Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favorite zone? Why?

• Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rivenspire, still the best story to date.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on whether it's from a visual point of view, or a story point of view; on the whole I'd have to say I really liked Summerset and CWC. Followed by Auridon and Elsweyr. Story-wise I also liked Rivenspire, the Reach, and Murkmire. Visually-wise I also liked Blackreach, and Fargrave. However, I think lately I think if I had to pick one zone purely based on aesthetics it'd be Arkthzand Caverns.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I'm old myself - I was in my early 40s when Arena released, and at that point I'd been playing CRPGs since the mid 80s....

Fav zones: High Isle, equal with Elsweyr (N and S) and Blackwood - because High Isle is somewhere we've never been before in Tamriel over all the games, it's beautiful, and if I can get past Jakarn I'll probably really enjoy the quest line; Elsweyr because I've always loved the Khajiit and seeing the other fur-stocks was so cool; Blackwood because I've loved Leyawiin since Oblivion (I just wished they'd written in Mazoga's many times great-grandma!)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles to get past his "Hey, good looking".
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I'm old myself - I was in my early 40s when Arena released, and at that point I'd been playing CRPGs since the mid 80s....

Fav zones: High Isle, equal with Elsweyr (N and S) and Blackwood - because High Isle is somewhere we've never been before in Tamriel over all the games, it's beautiful, and if I can get past Jakarn I'll probably really enjoy the quest line; Elsweyr because I've always loved the Khajiit and seeing the other fur-stocks was so cool; Blackwood because I've loved Leyawiin since Oblivion (I just wished they'd written in Mazoga's many times great-grandma!)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles to get past his "Hey, good looking".

Oh heck no! I've several friends both male and female who make "gag me" motions when he comes up!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

I suffer through it in silence, since I cannot change it ...

It does get, insufferably, old, though.

Auldwulfe
    Options
  • TheGent
    TheGent
    ✭✭✭
    WOW! Alot of great responses i wasn't expecting this much activity. I recently went to Vvardenfell to complete the Judge quest to get the special Outfit, and then it clicked this is the starting zone for Morrowind the game! It looks great! I Can't wait to go there for Cadwell Gold.
    ESO: @The.Gent
    I really need a questing friend. Playing solo is lonely and boring (i am in multiple guilds too)

Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell is an old chapter zone, so not part of Cadwell's silver/gold. :)

@topic: Vvardenfell, for nostalgic TES3 reasons, and because of its alienness. It feels like home. :D
    Stonefalls comes close sometimes, as ESO's downsized rip-off of Vvardenfell.

Second place goes to Northern Elsweyr. The nature in that place is quite spectacular. The desert cliffs and arid places on one side, and then you can feel the humid heat on that path through the southern forest.
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked bloodmoon's zone, hopefully we get the rest of morrowind on eso.

I also like breton related zones, so i wouldn't mind playing the new zone dlc that will release for bretons, but tbh that depends on how bad the next update eso is, because i might do a pause to draw a bit
    Edited by francesinhalover on 6 August 2022 13:04
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auridon.

I just spent so many countless hours there making, remaking toons character wipe after character wipe in the preclosed beta when it was the only zone that it is more like “home” to me than any other place, in any game that has ever existed.
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the zones are so beautiful, but my favorite is easily Murkmire. The visual and musical ambience is so so good. I'm biased because I love argonians but even looking past my biased I think it's an amazing zone. I just love the vibe.

In terms of objective best I think Northern Elsweyr has the best environmental design of all the zones so far. It's incredible. The ambient music is sometimes too epic for ambience music which is annoying otherwise it would top Murkmire for me personally.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Western Skyrim:
    Big area with beautiful BlackReach landscape. Nice public dungeon.
    Various type of many world boss. And I love TES5.

2. SummerSet:
    Bright impression landscape with tropical beautiful ocean.

3. ClockWork CIty:
    Simply, I'm science fiction maniac.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    Options
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial city/Imperial sewers.
    I'm move of a PvP'er but the PvPvE isn't a terrible idea. I like roaming the sewers and fighting players and then getting chased by flag bosses while fighting players or being up in the city and aggroing boss to make it fight other enemy players if I'm severely outnumbered.

