Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favorite zone? Why?

• Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Wrothgar
    • Rivenspire
    • Stro M’Kai
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Rift.
    Options
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    malabal tor
    idk its not known for its scenery but there are a few places there i enjoy being.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all of the zones, even if I do tend to spend little time in some unless there's an event or endeavor involving them.

As far as how much time I spend in any given zone, I suppose Vvardenfell must be my favorite because all of my characters are parked in Vivec City for daily crafting writs. But I've stopped doing daily crafting writs on everyone except my two mains-- to give me more time to actively play the game-- so there's really no reason I shouldn't move them all back to different zones.

I have a special fondness for Glenumbra and Daggerfall, which is where my PC NA main currently has his dwelling-- not the big manor, although he owns that, too, but the small house in the heart of the crafting and banking district. He might move into the big manor eventually, but for now the small house is all he needs.

My PC EU main's dwelling is in whichever zone he's currently questing in, and for now that's Craglorn. It would be nice if the house were in, or just outside of, Belkarth, but it's not too far of a ride to the nearest wayshrine. Other than Craglorn, he feels at home in the Alik'r Desert and Sentinel.

I'm really loving the High Isle and Amenos zones. This current event is the first time I've spent any appreciable amount of time in them, aside from visiting them briefly to pick up the daily card game challenges. I haven't done any of the zone quests yet (other than the card game questline), because on PC NA I've still got a little bit to wrap up from the Deadlands before I move on to High Isle-- and on PC EU I'm still just a little way into the Craglorn quests, so it's going go be a long time before I get to the High Isle quests. But I love the two islands with their different biomes, as well as all of the overland encounters-- the mini incursions (small vents), the ghost ship that shows up along various parts of the coastline, just to name a couple. The whole zone has a fun vibe to it. And I can even solo at least one of the world bosses, which is always fun for me.

In terms of the other zones, I love the variety of different biomes in the game, so all of the zones are great to run around in.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar and Coldharbour.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auridon, in IMO I think it is the most attractive zone in the game. I always enjoy riding around and taking in the sights.
    Options
  • Kingsindarkness
    Kingsindarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rift....though I have been venturing out in Cyrodil and it's awesome too. Every time I'm there I think about the future I can't wait until the war ends and that area gets to be reclaimed and rebuilt hopefully little by little all the new quests, the new dangers...what will it finally look like when the Imperial city is rebuilt?

It's exciting to just think about it.

Edited by Kingsindarkness on 11 October 2022 18:32
    Options
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell has the best memories
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Isle is probably at the top of the list, but after that it's Craglorn follwed closely by the rest of the DC zones
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar and Summerset
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsweyr. For obvious.
    Wrothgar. For quality.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    Options
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For zone mechanics, I love Hew's Bane; mostly for the interesting city design centered on Thieving (Lantern Guards, hiding Baskets, roof top running and complex building connections). It wasn't really taken far enough, but I think it's the most unique, mechanical zone design we've seen. Tons of room to expand and I really hope we see a mechanically interesting zone design again

For sound design, I love Murkmire. I only recently noticed, but Murkmire has an amazing soundtrack with ambient pan flutes that complement the dreary swamps and tribal aesthetic perfectly.

For shear beauty, it's tough but Summerset and Deadlands are tied. I love the beautiful Summerset cliffs and shores and the Deadlands harsh craggy rocks with lightning storms! I want to give an honorable mention to Elden Root in Grahtwood too. I just love that giant tree!
    Edited by Billium813 on 12 October 2022 20:23
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell. Dark elves all day. My first experience with the series was TES3 and will always have a soft spot for that island.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    autozone
    Options
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire for it's darker theme (visually that is), Northern Elsweyr for its questline
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheGent wrote: »
    I really like Rivenspire right now because of its dark and spooky theme. Same with Western Skyrim. I think it's the Vampires and Blood fiends...

I hate Rivenspire's art and vampiric theme ... but I think it has the best quests in the game.

So I have no one favorite zone.
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    autozone

Get in the zone!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Kessra
    Kessra
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    ..., player versus player gameplay...

I'd call that faction vs. faction gameplay as you can't attack players of your own faction. There are already suggestions to turn Imperial City to a true player vs. player environment and remove those capture points completely.
    Edited by Kessra on 14 October 2022 13:22
    Options