The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has Paul Sage left ZoS?

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And by end of day:

Thank you Paul Sage for your work and creativity. ESO is still one of my favorite pastimes! Good luck with your new endeavours! :)

I would like to echo this sentiment. Thank you Paul Sage for the work you have put into this game. we wish you the best.

Third that!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »
    Looks like lots of job openings at zenimax if there some of the complainers that think they can do better. http://www.zenimaxonline.com/
    Pay negotiable.

Not the amount, but whether or not you end up any...

Interview Questions

1.) Do you think you can come up with ideas of things to put in the cash shop?

2.) Would you be willing for your entire compensation to be from commission on those cash shop sales?
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can confirm that Paul left ZOS after the launch of ESOTU on console. He, along with rest of the team, are very happy with how the game is doing and we wish him the best in his future endeavors. ESOTU continues to be in great hands with Gamer Director, Matt Firor and new Creative Director, Rich Lambert, overseeing development. Previously, Rich oversaw all content in the game as Lead Content Designer and worked on The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. We’re very excited to have him take on the role as Creative Director!

Wishing Paul blue skies and Full Sails (http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/webcam.cfm)...

...maybe he can help Matt move on as well >:)

Edited by SLy_Kyti on 29 June 2015 16:42
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when is John Smedley taking over as creative director?
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People like Nick Konkle and Paul Sage were the reason why this game has so many flaws that haven't yet been fixed and may never be fixed at all. They did some good stuff, but they were mediocre (at best) at leading the development of ESO.

I'm glad they're gone, tbh.
    Edited by Aeladiir on 29 June 2015 15:47
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he left because of me tbh. This is my vision. No worries I plan to stay here couple year more.
    Edited by Sausage on 29 June 2015 15:52
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    I think he left because of me tbh. This is my vision. No worries I plan to stay here couple year more.

LOLWUT
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People like Nick Konkle and Paul Sage were the reason why this game has so many flaws that haven't yet been fixed and may never be fixed at all. They did some good stuff, but they were mediocre (at best) at leading the development of ESO.

I'm glad they're gone, tbh.

Speculation and unfortunately wrong. IMHO!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider ESO to be a great game, and Paul Sage has played his part in that so I thank him for it and wish him all the best in his new endeavors. I also wish his successor all the best.
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I consider ESO to be a great game, and Paul Sage has played his part in that so I thank him for it and wish him all the best in his new endeavors. I also wish his successor all the best.

Ahahaha...haha... ahahaha...

Good one!

Oh wait, you were serious, weren't you?

B)
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭

Please don't even throw this out there. :(

| GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Well said, Sir!
    -Foo
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anath_Q wrote: »

Please don't even throw this out there. :(

Agree NO SMED, GOD NO!
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Gina's Statement is a hell of a lot better then what the game sites are posting.

Speculation is poison.

Well the sensible thing would have been for Zenimax to post BEFORE it became public knowledge, rather than it now looking like they have been forced to say something.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    log234 wrote: »
    Maybe they left because the game took a turn in the wrong direction? Away from what they wanted it to be, as an example the difference between Sage's normally excited expression to his more weary expression after announcing B2P.

There's this general rule of thumb I've heard, that game developers are generally not in the business for the money, if they were in it for the money they would be programmers working for other firms as the wages are so different, they are in it because it's their passion and they are genuinely excited about and care for the games they make.

Which leads me back to my point; I don't think Paul, Konkle or Maria simply left for a bigger salary, but rather a conflict of interest in the development of the game that they were not willing to be backing up or put their name on.

Exactly my thoughts.

I remember Matt and Paul sitting in Front of the Bethesda guy being interviewed.
    It was like two naughty school children in front of the headmaster.
    I found it hard not to cringe when watching the words come out the mouths like reading a cue card or script.
    Their body language made me think neither of them wanted to be there.

I got the impression there was a major difference of opinion on the direction of the game at that point and the powers that be had stepped in.
    I can understand if people decided to walk at that point... if they weren't shoved.

Will the game be better for it ?
    If the direction they were going is not the direction the game is now going...
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol thanks @nimander99. I don't think my experince in logistics and accounting translates too well. :wink:

I would love to work with ZOS, but they're not looking for any armchair developers. :disappointed:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Maybe they left because the game took a turn in the wrong direction? Away from what they wanted it to be, as an example the difference between Sage's normally excited expression to his more weary expression after announcing B2P.

