The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

2024 reminder to bring back Dragon's Treasure Trove

• Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player who has those old rewards, yes everything should be available to newer players in some way.

Throw them on the impressario vendor, achievement vendor, writ vendor, infinite archive vendor, Cyrodiil vendor, unlock them with zone completions, or whatever achievements, throw them in the crown store even, exclusivity is overrated and stuff is meant to be able to be used and appreciated by many..

Having old exclusive stuff is really not as big of a flex as some believe it is, same with the incoherent eyesore characters that are just a walking trophy rack of various achievement skins and dyes.

Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player who has those old rewards, yes everything should be available to newer players in some way.

Throw them on the impressario vendor, achievement vendor, writ vendor, infinite archive vendor, Cyrodiil vendor, unlock them with zone completions, or whatever achievements, throw them in the crown store even, exclusivity is overrated and stuff is meant to be able to be used and appreciated by many..

Having old exclusive stuff is really not as big of a flex as some believe it is, same with the incoherent eyesore characters that are just a walking trophy rack of various achievement skins and dyes.

Truly lovely response. Have a great day!

[Yes, I have the trove. I would love for it to be available for everyone - and I actually could use a few more myself, though I think it's listed as "unique".]
    Edited by TaSheen on 22 April 2024 13:42

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilumia wrote: »
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    A beautiful wooden katana-looking sword. I don’t know if I still have mine, I think I might have finally liquidated it to make space 😢

Ahhhh, what sword, is it just a sword or a style-page?
    I didn't play a lot of the tutorials for the dlcs, and now they don't exist. I thought I could just do it some other time when it suited me - shame I took it as content to be enjoyed at my leisure.

Keeping up with eso exclusive stuff is a little stressful in it's own stupid first-world way. But still, it's meant to be a relaxing/fun entertainment/way to pass time.

I got the Elsweyr dragons hoard during the event, but still think others should be able to earn it. Not having access to lots of content just means I can never recommend anyone to start this game at this time.

I also really want the 2016 anniversary cake as I was really sick that year and couldn't play, and also blissfully unaware of an event.

These fomo things are the reason why my husband keeps telling me this game isn't good for me. He's probably right, I should shed the chains and pick up some more useful daily chores.
    Even when I keep up with so many things (some of which I do enjoy), there's still too many things I can't obtain ever, no matter skill or time to play, and it gives me a feeling that it's pointless.

They’re real level 1 swords, I don’t think a motif that matches them exists unfortunately.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah bring it back. It's an amazing furnishing and I love using it in my houses - so yeah would be cool if others also have the chance to get it :)
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too many items (cosmetics and veteran arena weapons) have been devalued in ESO during last few years :/

Only chapter pre-order things and special event rewards (such as this furnishing) remain unique. When I observe those collectibles, it's always pleasant to remember how I got them.
    I still pre-order chapters only for mounts which come from them, not because i personally like them but simply because they do not return afterwards. From the point of rarity, those mounts became new and improved version Radiant Apex mounts!

Almost every thing I was proud of collecting in this game was devalued, so this furnishing is one of rare reminders of good old times...

dSmKsGP.jpg

ESO's content model was always based on special and limited-time items, and I personally got used to it.
    Sure, it's much easier to have different things now, but it takes away most of excitement :'(

I play GW2 which never had any special items (for those years since I started playing, at least). Everyone can have everything after spending some money or time, so getting a Legendary weapon or nice mount skin there is only worth it if you really love the look of it - since every player already has all of that, or is going to have all of that after some time. I got used to this content model there, but not in ESO :(
    Options
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...]

Another game I play with a certain pre-order spaceship, however... No, it's not Scam Citizen either. [...]

Elite: Dangerous' Cobra Mk IV?
    Edited by Highlor3 on 22 April 2024 15:04
    [PC-NA] CP 1400+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Alvyrspic the Remnant, Nord, Arcanist [DC]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Arcanist [AD]
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    Too many items (cosmetics and veteran arena weapons) have been devalued in ESO during last few years :/

Only chapter pre-order things and special event rewards (such as this furnishing) remain unique. When I observe those collectibles, it's always pleasant to remember how I got them.
    I still pre-order chapters only for mounts which come from them, not because i personally like them but simply because they do not return afterwards. From the point of rarity, those mounts became new and improved version Radiant Apex mounts!

