Trader swap issue - EU server

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsManiaC wrote: »
    Atm a lot of people are complaining about missing gold from the unseccessfull won bid and people saying they didn't get the full amount removed. So are u going on working on the gold part or has it been it now, Jessica?

Any gold that is "missing" or guild trader bids canceled due to removing the gold associated with them was done as part of this effort. Any gold that's been removed was removed because it was duped during the issue last Sunday.

I am trying very hard to understand.

very basic question I will ask.

I bid 5 million gold. system says I hired xyz with 5 million. in virtual reality some other guild is there.

where is my 5 million gold

Just chatted with a few folks here and it sounds like there is a separate issue happening. Apologies for misunderstanding those of you I did. If you lost gold on Sunday, August 18 as a result of the server issues, that is not expected behavior and we will help you. One such example is if you placed a bid last week and won a guild trader on Sunday, but now find yourself in a position where your gold for the bid was taken out of your guild bank but you do not have the guild trader that the system said you won. We're currently exploring options to help those of you who are in that position. We'll provide an update within the next few hours with more details.

Thanks again for your patience, and apologies again for the initial misunderstanding.

Thank you for the clarification!
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Second, we are investigating a small number of guilds and individuals who severely abused the issue and spent, moved, or otherwise laundered a large sum of duped gold and will be taking appropriate action on those accounts.

Will you guys just take action on the alt accounts people used to take the gold out or will you be going after the main accounts involved. I mean surely no one was dumb enough to take it out with their main account. Seems pointless if it got laundered back to a main account and they just lose access to a mule.

We have all the necessary logs and can see exactly who spent, moved, laundered etc. the duped gold and where it went.

So how come this:
    Well, they didn't take it all. We got an extra 10 million gold back and now we have just over 3 million left, looks like we made a profit of about 2 million gold, if this is pro-rata some of the bigger guilds may have made a few tens of millions still.

Is apparently happening?

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »
    Second, we are investigating a small number of guilds and individuals who severely abused the issue and spent, moved, or otherwise laundered a large sum of duped gold and will be taking appropriate action on those accounts.

Will you guys just take action on the alt accounts people used to take the gold out or will you be going after the main accounts involved. I mean surely no one was dumb enough to take it out with their main account. Seems pointless if it got laundered back to a main account and they just lose access to a mule.

We have all the necessary logs and can see exactly who spent, moved, laundered etc. the duped gold and where it went.

Most guild still have around 50% of the false repayments.

This
    Options
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭

Most guild still have around 50% of the false repayments.

This

from what i've seen it's not "most" it is "some". I think anyone with extra still should just send a ticket in rather than post here, it'll get seen to that way
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
    Options
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    Atm a lot of people are complaining about missing gold from the unseccessfull won bid and people saying they didn't get the full amount removed. So are u going on working on the gold part or has it been it now, Jessica?

Any gold that is "missing" or guild trader bids canceled due to removing the gold associated with them was done as part of this effort. Any gold that's been removed was removed because it was duped during the issue last Sunday.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, your reply doesn't quite cover all issues.

There are several people (over on the German language part of the forums) who are absolutely sure that not enough gold was removed from their own guilds. According to them, they still have 50% more gold in the guild bank than they should have (based on excel sheets that track guild bank gold, not on "guessing").
    Edited by cynaes on 23 August 2019 16:23
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last weekend, an issue occurred with guild trader multi-bidding on the PC-EU server that negatively affected game performance and resulted in some guilds receiving excess gold back from lost bids. We’re sensitive to the negative impact this could have on the PC-EU server economy. During today’s maintenance we did a few things to address the extra gold that some guilds on the PC-EU server received last Sunday as a result of a guild trader/multi-bidding issue.

First, we have removed all the extra gold from the guild banks of those who were affected by this issue. In cases where we needed to remove more gold than the guild had in their bank, we reduced the guild bank down to zero gold. Any guilds whose bank balance is zero as a result of this also had their guild trader bids canceled this week, and the gold from those bids removed. The result is we’ve been able to remove the majority of the excess gold from the PC-EU server.

During today’s maintenance, we also put in place some additional safeguards to help prevent the multi-bidding issue from occurring in the future and have turned the guild history API back on. We will monitor how these safeguards perform and take additional measures as needed. Thank you all for your patience.

