Dragonnord wrote: »
    TKo_ROUSE wrote: »
    Gorø wrote: »
    [Snip]

[Snip]

[Snip]

I AM NOT AGAINST THE BANNED PLAYERS, have you read my posts?

I even said "I'm glad and happy the players that deserved the rewards got them, I applaud that", I said several times already that I found not fair for other players, players I know WERE NOT going to play Live and do the event, nor farm the style pages nor care for doing endeavors, etc. and that went a minute to the PTS because nothing, because they were bored and did nothing there, they tested nothing, they provided zero feedback and are now celebrating that they got FULL rewards for doing nothing at all, nothing in the PTS and nothing on the Live server.

I'd like to point out they're not being rewarded, they're being compensated. As I explained in another post, a reward is what you get for a service, whereas compensation is meant to make up for loss suffered.

Rewarded, compensated, gifted, call it whatever, my point remains on those players I know that were not doing and did nothing at all, neither on the PTS nor on the Live servers.

As I mentioned, one of them is in one of my guilds and celebrates free stuff for doing nothing on neither of both servers.

While technically it would be the fairest option, I'm not sure individual compensation is feasible here. The best second alternative is one package for everyone affected. Sure, a few people are celebrating free stuff or viewing the package as a reward. However, the reason I made sure to explain it's compensation is there are many people who want to play the game but can't through no fault of their own. It's very important to (try to) make up for their losses, even if, by doing that, a handful of people who couldn't care less also get the goodies.

Words matter and calling it a reward doesn't validate the fact many people have been unfairly locked out of the game for over a week during a big and profitable event.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 13:25
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [Snip]

[Snip]

[Snip]

I even said "I'm glad and happy the players that deserved the rewards got them, I applaud that", I said several times already that I found not fair for other players, players I know WERE NOT going to play Live and do the event, nor farm the style pages nor care for doing endeavors, etc. and that went a minute to the PTS because nothing, because they were bored and did nothing there, they tested nothing, they provided zero feedback and are now celebrating that they got FULL rewards for doing nothing at all, nothing in the PTS and nothing on the Live server.

I'd like to point out they're not being rewarded, they're being compensated. As I explained in another post, a reward is what you get for a service, whereas compensation is meant to make up for loss suffered.

Rewarded, compensated, gifted, call it whatever, my point remains on those players I know that were not doing and did nothing at all, neither on the PTS nor on the Live servers.

As I mentioned, one of them is in one of my guilds and celebrates free stuff for doing nothing on neither of both servers.

Wait. Wait wait wait...

"I know one person who didn't do the event on Live so they're being rewarded so that means that all of the locked accounts were not on Live at all and they're just able to be rewarded." Is that what you're saying?
    Because based on the argument you're making, that's what you're saying.

And as others are pointing out: how would you quantify "doing something worthy"? Do we need to apply to you?

Fine: here's my story. I go on PTS every cycle as soon as it opens. I'm the one in my guild who does all the fashion, and I bring that information to my guild, who mostly stay off the forums. After that, I usually go tinker with the new things and see how they feel. I'm not involved in sweaty theorycrafting, I more stick to casual player experiences.

As I said, I'm the only one who ran Orsinium last cycle. I'm really confident in saying that if it weren't for me, March's Orsinium celebration would have been a super awkward hot mess because nobody knew that the Orsinium MQ was bugged and uncompleteable with U41. ZOS's devs didn't even acknowledge it until I said something about it in the news article promoing the Orsinium rewards.

For this cycle, I spent the whole event leading up to that grinding the style pages. Trueflame dropped on my third hole, so I did get lucky there. I spent the entire weekend and Monday of the 6th-8th doing Vvardenfell WBs and Dolmens while I was working from home to get thosee pages to drop. I started Geysers on the 8th and was on those hard until the 13th when it finally dropped that evening. I took a light day on the 14th since I had really only been farming pages so far, then I was gonna check PTS when it dropped on the 15th and then actually go daily farming for the week starting the 16th and all weekend.

