Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bolt Escape

Tankqull
Tankqull
✭✭✭✭✭
with the meta switching over to stamina builds and the addition of a class "charge" to dks giving every class an as rapidly usable gap closer as the sorc has as an gap creator on amuch much cheaper ability cost [1/2 to 1/5 of BE cost]

1) bolt escape and its morphs need the cost nerf undone(50% cost increasement) and the porting range increased from 15m to 22m to match charge range
2) the expert mage nerf needs to be undone aswell

3) due to the change of the cc component from a soft cc to a hard cc the morph streak lost the most of its utility, i would recommend to change the cc part back again to a soft cc this time to a 3 sec root instead of the former disable as the 1 sec stun is an awefull gimmick
Edited by Tankqull on 4 March 2015 11:08
spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    with the meta switching over to stamina builds and the addition of a class "charge" to dks giving every class an as rapidly usable gap closer as the sorc has as an gap creator on amuch much cheaper ability cost [1/2 to 1/5 of BE cost]

1) bolt escape and its morphs need the cost nerf undone(50% cost increasement) and the porting range increased from 15m to 22m to match charge range

3) due to the change of the cc component from a soft cc to a hard cc the morph streak lost the most of its utility, i would recommend to change the cc part back again to a soft cc this time to a 3 sec root instead of the former disable as the 1 sec stun is an awefull gimmick

How about no?
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

How about no?
    how about some elaboration for keeping up the option to discuss?

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How about no?

1) increasing range would Sorcs making able to reach many other places while other ppl still can't. Chalman gate just as example.
    Removing the cost increase would end up in a 100% safe escape (infinity amount of usable Bolt escapes..)
    Fight example:
    Oh my health drops down a bit..
    Streak, streak, streak, streak, streak, streak, streak, streak, streak, streak
    There was a reason for the nerf.

2) maybe, maybe not. Wait for balancing changes in the future first.

3) some ppl may like the stun and what about testing the skill a bit more first?
    It's still one of the best skills ingame..

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about no?

1) increasing range would Sorcs making able to reach many other places while other ppl still can't. Chalman gate just as example.
    Removing the cost increase would end up in a 100% safe escape (infinity amount of usable Bolt escapes..)
    Fight example:
    Oh my health drops down a bit..
    Streak, streak, streak, streak, streak, streak, streak, streak, streak, streak
    There was a reason for the nerf.

2) maybe, maybe not. Wait for balancing changes in the future first.

3) some ppl may like the stun and what about testing the skill a bit more first?
    It's still one of the best skills ingame..

well, everything you could reach then with an upgraded BE can now be reached by fiery grip and ambush.

well if he streak, streak, streak, streak, just charge, charge, charge... i do not see the problem, why one ability should cost up to 5 times its natural counter while only cvoveringen 60% of its range...
    the reason for the nerf was the clunkyness of some class charges (or the inexistance wich has been adressed in 1.6) so you had to rely on stamina charges wich in LA where not as usable as BE. so everybody complained.
    the clunkyness got removed within the last 6months, stamina builds have been significantly buffed (especially in 1.6) making stamina charges muc more prevelent and so the changes done to BE (wich i former did not disagree with are obsolet) a streaking sorc cannot escape anybody anymore.
    and thus its now obsolet restrictions need to be revised.

Edited by Tankqull on 4 March 2015 12:46

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing how much quicker I die in pvp now I'm down with removing cost increase to up my mobility again, it takes just 2 people focusing me and I die near instantly. The increases range thing probably isn't a good idea like the guy up there said, I could ninja scrolls solo if the range increase happened.l, bolt off rocks over gates.
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on 4 March 2015 14:42
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    I fought a sorc today, stacked shields and bolting around. There was no stopping him let me tell you. People saying sorcs are weak in 1.6 have no idea what they are talking about.
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuro1n wrote: »
    I fought a sorc today, stacked shields and bolting around. There was no stopping him let me tell you. People saying sorcs are weak in 1.6 have no idea what they are talking about.

I'm loving my sorc in 1.6, but I agree that bolt escape should have it's 50% magicka increase removed. It is the only skill in the game with such a harsh restriction, not to mention it costs even more with the recent storm calling passive "expert mage" change.

Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm loving my sorc in 1.6, but I agree that bolt escape should have it's 50% magicka increase removed. It is the only skill in the game with such a harsh restriction, not to mention it costs even more with the recent storm calling passive "expert mage" change.

also by removing the 50% increase it will open up bolt escape for use by stamina sorc builds.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

also by removing the 50% increase it will open up bolt escape for use by stamina sorc builds.

Why should a player going a full stamina build receiving all the benefits of a stamina build ALSO be able to use all the benefits of a magicka sorc based ability? You can't have it all.... stop maxing all stam/damage and you can probably afford BE, several sorcs I know are laughing all the way to the bank with how smooth the BE animation is now. You don't HAVE to go stamina. You can be a magicka sorc and do fine, hell maybe a hybrid is even viable.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BE cost increasenerf is too severe with current metagame. That much I agree on.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Why should a player going a full stamina build receiving all the benefits of a stamina build ALSO be able to use all the benefits of a magicka sorc based ability? You can't have it all.... stop maxing all stam/damage and you can probably afford BE, several sorcs I know are laughing all the way to the bank with how smooth the BE animation is now. You don't HAVE to go stamina. You can be a magicka sorc and do fine, hell maybe a hybrid is even viable.

How is this a valid argument?

Stamina builds that can use magicka-based class skills as utility isn't a bad thing. NBs can use cloak and DKs can use scales/GDB in their stamina builds.

