Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Overland Content Feedback Thread

• Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Actually. Nev'mind. I'll either dieal with whatever happens, or I won't.

I hope you don't have to. I hope that we find a solution that allows everyone who is happy to keep what they want, and add to it something that allows those not happy to get what they want.
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but is there an issue with the Gorne PD boss Stupulag? It seems that the AOE range is ridiculously large, to the point that you can get instantly killed by it even when nowhere near the boss fight. I have farming acorns the last few days and it has hit me while fighting every one of the set of mobs surrounding the area, through the buildings, and then tonight it has actually managed to kill me while I am up the steps and around the corner heading towards the group boss area.

I wasn't involved in the boss fight and saw no AOE on the floor. I wasn't fighting the mobs at the top of the stairs as they had already been cleared so it wasn't those I died to. Just insta-dead for no reason other than the boss fight AOE spreading far and wide.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LouisaB75 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but is there an issue with the Gorne PD boss Stupulag? It seems that the AOE range is ridiculously large, to the point that you can get instantly killed by it even when nowhere near the boss fight. I have farming acorns the last few days and it has hit me while fighting every one of the set of mobs surrounding the area, through the buildings, and then tonight it has actually managed to kill me while I am up the steps and around the corner heading towards the group boss area.

I wasn't involved in the boss fight and saw no AOE on the floor. I wasn't fighting the mobs at the top of the stairs as they had already been cleared so it wasn't those I died to. Just insta-dead for no reason other than the boss fight AOE spreading far and wide.

You should probably post this as a new discussion in General, as this thread is about the hardware refresh.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    You should probably post this as a new discussion in General, as this thread is about the hardware refresh.

This thread is about anything related to overland content.
    PCNA
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is about anything related to overland content.

Oops you're right. I got my threads mixed up. My bad.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LouisaB75 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but is there an issue with the Gorne PD boss Stupulag? It seems that the AOE range is ridiculously large, to the point that you can get instantly killed by it even when nowhere near the boss fight.

I've gotten hit by him too, when I was nowhere near him.
    Edited by SilverBride on 17 August 2023 03:56
    PCNA
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just dropping in to remind everyone that SSG did exactly what I've been asking for in The Lord of the Rings Online by adding a difficulty scaling mechanic into their game and it made dozens of questing zones that were no longer fun or viable for veteran players extremely enjoyable and active.

Meanwhile I haven't touched The Elder Scrolls Online since a five minute login sometime last year. Guess which game is getting my money for the time being.
    https://youtu.be/o4HuOi01x-Y
    ESO has the full spectrum of combat difficulty, from AFK-easy overland to the most challenging arenas and vet trials, and they need all of it to appeal to the full spectrum of players' desires for combat difficulty.

Highly-skilled players asking for an across-the-board buff of overland difficulty is no different than other players calling for nerfs to high-difficulty content. You're wanting to ruin someone else's experience to satisfy your desires, when ZOS has already provided you with content that meets your combat challenge needs, which is just selfish.
    If I'm expected to isolate myself in instanced content because the rest of the content is unbearable to play, why would I play the game at all? Why would I buy an expansion for $40 when the only content 'intended for someone like me' is a trial and a couple world bosses? I think I speak for everyone frustrated with the lack of overland questing difficulty in this game when I say that is a ridiculous value proposition and I'm not spending a dime on it.

Also who is asking for an across-the-board buff to overland difficulty??? All I've ever seen in this thread over the years is people advocating for separate sharding or a difficulty slider/debuff memento.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just dropping in to remind everyone that SSG did exactly what I've been asking for in The Lord of the Rings Online by adding a difficulty scaling mechanic into their game and it made dozens of questing zones that were no longer fun or viable for veteran players extremely enjoyable and active.

Meanwhile I haven't touched The Elder Scrolls Online since a five minute login sometime last year. Guess which game is getting my money for the time being.
    ESO has the full spectrum of combat difficulty, from AFK-easy overland to the most challenging arenas and vet trials, and they need all of it to appeal to the full spectrum of players' desires for combat difficulty.