As it is with this compensation, the style pages aren't doing anything for me. I already got them. But I'm not going to complain since I have another streamer friend who only managed to get two to drop before he got locked out. Yes, technically, I'm getting "less" than him because the pages are useless to me. But I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

I just want to get back in and play the game again. I've known people who were temp-banned who weren't even out as long as we have been.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 13:27
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    I don't know why you guys keep estimating things like 77 or hundreds of purple boxes per character unless every single last one of you has no job and just grinds Craglorn for 8 hours.

That is absolute absurd and in no way realistic.

That is not true.

Khajiit does his crafting, TG and DB dailies on all 20 characters every day. That's 140 boxes a day for crafting + 20 for heists + 20 for sacraments. Takes approx 3 hours, and is one of the more enjoyable pursuits this one engages in. Khajiit also always outdamages someone at dolmens, so perhaps another 10 a day for dolmen runs.

If this one had been locked out, that would have been nearly 1k boxes he would miss.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    Options
  • vesperghost
    vesperghost
    ✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »

I said several times already that I found not fair all of them were fully rewarded, players I know WERE NOT going to play Live and do the event, nor farm the style pages nor care for doing endeavors, etc. and that went a minute to the PTS because nothing, because they were bored and did nothing there, they tested nothing, they provided zero feedback and are now celebrating that they got FULL rewards for doing nothing at all, nothing in the PTS and nothing on the Live server.

Whatever their motivation...

- they installed and logged on to PTS as ZOS asked them to do.
    - ZOS still gets useful data and useful hype (well, except maybe this time)
    - they're getting locked out of their account for at least 10 days if not longer.

But setting that aside, how would you right this "wrong"? I'm super curious how ZOS could pull that off if they even wanted to.

Respond this to me please.

Player 1:

1 - Logs in to the PTS, checks, tests, plays, provides feedback (or not) but uses time checking stuff on the PTS.
    2 - Participates on the Anniversary event, farms style pages, do their endeavors, claims their daily rewards, etc.

Player 2:

1 - Logs in to the PTS for 15 mins, remains idle and got kicked for being AFK.
    2 - Dos not participate at all on the Anniversary event bacause they don't care for style pages nor anything, never do the Endavours because don't care neither, etc.

Should Player 1 and Player 2 be FULLY rewarded by ZOS the same way?

I'm a little confused about the intent behind comments like this. do you want ZOS to set up an anonymous informant system where people like you can "rat out" the players you claim are crowing about getting free stuff for doing nothing, ostensibly for the purpose of ZOS then revoking compensation?

do you feel it would be "more fair" for ZOS to renege on the promised compensation for ALL affected players because SOME don't deserve it? do you expect them to go through the individual activity logs for EVERY SINGLE affected player and dole out varying levels of compensation proportionate to some arbitrarily quantified negative impact?

what exactly do you want, here? what do you hope to achieve by commenting in this thread? are we just sharing feelings? in what way should that be considered a constructive and appropriate course of action with regards to the current situation?
    my what
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    how would you have ZOS determine who is worthy and who isn't?

I said how several times already. As I won't respond the same exact thing to every single person that asks the same exact question, please read my responses above. code65536 said how too.

Edited by Dragonnord on 23 April 2024 20:02
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    how would you quantify "doing something worthy"?

Read my last post above.

Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Respond this to me please.

Player 1:

1 - Logs in to the PTS, checks, tests, plays, provides feedback (or not) but uses time checking stuff on the PTS.
    2 - Participates on the Anniversary event, farms style pages, do their endeavors, claims their daily rewards, etc.

Player 2:

1 - Logs in to the PTS for 15 mins, remains idle and got kicked for being AFK.
    2 - Dos not participate at all on the Anniversary event bacause they don't care for style pages nor anything, never do the Endavours because don't care neither, etc.

Should Player 1 and Player 2 be FULLY rewarded by ZOS the same way?

You mean compensated? Sure. Why not? This is recompense for ZOS's mess up, not some kind of merit-based reward, despite that you continue to call it that. The fact that you know someone who seems to have gamed the system only accentuates the mess up ZOS is responsible for here.
    Edited by karthrag_inak on 23 April 2024 20:27
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Snip]

[Snip]

[Snip]

It sounds like you're mad about one particular person. Maybe you should just block them so you don't have to hear them talk about it?