6CWH8Uq.gif
    Edited by Idinuse on 23 August 2019 16:39
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reprosal wrote: »
    Cously wrote: »

I don't suppose you could disclose what the punishment will be? I understanding naming and shaming, but at least knowing what will happen with those people would reassure the community. It does matter if will be a 3 day ban or a perma ban or loss of assets.

You scared? :)

No. I don't run a trade guild. I am a fan or Mrs. Justice.

EDIT: In fact I play on NA and I feel bad for YOU guys over there.
    Edited by Cously on 23 August 2019 16:47
    Options
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and nice to see you will be helping those who did lost gold and did not get a trader on top of that. Those trade guilds hopefully will be compensated. :)

And yes, what comes to the exploiters who spent/moved/laundered gold.. Uncle Sheo does not keep Volendrung available at Cyrodiil around the clock, so i am sure you can lend it and use it on the naughty people who made everyone else have a really bad week on their playtime.

Trading, finding materials and consumables even with sites and addons been really not fun this week for the players. So while there is no need for more outrage with torches and pitchforks, there for sure is a strong wish for justice to happen.

Economy is a big part of both the pve and pvp worlds, that is how we all fund our activities, upgrade our gear, make gold to be able to drink expensive potions. To play the game and have fun. Trade Kiosks and the economy is a delicate system that exploiters should not be able to break and abuse.

Thus, i wish you and the rest of ZOS crew strenght to deal with this extra work on top of your regular schedule!

Since it is friday, i wish a good weekend to the ZOS people and to all the honest traders and players - hope you all have fun! <3
    Options
  • ShowMeYourMoney
    ShowMeYourMoney
    ✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom how do we get in touch for this

Sit tight for now. You may not need to contact CS for resolution. That's what we're currently looking into.

How do you explain excessive amount of gold was removed from guild bank? Even the fact is no one touched it.

And how do you explains guilds still having that duped gold from last Sunday after this patch?

Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call IRS Criminal Investigation Division, Jess!
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I bid 5 million gold. system says I hired xyz with 5 million. in virtual reality some other guild is there.

Just chatted with a few folks here and it sounds like there is a separate issue happening. Apologies for misunderstanding those of you I did. If you lost gold on Sunday, August 18 as a result of the server issues, that is not expected behavior and we will help you. One such example is if you placed a bid last week and won a guild trader on Sunday, but now find yourself in a position where your gold for the bid was taken out of your guild bank but you do not have the guild trader that the system said you won. We're currently exploring options to help those of you who are in that position. We'll provide an update within the next few hours with more details.

Thanks again for your patience, and apologies again for the initial misunderstanding.

THANK YOU.

This was my primary concern I wanted to see addressed.

I am not affected... yet... being that I am console. But I could absolutely relate to the guilds devastated by "winning" but not really winning, and being out both their money and a trader. Because something like that happening to my guild would hurt a lot, too.

Here's to hoping console doesn't experience what PC EU did.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Pacrooti's Hirelings on EU was one of those affected by the Trader being won, email confirmation of the win, and inability to hire an open trader as the game believed we already had Nirywy in Cormount until we didn't because someone came along and hired her.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tahol10069 wrote: »
    Though I have no idea how this slipped past you when this was brought up several days ago.

Yes, this is puzzling...
    Options
  • Minghash
    Minghash
    ✭✭
    Well, they fouled up again.

Nobody touched the gold added last week and yet my guild is now robbed of all existing reserves, got all bids placed for this week revoked without refund and lost all tax income from the current week.

We did nothing immoral and still are left with nothing.

Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minghash wrote: »
    Well, they fouled up again.

Nobody touched the gold added last week and yet my guild is now robbed of all existing reserves, got all bids placed for this week revoked without refund and lost all tax income from the current week.

We did nothing immoral and still are left with nothing.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/490854/gold-calculations-done-wrong-it-is-over-total-mess#latest

i wonder if its better to collect it in that thread?

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom how do we get in touch for this

Sit tight for now. You may not need to contact CS for resolution. That's what we're currently looking into.

Sit tight until.......when? Next Sunday.....?
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the follow-up questions and reports of some duped gold remaining in-game on the PC-EU server. On Monday, August 26, we will be performing additional passes to remove the remaining excess gold from guild banks. If your guild is still in possession of duped gold, we ask that you please work with us by not touching it. If your guild has moved/traded the duped gold, this is your second chance to put it back so we can remove it in the next sweep.

