What is your favorite zone? Why?

TheGent
TheGent
✭✭✭
I really like Rivenspire right now because of its dark and spooky theme. Same with Western Skyrim. I think it's the Vampires and Blood fiends...
ESO: @The.Gent
I really need a questing friend. Playing solo is lonely and boring (i am in multiple guilds too)

• endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stormhold its nice and quiet, no sweaties posturing 😆. Just the occasional painful cry from someone doing the shadowfen lead farm 🙁
    Options
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of beauty and incredible work of art by ZOS team:

Elsweyr (north and south),
    Summerset,
    Cyrodiil -- huge region and kinda wasted in just PvP stuff. It deserved more lore content.
    High Isle -- not as good as Elsweyr but very nice work

In terms of lore (main story line and secondary quests):

Elsweyr (again)
    Rivenspire (mainly because of Count Verandis Ravenwatch quest lines)
    ESO main quest (Varen Aquilarius quest) -- totally underappreciated by many players.
    Murmike
    Summerset/Psijic Order quest line
    Options
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any zone where you can walk from A to B in a straight line without bumping into a mountain and having to figure out how to get to B.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    Any zone where you can walk from A to B in a straight line without bumping into a mountain and having to figure out how to get to B.

So none of them, right?

Well maybe Norg-Tzel.
    Options
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar. Still the best zone story so far. Unique environment/mobs. Maelstrom Arena.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me its a tie between Craglorn and the Goldcoast. I really love the vibe, look, and geography of both areas.
    Options
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwood. No guards at the crafting area so all my criminals can do their dailies in peace.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
    Options
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell! Beautifully and carefully done, very detailed and immersive. I love the fauna, flora and architecture.
    Edited by Oakenaxe on 5 August 2022 18:42
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar/Orsinium.

Why? Best story line. Best music. Best scenarios/landscapes.

dumbledore-always.gif
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a ranked #1 favorite, but i'd have to seperate things into 2 categories of ESO exclusive zones and zones from old TES games because I realize the nostalgia clouds my judgement hard.

I like The Reach, Blackwood, Gold Coast and Western Skyrim from the old games.

From ESO itself, I like Alinor, Craglorn, and Southern Elsweyr.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO-Cyrodill-Map.jpg

open world, no timer, player versus player gameplay...
    Edited by geonsocal on 5 August 2022 18:12
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep Cyrodiil. Enormous, great landscape, great views, interesting locales, interesting NPCs, not crammed full of wildlife or NPCs always bugging you to do their quest.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Love this thread. Thanks for spinning it up. Mine is Morrowind. But that's definitely nostalgia based as my first Elder Scrolls game was TES III. Revisiting the zone in ESO was a treat for me.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil, it is dangerous. Aside from danger, it's huge and I have been all over it, exploring every nook and cranny.

Did you know that there is a hole in the ground that when you drop into it you will ...?
    Have you entered a whirlpool in Cyrodiil?

My favorite dlc is Imperial City for the same reason, it's dangerous.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Love this thread. Thanks for spinning it up. Mine is Morrowind. But that's definitely nostalgia based as my first Elder Scrolls game was TES III. Revisiting the zone in ESO was a treat for me.

Mine was Daggerfall. ESO's Daggerfall city is nothing like Daggerfall's Daggerfall city though. Not even close really.

Morrowind is pretty close to original Morrowind though which is great because it retained that alien vibe.
    Options
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    I really like western skyrim. Temperate evergreen forests with bear and elk feel like home to me, and that's what covers much of the zone. It also has the nostalgic element going for it, due to how many hours I've spent playing Skyrim.

Artaeum is probably my second favorite. It's beautiful and a very relaxing zone to gather resources and fish. My favorite zones and cities vary depending on what I'm working on at the time, though.
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's such a treat of zone, I really like the NE corner in particular. How strong was nostalgia in Blackwood for you, given that Leyawiin was in TESIV?

