Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Excuse me?

HatchetHaro
HatchetHaro
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
9PRc1Xn.png

Out of the 22 event days (21 actual days + 4 hours), that would mark 10 days of missed game time + 4 hours of missing the Event since the rollback time.

This is not funny any more.

The costume? The costume!? That doesn't even come close to scratching the surface of what we deserve for this frankly horrid treatment.

Here's what we'd be missing from the daily rewards alone, assuming that we get unlocked on Thursday:
  • Gold (10,000)
  • Tel Var Stones (2,500)
  • Alliance Points (6,000)
  • Crown Fortifying Meal (8)
  • Crown Tri-Restoration Potion (300)
  • Crown Lethal Poison (300)
  • Alliance Points (4,000)
  • Instant All Research (2)
  • Cumberland Anniversary Attire (costume) (the only thing promised in this post)

Here's what we'd be missing from the Event:
  • 33 Event Tickets
  • 11 Glorious Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes (partially compensated with 5 of these boxes to be granted)
  • at least 77 Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes per character
  • 77 Writ reward containers per character
  • the ability to purchase Anniversary Jubilee Event items from the Impressario with our Event Tickets
  • the ability to slave away 30+ hours trying to grind for the 5 rare Event style pages (made up for in full with all 5 style pages to be granted)

Here's what we'd be missing from the rest of the game:
  • 2030 Seals of Endeavour (including the last weekly, and assuming an average of 160 Seals per day till April 25 since the writing of this post) (made up for in full with the promise of 16,000 Seals of Endeavour to be granted)
  • 10 full days of ESO+ time (if subscribed) (made up for in full with the additional month of ESO+ to be granted)
  • any expired mail containing gold and other rewards
  • any expired antiquity leads
  • 10 days worth of trials practice in our respective core teams (if any)
  • any Trifecta achievements and titles missed due to the lock-out
  • and more.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 12:18
Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • CenturionExplorer
    CenturionExplorer
    ✭✭✭
    The event has been extended by two days now. But damn if they don't manage to unlock all accounts before that has passed, they'll still miss the event.
    Why not just take the L and extend the event by a week at this point, and grant them 30-50 purple boxes for the missed days.
    Options
  • eveboufa
    eveboufa
    ✭✭✭
    I’ll take a free copy of gold road for my troubles at this point. That’ll make me feel better when I come out of the zos slammer.

Options
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The event has been extended by two days now. But damn if they don't manage to unlock all accounts before that has passed, they'll still miss the event.
    Why not just take the L and extend the event by a week at this point, and grant them 30-50 purple boxes for the missed days.

30-50 purple boxes isn't even the tip of the iceberg. I have 17 characters, all of which were doing crafting dailies for the boxes. That's 17 (characters) x 7 (writs) x 11 (days) = 1309 purple boxes. 50? That's not even 4% of what I would have gotten.

17 Argonians

Options
  • arctangent
    arctangent
    ✭✭
    There had better be an expensive house or two for those of us suffering because of ZOS's screw-up mess. This is getting ridiculous.
    Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, the compensation NEEDS to be upped now, this is just no fair on us at all ZOS.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
    Options
  • Seyverin
    Seyverin
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah no, I’m getting tired of it, actually considering to quit the game. First it was 2-3 days, then end of the week, then early next week and now, if we are lucky, thursday.
    Options
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You already got 16k endeavors on top of other compensation. It's no surprise some are asking for even more. :D
    Options
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the people who spread lies and misinformation about us being banned for only 2 days, I wish you were right.
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had no interest in the Endeavors, I don't find most of the stuff (mounts included) to be particularly appealing, and have little to no interest interacting with the loot box system. This post is a very accurate assessment of the huge amount of value that we're missing out on that isn't being addressed.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You already got 16k endeavors on top of other compensation. It's no surprise some are asking for even more. :D

I don't give <snip> about the seals. Seals get me flashy gamble crate cosmetics that I have zero interest in, which is why I'm already sitting on over 40K unused seals.

Things that affect actual gameplay, like the crown potions from the daily rewards, the transmute stones from the boxes, the upgrade mats from the boxes, the rare alchemy mats like Dragon Rheum from the boxes... these are the things that actually matter because these are the things that affect actual power and gameplay. And no cosmetic will ever be a substitute for this sort of thing.

