The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Templar jabs

• Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s like saying the sky is blue, knowing that water reflects the sky, you would kind of insinuate that water generally appears blue, right?

I'm just popping in to point out that this isn't true, in case kids have science exams after Easter.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kite42 wrote: »
    It’s like saying the sky is blue, knowing that water reflects the sky, you would kind of insinuate that water generally appears blue, right?

I'm just popping in to point out that this isn't true, in case kids have science exams after Easter.

What part isn't? Because it's both true. Water reflects the sky (and surrounding environment, like clouds or mountains), but also water is slightly blue, meaning that it looks clear in small quantities but in large quantities it turns blue. The same way most mirrors (those made of silver) are actually green, but you wouldn't be able to tell unless you put two mirrors parallel to each other and looked into infinity to see the reflections become more and more green the farther you look into the distance. Science is cool!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Fkey wrote: »
    I had no issue with the "animation" of new jabs vs old jabs since the "animation" has nothing to do with the power or lack of power of the skill itself.

The look of something changes -> people scream.
    The skill gets nerfed -> people scream about the look.

That's the thing, I have more issues with the animation than with the power of the skill. Things get buffed and nerfed all the time. You win some, you lose some. But if the animation looks ugly and feels bad to use, that's something that you are stuck with for a long time. So you have to speak up about it. The way it is now, I am not having fun playing Templar.

Not to mention that in this case the animation has everything to do with the lack of power, because the shorter animation allows you to weave more easily, which to the Devs justifies an additional nerf as the damage potential had otherwise gone up. But I liked that I didn't have to weave on Templars. That made things easier and using the skill felt more rewarding. So this change should be reverted in my opinion.

This largely echoes my own sentiments on the matter.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    The new jab animation made me decide to make the class my main. The original animation burned my eyes and wouldn't let me see the combat. I love the actual templar.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    miguelcura wrote: »
    The new jab animation made me decide to make the class my main. The original animation burned my eyes and wouldn't let me see the combat. I love the actual templar.

You should try Acanist when it comes out…
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    You all don't like the feeling of digging ditches while running jabs nowadays?
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bachpain wrote: »

I don't run Jabs anymore. Even if they buff it, the animation is terrible. It doesn't look like you're digging a ditch, it looks like someone doing the robot while holding a broom.
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    merpins wrote: »

I don't run Jabs anymore. Even if they buff it, the animation is terrible. It doesn't look like you're digging a ditch, it looks like someone doing the robot while holding a broom.

Honestly. How hard can it be to not egregiously botch a simple spear thrusting animation? The old one was absolutely fine.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »

Honestly. How hard can it be to not egregiously botch a simple spear thrusting animation? The old one was absolutely fine.

You misspelled "swinging."
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've grown accustomed to the new jabs animation and it's fine. However, since they are able to give us optional animations for teleporting and harvesting, why can't the give us the option to jabs animation and flurry?!? Just add a "skills" submenu and allow us to toggle on or off the new skill animations.

My original post in this thread I mentioned how I'd abandoned Templar and shifted over to Necromancer, however, over the last couple of months I've since returned to Templar (temporarily) until Arcanist comes out. I was loving the Arcanist on PTS, hopefully the newness of the class won't wear out too quickly. If so, I'll return to Templar once again.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Ariordin
    Ariordin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never been able to get used to the new jabs animation.

I'd probably try harder if the Dev's would at least comment on the Jabs and Flurry changes. Their radio silence only makes the situation worse.
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not giving up, just like the grim focus permaglow this needs to be reverted, never got used to the new animation, and that may never be reverted but at least change that motif to something else, using a vampire staff motif is [snip] disrespectful to the templar class.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 25 September 2023 11:07