Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

• KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Still an issue, been days since I have been able to login
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • lokisspace
    Still have issues, ESO is blaming southern california Verizon isp. Can anyone confirm it is southern California Verizon's fault.
  • dudenamedchris
    Nc here same issues
  • dudenamedchris
    Maybe they don't use the right internet service ?
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Was able to play 4 hrs yesterday, now I cant even login to play 4mins.

When will this be addressed? It mid Oct already!
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    EVERY SINGLE GAME I own that has an online portion lets me login FIRST attempt.

ESO is the ONLY game I cant login to, even WoW on my outdated laptop allows me to login and play.

Zenimax, stop BS paying customers! Address this issue already.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    I can login to a EU account .

But have a hard time with my main US account.

How is this not Zenimax fault? Still telling people its not them
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• lokisspace
    Why is it only us in these forums having trouble? ESO needs to fix our accounts, its not fair to blame isp when other players from local area are being able to login from the same isp. I'm the original artist of most of these armors or costumes started in 1992 and I cannot get a simple login priority or hot fix to make this game work 24 hours. My old buddy Darwin surely logs in with the same connection at lower speeds and he is just down the street. Why can't this be fixed I hope you plan to fix it in the next patch maintenance.
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Last official response we got concerning this issue was Aug 10
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    It was? What did they say?
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Cbf to paste it, just go to the main forums, look for this post and click the red Z on the left
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• Drhare
    Drhare
    Soul Shriven
    Sony capping internet speeds might have a hand in this, alot of ps4 users opposed to xBox users have a more prominent problem to this, after all it has happened to me more times than i can count
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Drhare wrote: »
    Sony capping internet speeds might have a hand in this, alot of ps4 users opposed to xBox users have a more prominent problem to this, after all it has happened to me more times than i can count

Nope, I asked x1 users, they also get it.

And "if" itwas a capping issue, why do all my other online games work fine?

Best example: Planetside 2, no problems logging in and no DCs.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Just DLing the new patch, PLEASE tell me this issue is fixed
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• mindcandy
    mindcandy
    ✭✭
    KYNG wrote: »
    Just DLing the new patch, PLEASE tell me this issue is fixed

Sorry, nope, it didn´t got fixed. If any, it got WORSE!!!

I´m kinda new to ESO - now playing less than 4 weeks - this week was my first maintenance and patch day... I

I never had troubles with the game so far, occasionally, after 4-5h of gameplay, it lost the server-connection... didn´t mind this so far.

Since yesterday, and the update to 1.08, the games looses its connection every 5 to 15 minutes... which makes it "UNPLAYABLE" to me!! ... and I always thought GTA Online had issues with its servers... boy, was I wrong!!!

Never received my ESO+ monthly crowns too... but that´s another matter.

Spent 2015 till 2023 in another universe called Los Santos...
  • MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    Confirmed. The patch has done absolutely nothing to address the disconnection issue.
    3 months of a game that's unplayable. I give up.
  • mindcandy
    mindcandy
    ✭✭
    MacPhreak wrote: »
    Confirmed. The patch has done absolutely nothing to address the disconnection issue.
    3 months of a game that's unplayable. I give up.

Really? Three month?

Damnit, I´m close to quitting after 3 weeks... maybe I should reconsider ;-)

Since yesterdays connection losses got better the later it got.. maybe I should start playing from 2:00 to 6:00 AM, stop sleeping at all and tell all my customers they shall take their complains about this to Zenimax and Bethesda *gg*

• MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    I've honestly not had any difference in the amount of disconnects depending on what time I try to play.
  • mindcandy
    mindcandy
    ✭✭
    I did!

The last two days since the update I stopped the time between log-outs:

If I tried to play in the afternoon (arround 15:00h) I lost connection every 5 or 10 min.
    From 17h+ I could play for 30 mins and past 20h it was stable with no connection losses...

But today is a new day and I will check this again...
  • MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    Best of luck to you with that buddy.
  • Vortraxx
    Vortraxx
    Soul Shriven
    I had no internet/server problems before i dl the update/patch .

Now that i have, i can't login to the EUROPE server . Only to the US , but i don't want to make a new character .

Please somebody help me, i'm kinda new in this i have the game for 2 weeks now ...
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I can report that the latest patch has worked for me.
    I was able to login 3 days in a row first try.