The terrain, bosses/mechanics and everything makes for a really interesting PVP experience cyrodiil pales in comparison to, and it's instance based so the fights are a lot more compact and easier to find because it's not massive like Cyro is.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
    Options
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Auldwulfe wrote: »
    Love this thread. Thanks for spinning it up. Mine is Morrowind. But that's definitely nostalgia based as my first Elder Scrolls game was TES III. Revisiting the zone in ESO was a treat for me.

You make me feel old....LOL - I was already done with 8 years Army when Arena was still a thing, and Daggerfall didn't exist yet......

As for region, it is the Alik'r ...... I wish it was bigger - I like the vast open
    Now, if you enlarged it, added more lost ruins and places, yeah, I'd probably not leave

Auldwulfe

Want to feel even older, I think I was like 12 or 13 when I played Morrowind for the first time. And that was like with the first 6 months of it's release. LOL

And thank you for your service!

Jeesh, thanks for making me feel even older, I was 17 or 18 when Morrowind came out. I guess I should next firmly request people to vacate my lawn!

Vvardenfell is probably my favorite zone. It feels cozy and interesting, homely yet exotic. My biggest criticism of it is that there's not more to explore, because the zone is just that wonderful. Honorable mentions to Artaeum, which is where my main is moving when he retires, Murkmire, which feels strange and dangerous as Black Marsh should be, and Blackreach Greymoor Caverns, which are even more breathtaking than the caves from TES5.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Options
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a fondness for Auridon. When I started playing I spent a lot of time there, exploring, learning how to play, and people watching. I don't get there very often anymore but when I do it makes me happy.
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably Murkmire as I'm a huge Argonian fan and I love exploring the zone despite how small it is. I love a lot of the base zones like Stonefalls, Stros M'Kai, Khenarthi's Roost, and Auridon. Easily the most replayed zones for me.

I'm one of the few who actually want more swamp zones lol.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
    Options
  • sorcmag01
    sorcmag01
    ✭✭✭
    I think Vvardenfell is my favorite. In my younger days, I enjoyed hiking areas with mountains, and streams. It's landscape reminds me when I was a young mate.
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset for its beauty and detail.
    Morrowind for ES3 nostalgia
    Glenumbra because it was the first zone I played through completely, back in the beginning when we were locked into an alliance and the main story (and the other DC zones were too highly leveled).
    Options
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldwulfe wrote: »
    Love this thread. Thanks for spinning it up. Mine is Morrowind. But that's definitely nostalgia based as my first Elder Scrolls game was TES III. Revisiting the zone in ESO was a treat for me.

You make me feel old....LOL - I was already done with 8 years Army when Arena was still a thing, and Daggerfall didn't exist yet......

As for region, it is the Alik'r ...... I wish it was bigger - I like the vast open
    Now, if you enlarged it, added more lost ruins and places, yeah, I'd probably not leave

Auldwulfe

Want to feel even older, I think I was like 12 or 13 when I played Morrowind for the first time. And that was like with the first 6 months of it's release. LOL

And thank you for your service!

Jeesh, thanks for making me feel even older, I was 17 or 18 when Morrowind came out. I guess I should next firmly request people to vacate my lawn!

Vvardenfell is probably my favorite zone. It feels cozy and interesting, homely yet exotic. My biggest criticism of it is that there's not more to explore, because the zone is just that wonderful. Honorable mentions to Artaeum, which is where my main is moving when he retires, Murkmire, which feels strange and dangerous as Black Marsh should be, and Blackreach Greymoor Caverns, which are even more breathtaking than the caves from TES5.

Nah, you are good - I was over 30 when Morrowind came out .......