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 13:28
    Options
  • Maxamoo
    Maxamoo
    ✭✭
    Most of the players I know who have been locked out are dedicated players. Many produce content that we all rely on to get information and improve our gameplay. Some make their livelihood streaming ESO regularly. Others run guild events, training runs and other events helpful to the community.

For many, this lock out has been devastating for so many reasons. It would be brighten my day if some would just put the salt shaker down, at least until our accounts are back.

And that would include ZOS, who sent a "Free Gold Road Prologue Quest – Available Now" to my banned account email.
    Edited by Maxamoo on 23 April 2024 20:23
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    [Snip]

[Snip]

[Snip]

It sounds like you're mad about one particular person. Maybe you should just block them so you don't have to hear them talk about it?

Nein, it's just a matter of being fair with the players that really collaborated in the PTS and did their stuff on the Live servers, against players that did nothing at all on neither of both servers.

Compensation shuould have been provided based on activity, participation and actions.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 13:29
    Options
  • vesperghost
    vesperghost
    ✭✭✭
    Maxamoo wrote: »
    For many, this lock out has been devastating for so many reasons. It would be brighten my day if some would just put the salt shaker down, at least until our accounts are back.

And that would include ZOS, who sent a "Free Gold Road Prologue Quest – Available Now" to my banned account email.

yeah I'll admit, this stung a bit when I checked my email today lol. I opened it in a small window too so it cut off right at "road" and I thought "oh are they actually upping the compensation package?". mildly disappointed, to say the least. :D
    my what
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Read my last post above.

Which, as several people have pointed out, 1) does not show the full picture, and 2) will take ages to parse.

So hypothetically, if a content creator went to the Amsterdam event (which is not only a possibility but likely) and was therefore unable to grind the event hard during that time because they were creating content regarding the in-person event, the method of looking at the prior week would show they were 'a freeloader who doesn't play ESO.' Despite 'playing ESO' being their literal job.

What about people who did grind the style pages hard in the first week, so they really didn't go farming boxes because they wanted to get the pages done. And then as soon as they got the pages done, they would obviously no longer grind for the pages, but would do other things? I'm in that boat.

Your entire argument is based on teetering fallacies, mostly involving "I know one person, so I'm just going to assume all people are like that." However, I'm sure that anyone can tell you that we are all different. And I'm sure that any of us will also say that we may change out playstyle from week to week depending on what's going on.

And as to the time spent - how much longer should we be locked out? An audit like that would take ages, so are we supposed to stay locked out until they stop being busy and have time to audit who's "worthy" and who's not? They won't stop being busy until after the Chapter releases, so you think it's acceptable to wait until then? And if that seems too long, how would you propose to minimize the time? Again, this blockout has gone on for 8 days so far, and will continue for at least 3 more.
    And as I've said: I know people who have gotten temp bans for reason that were not blocked from playing this long.

Again, you seem very hung up on the idea that most of the players caught in this "were not playing the game on Live" because you know someone personally. I get that. I (as did everyone who contributed to the PTS last cycle) told ZOS then that the combination of drop rates and bound pages was a recipe for disaster, and I'm sure that it would have made this a lot less antagonistic if they had listened to us then.
    But consider: is it worth it to overcompensate people, or to underdeliver? Especially in light of the fact that the biggest faces of marketing this game are disproportionally affected.

I know that I (and most of the other locked accounts) would rather have been able to play instead of what they're offerring as compensation. Maybe there is a way you could ask support to ban your account and then include you in the rollbacks, so you lose 8 days of account progress and all of the stuff you got since Monday, but then at least you'll be able to get the pages for free.
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly for losing like 2 weeks of game time alone those affected deserve a load of compensation.
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Read my last post above.

Which, as several people have pointed out, 1) does not show the full picture, and 2) will take ages to parse.