There's this general rule of thumb I've heard, that game developers are generally not in the business for the money, if they were in it for the money they would be programmers working for other firms as the wages are so different, they are in it because it's their passion and they are genuinely excited about and care for the games they make.

Which leads me back to my point; I don't think Paul, Konkle or Maria simply left for a bigger salary, but rather a conflict of interest in the development of the game that they were not willing to be backing up or put their name on.

Exactly my thoughts.

I remember Matt and Paul sitting in Front of the Bethesda guy being interviewed.
    I found it hard not to cringe when watching the words come out the mouths like reading a cue card or script.

I got the impression there was a major difference of opinion on the direction of the game at that point and the powers that be had stepped in.
    I can understand if people decided to walk at that point... if they weren't shoved.

I thought the same thing @Rune_Relic. That announcement was painful to watch. I just hope ZOS can take whatever they've been mandated to accomplish (make lots of money) and figure out a way to accomplish those goals in a creative lore appropriate way.

It's not going to be an easy job. I know I'm not the only one who's anxious to see the results!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am cautiously optimistic. They promoted Lead Content Designer. Hopefully this is a sign that new content will be the major emphasis going forward.
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    we wish him the best in his future endeavors.
    hahahaha.
    say it on next ESO liEs episode tx.
    Are you a perfect russian woman? add me-> @Olysja (✿☯‿☯✿)
    (EU)(EP) Olysja / Hortensius Capitolinus
    (EU)(DC) My Heart for Cuties
    (EU)(AD) City light painted girl
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can confirm that Paul left ZOS after the launch of ESOTU on console. He, along with rest of the team, are very happy with how the game is doing and we wish him the best in his future endeavors. ESOTU continues to be in great hands with Game Director, Matt Firor and new Creative Director, Rich Lambert, overseeing development. Previously, Rich oversaw all content in the game as Lead Content Designer and worked on The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. We’re very excited to have him take on the role as Creative Director!

Edit: Fixed a small typo in Matt's title.

can we already get a confirmed on different styles of horse armor ;)
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    LrdRahvin wrote: »
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Wait. So there's an opening for Creative Director?

Hell yeah Gid, I nominate you!

[snip]

[snip]

Wait.. so the auction horse wasn't a thing?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 26 November 2023 19:50
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Wait. So there's an opening for Creative Director?

Hell yeah Gid, I nominate you!

[snip]

[snip]

Wait.. so the auction horse wasn't a thing?

No...I was kidding him about his misspelling of pursuit...Auction horse is a thing.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 26 November 2023 19:50
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    If he was really desperate, he could ask Gidorick (unless Gidorick is in fact Rich Lambert).

That's unfair to @Gidorick , looking over his threads this game would be improved immeasurably if they started implementing some of his ideas.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    sirston wrote: »
    We can confirm that Paul left ZOS after the launch of ESOTU on console. He, along with rest of the team, are very happy with how the game is doing and we wish him the best in his future endeavors. ESOTU continues to be in great hands with Game Director, Matt Firor and new Creative Director, Rich Lambert, overseeing development. Previously, Rich oversaw all content in the game as Lead Content Designer and worked on The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. We’re very excited to have him take on the role as Creative Director!

Edit: Fixed a small typo in Matt's title.

can we already get a confirmed on different styles of horse armor ;)

dlc_oblivion.jpg
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    505030.jpg

The grammar is your GIF is wrong :p
    Edit: Also spelling :p
    I think that's on burbous ...
    shades.gif
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    505030.jpg

The grammar is your GIF is wrong :p
    Edit: Also spelling :p
    I think that's on burbous ...
    shades.gif

Eye uggree...'dat's y eye poot 'da cument aboot menshuneeng 'da obveeus inn. :D
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So another secret departure, biggest one yet too.

Now would be a really good time for ZOS to announce their content plans for the future, and not just the "new" stuff that we've been waiting for since Quake Con 12 months ago, but new features and systems that we've been begging for since launch.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

Exactly my thoughts.

I thought the same thing @Rune_Relic. That announcement was painful to watch. I just hope ZOS can take whatever they've been mandated to accomplish (make lots of money) and figure out a way to accomplish those goals in a creative lore appropriate way.

It's not going to be an easy job. I know I'm not the only one who's anxious to see the results!

Thats kind of the vibe I got as well :) Thats why *read* things into it... Or got the idea that there might be something sorely amiss.

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it mean we can get capes now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R2aW03pwL0
    Wololo.
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that Elder Scrolls Online doesn't kill the Elder Scrolls franchise.