 7. Sure, some people might not have done writs on all their characters, some might have done other dailies instead, some might have done both but this would probably average out across all the affected players and make a lot of the people more happy than cosmetics.
    Edited by heaven13 on 23 April 2024 12:41
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shara_Wynn wrote: »

Anything else, such as asking for the new chapter Gold Road to be thrown in, (although I suspect this was a joke) is getting a bit carried away.

I don't think they were joking, nor should they be. They got into this mess by logging in to PTS to help test Gold Road. I think that would be entirely appropriate as compensation. Now perhaps it should have been instead of something else but that's another debate.

What they're clearly doing with ALL the compensation is awarding items that can be blanket-distributed to all affected players with ease. Right or wrong, that's why we aren't seeing anything scaled per individual player, because it takes a fraction of the time to fulfill.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
    Options
  • TKo_ROUSE
    TKo_ROUSE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shara_Wynn wrote: »

I would also say that giving 7 purple jubilee boxes and 7 crafting writ reward boxes per character per day lost, also seems a fair compensation, as it would be highly likely that locked accounts would have at least managed to obtain these in the normal course of play (I do11 x 7 daily crafting writs on my account per day and it takes me like 30-45 mins tops).

Don't get me wrong I completely agree they should have done this. And I personally would happily trade my seals away for that amount of purple boxes! Unfortunately no matter what you argue are compensation should be someone seems to fight it.

Like people were raging about the possibility of purple boxes being unfair because what if you awarded more than what they really would have played.

We literally can't win with this compensation unless we get nothing.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TKo_ROUSE wrote: »
    Like people were raging about the possibility of purple boxes being unfair because what if you awarded more than what they really would have played.

Look at the logs and see how many purple boxes they earned during the event before the lockout. And then give them that many. Since they're missing half the event, just copy-paste what they got in the first half.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    9PRc1Xn.png

Out of the 22 event days (21 actual days + 4 hours), that would mark 10 days of missed game time + 4 hours of missing the Event since the rollback time.

This is not funny any more.

The costume? The costume!? That doesn't even come close to scratching the surface of what we deserve for this frankly horrid treatment.

Here's what we'd be missing from the daily rewards alone, assuming that we get unlocked on Thursday:
    • Gold (10,000)
    • Tel Var Stones (2,500)
    • Alliance Points (6,000)
    • Crown Fortifying Meal (8)
    • Crown Tri-Restoration Potion (300)
    • Crown Lethal Poison (300)
    • Alliance Points (4,000)
    • Instant All Research (2)
    • Cumberland Anniversary Attire (costume) (the only thing promised in this post)

Here's what we'd be missing from the Event:
    • 33 Event Tickets
    • 11 Glorious Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes (partially compensated with 5 of these boxes to be granted)
    • at least 77 Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes per character
    • 77 Writ reward containers per character
    • the ability to purchase Anniversary Jubilee Event items from the Impressario with our Event Tickets
    • the ability to slave away 30+ hours trying to grind for the 5 rare Event style pages (made up for in full with all 5 style pages to be granted)

Here's what we'd be missing from the rest of the game:
    • 2030 Seals of Endeavour (including the last weekly, and assuming an average of 160 Seals per day till April 25 since the writing of this post) (made up for in full with the promise of 16,000 Seals of Endeavour to be granted)
    • 10 full days of ESO+ time (if subscribed) (made up for in full with the additional month of ESO+ to be granted)
    • any expired mail containing gold and other rewards
    • any expired antiquity leads
    • 10 days worth of trials practice in our respective core teams (if any)
    • any Trifecta achievements and titles missed due to the lock-out
    • and more.

Hatchet, one question, what with people that went into the PTS just for the sake of going there, not with the will to test anything and provide any feedback at all (there are plenty of those players, even in my guild that just go there to see whetever because they were bored, they didn't like the live event, etc.) and that were not going to participate in the anniversary event do the farming of the style pages, don't care about this and that, don't mind or do endeavors at all, don't care and fail to claim daily rewards, etc.

Is it fair that all those players that stepped in for some short time in the PTS to do nothing there get all the free rewards when they were really not going to obtain them on their own becase of lack of will or interest (regardless being locked out or not)?

Edited by Dragonnord on 23 April 2024 13:36
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
This discussion has been closed.