The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

18 character slots is not enough.

• Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't like that at all. For some reason, I was just thinking about achievements like fishing and world bosses. It hadn't occurred to me that this would affect quests and dialogue. I usually have a couple of characters--both new and experienced--quest through each content area because I like playing all the options and hearing the different dialogue...
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    I just dislike the world reacting to my brand new characters the same way it reacts to my accomplished heroes. I don't want to see NPCs overlapping each other because the world can't decide who is supposed to be where anymore. I don't want new characters to be locked out of certain epilogue dialogue because it's been experienced already on a previous character. These were all issues I saw on the PTS. If the reactivity of the world state were linked to something else other than achievements and it would continue to be personalised per character, I would be perfectly fine.

Edit: On the topic of character slots, I love creating and levelling characters. I just enjoy the experience of slowly getting stronger and more diverse in skill and the process of my character discovering more of Tamriel. They're all individuals to me and they feel different to play because their internal dialogue is different. I have had to delete many, many characters in order to make room for new ones. I'd love more slots.

I need some clarification. Are you saying that if I make a new character for the new chapter and she runs into an NPC I've met with a previous character in a previous DLC, AWA will make it so that the NPC reacts as if they've already met?

Yes... Sad isn't it... :(

Is that true on the test server? Has it been confirmed or just speculated? The FAQ here in the forums implied otherwise from what I read.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We are far from a discussion of 18 character slots not being enough. Start your own thread about AWA if you want to complain about that, or participate in one already out there.

At least that is my recommendation.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see some new character slots. I love leveling fresh shiny new characters. <3
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    If zos's database can't handle achievements in live they are not going to handle new character slots.

At this point, I am pretty sure that the only thing that is preventing ZOS from removing character slots is that they havn't figured out how to implement a working class change system. Once they do that they will likely start removing character slots from our accounts.

Character slots that I have bought and paid for? And spent countless hours, days, weeks, years playing and achieving on... not to mention spending further money on in the store.

I do not think so. That kind of heavy handed approach is the kind that can end players involvement in a game full stop.

The lack of more than 18 characters has already drastically reduced my enjoyment in the last few years, since character creation, levelling, development, farming etc, was one of the main areas I enjoyed.
    Edited by Grianasteri on 16 June 2022 07:35