Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Detailed Explanation of Block Cost Changes

• GoodOlPinkly
    GoodOlPinkly
    ✭✭✭
    I do love the fact that before this nerf atleast HA was best for tanking.... now @Wrobel. Has pursued making HA viable for anything, but in return now HA is not best for any aspect...
    magicka dps= light armor
    Stamina dps= Medium armor
    Healing= light armor
    Tanking= medium armor

Might aswell take heavy armor out of the game.
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our only hope right now is that the silent majority finally wakes up after db is implented ( seriously, the average gamer doesn't even know that db is the next dlc )
    Options
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this has been mentioned. Yes the Block Cost in the Warrior tree is a reduced cost ability, and at first glance it would appear it belongs in the Thief Tree. However, it is much more of a DEFENSIVE ability. I think they had it right the first place. there are many posts in this thread that explain and demonstrate the reason why the block cost move is a bad idea.
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
    Options
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do love the fact that before this nerf atleast HA was best for tanking.... now @Wrobel. Has pursued making HA viable for anything, but in return now HA is not best for any aspect...
    magicka dps= light armor
    Healing= light armor
    Tanking= medium armor

I suppose they dont want that Heavy Armor hell that happened in the past in pvp to happen again.

Guess we will be seeing alot of tanks going medium armor for tanking and very few staying heavy armor..
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mr.Hmm wrote: »
    magicka dps= light armor
    Healing= light armor
    Tanking= medium armor

I suppose they dont want that Heavy Armor hell that happened in the past in pvp to happen again.

Guess we will be seeing alot of tanks going medium armor for tanking and very few staying heavy armor..

Heavy armor wasn't the issue, the only durable builds I recall were the perma-blockers who failed to do anything but survive, the ultimate spammers who wore light armor, and the time immovable made cc's rather worthless and were run by everyone. When was heavy armor ever an issue? Think my memory needs to be refreshed.
    Options
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've effectively destroyed Magicka DK in PVP as we know. These changes plus broken poisons will render magicka dragonknight useless. With poisons increasing our ability cost, plus increased block cost, how the hell is magicka dk supposed to be a competitive PVP spec? Not to mention i need to add shield play enchants to reduce block cost which will in turn destroy my recovery, reduced cost and already abysmal damage. Have you ever actually played your game? Please explain that to me @Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by forzajuve212 on 31 May 2016 03:06
    Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonwind wrote: »
    On Live, I enjoy playing my stamina nighblade as both DPS and a Tank. With Block Cost Reduction in the Thief, I will no longer be able to tank because those Thief CP will be allocated in Reduced Stam Cost and Stam Recovery.

Same for my stamina nightblade.
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GG ZOS, you won

Whats the point of feedback even?
    Blocking nerfed, stam sorcs is basicly the same, magicka sorc got the wrong nerfs ( strong players actually got buffed ), magicka dk got nerfed thought blocking, enchanting got changed while nobody asked for it but hey black werewolves and green fire dk morphs.
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit:
    i really appreciate ZOS / wrobel putting such a post together. great community feedback, thank you. I
    EDIT: no longer relevant

saw patch notes 2.4.2
    One Hand and Shield
    Fortress: Increased the block cost reduction from this passive ability to 18/36% at Ranks I/II from 15/30%.
    So maybe I'm not looking at current tool tips but i believe
    Fortress reduces block cost by 30%
    Bracing by 20%
    and defensive posture by 8%

100%-58% = 42% (0.42)
    Live
    Base Block Cost: 2160
    25% Champion Cost Reduction: 2160 * .75 = 1620
    3x purple block cost enchantments: 1620 – 191x3 = 1620 – 573 = 1047
    Fortress, Bracing, and Defensive Stance: 1047 * 0.42 = 440
    Constitution: 440 – 43 = 397

but without bracing its 38%:
    100%-38% = 62% (0.62) why is everyone using 0.56 in formulas?
    PTS
    Base Block Cost: 2160
    25% Champion Cost Reduction: 2160 * .75 = 1620
    3x purple block cost enchantments: 1620 – 191x3 = 1620 – 573 = 1047
    Fortress and Defensive Stance: 1047 * .56 0.62 = 587 649
    Sturdy x1: 587 649 * .96 = 563 623
    Constitution: 563 623 – 163 = 400 460
    So to get similar values i need 649* 0.86 which is x3 gold pieces with sturdy (408 block cost) not x1 piece. or am I missing something?
    Edited by willymchilybily on 1 June 2016 12:32
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    So this update have anyone else thinking of doing something else?
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
    Options
  • StarWhispers
    First why would you move block cost reduction (Shield Expert) from the Steed tree that is for BLOCKING to the Shadow tree. Shadow tree is for pvp or solo pve'ers and most of what is in the tree is useless for actual end game boss fights. Rank 10: Fortune Seeker - increased gold from chest.... Rank 30: Merchant Favored - reduces armor repair cost......... Rank 75: Treasure Hunter - Increase quality of items in treasure chest.... And finally rank 120: Shadowstrike - after killing with heavy attack enter stealth for 2.5 seconds every 5 seconds........................................................ I got so upset after seeing this change I canceled my sub.

Reduce block cost has Nothing to do with this tree and should never have been moved to it. I watch youtubers joke that the reason it was switched is because No one ever used the Shadow tree. That it was moved to potentially force tanks to have something useless... So if we want block cost reduction we are now forced to use our precious champion points on a tree that does nothing to help end game boss fights or to use sturdy to compensate. I do not understand. Where it was was wonderful and actually had to do with Blocking. Steed tree was literally all about blocking as the rank 120 is Reinforced - when activating block gain damage shield! So why take out the most fundamental thing??????
    Options
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it does suck
    Options
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lavum wrote: »
    So this update have anyone else thinking of doing something else?

No.
    Options
  • Letho2469
    Letho2469
    ✭✭✭✭
    The formula presented by OP is outdated, don't make the same mistake like I did. You can easily reduce block cost to ~150 in Horns of the Reach.
    Trial Progression:
    vAA: Hardmode
    vHRC: Hardmode
    vSO: Hardmode
    vMoL: Hardmode + dro-m'Athra-Destroyer
    vHoF: Hardmode + Tick Tock Tormentor
    vAS: Hardmode + Immortal Redeemer
    vCR: Hardmode + Gryphon Heart
    vSS: Hardmode
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Letho2469 wrote: »
    The formula presented by OP is outdated, don't make the same mistake like I did. You can easily reduce block cost to ~150 in Horns of the Reach.

Well the thread is well over a year old, so yea..... changes were made.....
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy... necroes a thread saying it's outdated.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

@Dubhliam I did not necro it @Letho2469 did, I explained to him that it was a very old thread. Maybe check the date of the other comments too man.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

@Dubhliam I did not necro it @Letho2469 did, I explained to him that it was a very old thread. Maybe check the date of the other comments too man.

That comment was not directed at you.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NECRO!!!!
    Options
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