Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Overland Content Feedback Thread

• Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of us don't see struggling, especially with overland trash mobs, as fun.

Again: not a single person I've seen is asking for a difficulty increase for every player.

Every request I've seen is for an option to increase difficulty. If you don't want to struggle with mobs, you don't have to.

Yes some are.

Giving players the option is simply the best result.
    A potion of enlightenment to remove the buff pre-level 50 is ideal. Players who don't take it are not enlightened so they still have that low level buff.
    If adding the "enlightened" status to a player messes up too many things because they poorly coded the way "enlightened" works and it's tied in to too many things, then just make it a potion that removes every buff currently applied.
    The function for potions already exist and buffs and debuffs already exist. Just how much more difficult can it possibly be? It's not. Time consuming? Just how much time does it take to implement that?
    Edited by Vhozek on 28 June 2023 20:46
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vhozek wrote: »

Again: not a single person I've seen is asking for a difficulty increase for every player.

Every request I've seen is for an option to increase difficulty. If you don't want to struggle with mobs, you don't have to.

Yes some are.

A potion of enlightenment to remove the buff pre-level 50 is ideal. Players who don't take it are not enlightened so they still have that low level buff.
    If adding the "enlightened" status to a player messes up too many things because they poorly coded the way "enlightened" works and it's tied in to too many things, then just make it a potion that removes every buff currently applied.
    The function for potions already exist and buffs and debuffs already exist. Just how much more difficult can it possibly be? It's not. Time consuming? Just how much time does it take to implement that?

This a probably a better option than a slider or toggle, as the devs have said that adding one of those is a ton of work and would take valuable developer resources away from content with much broader appeal.
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes some are.

I wouldn't neccesarily call that first part, a means to only remove the pre-level 50 buff, ideal. I can imagine that quite a few players that think Overland is too easy are playing with leveled characters.

A potion, food or drink that nerfs players (significantly) in some way could work however, I suppose, and might indeed be the simplest solution.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with modifying damage or hitpoints is it would do very little to change the nature of the encounters.

You'd still be up against at most 3 opponents at a time that spread out as the fight progresses. They're often conveniently grouped together at the start of the fight. Then either the ranged npc withdraw to distance, or the melee npc move towards you. Either way the fight becomes harder the more time you take.

I know this seems an overly elaborate consideration, but that's only because the mobs are so weak. If you make them stronger, this does become a compounding issue: it makes fights a little harder for combat focused players and a lot
    harder for non-combat focused ones. That's obviously a worst of both worlds situation.

So no, it's not that simple at all.
    Edited by Muizer on 29 June 2023 10:13
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »

And most of us wouldn't start struggling because of a slight improvement of difficulty. Nobody is suggesting to make all zones a vma scorerun.

Exactly. It's not as if we want it to be a Dark Souls clone. A difficulty slider or potion would be great.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I WANT TO ZERO SUM THIS LOW LEVEL EXPERIENCE IS SO BORING
  • SacredNym
    SacredNym
    ✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »

And most of us wouldn't start struggling because of a slight improvement of difficulty. Nobody is suggesting to make all zones a vma scorerun.

Exactly. It's not as if we want it to be a Dark Souls clone. A difficulty slider or potion would be great.

Yeah, I just want Skyrim on Adept. The current game makes Skyrim on Novice look like Dark Souls.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SacredNym wrote: »
    The_Lex wrote: »

Yeah, I just want Skyrim on Adept. The current game makes Skyrim on Novice look like Dark Souls.

ESO is on freaking TGM in the console command and the HP bar is animated to go down so it looks like you're taking damage.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that being said, we do recognize a lot of people want increased overland difficulty and the new world events (Bastion Nymics) that are instanced for up to 4 players in Necrom is one of our answers to that.