Auldwulfe
    Options
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold Coast, because i love Dark Brotherhood.
    Options
  • nb_rich
    nb_rich
    ✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr definitely my favorite. The trailer for this expansion is what got me into Eso in the first place. I also do my crafting dailies here all the time since I feel like it has the easiest zone to navigate through when going to crafting station, respec area (attributes, morphs), bank, and upgrading mount. Not sure if any other zone is this easy to navigate.
    nb_rich
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Iliac Bay, Stros M’kai, Vvardenfell, Gold Coast, Cyrodiil/IC for nostalgic reasons - Summerset and High Isle because of their vacation vibes.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the *idea* of Bangkorai- seeing this part of High Rock is the actual reason I joined up to ESO back in 2014, as silly a reason it might seem. The first thing I did when I got my first character to Daggerfall was to trek all the way there... and get slaughtered by Reachmen. Juuuust like in Skyrim. Its my main character's "theoretical" home. Be really cool to have some actual reasons to be there, though- some nice(r) houses and such.

But real talk, it hasn't aged well, is all jumbled up and doesn't look like the maps suggest it should. So while I wait with baited breath for a remake of the zone that's not likely to happen any time soon (or possibly ever), let's go with:

Rivenspire: I particularly love the megaliths and standing stones in Westmark Moor. It feels like an ancient northern landscape, and I love that.

Craglorn (particularly upper Craglorn). I love the mountain passes with the Nedic towers above them.

Wrothgar. I love those massive, huge conifers, whatever they are meant to be. And the snowy landscapes. I love the micro-easter-island-style orcish stone figures you can see here and there. I love the mountain pass down from Friendship gate to the coastal plain. It feels like a real place. I love that they managed to take the idea of a traditional, northern snowy landscape and make it feel quite distinct and unique from Skyrim. Having said that...

Western Skyrim. Coz snowy landscapes are beautiful. And nostaligia, of course. Also The Reach. For nostalgia. And the Karth River Valley is just really cool.

I agree with everyone else about Elsweyr, too. It was just so well-done. The landscapes are beautiful, and the architecture is really special. I'm always looking for a reason to be there.

Options
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fargrave - I love desert landscapes, and I love the Fargrave architecture, and I love the idea how all these different people who got stranded in Fragrave made their home between the literal bones of an ancient giant race. The questline was lovely too and so is Arox. <3

Elsweyr for all the reasons people already stated.

Options
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭

Question: whats the ZOS teams current feel on a telvanni peninsula expansion? There was a really detailed thread some time ago proposing it as the setting for a chapter expansion themed around a third Akaviri invssion with some really good ideas.
    Options
  • harvey07
    harvey07
    ✭✭✭
    Rivenspire is my all time favorite zone.
    Options
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Greenshade - clever use of spinner and some competent NPC (Indaenir), wide green plains.
    2. Rivenspire - Ravenwatch quest line
    Craglorn - nice music them, If we could leave Little Leaf alive :'( .
    Options
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi's Roost. The first zone I ever set foot in after the original tutorial, and it still feels unique after all these years. Revisiting is like the ESO equivalent of coming home.

Auridon and Coldharbour are right after and tied for second.
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the important thing is that my character can travel from the desert to the frozen wastes, just by using a wayshrine. If I get bored with one kind of scenery, I just go somewhere completely different. And all without having to transition between all the intermediate kinds. Mountain peaks to beach in a couple of steps, and without the catastrophic fall damage!
    Options
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    Hew's Bane
    Options
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm nostalgia ZOne in Vvardenfell.

But the zone to just wander around and appreciate for uhhhh HOURS on end,....more hours than i should just admit to strolling around in a game....Arkthzand Caverns. Its just....beautiful. I have always loved Blackreach in Elder Scrolls; running across Blackreach caverns in ESO was a cheering moment for me. It is great but somehow missing an ethereal feel that I find in Arkthzand caverns. I really do spend a lot of time wandering there just looking at STUFF

It is sad to me that we dont have a house there. I want a house there!!! I know we have one in Blackreach; but its in the red vampire area and looks all vampirey.....so not a fan of that house. A Dwemer ruin in Arkthzand would be my dream home.

I recently just finished a house meant to look like it could have been found in a tucked away corner of one of these glowy happy caverns; I wish we had those mushroom trees though.....but, I think I did ok with the housing limitations. It is my current homebase!
    Options