It's insulting to suggest that the Flashy Mount of the Quarter can somehow be a suitable substitute for things that have an actual effect on gameplay.

<snipped for Cursing and Profanity>
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 23 April 2024 03:45
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Seals of Endeavour are no replacement for the actual gameplay items of value that we're missing out on right now. It may be so for you, but it absolutely is not for me.

17 Argonians

Options
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd turn down the 16k seals if it meant having my account back already. So what, this is going to be 10+ days of this? Possibly longer. The in-game items I could be earning right now are worth so much more than a shiny cosmetic.
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current compensation would have been "adequate" for the initial 3-5 days. For 10 days? Laughable. They are cosmetics?? We've missed out on thousands of purple boxes. 10 days worth of undaunted keys, 10 days worth of AP, 10 days worth of any event activity. Honestly you need to open up case tickets and give your customers what can be agreed upon is fair on an individual to individual basis. I could have grinded out whatever items I wanted in the game 5x over in 10 days.

We've missed out on a lot. And once again, to HELP TEST YOUR NEW UPDATE.

It's very frustrating. And all we have is a maybe Thursday.
    Options
  • nihonseanb14_ESO
    nihonseanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly at this point I'd prefer to have my remaining subscription time refunded along with my purchase of Gold Road. I have pretty much zero faith in Zenimax at this point. This isn't the first issue they've had with game stability or customer service, it's just the most egregious. And does anyone honestly think this won't be the last?
    Options
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big part of the problem is the uncertainty. The amount of time we have to wait keeps getting pushed back.

No amount of seals makes up for everything I have lost from the boxes or for the time spent out of my groups.

This event is my gold maker and mat restocker for the year. But I spent the first half of it farming the style pages, and lost most of the second half. That's at least a couple thousand boxes lost which would have contained a lot of items to help me progress. Dust. Alchemy mats including dragon's blood and rheum. Gold upgrade mats. Perfect roe. I usually hold rare motifs from this event in storage for six months before selling them for gold. Add in lost chances to buy cheap underpriced mats as well to bulk out what I'm getting by myself.

Meanwhile I can't even give my trial group a date for when I'll be able to play again. I'm on EU so it's just me locked out. There is a very strong chance I am not there when they finally get the trifecta (33 vit today). I won't ask them to go back for me because it feels too selfish. They will be tired and they will want to move on.

The seals are no consolation at all.
    Options
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A server-wide rollback + a few goodies as compensation and all of this could have been solved like a week ago.
    Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alaztor91 wrote: »
    A server-wide rollback + a few goodies as compensation and all of this could have been solved like a week ago.

yep...they should of rolled back the server...and they didnt leaving us in limbo. i just want to play the game......
    Give us clannfear mounts!
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yep (saying as one of those not affected). But there were a lot of people who considered a rollback to the unaffected as "punishment" and unfair. Wonder how many of those same people now consider the compensation unfair?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It’s easy to say this but the fact is that we do not work behind the scenes so we have no idea if this would have been easier. It royally sucks that people are dealing with this, hell my PC has been trashed for 2 or more months meaning I can’t play any sort of game.

Still, it’s easy to say this would have been easier but we just don’t truly know. It could have been massively more complicated going through thousands of more accounts than affected to make sure nothing slipped by.

Options
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭

30-50 purple boxes isn't even the tip of the iceberg. I have 17 characters, all of which were doing crafting dailies for the boxes. That's 17 (characters) x 7 (writs) x 11 (days) = 1309 purple boxes. 50? That's not even 4% of what I would have gotten.

What in the world are you doing with all the motifs? Are you saving the boxes unopened?
    Options
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

It’s easy to say this but the fact is that we do not work behind the scenes so we have no idea if this would have been easier. It royally sucks that people are dealing with this, hell my PC has been trashed for 2 or more months meaning I can’t play any sort of game.

Still, it’s easy to say this would have been easier but we just don’t truly know. It could have been massively more complicated going through thousands of more accounts than affected to make sure nothing slipped by.

Think about it.

Right now, what they're trying to do is quarantine all accounts that have accessed the PTS, and track down all the gold and loot that have been dispersed into the in-game economy from template characters. This task is most likely only doable manually, on a case-by-case basis. As you can see now, the locked-out players are looking at a minimum of 10 days lost.