So hypothetically, if a content creator went to the Amsterdam event (which is not only a possibility but likely) and was therefore unable to grind the event hard during that time because they were creating content regarding the in-person event, the method of looking at the prior week would show they were 'a freeloader who doesn't play ESO.' Despite 'playing ESO' being their literal job.

What about people who did grind the style pages hard in the first week, so they really didn't go farming boxes because they wanted to get the pages done. And then as soon as they got the pages done, they would obviously no longer grind for the pages, but would do other things? I'm in that boat.

Your entire argument is based on teetering fallacies, mostly involving "I know one person, so I'm just going to assume all people are like that." However, I'm sure that anyone can tell you that we are all different. And I'm sure that any of us will also say that we may change out playstyle from week to week depending on what's going on.

And as to the time spent - how much longer should we be locked out? An audit like that would take ages, so are we supposed to stay locked out until they stop being busy and have time to audit who's "worthy" and who's not? They won't stop being busy until after the Chapter releases, so you think it's acceptable to wait until then? And if that seems too long, how would you propose to minimize the time? Again, this blockout has gone on for 8 days so far, and will continue for at least 3 more.
    And as I've said: I know people who have gotten temp bans for reason that were not blocked from playing this long.

Again, you seem very hung up on the idea that most of the players caught in this "were not playing the game on Live" because you know someone personally. I get that. I (as did everyone who contributed to the PTS last cycle) told ZOS then that the combination of drop rates and bound pages was a recipe for disaster, and I'm sure that it would have made this a lot less antagonistic if they had listened to us then.
    But consider: is it worth it to overcompensate people, or to underdeliver? Especially in light of the fact that the biggest faces of marketing this game are disproportionally affected.

I know that I (and most of the other locked accounts) would rather have been able to play instead of what they're offerring as compensation. Maybe there is a way you could ask support to ban your account and then include you in the rollbacks, so you lose 8 days of account progress and all of the stuff you got since Monday, but then at least you'll be able to get the pages for free.

Whatever dude. It's your opinion and point of view and I have mine, regardless what you think about it.

And those content creators deserver FULL compensation because they do much for the community.

Edited by Dragonnord on 23 April 2024 20:45
    Options
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Snip]

[Snip]

[Snip]

Nein, it's just a matter of being fair with the players that really collaborated in the PTS and did their stuff on the Live servers, against players that did nothing at all on neither of both servers.

Compensation shuould have been provided based on activity, participation and actions.

If you aren't someone who was locked out, why do you care? I was farming boxes for hours a day right up until I got my account locked out. No, I do not care if someone didn't touch the event and had no intention to gets the same compensation (not a reward, different words mean different things). The implication you're giving that it's unfair for both people to get the same compensation in your example relies on it being unfair for the person who farmed the event and gave feedback on the PTS.

Well, as someone who did farm the event and the main reason I didn't give feedback was that I didn't get a chance to (locked out 3 minutes after logging into the PTS), I don't find it unfair at all. It's not a zero sum game like you seem to view it as. They get compensation, I get compensation, and neither of us lose out because of the other, only for ZOS's screw-up.

It's really that simple. It isn't a zero sum game, it isn't "unfair" for me because I'd get the same compensation either way, and there's no sense in stoking resentment between people who were both affected, in some way or another, by ZOS's mess. It doesn't matter if they were affected less than me due to their own personal choices, what matters is that it affected them. Period. This is such a pointless argument to make if you aren't even one of the people locked out, and if you are then I ask what you gain from it.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 13:30
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [Snip]

[Snip]

[Snip]

If you aren't someone who was locked out, why do you care? I was farming boxes for hours a day right up until I got my account locked out. No, I do not care if someone didn't touch the event and had no intention to gets the same compensation (not a reward, different words mean different things). The implication you're giving that it's unfair for both people to get the same compensation in your example relies on it being unfair for the person who farmed the event and gave feedback on the PTS.

Well, as someone who did farm the event and the main reason I didn't give feedback was that I didn't get a chance to (locked out 3 minutes after logging into the PTS), I don't find it unfair at all. It's not a zero sum game like you seem to view it as. They get compensation, I get compensation, and neither of us lose out because of the other, only for ZOS's screw-up.