And no DCs, but loadscreens are really long.

But I'll take long loads over constant DCs and login errors.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    Nice one! Log in has never been a problem for me, it's just been constant disconnects from the game. I'm going to run it now and see how long it lasts. Fingers crossed it works.
  • MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    Nope.
    Lasted 8mins. :neutral:
  • mindcandy
    mindcandy
    ✭✭
    Yesterday was kinda good. Only had 3 DCs: after 5 min and twice after 30min each - afterwards I had a stable connection for the next 4 hours!

Its not like before the patch but seems to get better... (PS4. EU server)
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    This will be my last post until the game screws up again.

But so far so good, played for 5hrs straight, no DCs and able to login first attempt.

For the record, before this recent patch, I had issues logging in. And IF I made it into the game I would be DCd soon afterwards.
    Then after the DC, I'll have issues logging in again.

99% of the time it was the "you have no net" text that came up.

I hope you guys have better success than before, because if anyone knows how it feels to get screwed by zenimax ... Its me.
    Good luck.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• Daniel_NZ
    Daniel_NZ
    I too was having this same issue, could barely ever log in, if I did manage to get to the character select screen it was a gamble whether I'd make the next loading screen without being dropped. I could rarely play for a few minutes, maybe up to half an hour, before being kicked with the aforementioned error.

I eventually guessed that it must have been my ISP's P2P traffic (peer to peer, the most commonly used method for piracy, but it also has many legal uses, and some video games use it) throttling causing the issue, as I had tried everything else and the game ran fine on another ISP and a mobile hotspot. Now, after changing my ISP to another that claims not to throttle P2P traffic, the game runs perfect.

May I suggest that we compile a list of everyone who is having this issue's ISP (Internet Service Provider), to see if there is any correlation? If so, perhaps my theory that it is the ISP's P2P throttling causing the issue, is correct. I know there are ISPs out there that claim not to P2P throttle, but still do it anyway, so for this reason I think this list is a good idea to list them, to see for ourselves if we have any obvious correlation. Perhaps we should also list known working ISP's, from anyone who visits this thread that isn't having the issue. I'll start the list off below:

Has the issue/No issue, Country, ISP Name
    Has the issue, New Zealand, Flip
    No issue, New Zealand, Bigpipe
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel_NZ wrote: »
    I too was having this same issue, could barely ever log in, if I did manage to get to the character select screen it was a gamble whether I'd make the next loading screen without being dropped. I could rarely play for a few minutes, maybe up to half an hour, before being kicked with the aforementioned error.

I eventually guessed that it must have been my ISP's P2P traffic (peer to peer, the most commonly used method for piracy, but it also has many legal uses, and some video games use it) throttling causing the issue, as I had tried everything else and the game ran fine on another ISP and a mobile hotspot. Now, after changing my ISP to another that claims not to throttle P2P traffic, the game runs perfect.

May I suggest that we compile a list of everyone who is having this issue's ISP (Internet Service Provider), to see if there is any correlation? If so, perhaps my theory that it is the ISP's P2P throttling causing the issue, is correct. I know there are ISPs out there that claim not to P2P throttle, but still do it anyway, so for this reason I think this list is a good idea to list them, to see for ourselves if we have any obvious correlation. Perhaps we should also list known working ISP's, from anyone who visits this thread that isn't having the issue. I'll start the list off below:

Has the issue/No issue, Country, ISP Name
    Has the issue, New Zealand, Flip
    No issue, New Zealand, Bigpipe

Highly doubt its my isp, as I and many others have stated ALL other online games work fine.

I also haven't changed isps at any point, but after the last update I stopped having login/DC issues.
    For it to be a isp issue other online games need to be affected too. Not just eso.

Hope that clears somethings up.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• mindcandy
    mindcandy
    ✭✭
    Happy to report: not a single DC in the last 3 days!

What ever it was, it´s gone on my end! Still no ESO+ crowns, though ;-)
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Well *** YOU zenimax!
    I dont know what you guys did during "maintenance", but now the same issue is back again.

After a week of perfect logins and no DCs, I'm now back to not being able to login.

*UPDATE* I can login to my EU dummy account first try, so I know its not me.
    But I can no longer login to my Main US account.

Zenimax has no business making MMOs.
    Edited by KYNG on 21 October 2015 04:02
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*