We also have an update for small number of guilds who lost gold on Sunday night due to placing a winning bid but not getting the guild trader they should have won. Our Support team will be refunding the guild leader of any affected guilds 150% of the bid amount. Guild leaders will receive an in-game mail once this is done, letting them know on which of their characters we gold we deposited the gold. Our aim is to have all these complete within 48 hours, before the next guild trader bid cycle is over.

Thank you again for your patience. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the follow-up questions and reports of some duped gold remaining in-game on the PC-EU server. On Monday, August 26, we will be performing additional passes to remove the remaining excess gold from guild banks. If your guild is still in possession of duped gold, we ask that you please work with us by not touching it. If your guild has moved/traded the duped gold, this is your second chance to put it back so we can remove it in the next sweep.

We also have an update for small number of guilds who lost gold on Sunday night due to placing a winning bid but not getting the guild trader they should have won. Our Support team will be refunding the guild leader of any affected guilds 150% of the bid amount. Guild leaders will receive an in-game mail once this is done, letting them know on which of their characters we gold we deposited the gold. Our aim is to have all these complete within 48 hours, before the next guild trader bid cycle is over.

Thank you again for your patience. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Please let us know if you have any questions.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom a question. For guilds that still have some duped gold (as far as we know, we are not sure) how are we going to bid for this weekend's trader bids without touching the gold? Or is it ok to bid to within the limit of where we think the gold should be from before the incident?
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally... given the rage at the excess gold caused by the bug, I probably would have just gone with a 100% refund instead of a 150% refund.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A 150% refund on bids that were debited but kiosks were not secured seems like reasonable compensation for the guild.

It would be an extremely difficult, if not impossible, task to forecast lost sales for guild members.

Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally... given the rage at the excess gold caused by the bug, I probably would have just gone with a 100% refund instead of a 150% refund.

Presumably, they intended it to be compensation for the lost sales tax this week, given that these were the guilds that were supposed to have won their kiosks? For some guilds that may be more, for some less. Who knows. Doesn't restore the lost sales for guildies, but I suppose a trader is never guaranteed.

It's a little dizzying to follow all the bouncing balls on this, especially with guilds reporting in from all sides; gold taken when it shouldn't have been, not enough gold taken, no gold restored. Ooooph.

Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

guilds which didnt get the trader also lost out on taxes of a week, i find it quite fair.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom a question. For guilds that still have some duped gold (as far as we know, we are not sure) how are we going to bid for this weekend's trader bids without touching the gold? Or is it ok to bid to within the limit of where we think the gold should be from before the incident?

Fair question. :) If you're not sure, go ahead and bid as you normally would. If you end up spending some of the duped gold, our Support team will reach out and coordinate with the guild leader to repay the duped gold sum (CS will remove it.)
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on 23 August 2019 21:29
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

We did discuss that. Given that the trade guilds who were affected by this (it was just a handful) missed out on a week's worth of profits since they were unable to get a guild trader, we felt a little extra gold was appropriate and wouldn't harm the overall server economy.
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side note: props for the increased communication, Jess.
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom a question. For guilds that still have some duped gold (as far as we know, we are not sure) how are we going to bid for this weekend's trader bids without touching the gold? Or is it ok to bid to within the limit of where we think the gold should be from before the incident?

Fair question. :) If you're not sure, go ahead and bid as you normally would. If you end up spending some of the duped gold, our Support team will reach out and coordinate with the guild leader to repay the duped gold sum (CS will remove it.)

Thanks for the clarification and the steps taken to rectify the whole situation. Obviously most players want the economy to go back to normal and not take advantage of the situation. I hope I'm not just being wishful here
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a handful....im cracking up.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »

i second this. Its good to have some answers. even if I find the whole second pass thing weird.
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i second this. Its good to have some answers. even if I find the whole second pass thing weird.

i agree. like wtf. shouldnt the investigation be done already? how many chances do exploiters get? just waow.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to ZOS, its a small number of guilds, and they presumably

i agree. like wtf. shouldnt the investigation be done already? how many chances do exploiters get? just waow.

The second pass has been reported by the guilds who didn't exploit. They saw that not all of the excessive gold had been removed and brought the problem to ZOS' attention just as they ought.
    Options