It's really that simple. It isn't a zero sum game, it isn't "unfair" for me because I'd get the same compensation either way, and there's no sense in stoking resentment between people who were both affected, in some way or another, by ZOS's mess. It doesn't matter if they were affected less than me due to their own personal choices, what matters is that it affected them. Period. This is such a pointless argument to make if you aren't even one of the people locked out, and if you are then I ask what you gain from it.

Why do you care that I care? I didn't know I needed someone's permission to have the feeling of caring for something.

[Edited quote]

Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 13:31
    Options
  • eveboufa
    eveboufa
    ✭✭✭
    onyxorb wrote: »
    I wonder how ZOS is going to make us locked out players NOT be hated by the rest of the players?

If someone is going to let me live rent-free in their head, that’s on them.

Bet you there won’t be any cheese to go with their wine either.

🤣
    Options
  • Anachronian
    Anachronian
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, I'm just hoping that they manage to restore us by Thursday or Friday this week.

I still remember being locked out from RuneScape from something similar from March 4 through April 9.
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By checking the logs of the affected players, just as code65536 stated and suggested in this same thread (you can go a page back and check).

And as I stated in my post that does not matter. There may have been legitimate reasons some players were unable to play live prior to logging into the PTS. Point of the matter is person logged into the PTS = person locked out of their account. They could have logged into the PTS and juggled on top of the wayshrine in Belkarth for all it matters. No matter what they did, they got locked out.

ZoS chose to compensate using cosmetics from the event, because the lockout happened during an event (which makes the sting worse) but even if this happened during a random PTS cycle with no events, I still think anyone locked out of their accounts due to an AVOIDABLE mistake should be compensated for such a momentous screw up.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Snip]

[Snip]

[Snip]

Why do you care that I care?

Because you're speaking on my behalf by advocating for others to get their compensation reduced on the grounds that it "isn't fair," but I think it's perfectly fair and have zero problems with it despite being one of the people it would be hypothetically "unfair" to. I care not truly because you care, but because of your false advocacy for us when the responses here make it clear that we don't agree.

And before you even try to deny it, there are only two logical purposes for your continued advocacy of reducing the compensation for those people in question: Either you are attempting to advocate on behalf of those who participated in the event and got locked out, in which case we evidently don't want you to and do not agree going off the previous posts, or it is an expression of personal envy you're trying to dilute under the guise of advocating for fairness, which I'd rather not assume without admission and so I write under presumption of the former.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 13:33
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And before you even try to deny it, there are only two logical purposes for your continued advocacy of reducing the compensation for those people in question: Either you are attempting to advocate on behalf of those who participated in the event and got locked out, in which case we evidently don't want you to and do not agree going off the previous posts, or it is an expression of personal envy you're trying to dilute under the guise of advocating for fairness, which I'd rather not assume without admission and so I write under presumption of the former.

Wrong, I advocate for no one, it's just my opinion and you should take it or leave it as it is.

And please don't care that much for what I opine or believe is fair or unfair, as I will continue to provide my opinion in these forums, regardless.

Edited by Dragonnord on 23 April 2024 21:08
    Options
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong, I advocate for no one, it's just my opinion and you should take it or leave it as it is.

And please don't care that much for what I opine or believe is fair or unfair, as I will continue to provide my opinion in these forums, regardless.

With that attitude, I'll gladly leave it behind as it should be.
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

With that attitude, I'll gladly leave it behind as it should be.

Same here, since I respect other opinions but clearly that doesn't go both ways.

Options
  • Lillisia
    Lillisia
    ✭✭✭
    Well that escalated quickly :o

The "old style mother" genes in me wants to pull the ... everyone find a corner ,stand face forward with your noses touching the corner seam and stay there until you can play nicely, agree to disagree and talk nicely amongst yourselves card lol

The other solution I can suggest is to avoid allowing the person to get under your skin. simply ignore them. Don't respond back to their posts. In hopes they will find the EXIT sign above the door and let themselves out.