If they have backups and the ability to copy the PCNA and PCEU database into the PTS, then they have the ability to copy the backup database into the PCNA database. It really is that simple.

They simply chose not to, for two possible reasons:
    1. They didn't want to affect other accounts at all
    2. They wanted to catch the players who "exploited" this database issue and take appropriate disciplinary action

For reason 1, if they rolled everyone back, the max everyone would be rolled back would have been 9 hours, because that is when their last backup was. Yes, 9 hours may be a lot, but not everyone is playing those full 9 hours; if anything, those 9 hours lie squarely in the no-man's land where it's nobody's prime-time on PCNA: NA players are at work, OCE players are asleep, and Asian players mostly got maybe 1-2 hours in before going to bed as well. At that point, just extend the event by 1 day, mass compensate everyone 200 Seals of Endeavour, and run a database audit to grant players any rolled-back style pages.

For reason 2, I don't think those players can fairly be considered "exploiting". Once this issue is found out, many players (especially those who work in the IT sector) reasonably thought that the servers would be rolled back simply due to the scale of this mess-up. At that point, there's no longer any motive or consequence of any malicious or abusive behaviour coming from these templates.

17 Argonians

Options
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dk_dunkirk wrote: »

What in the world are you doing with all the motifs? Are you saving the boxes unopened?

Learning them on my alt characters.

17 Argonians

Options
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Afaik you don't have to go through individual accounts when doing a server-wide rollback, you just rollback the entire server so everyone gets their progress erased, but you do this so that the Live Server doesn't end up with irreversible damage done to it.

If I had to guess why it's taking ZOS so long to address the issue with the individual accounts that are still locked out, it would be because they have to meticulously go through every single one of them and check that nothing from the PTS ends up ''slipping'' into the Live Server.
    Options
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree with all this. 16k endeavors seals seemed like an even trade when we were looking at like 5 days of missing the event. Now we are looking at 11 days minimum. That's 1540 boxes I'm missing out on from my writs that I really like to do on all my characters for these events. That is a CRAZY amount of loot. Plus all the other stuff Hatchet mentioned above.

I think there needs to be a bit more added to the compensation since this has continued to be pushed back. As those above have said, endeavors are not a 1 to 1 trade and are not really worth it to alot of people.

Personally, would love to see a bunch of boxes and transmutes sent to my account on top of the other stuff listed.
    Edited by skinnycheeks on 22 April 2024 22:14
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

I've gotten over 2,500 purple boxes and 100 million+ gold in value from them. I wouldn't trade that for a second for 16k seals, as I already have whatever I need or want from the crown store. But at least ZOS is granting the locked out players the costume that everybody else will be getting anyway. Bummer about the lost AP, tel var, gold, and tri-pots they won't be getting, though. Not to mention the expensive guild trader sales and returns that will be vanishing as expiring mails they can't get to.

Edited by Jaraal on 22 April 2024 22:34
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For reason 2, I don't think those players can fairly be considered "exploiting". Once this issue is found out, many players (especially those who work in the IT sector) reasonably thought that the servers would be rolled back simply due to the scale of this mess-up. At that point, there's no longer any motive or consequence of any malicious or abusive behaviour coming from these templates.

There is no excuse, including this one, for people knowlingly exploiting the game, especially in such a damaging way.
    "I flung billions of gold around the live server because I was totally sure there would be a rollback". No, just no lol

I wasn't affected by the lockout. I felt then, and I do now, that a rollback for all was the least worst choice theoretically. I also am not a coder and especially not a coder working at ZOS, so I don't know how feasible this was or wasn't.

I continue to feel really bad for those that are still locked out for not only enduring that, but all the slings and arrows from people who weren't inconvenienced in any way. The only message to them should be "thanks for (involuntarily) taking one for the team".
    Edited by hiyde on 22 April 2024 22:44
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
    Options
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's hard to properly compensate players for missed purple boxes, since each one earns a different amount. A way around this would be to simply extend the event. Heck, this jubilee is a PR disaster and the mess isn't getting any better with the repeated delays in restoring locked accounts. This could still be turned into less of a mess if the devs just kept the event going for longer (and while they're at it, improve the bloody drop rates for those bloody style pages). And even if they did that, I'm not sure it would still adequately compensate those who have been unfairly locked out of the game for over a week and counting.