We asked for increased overland difficulty... But ZOS gave us Bastion Nymics that are instanced for up to 4 players... ZOS is gonna do whatever they want to do and then tell us it's exactly what we asked for... :trollface:

There is already an optional difficulty selector within the group menu in-game, but it only affects instances like group dungeons, trials and arenas...
    4e8oNeT.png

Just make a difficulty selector for overland content and scale our characters in overland content based on the difficulty that we selected for overland content...
    FZ0kcI5.png

That is what people are asking for -- an optional difficulty selector for overland content. Nobody asked for more instanced group content that doesn't even have matchmaking...

Edited by N00BxV1 on 9 July 2023 17:13
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bears, Sabre Cats, Giants, Dremora, Daedroths, Trolls, etc. are supposed to be tough fights - they've always been tough in Elder Scrolls games and there's oodles and oodles of in-game text supporting this.

Yet, for a lot of players, these "dangerous enemies" die in a cool 3 seconds. It just makes things feel bland, underwhelming, and unrewarding.

Like, I get that your everyday mobs are just fodder - that's the point of them. But if I hear an adventurer/quest giver lamenting their defeat at the hands of an ancient Daedroth inside a delve, and said Daedroth dies from a gust of wind, I leave feeling unfulfilled.

in real life bears and sabre cats etc. can rip a man to shreds, but it only takes one shot of a man's rifle to drop them. Why should this be any different?

Because this isn't real life. It's a video game.

Exactly. And in this video game I am a hero who should be able to kill trash mobs with ease.

One of the biggest themes of ESO and Elder Scrolls games in general is promise of being able to play the way you want. I don't want anything to change for you. You have what you want and are happy with it. I want the option to have the experience of an uphill battle where I truly feel that I'm rising above the odds. I want to have the option on one toon to mop through the endless hordes like a hot knife through melted butter and on the next to have to struggle for a week to be able to finally take down the boss at the end. I want the option to have bosses that that actually feel like bosses.
    I'm not too concerned about how they accomplish it, just as long as you get to keep what you want.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    We asked for increased overland difficulty... But ZOS gave us Bastion Nymics that are instanced for up to 4 players... ZOS is gonna do whatever they want to do and then tell us it's exactly what we asked for...

ZOS makes their own ideas based off feedback rather than use ideas from players. It's why players need to continue to post what they want and do not want to see as they come up with ideas based on feedback.

It's a shame in this specific case, imo, because a difficulty slider is already literally successfully implemented not only in another MMO but their own single player games. It also allows for their stated goal of not separating players.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I would love for the opportunity to have a challenge while questing (which is by far my favorite activity in ESO) I have figured out a few workable alternatives.
    Create your own hard mode for overland content. This can be done in a few ways and are all easier thanks to the armory.
    1. Create an alternate version of your build that simply does not have any champion points selected
    2. Equip non-set basic level 1 gear on your character
    3. Do not spend any Skill points on passive skills.

Just using the basic level 1 gear alone for me is enough to create a happy level of a challenge.
    A possibility I thought of for how to implement it in game is to implement a new Undaunted challenge where you get a spell placed on your character that makes things harder. You could even be given a reusable scroll that lets you instantly renew the effect.
    The only downside is when someone else comes along and easily destroys the monster you are struggling against. But that is not that big of deal to me.

Another solution I have come up with, is just to expect questing to be super easy mode and use other content to fill my need for a challenge. Often times that is trying to solo group arenas or dungeons. I have not tried soloing trials yet, but from what I understand about their mechanics, that might not be possible for many of them.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real issue back in the day was the stupid range of melee mobs destroying casuals trying to run away, it wasn't the difficulty itself. The more I look into this game the more it pisses me off.

Jump to 16:02

https://youtu.be/d0k8_XOHJfM
    Edited by Vhozek on 11 July 2023 08:14
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real issue back in the day was the stupid range of melee mobs destroying casuals trying to run away, it wasn't the difficulty itself. The more I look into this game the more it pisses me off.

1. That (based on the claim the title makes) is alpha footage. There are bound to be bugs.
    2. I seriously doubt that it was the mele range of the wolves that killed him.