Highly-skilled players asking for an across-the-board buff of overland difficulty is no different than other players calling for nerfs to high-difficulty content. You're wanting to ruin someone else's experience to satisfy your desires, when ZOS has already provided you with content that meets your combat challenge needs, which is just selfish.
    If I'm expected to isolate myself in instanced content because the rest of the content is unbearable to play, why would I play the game at all? Why would I buy an expansion for $40 when the only content 'intended for someone like me' is a trial and a couple world bosses? I think I speak for everyone frustrated with the lack of overland questing difficulty in this game when I say that is a ridiculous value proposition and I'm not spending a dime on it.

Also who is asking for an across-the-board buff to overland difficulty??? All I've ever seen in this thread over the years is people advocating for separate sharding or a difficulty slider/debuff memento.

To be fair, there have been a few proposals of some kind of across the board difficulty increase. One of the more recent ones was focused around high CP players. That being said, those asking for some kind of across the board increase are in the minority.

I could not agree more with your assessment of the situation. While I still actively play, and will likely do so for a very long time to come, I love your question. Why should I have to isolate myself from certain content anytime I want a harder difficulty? And if the difficulty increase is implemented in such a way (like dedicating some of the instances they already create for the game to a harder difficulty) then why should anyone have a problem with it?

Thank you for your wonderful insights @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think ima copy your signature.

I've not played in a few months. I only played for like 2 months earlier this year and got bored fast. I was watching someone I know do the blackwood questline, and there was a puzzle door. You had to rotate 3 pillars with runes above them or something to get past. The questing is so ridiculously easy that when you've got the correct rune, you can no longer rotate the pillars. Even the puzzles have a lack of difficulty.

I tried doing high isle questline, but it got really boring, really fast. The bosses the quests threw at me were a joke. I remember one that summoned tigers and all I had to do was spam jabs and occasionally break free, from what I can remember. I don't wanna sit in my corner doing the same dungeons and Trials over and over, then pay money for the next chapter release for trials. Right now, for me, ESO+ is a glorified storage buff with some new dungeons, because the zones and questing is pretty pointless for me, as it's just not fun.

Shame to see after a few months nothing has really changed, but nice to see other new people in the thread saying overland is easy. Shame a lot of their input is drowned by the same posters on this thread from years ago.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing which decreases the difficulty for many players, is add-ons. Some players use so many add-ons, that the game becomes too easy as they are always told which skill to press and when, are told when buffs expire and when to renew, have the combat process practically automated, have side processes automated(potions/repairing/etc), get told when to dodge/block without having to look at the effects themselves, equip the most optimal set-up for each different situation, etc. Before looking at overland difficulty, add-ons may need a closer look as well.
    Tornaad wrote: »
    @Hurbster posted a link to a video in a thread that got closed for what Lord of the Rings did relating to addressing the desire for harder overland difficulty. I think it has promise and could very much fit into an expansion to the Undaunted.
    Here is the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4HuOi01x-Y
    Having watched the video I can say two things: If difficult overland ever becomes a thing, it should NEVER come with extra rewards and experience(overland can only be done once). And two, I honestly do not want ZOS to waste resources on making each enemy have xx different difficulty levels. Creating this many difficulty levels for each different enemy, would be a huge timesink and costsink. I'd rather ZOS puts their time and money into new content, new systems, and more QoL features to expand the game. And again, overland can only be done once, so wasting many resources on difficult overland is a huge waste of those resources. (Note: Have you seen that player in combat, all he did was run around/kite a mob to kill it, just seems tedious not difficult)

Unrelated to the above quote:
    Most players who feel overland is too easy, are practically never playing in overland or not killing anything they encounter. While I am always found in overland, and have 100% completed 200+ zones(not counting trainee islands which I have also completed for 100%).

I am one of those players who has to deal with the many mob trains other players pull into my AOE's in overland/delves/public dungeons, maybe once everyone actually kills every mob they aggro, only then could overland difficulty maybe become a thing. With how the current aggro system works, making overland more difficult would only affect those who actually play/kill in overland. (Please add a pull/stuck ability to all enemies, like townguards have. This would force players to kill what they aggro.)

