The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Official statement of ZOS about gear cap increase

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greevir wrote: »
    So I'll be wearing the same gear forever? That's pretty boring...

based on what do you conclude there wont be any changes in your gear?
    1. rules will change - some builds now aren't as good as they were on New Years Day, others are better. (i am slowly redoing each of mine - analysis first then exploration of options then settling on new builds.) This will be an ongoing and recurring thing.
    2. new sets will come - typically 3-6 per new zone and some others as time goes on.
    3. There are some indications of a new magica based dual weapon line coming with the new class in Morrowind.

So to me i expect to change my gear over and over as time goes on.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    What gear cap increase basicly means (for me atleast). Im a pvper, but I spent x amount of hours grinding in mazzatun to get a full set of Amberplasm with the correct pvpfriendly traits (impen/sharpened). So what a gear cap means is I have to go back into mazzatun (I hate pve btw) to grind and grind and grind again, just to get the set over again, with the right traits....for what? Why....the reasoning behind this escapes me.

What I would really like to see happen is that they add a system to upgrade gear levels through crafting when they do raise the gear cap. Also let use change our soul bound gear's style through crafting.

These two things would add SO much to the game.

EDIT: Letting us change traits through crafting may be a bridge too far, but yeah. That too.
    They can implement both of those things without introducing a headache-inducing level cap increase. Even if all of our gear got automatically upgraded to be new CP cap, then 1) the change would accomplish nothing, and old players would be exactly where they were before the change, and 2) new players now have an even steeper, more daunting, and more intimidating grind to get to the gear cap.

I don't think either of those things are positive outcomes.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
    Options
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    If they automatically upgrade our gear, 150/160, to 170/180 respectively, or give us a way to easily do that, I'd be fine with that. But I do think that if the gear cap is to be changed, every CP-level set should be reduced to level 50 gear, but not so level 50 is weaker than the ex-CP-level gear., let ebony/yew/fell hide/ebonthread be endgame materials again.
    Edited by sentientomega on 17 February 2017 04:53
    Options
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they do this, they damn well better add the ability to upgrade cp160 gear to the new cap. I don't care if it takes crowns or an ungodly amount of gold, it better happen. The grind for ideal trait/weight items is too long and getting cp160 items crafted is too expensive. Oh, and no , making rng better , new cp cap items less expensive, or both, is not the answer.

Edit: I should say that despite my strong wording that's not a demand lol. Just something I would like to see. Please have mercy on me mods :D
    Edited by LadyLavina on 16 February 2017 18:42
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
    Options
  • Xaretic
    Xaretic
    So if they don't raise the gear past cp160 then what will be the point of the expansion....lets face it most people are all about the loot. Otherwise you are just killing mobs to watch them fall over, with some story attached to it.

(and I bet I can tell you the outcome of the story) You eventually are going to kill the bad guys, win and save the world!

Options
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xerton wrote: »
    Or change the RNG system this game has, as it is one of the worst i have ever seen

Yeah, this current system of RNG needs to go.

Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    Options
  • TheRiverBlues
    TheRiverBlues
    ✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    Gear cap rises come to any MMO, it's the way of things but for those of us who have just sorted out our gear and builds, only to have to go through the whole process again, it can very disheartening. Not to mention expensive.

GW2 doesn't have gear grind. They raised the cap once, people got pissed, and they promised not to touch it again.

And there's nothing worth grinding but one time cosmetics and the people complain about not having much to do content-wise. And the raised cap was seen as "optional, not necessary" for their endgame. Meaning you can still get by with the second best tier of gear in that game.
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the raised cap was seen as "optional, not necessary" for their endgame.

And the same goes for ESO. When everything is scaled, there's no point in raising the gear cap.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    Personally one Tamriel totally ruined any form of progression in this game going from level 1 to 50. The game actually starts when you get to level 50 and you get your first real progression point. A champion point. Might as well start everyone off at level 50. Everything they touch turns to dross comes to mind.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like see a cap rise along with release of Jewelry making
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can not deconstruct my all gear,

They must allow some mechanics to upgrade gear to new cap!
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I welcome the opportunity to clean out my bags of old sets ive been hoarding
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    Would it be that hard to raise the cap of gear we already have? 160 Mael wep raised to 220 in your inventory? They did it with the transition between VR16 to 160CP, makes a lot more sense so the new sets will be desirable just like 1T's were.