Personally none of what happened on PTS or Live that caused the lock outs affected me.
    I am just happy to see Zos actually compensate those affected.
    It's an improvement upon their past compensations they have given.
    Is it a fair compensation for everyone affected? Maybe, Maybe not.
    Only each person affected knows what is the best compensation for themselves. And that is because everyone plays the game differently.
    I am just an Overlander so what I would have considered the best compensation for me may not have been the best compensation for John Doe because he PvPs and does end game content and doesn't do Overland content.

Is it ok for those affected to voice their opinions on what they think would be the best compensation for them individually? Yes

Will they get it? Probably not, because like others have already said, If Zos tried to compensate each affected person individually it would take way more time than doing it the way they are currently planning on doing it.

Do they deserve more or less? That is not for me to decide.

I grinded my way through the event to get what I wanted. The horse (which I am disappointed with), the True Flame Sword and the Staff of Worms. I also made sure to login every day to claim my Daily Rewards even if I hadn't planned to play that day at all.

Am I jealous because the people who got locked out, who didn't already get theirs, are basically getting theirs for free? (By free I mean by not having to grind endless hours to get it like I had to). No.

Nor am I upset because my neighbor just got the new 2024 John Deere driveable lawnmower and has his lawn mowed in under a half hour. While I am still using a push mower I bought from Walmart for $50 10 years ago, have to take a drink break every 10 minutes to stay hydrated, refill the gas at least twice, and it takes me about 3 hours to mow my lawn.

I do hope someone gets the point I am trying to make here. Have a good day everyone. Practice smiling and showing others love. It will go a long ways.
    Edited by Lillisia on 24 April 2024 05:31
    PC NA. Despite my forum account saying I am new to ESO, I am not. I have been playing since 2015.
    Have a good day everyone. Practice smiling and showing others love. It will go a long ways.
    Options
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only truly fair way to compensate the affected players is to re-enable the Anniversary Jubilee event for 10 days that only they can participate in, along with reimbursing them with the missed daily rewards, Seals of Endeavour, and lost mail.

If they can do that, they'd get rid of 99% of the complaints about the lock-out.

Edited by HatchetHaro on 24 April 2024 08:33
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
    Options
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only truly fair way to compensate the affected players is to re-enable the Anniversary Jubilee event for 10 days that only they can participate in, along with reimbursing them with the missed daily rewards, Seals of Endeavour, and lost mail.

If they can do that, they'd get rid of 99% of the complaints about the lock-out.

That would still not be a compensation for being unable to log into their accounts.
    Also, since it is only a small percentage of the playerbase, farming geysirs etc would probably take a lot longer than surfing with a zerg 24/7.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
    Options
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »

That would still not be a compensation for being unable to log into their accounts.
    Also, since it is only a small percentage of the playerbase, farming geysirs etc would probably take a lot longer than surfing with a zerg 24/7.

That actually crossed my mind after I posted that. You are absolutely correct.

The Event style pages and 16k Seals of Endeavour that are promised must stay.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
    Options
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Snip]

[Snip]

[Snip]

Several people have explained to you why carefully combing through individual playtime wouldn't work or be practical. Zos does not possess a crystal ball. They can look at what people have done in the past but they can't predict how they will behave in the future. The only sensible option is to compensate everyone who was locked out the same.

And as a couple people have said, maybe you should just block the one bad actor. You say that person doesn't bother you, but you've repeatedly brought them up so actions suggest otherwise.

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 24 April 2024 13:37
    Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »

I don't think they do take that much longer with a smaller group tbh, because they scale up like dolmens do dependent on how many players are there.

When I solo them there is hardly any adds and it really doesn't take that much longer than when I'm present at a zerg.
    Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, I'm just hoping that they manage to restore us by Thursday or Friday this week.

I still remember being locked out from RuneScape from something similar from March 4 through April 9.

What compensation did you get for that if you don't mind me asking?

I remember being locked out of quite a few MMORPG's over the years, but that was before loot boxes and the like, and in game purchases, so all they could give you back then was a months free subscription.
    Edited by Shara_Wynn on 24 April 2024 11:50
    Options
This discussion has been closed.