PS: On this forum, could we please get a way to find our own replies in a topic? Exactly like how we find ZOS comments. This would be very helpful!
    Edited by Sarannah on 24 August 2023 18:42
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Another thing which decreases the difficulty for many players, is add-ons. Some players use so many add-ons, that the game becomes too easy as they are always told which skill to press and when, are told when buffs expire and when to renew, have the combat process practically automated, have side processes automated(potions/repairing/etc), get told when to dodge/block without having to look at the effects themselves, equip the most optimal set-up for each different situation, etc. Before looking at overland difficulty, add-ons may need a closer look as well.
    @Hurbster posted a link to a video in a thread that got closed for what Lord of the Rings did relating to addressing the desire for harder overland difficulty. I think it has promise and could very much fit into an expansion to the Undaunted.
    Here is the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4HuOi01x-Y
    Having watched the video I can say two things: If difficult overland ever becomes a thing, it should NEVER come with extra rewards and experience(overland can only be done once). And two, I honestly do not want ZOS to waste resources on making each enemy have xx different difficulty levels. Creating this many difficulty levels for each different enemy, would be a huge timesink and costsink. I'd rather ZOS puts their time and money into new content, new systems, and more QoL features to expand the game. And again, overland can only be done once, so wasting many resources on difficult overland is a huge waste of those resources. (Note: Have you seen that player in combat, all he did was run around/kite a mob to kill it, just seems tedious not difficult)

Unrelated to the above quote:
    Most players who feel overland is too easy, are practically never playing in overland or not killing anything they encounter. While I am always found in overland, and have 100% completed 200+ zones(not counting trainee islands which I have also completed for 100%).

I am one of those players who has to deal with the many mob trains other players pull into my AOE's in overland/delves/public dungeons, maybe once everyone actually kills every mob they aggro, only then could overland difficulty maybe become a thing. With how the current aggro system works, making overland more difficult would only affect those who actually play/kill in overland. (Please add a pull/stuck ability to all enemies, like townguards have. This would force players to kill what they aggro.)

PS: On this forum, could we please get a way to find our own replies in a topic? Exactly like how we find ZOS comments. This would be very helpful!

While for me, I really do not care if a harder overland comes with extra rewards, I really do not see what the problem would be.
    For the most part, those asking for harder overland are all willing to have or flat out want, it implemented in such a way that does not impact those who love things the way it is. It is quite possible that whatever reward that might be implemented would be something like better gear, which would really not impact the casual player base. That being said, even if it is some kind of collectable, why should those who want a harder difficulty, not also get to unlock new collectables along with it? Why should they not get rewards for being able to do something? There are rewards for almost everything else in the game? Why single out this idea?

Should there be rewards? Why not?
    What should they be?
    That is a whole different story, that I would love to see a discussion on.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are rewards for almost everything else in the game? Why single out this idea?

Story Quests aren't repeatable.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    There are rewards for almost everything else in the game? Why single out this idea?

As of now. Also just one one character.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they are. I have completed every quest in the game multiple times. Eventually, I will complete every quest in the game 7 times. And when they release a new class, that number will increase to 8.

No, I don't get achievements for completing them multiple times, but I can still collect the quest rewards multiple times.
    Additionally, when they (hopefully) implement a harder difficulty level, they can add additional achievements for certain tasks just like they do for Vet Hard Mode Dungeons. What those will be, I really don't know or care. There are some people who do and will care. For many, the idea of the harder content is enough.

Additionally, why should it matter if there are rewards built into harder overland content? We are not asking for the questing system to be changed. In most cases, we are not even asking for the reward structure to change. Chances are, when they (hopefully) implement a harder overland difficulty, it will have certain achievements built into it and those achievements will have rewards built into them as well. Why shouldn't there be? Wouldn't that be discriminatory to have the harder difficulty be the one area of the whole game that does not have some kind of reward or achievement attached to it?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they are. I have completed every quest in the game multiple times.

That's on multiple characters, not on one character. They aren't repeatable on the same character. All other rewards can be completed on the same character without having to make a new one regardless of which mode was completed first.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's on multiple characters, not on one character. They aren't repeatable on the same character. All other rewards can be completed on the same character without having to make a new one regardless of which mode was completed first.

And no one is asking for the ability to repeat quests. We just want the option to have harder overland difficulty.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And no one is asking for the ability to repeat quests. We just want the option to have harder overland difficulty.