In some MMOs you can do this by doing content to get materials that let an NPC upgrade your gear. So you know, run some dungeons, do some overland exploring, go raiding, play some PvP, or whatever, get your mats, then turn them in for a higher level version of your current item.

Not seeing them doing that in ESO, however.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xerton wrote: »
    From the german forum section:
    Gerne noch einmal: Details gibt es, wenn sie feststehen.

Jeder hier ist sich bewusst, wie aufwändig die Jagd gerade nach der richtigen Waffe mit der richtigen Eigenschaft ist, und auch wieviel goldene Aufwerter verbraucht werden. Falls wir das Gegenstandscap erhöhen sollten, geschieht das nicht leichtfertig, um all eure Mühen zu entwerten.

One Tamriel gilt für ganz Tamriel, incl. Vvardenfell. Monster haben überall die gleiche Stufe, Spieler werden überall entsprechend angehoben.

In english:
    Once again: Details will be published when we have them.

Everyone here is aware of how hard it is to get those weapons in the perfect trait and how many golden tempers have to be used.
    In case we were to increase the gearcap, it would not happen thoughtless, to make all your efforts meaningless.

One Tamriel applies to whole Tamriel, including Vvardenfell. Monsters have the same level everywhere, players are being adjustet accordingly.

So bottom line: A new gearcap will be happening, they just don't want to kill the mood right now

So it will happen at some point but we don't know when exactly. And if it does happen ZOS is aware of how much of a shi*-storm it might couse so I can only imagine that the gear will be auto-upgraded...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 20 May 2017 14:51
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gear caps are stupid both logically and in terms of gameplay. I would much prefer they looked at the way SWG handled gear (ORIGINALLY) years and years ago. It would make crafters relevant, raiders relevant, and it would let gear wear out and require having to maintain/upgrade it all the time. Levels of equipment just make no sense. Logically speaking, why can't I pick up a 'level 160 sword' when I am level 10. Does that level 160 sword weigh too much? If so its a bad sword. There's no logic to the system and never has been in these kinds games.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZiRM wrote: »
    All those people with high end gear that they paid for or took the time to grind or make it. It's all for nothing...

My goodness, never satisfied.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lambert said this a couple of months ago in an interview guess no one seen that, this is nothing new, but glad it is cleared up now lets wait to see when the the next thread pops up by the uninformed LOL
    Options
  • ZeroZero77
    ZeroZero77
    ✭✭✭
    Upgrade items Eso+ only ^^
    Mein Eso Setup System I7-4790k Non OC, 16GB Ram , GTX 1060, 3 mal 1920x1080, SSD für OS + Anwendungen und Spiele, 16k Leitung nahe Köln
    Wieso kürzt der typische MMO Spieler eigentlich fast jedes Wort ab. Schreibt aber fast ein Buch wenn er eine einfache Frage hat ?
    Options
  • otis67
    otis67
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to be a fun day on the forums when they announce a gear cap raise. Personally I hope it's sooner than later.
    Options
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroZero77 wrote: »
    Upgrade items Eso+ only ^^

Hope so
    Options
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    otis67 wrote: »
    It's going to be a fun day on the forums when they announce a gear cap raise. Personally I hope it's sooner than later.

Oh ya ! you can bet on it. Whiners are never satisfied.
    Options
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They day the raise gear cap is the day I quit. I'm not farming my maelstrom weapons again, I'm not farming moondancer swords again, not *** grinding months for gear... Just no. It's way too demeaning.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
    Options
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackbirdV wrote: »
    They day the raise gear cap is the day I quit. I'm not farming my maelstrom weapons again, I'm not farming moondancer swords again, not *** grinding months for gear... Just no. It's way too demeaning.

Bye
    Options