Trader swap issue - EU server

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Second, we are investigating a small number of guilds and individuals who severely abused the issue and spent, moved, or otherwise laundered a large sum of duped gold and will be taking appropriate action on those accounts.

Will you guys just take action on the alt accounts people used to take the gold out or will you be going after the main accounts involved. I mean surely no one was dumb enough to take it out with their main account. Seems pointless if it got laundered back to a main account and they just lose access to a mule.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is she repeating it here while we are already discussing it 🤔

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Runs wrote: »
    Second, we are investigating a small number of guilds and individuals who severely abused the issue and spent, moved, or otherwise laundered a large sum of duped gold and will be taking appropriate action on those accounts.

Will you guys just take action on the alt accounts people used to take the gold out or will you be going after the main accounts involved. I mean surely no one was dumb enough to take it out with their main account. Seems pointless if it got laundered back to a main account and they just lose access to a mule.

We have all the necessary logs and can see exactly who spent, moved, laundered etc. the duped gold and where it went.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We have all the necessary logs and can see exactly who spent, moved, laundered etc. the duped gold and where it went.

Haha, I bet some folks are shitting bricks now!
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atm a lot of people are complaining about missing gold from the unseccessfull won bid and people saying they didn't get the full amount removed. So are u going on working on the gold part or has it been it now, Jessica?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm as far removed from PC-EU as possible on Xbox-NA, but I love just knowing a hammer of justice is swinging
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Atm a lot of people are complaining about missing gold from the unseccessfull won bid and people saying they didn't get the full amount removed. So are u going on working on the gold part or has it been it now, Jessica?

Any gold that is "missing" or guild trader bids canceled due to removing the gold associated with them was done as part of this effort. Any gold that's been removed was removed because it was duped during the issue last Sunday.
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any gold that is "missing" or guild trader bids canceled due to removing the gold associated with them was done as part of this effort. Any gold that's been removed was removed because it was duped during the issue last Sunday.

Still a, lot of small guilds didn't receive their winning bid. As u remember most guilds dudnt get a trader and were blocked from hiring. So they spent gold in a bid, win it, but couldn't generate tax income that week. Thus is an issue especially for those guilds not beeing able to make multi bids but have zo put in most of theur gold into the main bid.

Sry gonna kill ma phone
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on 23 August 2019 13:25

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • noob in denial
    noob in denial
    ✭✭✭

So let's say i sell items worth 10 mil to a guy who abused and spent that gold on my mats. You are basically implying you guys are gonna remove my gold ???!
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still a, lot of small guilds didn't receive their winning bid. As u remember most guilds dudnt get a trader and were blocked from hiring. So they spent gold in a bud, ein it, good away but couldn't generate tax income that week. Thus ud an issue especially gir those guilds not beeing Anke to make multi bids but have zo put in most of theur gold into the main bid.

It might be kind of hard to rectify things that didn't happen for those guilds, which is a bummer. But you can still celebrate what is happening.
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I can only, advice at this point to make tickets if ure one of the guilds affected this way around and not like the biggies with plus in the banks. I feel really sorry for them. While that people are reporting zos didn't remove the whole amount of gold from the banks. This isn't sounding quite fair as well. small guilds lose important amounts of gold to them, the biggies get away with a plus....

Well....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭

I am trying very hard to understand.

very basic question I will ask.

I bid 5 million gold. system says I hired xyz with 5 million. in virtual reality some other guild is there.

where is my 5 million gold
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
    Options
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't suppose you could disclose what the punishment will be? I understanding naming and shaming, but at least knowing what will happen with those people would reassure the community. It does matter if will be a 3 day ban or a perma ban or loss of assets.
    Options
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom You still refuse to address this issue:

- Guild made one (1) bid and won it
    - someone went and hired the trader for 10k from under our noses
    - now guild has no money and no trader for a whole week
    - how are we suppose to bid for the next week because we are now out of money, because if I really have to repeat this again, we have no trader because someone took our trader

I can't believe I still have to bring this up. Have you decided that the money is just lost and we have to deal with it?
    Options
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tahol10069 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom You still refuse to address this issue:

- Guild made one (1) bid and won it
    - someone went and hired the trader for 10k from under our noses
    - now guild has no money and no trader for a whole week
    - how are we suppose to bid for the next week because we are now out of money, because if I really have to repeat this again, we have no trader because someone took our trader

I can't believe I still have to bring this up. Have you decided that the money is just lost and we have to deal with it?

Have you got your money back? If yes then no problem, if no then your supposition is correct, you're going to have to deal with it. I would submit a ticket at this stage.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
    Options
  • reprosal
    reprosal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »

I don't suppose you could disclose what the punishment will be? I understanding naming and shaming, but at least knowing what will happen with those people would reassure the community. It does matter if will be a 3 day ban or a perma ban or loss of assets.

You scared? :)
    Options
  • JonnAndCo
    JonnAndCo
    ✭✭✭
    I am an NA player who just cancelled my ESO plus in solidarity with all those who LOST money in this fiasco and are being ignored. If they have exact records, why arnt they willing to refund the guilds who lost their bids? Why should they have to jump through hoops when ZOS has already demonstrated the ability to rectify the issue? Why wont they at least acknowledge the problem?