From what I can see, it looks like bleeding damage combined with a minor bit of fall damage that was likely poorly tuned at the time is what seems to have been what killed him.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tornaad wrote: »

1. That (based on the claim the title makes) is alpha footage. There are bound to be bugs.

From what I can see, it looks like bleeding damage combined with a minor bit of fall damage that was likely poorly tuned at the time is what seems to have been what killed him.

There's no way that was fall damage, even in alpha.
  • martygod12
    martygod12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came back to ESO after like three years. Saw this sticky topic and was super excited, that maybe something will finally be done about the biggest issue I had with this game back then ...

Then I saw, that the original post is from 2021 lol ... so nothing is gonna change ever
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no way that was fall damage, even in alpha.

The video was uploaded May 3, 2014 (as in less than a month after release). Whether it was actually alpha footage or not, either way, it still is extremely early footage and still looks like a minor bit of fall damage along with bleeding damage is what did the guy in.
    And given how the damage flash happened right as he stepped off the rock, it was likely just a poorly tuned fall damage system either for a recently released video game, or a game in alpha. However, given the description of video claims that at that time, 1 month after the public release of the game, that you could follow what is likely a virus filled link to download the "beta luncher" to play a game that was supposedly "not Playable without Beta Key, but for preload the Client" the whole thing could have been a carefully built scam to get people to follow what is likely a malicious link to get a beta version of lunch.

At a bare minimum, I would use a more recent video to judge the game off of. I would recommend that you just ignore that scam of a video that is made by someone who named themselves DerTroll.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    martygod12 wrote: »
    Came back to ESO after like three years. Saw this sticky topic and was super excited, that maybe something will finally be done about the biggest issue I had with this game back then ...

Then I saw, that the original post is from 2021 lol ... so nothing is gonna change ever

Most likely, the number of people on both sides of this with rather charged feelings leaves the developers understandably wanting to step rather cautiously.
    Edited by Tornaad on 12 July 2023 16:35
  • Damico
    Damico
    ✭✭✭
    Removing gear and turning off CP for increased difficulty is not a viable solution. Set bonus debuffs are also not ideal. A lot of the fun comes from creating a unique or themed character and that includes the sets and items you choose to put together.

Things I would love to have while questing in overland:
    1. All CP and set bonuses to keep a sense of character progression.
    2. I want to make use of all the games combat mechanics for smart gameplay where failing to do so has consequences, not dead in one hit consequences, but I should absolutely know when I've made a mistake. I want to feel like a badass during proper combat flow with mistakes reinforcing proper play, not one shotting bosses in an anticlimactic fashion. Combat outside of bosses should also be engaging of course.
    3. Difficulty scaling should not be linear, story bosses feeling like world bosses is a good spot, world bosses feeling like raid bosses may be too extreme. Perhaps make world bosses scale to nearby player count up to that of raid bosses.
    4. I don't want extra rewards, but I do want rewards balanced around the additional time to kill for the median player so the players time isn't being wasted.
    5. I want all this in a separate instance from those who chose to stay in an unmodified overland, which should remain the default. I don't want someone coming over and one shotting my fights, this leads to the same problem. This would also make the reward difference exploitable. I understand that I may run into fewer players, that is fine.

All of this would also make "veteran overland" an excellent co-op experience. I've tried to introduce multiple people to the game and it never really sticks because the only thing they could do in a group at the time were dungeons and we all know how dungeons typically go when we're looking for transmutation crystals. Endless 2 player dungeons don't instill enough intrinsic motivation for me or my play group. More difficult, instanced overland content is nice, but does not help make older story and quest content relevant to those looking for a challenging adventure.

• Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damico wrote: »
    Removing gear and turning off CP for increased difficulty is not a viable solution. Set bonus debuffs are also not ideal. A lot of the fun comes from creating a unique or themed character and that includes the sets and items you choose to put together.