Almost every thing I was proud of collecting in this game was devalued, so this furnishing is one of rare reminders of good old times...

dSmKsGP.jpg

ESO's content model was always based on special and limited-time items, and I personally got used to it.
    Sure, it's much easier to have different things now, but it takes away most of excitement :'(

I play GW2 which never had any special items (for those years since I started playing, at least). Everyone can have everything after spending some money or time, so getting a Legendary weapon or nice mount skin there is only worth it if you really love the look of it - since every player already has all of that, or is going to have all of that after some time. I got used to this content model there, but not in ESO :(

I too have this furnishing and others having it would in no way devalue it for me. Similarly, I use what styles and mounts suit my characters, not as some sort of “status”. Several of my characters use a horse that can be purchased with gold from any stable in game. :)

I have several furnishings that mean something extra to me — the Cursed Orb of Meridia that I spent all my gold on at the time because it was that big of a deal to me to defeat that dungeon, the Alinor Ancestral clock that was the first master crafter furnishing plan I got and crafted, had long wanted, and symbolizes a major milestone in my crafting journey. Others having the furnishing does not diminish that.

(Edited for clarity.)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 22 April 2024 21:28
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Highlor3 wrote: »
    [...]

Another game I play with a certain pre-order spaceship, however... No, it's not Scam Citizen either. [...]

This one knows.

Yeah that really is a textbook case of the sheer discourse FOMO actually causes.

Sub-par ship, everyone knows it's a bit naff, and yet, everyone wants it because they can't have it.

It's very much what has turned me against the whole "one time only" thing in games, as it really does bring out the pathetic in a lot of folk when they feel "threatened" that it might lose its status. (In a video game? C'mon folks, do be serious.)

Yes, I have access BTW.
    Edited by CMDR_Un1k0rn on 22 April 2024 18:49
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »
    There are multiple treasure and gold coin mounds in the game
    What else is there besides this one and the one from fencing a million?

There is a crown crate one

Do you know which crates?
    Options
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not put it in a dragon event as a rare reward? I don't see a reason to keep something because of BS FoMo or locked behind a crown store.
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »

dSmKsGP.jpg

It would still have that extra meaning for you even if others were able to get it another way. I have several furnishings that mean something extra to me — the Cursed Orb of Meridia that I spent all my gold on at the time because it was that big of a deal to me to defeat that dungeon, the Alinor Ancestral clock that was the first master crafter furnishing plan I got and crafted, had long wanted, and symbolizes a major milestone in my crafting journey.

Very true, sentimental value doesn't go down simply because something is widely accessible or easily obtainable. Some of my most valued items are random garbage but still special to me because they serve as reminders of parts of my ESO journey.

I made this staff after getting my first 9-trait research completed in 2015, when Glass was the most expensive motif in the game.

glaqkekk7ro4.png

I call this my "Dalek Rock" because of a dumb joke I made about my name with my friends in 2017 and it was featured prominently in all my houses. Boulder, Snowswept Crag.

siegfkcyq570.png

My first target dummy ever is enjoying retirement in their own living space in the lower section of the xanmeer.

m8w138b62wc1.png
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple treasure and gold coin mounds in the game
    What else is there besides this one and the one from fencing a million?

There is a crown crate one

Do you know which crates?

It's not quite the same, but it's "The Pile of Dubious Riches" in the Bandaari Peddlar crates
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...]

This one knows.

Yeah that really is a textbook case of the sheer discourse FOMO actually causes.

Sub-par ship, everyone knows it's a bit naff, and yet, everyone wants it because they can't have it.

It's very much what has turned me against the whole "one time only" thing in games, as it really does bring out the pathetic in a lot of folk when they feel "threatened" that it might lose its status. (In a video game? C'mon folks, do be serious.)

Yes, I have access BTW.

Nice meeting a fellow Commander!
    o7
    The Scientia Consortium:
    Options
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing FOMO/Exclusive Ones & Zeroes lovers in this post, recedes my faith in humanity, by a lot.
    The Scientia Consortium:
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seeing FOMO/Exclusive Ones & Zeroes lovers in this post, recedes my faith in humanity, by a lot.

Yeah, tell me about it.

I'd say more but y'know.

Also, I just noticed we're both in the UESP guild on NA lol
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    Options