As an NA player, I am less concerned with the EU economy and far more interested in how I might be treated if a similar issue pops up on our server. I would think everyone would feel some apprehension concerning how this was handled.
    Options
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭
    JonnAndCo wrote: »
    I am an NA player who just cancelled my ESO plus in solidarity with all those who LOST money in this fiasco and are being ignored. If they have exact records, why arnt they willing to refund the guilds who lost their bids? Why should they have to jump through hoops when ZOS has already demonstrated the ability to rectify the issue? Why wont they at least acknowledge the problem?

As an NA player, I am less concerned with the EU economy and far more interested in how I might be treated if a similar issue pops up on our server. I would think everyone would feel some apprehension concerning how this was handled.

Exactly. I want it out from the horses mouth. They have to address this situation. I find it curious that they haven't said anything about it, and I actually begin to believe they keep silent because they don't want to fix it, because fixing it would mean they set a precedent. So they just act like this never happened and guilds that lost their money and trader can just suck it up.

Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a few guilds reporting the following:

1) They did not touch the gold that was returned due to the failure of the multi bidding system
    2) Some appeared to have won their trader bid but in reality did not.
    3) The gold that was returned multiple times, due to the failure, was not touched and remained in the bank sitting there until ZOS performed their actions
    4) After today two things happened:
    a) Some guilds had gold removed as per ZOS corrective actions, however, MORE gold was removed than should have been. Resulting in that guild now having LESS gold than before the failed bidding day, even with no trader won
    b) Some guilds had some gold removed as per ZOS corrective actions, however LESS gold was removed than should have been, resulting in the guild having MORE gold than before the failed bidding day.

Now, the guildmasters are sitting there, with the guilds with the less gold not sure how to raise more gold for this week's bid, and the other guildmasters of the guilds with more gold, now not sure if they should touch that gold. They don't want to get banned for ZOS's actions for leaving more gold with the guild, unless the guild masters somehow miscalculated something in how ZOS decided how much gold to remove.

It is something that is a lose-lose scenario for some players, especially for the players who wanted to take no part in the gold abusing and left the gold in the build bank for ZOS to correct, but now we are not sure if the correction was correct enough. And how about the guilds which ended up with way less gold than before the failed bidding day but did not touch the gold at all?

Please help!
    Edited by LMar on 23 August 2019 14:24
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

Please help!
    OsManiaC wrote: »
    [

Edited by JN_Slevin on 23 August 2019 14:21
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about guilds who won their bid but some 10K dude got it?
    This is unfair, we had a substantial loss of tax income for the week
    Can ZOS not award a refund based on the previous week's tax or do we just suck it?
    Options
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Most guild still have around 50% of the false repayments.
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, gotta say, this is probably the best possible outcome given the delay in response and handling. I'm tired of beating on the timeliness dead horse, so I'll just say thank you.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

That's good to hear for the guilds who got extra gold.

However, it doesnt actually address the question that was asked, which I will restate:

On Sunday, a number of guilds won their trader bid, and as expected, that successful bid was deducted from their guild bank.

However, those guilds were NOT awarded a trader. Due to the server situation, those traders were bought by other guilds for 10k. The guilds who won their trader bid but did not get a trader were not refunded.

Is there any plan to reimburse the guilds who lost money due to "winning" their trader bid, but who never received ownership of the trader? Or is that "winning bid" money simply lost?

Thanks.
    Edited by VaranisArano on 23 August 2019 15:04
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

I bid 5 million gold. system says I hired xyz with 5 million. in virtual reality some other guild is there.

Just chatted with a few folks here and it sounds like there is a separate issue happening. Apologies for misunderstanding those of you I did. If you lost gold on Sunday, August 18 as a result of the server issues, that is not expected behavior and we will help you. One such example is if you placed a bid last week and won a guild trader on Sunday, but now find yourself in a position where your gold for the bid was taken out of your guild bank but you do not have the guild trader that the system said you won. We're currently exploring options to help those of you who are in that position. We'll provide an update within the next few hours with more details.

Thanks again for your patience, and apologies again for the initial misunderstanding.
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Awesome.

If you're affected, let them know. And let other guilds in the same position know, in the event that they don't read the forums.
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just chatted with a few folks here and it sounds like there is a separate issue happening. Apologies for misunderstanding those of you I did. If you lost gold on Sunday, August 18 as a result of the server issues, that is not expected behavior and we will help you. One such example is if you placed a bid last week and won a guild trader on Sunday, but now find yourself in a position where your gold for the bid was taken out of your guild bank but you do not have the guild trader that the system said you won. We're currently exploring options to help those of you who are in that position. We'll provide an update within the next few hours with more details.

Thanks again for your patience, and apologies again for the initial misunderstanding.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom how do we get in touch for this
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you. I will wait...patiently.

Though I have no idea how this slipped past you when this was brought up several days ago.
    Options
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for this!!! Happened to us and will definitely want to see what options are available
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    LMar wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom how do we get in touch for this

Sit tight for now. You may not need to contact CS for resolution. That's what we're currently looking into.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on 23 August 2019 15:32
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post