Things I would love to have while questing in overland:
    1. All CP and set bonuses to keep a sense of character progression.
    2. I want to make use of all the games combat mechanics for smart gameplay where failing to do so has consequences, not dead in one hit consequences, but I should absolutely know when I've made a mistake. I want to feel like a badass during proper combat flow with mistakes reinforcing proper play, not one shotting bosses in an anticlimactic fashion. Combat outside of bosses should also be engaging of course.
    3. Difficulty scaling should not be linear, story bosses feeling like world bosses is a good spot, world bosses feeling like raid bosses may be too extreme. Perhaps make world bosses scale to nearby player count up to that of raid bosses.
    4. I don't want extra rewards, but I do want rewards balanced around the additional time to kill for the median player so the players time isn't being wasted.
    5. I want all this in a separate instance from those who chose to stay in an unmodified overland, which should remain the default. I don't want someone coming over and one shotting my fights, this leads to the same problem. This would also make the reward difference exploitable. I understand that I may run into fewer players, that is fine.

All of this would also make "veteran overland" an excellent co-op experience. I've tried to introduce multiple people to the game and it never really sticks because the only thing they could do in a group at the time were dungeons and we all know how dungeons typically go when we're looking for transmutation crystals. Endless 2 player dungeons don't instill enough intrinsic motivation for me or my play group. More difficult, instanced overland content is nice, but does not help make older story and quest content relevant to those looking for a challenging adventure.

I agree that it is not an ideal solution. It's just something I have control over.
    However, what I like to do is construct level 1 gear because then I can still customize my look.
  • martygod12
    martygod12
    ✭✭✭✭

Most likely, the number of people on both sides of this with rather charged feelings leaves the developers understandably wanting to step rather cautiously.

Really dont understand what the big problem is. Just make two instances of the zone. One with normal difficulty which will be same as it is now and one "hard/veteran" one with increased difficulty. Bam both sides are happy and everyone can play the way they prefers it, and switch it up as they likes.

I myself know I would definitely use both types for example. Normal for when I harvest nodes, doing excavations etc. And really dont want to waste time with every mob I come across.

And when I have my questing mode on, I would switch to vet for some Challenge. Not necesarily every mob must be a death thread, but at least the Story bosses should last more then three seconds in the fight lol
    Edited by martygod12 on 17 July 2023 21:09
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another post to reply to ppl worried about "splitting the player base".

I literally never play this game anymore. Because it drives me crazy how boring it is.

The current version of the game "splits the player base" already, in the sense that players like me (and my brothers and a few friends who have tried it) quit because it's horrid.

The questing portion of the game is entirely broken and not even a "game". It's a point-and-click adventure where you collect loot and cosmetics, with a story and voice acting.

There is no "game". Actually making it into a video GAME implies that there is a challenge to overcome, a puzzle to solve, reflexes to be tested.

If they turn it into an actual video game, me (and others) would start playing it, and the player base wouldn't be "split".

Adding an instanced server, a debuff, and quest/curse... ANYTHING to make it a playable video game (and not a complete joke) would just give players more options, and attract more new players (and old ones, like myself) and wouldn't "split" anything.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fair point, human psyche yearns to overcome hardship as a way to confirm its ability to adapt to situation, a mean for forced evolution and reinforcing self worth one could say

Having none strips you of all the funny chemical tickling your brain cells after having opened a good ol' can of rear end whooping and cracking open some hard nuts

No challenge means no feeling of progression at all until you hit the brick wall

And when you go from mindlessly roflstomping everything to getting you rear end served on a silver plater instead of just being shy to complete said content its quite demoralizing

As your skill requirements to complete content goes from a sea level plateau that never moved (basicaly 99% of overland content) straight up to a rather high cliffside (vet/HM DLC dungeons and vet/HM trials) you get 2 thoughts

"The game difficulty is massively inconsistent" and "The climb ain't worth the cookies"

To be fair the bastion nymic or whatever its called tried to answer this by making a daily require more than you alone to complete but the reception is quite cold to say the least

Feels like the ball either fall into "too easy" (boss die to fast) or "Too hard" (too many mechanics overwhelming you and the boss leave nearly no room for errors)
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on 17 July 2023 22:23
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like video games that are relaxed and easy and ones that are hard. I enjoyed both Life is Strange and Bloodborne. I currently have Elden Ring and Life is Strange 3 on my backlog and have played a bit of both but been too busy to really dig into them. There are both quite fun.

