Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

18 character slots is not enough.

• Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is literally no truly valid reason why the number of character slots in eso should be so comparatively low. Please give us more character slots zos.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I want more character slots, I get a new account. I now have 4. I tell myself that I’m making them just for extra storage, but I always end up making new characters and a leveling some. I’ve lost track of how many characters I have now, but I think it’s in the mid forties. Of course I don’t play them all, but I have fully leveled about 30 of them.

Occasionally there is a sale on the base game and you can acquire another account for a low price. Of course, it adds up if you start needing DLCs and various cosmetic items. Two of my accounts have ESO+, and the other two don’t.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 character slots! I want to fill a guild
    PC EU

• DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    One character, one role, one class, etc is enough for me in this game.

But, I have done multiple characters in other games, so I can get where a lot of people are coming from.
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    And, while you are at it Zos, how about increasing the amount of Quests we can have open? <3
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is literally no truly valid reason why the number of character slots in eso should be so comparatively low. Please give us more character slots zos.

Database considerations.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Database considerations.

This. The databases used to store character and account data are, by all reports, huge.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If "database considerations" was a thing wouldn't they close to game to new players; because... OMG... a new player might join and create 18 new characters? I understand (I think) that someone can purchase a new account on PC, but on PS and Xbox you can have multiple accounts and still play the game on all of them having only paid once. What is the difference between 36 players with 1 character, 2 players with 18 characters each, and 1 player with 36 characters? As a former developer with considerable database experience, if their database is built correctly there is no difference, if it's not it would likely actually favor the 1 player with 36 characters.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason in 2021, soon to be 2022, a game should limit the characters to such a low number, especially since inactive accounts are now stored elsewhere. Maybe give the active players with full slots who enjoy leveling a bone. Let everyone have a few more character slots. Those who want to level will do so and those who don't won't. I wouldn't mind paying for a few more character slots myself.
    Edited by Arrodisia on 16 December 2021 19:48
  • GenAlexander
    GenAlexander
    Soul Shriven
    When I want more character slots, I get a new account. I now have 4. I tell myself that I’m making them just for extra storage, but I always end up making new characters and a leveling some. I’ve lost track of how many characters I have now, but I think it’s in the mid forties. Of course I don’t play them all, but I have fully leveled about 30 of them.

Occasionally there is a sale on the base game and you can acquire another account for a low price. Of course, it adds up if you start needing DLCs and various cosmetic items. Two of my accounts have ESO+, and the other two don’t.
    I feel like ESO has too many things as account-wide unlocks to make creating several account unviable. Unless they'd introduce an account linking system like WoW has, where your stuff is shared across several accounts.
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, there need to be way more things account wide.

Why do i have to do all the things with every character all over again, and again, and again?
    (skyshards, mage guild books, wayshrines, style pages/motifs, undaunted, etc...)

• Meiox
    Meiox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Database considerations.

This. The databases used to store character and account data are, by all reports, huge.

If I have 2 accounts with 18 character on each or 1 account with 36 characters, I would guess the first one needs more space in the database, since account wide stuff is doubled in the first example.
  • GenAlexander
    GenAlexander
    Soul Shriven
    Did Zenimax ever state why are they so reluctant to increase character slots?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Zenimax ever state why are they so reluctant to increase character slots?

Yes, Rich revealed the reason on his stream. Or... at least one he wanted to share. There may be multiple reasons.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GenAlexander
    GenAlexander
    Soul Shriven
    Need more character slots.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player using only one char, even 4 slots is more than enough to me! :D

However, to be honest, in my main game, I have about 22 chars. So I believe that when a game is the one we really play, the amount of chars becomes a real issue and I can understand OP request.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think ive already commented on this thread twice.

BUT YES MORE PLEASE......MORE!!!!!!!11
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i played city of heroes i think i had 48 characters (but there was also a much much larger combination of builds you could do especially if you wanted a thematic build)

in here and im at 10, and i think ive already covered most of the build cases (currently have a mag and stam dk, mag and stam warden, mag and stam NB, mag and stam necro, stam templar, and mag sorc)

out of the combinations im only missing stam sorc and mag templar (funny enough my templar originally was built as mag but i changed it to stam within the last year or 2), but i dont feel like i really need to have more characters as they are all filling some kind of role and all have different themes
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭
    or at the very least let us delete a few characters to free up some room, i came bac after the game launched and i only played a month, then i seen i made 8 crafting characters only only could delete 3 of them lol
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or at the very least let us delete a few characters to free up some room, i came bac after the game launched and i only played a month, then i seen i made 8 crafting characters only only could delete 3 of them lol

The delete limit has a timer. You can delete 3 now and delete more later. Not sure how long the timer is, though. I assume only a day or 2.
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭

The delete limit has a timer. You can delete 3 now and delete more later. Not sure how long the timer is, though. I assume only a day or 2.

yeah just wish they could up the pace or add 1-2 more lol
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You gain one deletation a day until you have 3
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    hope they will remove all slots and make this game 1 char 1 account + class change tokens + racial buffs and not bound to race.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroDPS wrote: »
    hope they will remove all slots and make this game 1 char 1 account + class change tokens + racial buffs and not bound to race.

Everyone disliked that.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Subjectcrank
    Subjectcrank
    ✭✭

Personally I like this idea. I am just not a fan of multiple characters. One per account would be great with leniency on a race change or class change if one desired it. I am a believer in having one character as a main needing more characters for crafting roles etc. just seems redundant. Also if they did make this a thing for crafting I would like to see the higher level nodes Cary more lower node items just to balance it out.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    This game has been going for years at this point and character slots are getting tight. Can we please get a big slot increase? Even an additional 2 would go a long ways. It doesn’t seem to be ending any time soon either.

I think this is why the Armory system was added as it effectively allows you slots within slots.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be the worst change ever but I have no worry of ZOS ever doing something so terrible. Nothing against those who want to play only one character — that’s perfectly fine — but many of us enjoy playing different characters with their own aesthetic, story, playstyle, etc. and that is just as valid.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have I bought mounts and outfits and hairstyles for my less frequently played characters because it was just perfect for them? Yes, I have and many times! Hint, hint, ZOS — I love my characters! ;)
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't you supposed to be buying fiendishly expensive armoury slots now instead of the fiendishly expensive extra character slots?

I have too many characters. Almost all of them became unemployed with the advent of One Tamriel, as some were made specifically to play with friends/guildies in other factions.

Ideally, I would like just one character. In practice I need at least two, so I can follow up on the story parts I missed because someone was explaining mechanics, or wanted to skip ahead.
    Edited by cyberjanet on 22 January 2022 09:40
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    wolf486 wrote: »
    I deleted a few of my characters as I found keeping up with 7 characters was too much, not sure how you all manage that many

I mostly play solo. I don’t have to "keep up" with anything.

But then you still have options left. Lots and lots of options.

Yeah, but that is like in rl then - you change clothes or outfits, or use them in a different color - I really don't see a problem in regards to costumes - and we have the outfit system and armory as well for different set ups - so you can have more than those 18 options available - and choose one of them at a time after your mood or what you want to do in the game.