Overall, Summerset still takes the cake for me. Just as a total zone, it's perfect. Visually, High Isle is getting up there me, probably below Vvardenfell as #2.
    Edited by Destai on 5 August 2022 19:11
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auridon. The architecture, landscapes, music, relaxing feel, beautiful beaches. This is where my elf goes if we are feeling down on the game some. She rides her precious mare at a walk along the beach on the northwest coast. Simply magical. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You make me feel old....LOL - I was already done with 8 years Army when Arena was still a thing, and Daggerfall didn't exist yet......

As for region, it is the Alik'r ...... I wish it was bigger - I like the vast open
    Now, if you enlarged it, added more lost ruins and places, yeah, I'd probably not leave

Auldwulfe
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, a major part of the attraction of ESO is the fact that no particular zone stands out as my favourite. The game world is hugely varied, despite the protestations of those few who claim that "this zone is a re-jig of that zone" etc, something we hear with every new content release. For me, they all have their own unique feel and they appeal in different ways and often at different times depending on which character I'm playing and on what it's doing.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Auldwulfe wrote: »

You make me feel old....LOL - I was already done with 8 years Army when Arena was still a thing, and Daggerfall didn't exist yet......

As for region, it is the Alik'r ...... I wish it was bigger - I like the vast open
    Now, if you enlarged it, added more lost ruins and places, yeah, I'd probably not leave

Auldwulfe

Want to feel even older, I think I was like 12 or 13 when I played Morrowind for the first time. And that was like with the first 6 months of it's release. LOL

And thank you for your service!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like Artaeum (sp?). It's quiet. It's beautiful. I can farm mats with no bots, ever. The fishing is peaceful. I like the delve with its hoarder wall of wardrobes.

It's where I go at the end of my playing day to just chill. If I could I would love a house there. What fun that would be to decorate!

Artaeum is definitely my favorite, but oddly since they are about 180 out from each other I also really like the Deadlands...
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar (Orsinium) is still my favourite.
    Options
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

Want to feel even older, I think I was like 12 or 13 when I played Morrowind for the first time. And that was like with the first 6 months of it's release. LOL

I will say, though, having been in the First Desert War --- Alik'r needs more bones .... they do tend to be everywhere in the desert ... especially along roads.
    And the hissing of the sand -- you have a great effect with the sand and dust blowing, but a lot of time, the only sounds are the wind, and the sand sliding as the wind blows it .......

Heat shimmer, in the day would be awesome, too .... and as I have seen fog and mist in some areas and dungeons, I would hope a heat shimmer could work ....
    Oddly, I may be Mohican, and raised in Central NY with the Adirondack forests, and all the rivers and waterfalls ...... but the desert was a place that I came to really enjoy.

Then again, the Army did send me to a very large number of countries .... in Murkmire, and the swampy areas of Blackwood -- anytime you stop for more than 30 seconds, you should have a cloud of insects coalesce on you, and your character has to start waving their arms around to disperse them........

Auldwulfe
    Edited by Auldwulfe on 5 August 2022 20:02
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Auldwulfe

I played TES from Arena onwards, and when Morrowind came out I played it from release in 2002 - when I was 52. Since then I've played every TES game including ESO since launch, although I now play ESO less with fewer active accounts and content purchases since the introduction of AwA.
    Options
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    My answer is always Western Skyrim, it has the most beautiful environment, and my main home, the Antiquarian Alpine Gallery is there.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm old myself - I was in my early 40s when Arena released, and at that point I'd been playing CRPGs since the mid 80s....

Fav zones: High Isle, equal with Elsweyr (N and S) and Blackwood - because High Isle is somewhere we've never been before in Tamriel over all the games, it's beautiful, and if I can get past Jakarn I'll probably really enjoy the quest line; Elsweyr because I've always loved the Khajiit and seeing the other fur-stocks was so cool; Blackwood because I've loved Leyawiin since Oblivion (I just wished they'd written in Mazoga's many times great-grandma!)

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deshaan and the Rift. They're like the NE USA of Tamriel, and it just feels like home. For the climate and the attitudes.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vvardenfell because mushrooms

Craglorn because it reminds me of when questing was engaging
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Elswehrs, Summerset, High Isle, and...Cyrodil. I do love that there are different terrains, atmospheres, and landscapes in the whole world, but probably lava, swamp and Daedric places are my least favorites.
    Options