Many human beings do like overcoming challenges. However, humans also enjoy stories well told and relaxation. Plenty of people enjoy the current overland and plenty don't.

To want one over the other isn't a question of whether or not something is a video game, or whether or not the human brain is being engaged. Because different people like different things and both of these are interactive experiences.

The developers could easily engage both with a LOTRO style debuff slider. This allowed the devs of that game to make the game more playable and increase its difficulty while saving significant development time and not splitting the players. It went over very well. These difficulty sliders are also something that's been part of the Elder Scrolls series for a long time. It's how they added difficulty to the single player games.

So, I think it would fit in perfectly with this one. It's a proven technique in another MMO and it's a proven technique for the Elder Scrolls in general, so it just makes sense for the Elder Scrolls MMO to have one imo.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 17 July 2023 22:39
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read people on Reddit say that the director tells people to play other games or "boohoo" when they bring up important topics like these. I don't know how true that is though.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was one incident with him where he stated (apropos of something else IIRC) "you don't have to be here you know". I believe that's largely been taken out of context latterly though. And I think that was Matt Firor, not Rich Lambert.

The boohoo thing was during a stream where his wife lit into those asking about pvp. IIRC, he doesn't have a stream any more.

I don't have dates on those things, as I really don't watch streams and both were quite a while back now - you can probably do a search in the forum to turn up the relelvant posts.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Photonics
    Photonics
    ✭✭
    I love the game, I really enjoy spending time listening to dialogues, the fact that it's all voice acted even in my language makes this game really enjoyable, and come on, I started TES with Skyrim you can't imagine how hyped I was when I just discovered that ESO covers every part of Tamriel, but the lack of difficulty makes the exploration and questing very boring, at least for me (and yes I understand that some people just want to chill while questing, and I have 0 problem with that). In fact, I enjoy watching people who are not hardcore gamers enjoying the game. This is a relax game, I see that ESO tends to be more a Virtual World where you can almost virtually live in Tamriel, with some mini games and housing and stuff. But on the other side, some people reads Elder Scrolls on the title, and with the lack of difficulty the current content has, it might be a real disappointment for people who were looking for a sequel of Skyrim.
    So just a simple solution, to make the game enjoyable for, would be like to give players who wants challenge and who wants to customize their own experience would be to add - via the Mythic system - an option like a toggle for difficulty.

The point of that would be to satisfy players who wants a more challenging approach to the main content of the game, questing and overland exploration, without having to virtually remove their progression, and without splitting the player base (which I strongly believe could only have a negative impact on the game) is to nerf their own characters WITHOUT - and I insist - removing their characteristic / skill passives / equipped armor, instead of buffing the whole world around them. Mechanics exists, voice lines exists, and it's a shame to see them totally cut in the game for people who knows every combat mechanics (vet players). Then, they could even add two more layers of difficulty, with 2 different mythics. The stronger the nerf is, better the reward is.

It could be like this (not balanced because that's not my job, just throwing an idea even if I'm probably not the first to come up with it):

Mythic Ring 1: "Expert Difficulty"
    Deals 50% Less Damage to Overland, Delve and Public dungeon Mobs (Excluding World Bosses and most of World Events bosses). Reduce healing recovery up to 70% and Healing recieved to 30%. Hitting an enemy increases their Healing Received by 100%. Non-Elite mobs deals 250% Damage, Delves Bosses 280% Damage, Public Dungeons bosses 400% Damage. Magicka and Stamina regen are 10% less effective.