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_Kevin , this isn't just any event, but the 10th anniversary jubilee. Many people are deeply unhappy and not only those who were locked out. Please, don't let this milestone be just a collection of bitter memories. Let the locked players try to catch up on the lost time.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know, I'm starting to get to that point where my understanding has its limits.

I get it. This is a huge game and bugs can happen anywhere. When it was "you'll be stuck out for 2-3 days," I was okay with it. I have other games, I can afford to miss some ESO for a bit while they fix the server. But now that we're looking at 10 days minimum (and it definitely won't be Thursday because they're ending the event for PC then, so a downtime will be... controversial), I'm honestly not feeling as sympathetic to ZOS anymore.

I didn't even make it to Live. I checked a few things on PTS on my main, and then I went out to go make a template and the server went out as I was in the character creator. As soon as I heard about the issue, I expected a rollback. I was actually surprised there wasn't - it'd have easily cleaned up all of the billions of currency that was added into the market (and seriously, what idiots are coming over to exploit that in the half hour the server was actually up? It's because of them that this is taking so long to fix!). But when they said the rollback would go back to 9:30 am, that makes me think that the last server snapshot was that old, so it'd be a net 8 hour loss for the whole server. I can understand that fixing just the few accounts that made it onto PTS between 5:45 and 6:15 wouldn't be a huge issue, especially considering that that was right at the start of NA primetime, so there wouldn't have been that many people affected.

But the ETA on us getting back in just keeps getting pushed back...

Honestly, I'm just tired at this point. My guild likes to joke about me being ZOS's unofficial bugtester, but it's exhausting that I keep getting hit with so. many. detrimental. bugs. over the course of my playtime. I remember back when they dropped U31 which ended up deleting the contents of my storage chests (and all of my trial gear) because I deleted a character to remake him. I had to wait for a month or so to get my chests reinstated. I remember the CP bug from U32 that overflowed CP and gave you way too many, so you couldn't use affected characters until that was fixed to avoid an exploit ban. I'm a tank main, so U36 bringing the block bug nuked my ability to do my job in raids for a whole month. And of course U38 and Necrom brought the 'Kill Arcanists' quest that messed up all quest progress across the entire world, and I sat with that for over 6 weeks before it was finally fixed and I was able to play the game again. And now this; I'm locked out for the better part of two weeks and half of the Anniversary event because I went onto PTS to test things.

And I've always supported this game. But I'm starting to feel like an idiot for doing so.

I'm not gonna go crazy about compensation. I farmed all five pages before the lockout and I have a huge stash of Endeavors. Anything they give us will be a bonus. I'm a bit salty about the loss of materials (like all the Columbine I need as a tank main) and definitely those tripots in the daily rewards. But I'll take whatever they're offerring. For me, it's more that I gave my time to the game to play around with PTS to spread the word to my guild and give some feedback on testing (I know I'm the only person who ran the Orsinium questline last cycle and found that U41 introduced a questbreaking bug, which would have been really awkward if it were missed what with all of the Orsinium promotion they did back in March). But the constant delays and everything are really making me feel... I think 'devauled' is too strong a word, so 'forgotten?' 'Taken for granted?'

And beyond that, I'm honestly getting nervous about how Gold Road is going to drop. PTS had this huge issue and didn't open until Tuesday last week, and now there's another issue that's keeping it down until 6pm tomorrow for the second patch. Are we expecting that this instability is going to persist? Should we all just not log into the game on the 3rd of June in principle.
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm never logging into PTS again.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Afaik you don't have to go through individual accounts when doing a server-wide rollback, you just rollback the entire server so everyone gets their progress erased, but you do this so that the Live Server doesn't end up with irreversible damage done to it.

If I had to guess why it's taking ZOS so long to address the issue with the individual accounts that are still locked out, it would be because they have to meticulously go through every single one of them and check that nothing from the PTS ends up ''slipping'' into the Live Server.

You probably don’t have to do that but we also don’t know if a server rollback will introduce other issues. Can we even verify if ZOS tested a server rollback internally and maybe found some huge issues with it? I’m just saying that we don’t work at ZOS or on this game so it’s hard to be 100% sure a rollback would help.

I also think people who were affected got an absolute haul when it comes to compensation and should just be happy with that.

Options
This discussion has been closed.