Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Just make the game accessible only for ESO+ subscribers for a few days.

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope its not fair, and yes im ESO+

Be Safe

Its fair. Many other MMO's that are F2P/B2P offer queue jumps for subscribers.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • musicnut23
    musicnut23
    Soul Shriven
    NVNNN wrote: »
    It will solve so many issues right now. It's only fair tbh and should always be utilizied during patch days.

No. Just because I don't sub, does not mean I haven't paid money to get the base game or subsequent releases. I too deserve to play. This idea is in fact not fair.

Edited by musicnut23 on 27 May 2020 02:37
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Hey guys I pay ESO Plus so I'm better than yall! Because the issue is not a disfunctional server, nor my ESO PLus money not going into resources into the game, the real issue here is the place I have on a virtual queue that shouldn't exist anyway!!!".

Brilliant.

Yes, there seems to be a rather troubling surge in that very sentiment here on the forums lately. That somehow you're just "better" because you fork over money every month and therefore deserve extra special treatment far beyond what it currently gets you.

Oh how I miss the days when it was worth it for the crafting bag alone. :weary:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • AngelSunstar
    AngelSunstar
    Soul Shriven
    dead horse the que is being taken off 4am
    Maintenance for the week of May 25:
    • PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 27, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529191/
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this kind of thinking fascinates me. so lets say someone preordered greymoor, but they are NOT an active subscriber. they should lose acess to content they paid full price in advance for? you know for a few days? someone not paying for ESO plus is STILL a paying customer. there should be no special treatement.

that said, they are taking down the game to fix it in a few hours. a little bit of patience will do you good. fixing this stuff is not exactly easy and fast when all of your workers are spread out and passing along information is a much more arduous process.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So people who paid for the game+chapters+multiple dlc not to mention crowns spent on housing, crown crates etc but who do not pay to have eso+ should be completly locked out of the game....... That does not seem fair
    Options
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    You really want to pay them for and incentivize this que bull [snip]? That's masochistic...
    Edited by Pinja on 27 May 2020 03:28
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
    Options
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even want to play tonight but hopped on the queue after I saw this thread ;)

You know, a much less disgusting way of going about this would be to simply ask for subs to have a couple days early access to the new content instead. I guess it's just easier to blame your problems on those that have nothing to do with the cause.

Pathetic.
    Options
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the amount of money wasted on ESO+ that couldn't be played...one day...you could buy Sally Struthers a donut. A very small donut.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
    Options
  • robertthebard
    robertthebard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Nope its not fair, and yes im ESO+

Be Safe

Its fair. Many other MMO's that are F2P/B2P offer queue jumps for subscribers.

There's a difference between a queue jump, and not allowing players that aren't ESO+ to play, which is what the OP wants.
    Options
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wishful thinking but it is not how it works. Once you subscribe to a service, there is no reason for a company to pay any extra effect in serving you cause you money is already down the hole. That is why phone carrier try to attract you with nice deal and everything, but once you sign up and paid, they can care less of shxt with your problem.
    Options
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be fine with sub model if this game was a sub game. Like performing like a sub game, with paid content updates being properly substantial for the price and without the freemium mobile monetization slapped on top of buying and subbing the game.
    Options
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they should make an ESO+ exclusive for dibs to get in
    Options
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    As indictments of consumer culture go demanding ESO+ players get preference over non subscribers takes the biscuit.

Let's not turn on ourselves here or look down our noses at non eso+ players plus as if they deserve to suffer.

Keep the focus and pressure on ZOS and their willfulness in allowing the game's performance to degrade each patch whilst knowingly churning out new shiny product.

Get out there and write Steam/Reddit reviews etc warning new players. Just don't turn on each other

Options
  • Clutch
    Clutch
    ✭✭✭
    It would have made more sense to give a headstart to said players but the damage is done, wait in line like everybody else I guess.
    Options
  • FatFred
    FatFred
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sub anymore because zos didn't respect paid players
    Options
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So people are complaining today that they aren't getting what they pay for, due to release issues.

So now, many of these same people, want something entirely different than what they are paying for, regardless of issues.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
    Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    Well, the game is not going to be playable for a few days.
    Hope they give us some crowns or something for all this trouble
    Options
  • Dominicano_FleddyFlu
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    Make the game pay to play again please, servers were working fine when you you hadnt people with out eso+ leeching your server resources

I don't think that will happen but my prayers are with yours
    Options
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO

If that does not solve problems then what? ESO ONE?
    Options
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    And no i dont
    Maxx7410 wrote: »
    just close the game
    musicnut23 wrote: »
    It will solve so many issues right now. It's only fair tbh and should always be utilizied during patch days.

No. Just because I don't sub, does not mean I haven't paid money to get the base game or subsequent releases. I too deserve to play. This idea is in fact not fair.

Yes, it is fair, because we paid for the same things that u paid. and moreover we pay a subscription.
    It's not that hard to understand. This game run on money not our goodwill. Who pays more must be treated better (at least just a little bit, Im not saying free loaders are garbage. But the fact one paid what? 30$ 2 years ago and played 2500 hours since then doesnt make him exactly a supporter, does it?)
    Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely not, and yes I am a subscriber..
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being an ESO+ subscriber doesnt give you any priority access to the game against other players. Only bonuses like inventory space, bank space, unlocked content etc etc. That's what you pay your subscription for.

You ve mixed things up a little bit.
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant imagine that this would be legal in any country :wink:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • Spartycuss
    Spartycuss
    ✭✭✭
    nobody forced you to pay 15 extra dollars a month, and no you shouldn't get priority or exclusive rights to the game as that isn't part of an eso plus membership. It tells you what you get for your membership, this isn't one of them LUL. Enjoy that crafting bag tho ;)
    Options
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Totally! Also ESO plus members should have X2 health bars in PvP and PvE. Also crown store should sell nonmembers as slaves of new chapters so we can buy them! We are paying so we must be really ahead
    In fact lets not die in PvP if ESO plus membership is active. Would be nice against who is not a REAL member :) yeey..

Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. That's kind of stupidity was one of the reasons why SWTOR lost so many players. When most of my friends who couldn't afford to sub got locked out of content I stopped paying for the game and eventually left for ESO.

Same thing here, some of my guildies & friends are ftp, if I can't play with them then I also get punished despite having ESO+.
    Options
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    anon307 wrote: »
    I don’t feel like the ESO+ membership I paid for is being treated fairly either. I’m not sure if completely blocking non-plus is the answer.
     But without a doubt, ESO+ members should be moved in front of non-plus members for the log in queue.

NO and NO are the simple answers. If you have bought any DLC or Expansion you are entitled to play, Just because some of us have ESO+ does NOT make us special in any way, shape or form.

"You pays ya money and ya makes ya choice"
    Options
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    ESO+ since I started playing.

No. This is not a good idea at all. Everyone paid money for the game. We just bought some benefits we can use while IN the game. It doesn't grant us exclusivity to play the game
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no i dont
    Maxx7410 wrote: »
    just close the game
    musicnut23 wrote: »

Yes, it is fair, because we paid for the same things that u paid. and moreover we pay a subscription.
    It's not that hard to understand. This game run on money not our goodwill. Who pays more must be treated better (at least just a little bit, Im not saying free loaders are garbage. But the fact one paid what? 30$ 2 years ago and played 2500 hours since then doesnt make him exactly a supporter, does it?)

I missed the part where being a "supporter" means you bought preferential login access.

*checks ESO+ benefits*

Hmm, I don't see it.

How much extra would you like to pay for that additional benefit?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.