Mythic Ring: "Veteran Difficulty"
    Deals 66% Less Damage to Overland, Delve and Public dungeon Mobs (Excluding World Bosses and most of World Events bosses). Reduce healing recovery up to 70% and Healing recieved to 50%. Hitting an enemy increases their Healing Received by 100%. Non-Elite mobs deals 300% Damage, Delves Bosses 320% Damage, Public Dungeons bosses 500% Damage. Magicka and Stamina regen are 50% less effective.

Triple XP recieved, increase quality of Overland Sets found to Purple.

Numbers and reward are not balanced because Im bad at math but you get the point. Just give a little something to keep me entertained on this wonderful MMO ZoS !

(I'm not English at all so sorry if I misspelled some words)
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭
    Photonics wrote: »
    It could be like this (not balanced because that's not my job, just throwing an idea even if I'm probably not the first to come up with it):

Mythic Ring 1: "Expert Difficulty"
    Deals 50% Less Damage to Overland, Delve and Public dungeon Mobs (Excluding World Bosses and most of World Events bosses). Reduce healing recovery up to 70% and Healing recieved to 30%. Hitting an enemy increases their Healing Received by 100%. Non-Elite mobs deals 250% Damage, Delves Bosses 280% Damage, Public Dungeons bosses 400% Damage. Magicka and Stamina regen are 10% less effective.

Mythic Ring: "Veteran Difficulty"
    Deals 66% Less Damage to Overland, Delve and Public dungeon Mobs (Excluding World Bosses and most of World Events bosses). Reduce healing recovery up to 70% and Healing recieved to 50%. Hitting an enemy increases their Healing Received by 100%. Non-Elite mobs deals 300% Damage, Delves Bosses 320% Damage, Public Dungeons bosses 500% Damage. Magicka and Stamina regen are 50% less effective.

Triple XP recieved, increase quality of Overland Sets found to Purple.

Numbers and reward are not balanced because Im bad at math but you get the point. Just give a little something to keep me entertained on this wonderful MMO ZoS !

(I'm not English at all so sorry if I misspelled some words)

Those Mythics would be nice, though it wouldn't have to exclude World Bosses and World Events in my opinion.

Now I don't really see it happening, but I'd prefer it if options like that would be be achieved through a difficulty setting that you get to choose when starting the game (which can be changed in the settings of course). Last I checked ESO's Reddit, a few weeks ago, there coincidentally was a post about the lack of overland difficulty by a new player. If difficulty settings would be locked behind Mythics, quite a few players like that probably wouldn't know about it before growing bored of the game and moving on. And the same goes for having to craft potions or food that debuff you, which is also suggested in this thread.

While anything would be better than not having an option in the first place, and I can see myself using whatever is implemented, locking difficulty settings behind game mechanics that aren't apparent or accessible to all players (like those that don't have access to Antiquities) mightn't be the best way to go about it.
    Edited by BasP on 24 July 2023 17:22
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really dont understand what the big problem is. Just make two instances of the zone. One with normal difficulty which will be same as it is now and one "hard/veteran" one with increased difficulty. Bam both sides are happy and everyone can play the way they prefers it, and switch it up as they likes.

I myself know I would definitely use both types for example. Normal for when I harvest nodes, doing excavations etc. And really dont want to waste time with every mob I come across.

And when I have my questing mode on, I would switch to vet for some Challenge. Not necesarily every mob must be a death thread, but at least the Story bosses should last more then three seconds in the fight lol

I am completely with you. And especially with the fact that they already have multiple instances, they would just dedicate a few of them to difficulty levels. When I have proposed that idea in the past, it has either been ignored or started a fight.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I am completely with you. And especially with the fact that they already have multiple instances, they would just dedicate a few of them to difficulty levels. When I have proposed that idea in the past, it has either been ignored or started a fight.

Yeah, their misleading "splitting" argument. Interestingly these very same players always "forget" about exactly this argument, when they once again demand pve cyrodiil or ic.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.