I support that, as I have said before, I'd support a debuff slider ala LOTRO. Just explaining why the rewards shouldn't be cosmetics imo. I'd be in favor of something like better quality gear though. Stuff like gold jewelry, increased gold gain, transmutes, etc too. Anything you could also source elsewhere
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 25 August 2023 15:41
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I support that, as I have said before, I'd support a debuff slider ala LOTRO. Just explaining why the rewards shouldn't be cosmetics imo. I'd be in favor of something like better quality gear though. Stuff like gold jewelry, increased gold gain, transmutes, etc too. Anything you could also source elsewhere

I'm game for that. I would even be happy with getting blue, purple, or even gold quality gear if you go to a high enough difficulty.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm game for that. I would even be happy with getting blue, purple, or even gold quality gear if you go to a high enough difficulty.

Same here. I also think increased gold would be a must have since otherwise you'd lose coin.

I should add I do think a slider offers a bit more flexibility in terms of rewards. Because you could have kill x number of enemies while under the effects of the slider get some rewards, which would reward using it as a difficulty option without tying those rewards to quests. The inability to repeat quests is really the only reward problem imo.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 25 August 2023 16:01
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Increasing gold gains along the difficulty would bump the in game gold inflation further
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foxtrot39 wrote: »
    Increasing gold gains along the difficulty would bump the in game gold inflation further

But not doing anything will continue to result in the game bleading skilled players who find other games to get a challenge from.
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But not doing anything will continue to result in the game bleading skilled players who find other games to get a challenge from.

Those players are gone already. If the thing that’s threatening to make you leave the game is a more difficult overland, then you’ve probably left already. Skilled players are getting their challenge from dungeons and trials, not overland. How difficult would you need to make overland to be “challenging” to these players anyway?

If you raise the difficulty floor for everyone, you run the risk of alienating newer players which, like it or not, are incredibly important to the long term health of the game. You also have to resolve what happens with a shared overland when players on two different difficulties play together. You cannot instance overland without decimating the player population. So if it is shared, how is xp doled out? How are rewards given? If the player on the easier difficulty kills a world boss, does the player playing on the harder difficulty get credit for it? These are not simple problems to solve and all of the folks asking for this as though it is as simple as flipping a switch have not actually taken the time to critically think and understand the challenges that come along with it.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I consider myself a skilled player. I gear all my characters and set up builds so they perform well in veteran dungeons, and have begun to delve into veteran group arenas. The only thing I don't do is trials, not because of the difficulty but because of having to commit to a schedule and the time involved. Those are where I get my challenges.

I love overland and the laid back no stress questing experience. Making it more difficult would make me leave rather than the other way round.

Having easy leveling zones and challenging dungeons and raids has been the norm in MMO's for a very long time. This is the only game where I have seen anyone ask to change that.
    Edited by SilverBride on 25 August 2023 21:44
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It wouldn't.

I'm going to use made up numbers to simplify the idea.

I can kill 10 mobs each minute in normal mode and receive 100 gold. But in vet, the mobs are twice as hard to kill. So, now I can kill 5 mobs each minute in vet mode and receive 50 gold.

100 gold per minute > 50 gold per minute.

I am now essentially paying to use the vet mode.

However if the mobs had a 2x gold gain modifier because they took longer to kill. Then I'd kill 5 mobs each minute in vet mode and receive 100 gold.

100 gold per minute = 100 per gold per minute.

Now there is zero change to the amount I am receiving. And I make the same coin as everyone else. That would only be fair.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 25 August 2023 23:22
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also have to resolve what happens with a shared overland when players on two different difficulties play together. You cannot instance overland without decimating the player population. So if it is shared, how is xp doled out? How are rewards given? If the player on the easier difficulty kills a world boss, does the player playing on the harder difficulty get credit for it? These are not simple problems to solve and all of the folks asking for this as though it is as simple as flipping a switch have not actually taken the time to critically think and understand the challenges that come along with it.

The loot remains shared under the same rules as they are now, as does the exp. The game already has exp boosters. Players already have different levels of power. A level 1 doesn't have the same power as a CP 3000. If they both kill the dolmen, they both get exp and loot.

A shared instance with a difficulty slider wouldn't change the world boss. It would change the damage dealt/received by the player. No different than people having different resistances on the map now.

LOTRO already implemented a debuff slider with success.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 25 August 2023 23:36
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also have to resolve what happens with a shared overland when players on two different difficulties play together. You cannot instance overland without decimating the player population. So if it is shared, how is xp doled out? How are rewards given? If the player on the easier difficulty kills a world boss, does the player playing on the harder difficulty get credit for it? These are not simple problems to solve and all of the folks asking for this as though it is as simple as flipping a switch have not actually taken the time to critically think and understand the challenges that come along with it.

The loot remains shared under the same rules as they are now, as does the exp. The game already has exp boosters. Players already have different levels of power. A level 1 doesn't have the same power as a CP 3000. If they both kill the dolmen, they both get exp and loot.

A shared instance with a difficulty slider wouldn't change the world boss. It would change the damage dealt/received by the player. No different than people having different resistances on the map now.

LOTRO already implemented a debuff slider with success.

So your proposal is to have the player on the "hard" overland get the "hard" xp reward even if a player or players next to them on normal mode killed the boss? You do understand how that could be exploited yes?

In your dolmen example, they are both gaining the same xp and same rewards for the same activity. If you are proposing that "hard" overland grant the same xp and rewards as normal overland, then why even bother with it?

The point is not that it cannot be done, the point is that it is not as simple as adding a "hard" overland difficulty. There are a lot of questions around how do you implement selectable difficulties while also maintaining a shared sandbox with proper xp and rewards that is not exploitable.

LOTRO is not ESO. There's been a lot of "well, that game did it, so ESO can do it" on this forum lately from people who do not seem to understand that games that run on completely different engines and rule sets are... different. What can be done on one, cannot necessarily be done easily on another. It would require a lot of work to core functionality in the game, and may simply prove to be more effort than it is worth.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of doing it would be that it was more of a challenge.

They already have shown that can have permanent individual buffs, and permanent zone specific debuffs (Cyrodiil). It's not a matter of can zos takes more damage and deals less damage.

• tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not anymore, with the account wide achievement there were introduced a few ones that are definitely not completable on a single character (class related achievement) and pvp alliance related, the latter ones are rather hard, time consuming and reward unique and goodlooking facemarkings with glowing eyes.
    Having easy leveling zones and challenging dungeons and raids has been the norm in MMO's for a very long time. This is the only game where I have seen anyone ask to change that.

Literally every MMO i played have part of their playerbase dissatisfied with easy, bland and streamlined experience for overland content, all complains you see there you would see on all other gaming forums. It's rather the problem with the whole genre which seek to milk new players rather than coming up with something to engage them in the long term.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Those players are gone already. If the thing that’s threatening to make you leave the game is a more difficult overland, then you’ve probably left already. Skilled players are getting their challenge from dungeons and trials, not overland. How difficult would you need to make overland to be “challenging” to these players anyway?

If you raise the difficulty floor for everyone, you run the risk of alienating newer players which, like it or not, are incredibly important to the long term health of the game. You also have to resolve what happens with a shared overland when players on two different difficulties play together. You cannot instance overland without decimating the player population. So if it is shared, how is xp doled out? How are rewards given? If the player on the easier difficulty kills a world boss, does the player playing on the harder difficulty get credit for it? These are not simple problems to solve and all of the folks asking for this as though it is as simple as flipping a switch have not actually taken the time to critically think and understand the challenges that come along with it.

Yes, a completely seperate veteran overland would be much easier to do, as the technical prerequisites are already in place.

Zos, just ignore the few doomsayers, which feel affected while they aren't and implement it. Nothing more to say about that.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I consider myself a skilled player. I gear all my characters and set up builds so they perform well in veteran dungeons, and have begun to delve into veteran group arenas. The only thing I don't do is trials, not because of the difficulty but because of having to commit to a schedule and the time involved. Those are where I get my challenges.

I love overland and the laid back no stress questing experience. Making it more difficult would make me leave rather than the other way round.

Remember, we are not proposing an across the board increase to overland difficulty. We are only looking at possible suggestions that will leave the experience you currently have intact and unchanged. The one most recently proposed by me, is the idea of using the technology they have for creating different instances of the game to dedicate towards a harder difficulty. In this case, to access those separate instances, you would have to do something in game, whether it be adjust a menu setting, or talk to an NPC, that is a whole different story that has yet to be discussed.

In our last conversation, I committed to stop viewing us as being on different sides of this discussion. As part of that, I also committed to stand against any proposal that will change the current experience for people like yourself. And technically even for me. There are times, I want the feeling of being able to go through overland content like a hot knife through melted butter and there are times when I want to struggle against impossible odds. Right now when I do my favorite activity in the game, the only option I have is the hot knife through melted butter ... at least if I am not doing something like artificially creating my own difficulty settings, which is awkward at best.