Streak is a utility spell and should be accessible to stamina sorcs with a fair magicka cost.
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamina builds that can use magicka-based class skills as utility isn't a bad thing. NBs can use cloak and DKs can use scales/GDB in their stamina builds.

Streak is a utility spell and should be accessible to stamina sorcs with a fair magicka cost.

It is accessible... at a fair cost.... Thats exactly my point. You can use it, even a stamina sorc should have somewhere in the 12k magicka range or even more unless that sorc is literally focusing on entirely pushing out every bit of stamina possible. Thats several bolt escapes. Just like stamina NB's can use dark cloak a couple of times before being out of magicka. If you want to streak like you did as a magicka sorc, you need to play as a magicka sorc, don't expect as a stamina sorc to be able to string 5+ BE's together with no problem. The ability is far from being out of reach of stamina classes.

Of course this is a valid argument, but you'll see it for what you want I'm sure. You can't undo the nerf to BE to help stamina sorcs because literally every magicka sorc will be ridiculously broken. With the champion system things are even cheaper than they were in 1.5, in a month or two BE magicka sorcs are already going to be laughing at the increased cost.
    Edited by Huntler on 4 March 2015 16:10
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is accessible... at a fair cost.... Thats exactly my point. You can use it, even a stamina sorc should have somewhere in the 12k magicka range or even more unless that sorc is literally focusing on entirely pushing out every bit of stamina possible. Thats several bolt escapes. Just like stamina NB's can use dark cloak a couple of times before being out of magicka. If you want to streak like you did as a magicka sorc, you need to play as a magicka sorc, don't expect as a stamina sorc to be able to string 5+ BE's together with no problem. The ability is far from being out of reach of stamina classes.

Of course this is a valid argument, but you'll see it for what you want I'm sure. You can't undo the nerf to BE to help stamina sorcs because literally every magicka sorc will be ridiculously broken. With the champion system things are even cheaper than they were in 1.5, in a month or two BE magicka sorcs are already going to be laughing at the increased cost.

you could probably only bolt twice and be out of magicka as a full stam because of that 50% increase. i havent tested it but im sure people like sabre ali have more input on it (thats if he tried full stam build and not hybrid). that debuff hinders class diversity, through all spectrums. because its there i have to use all magicka cost reduction just to use it the way that you hate. i have no gear diversity at all, thanks to people like you. k thanks for your input. templar input at that, most diverse class builds in the game at the moment, lol.
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on 4 March 2015 17:00
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you could probably only bolt twice and be out of magicka as a full stam because of that 50% increase. i havent tested it but im sure people like sabre ali have more input on it (thats if he tried full stam build and not hybrid). that debuff hinders class diversity, through all spectrums. because its there i have to use all magicka cost reduction just to use it the way that you hate. i have no gear diversity at all, thanks to people like you. k thanks for your input. templar input at that, most diverse class builds in the game at the moment, lol.

I see, judging my input by my class and no knowledge whatsoever of how I play, my builds, etc. You have to balance for all cases, you can't just balance something to make it viable for the way you play because if you do that you can very well make it broken for other popular styles. I'm sorry, but thats the way it is. A magicka sorc can't use stam abilities more than 2-3 times. How does that not seem like balance? You're literally asking for something here where dear ZOS, I want to maximize my stamina, but also be able to use magicka abilities while not placing any emphasis on my build around it.... do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? And to your example ask any stamina nightblade, they can't spam their dark cloak at all... it is insanely expensive for them as a stamina build. Furthermore, remember that ZOS just balanced this game around the champion point system. Everyone is basically weak right now as the champion points make a drastic difference and they had to balance around that. In a month a two there will be players with an extra 25% reduction to stam or magicka abilities (hell maybe both if they grind hard) as well as damage bonuses and other effects. They had to balance around that outcome.

On a side note a stamina sorc with wrecking blow being able to port all over the place is freaking terrifying.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see, judging my input by my class and no knowledge whatsoever of how I play, my builds, etc. You have to balance for all cases, you can't just balance something to make it viable for the way you play because if you do that you can very well make it broken for other popular styles. I'm sorry, but thats the way it is. A magicka sorc can't use stam abilities more than 2-3 times. How does that not seem like balance? You're literally asking for something here where dear ZOS, I want to maximize my stamina, but also be able to use magicka abilities while not placing any emphasis on my build around it.... do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? And to your example ask any stamina nightblade, they can't spam their dark cloak at all... it is insanely expensive for them as a stamina build. Furthermore, remember that ZOS just balanced this game around the champion point system. Everyone is basically weak right now as the champion points make a drastic difference and they had to balance around that. In a month a two there will be players with an extra 25% reduction to stam or magicka abilities (hell maybe both if they grind hard) as well as damage bonuses and other effects. They had to balance around that outcome.

On a side note a stamina sorc with wrecking blow being able to port all over the place is freaking terrifying.

we shall see, they were not terrifying on the pts, and weren't even close to on par with stam builds from other classes.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and thats simply not possible even without the 50% cost increasement. as you are out of magica within 3-5 uses as a stamina sorc.
    and honestly whats the advantage of zickzacking around 15m each use when you can use stampede/critical rush for 40% of that cost dealing 5-8x as much dmg over a distace of 22m ?

• Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭

and thats simply not possible even without the 50% cost increasement. as you are out of magica within 3-5 uses as a stamina sorc.
    and honestly whats the advantage of zickzacking around 15m each use when you can use stampede/critical rush for 40% of that cost dealing 5-8x as much dmg over a distace of 22m ?
    3-5 uses? Wow come try the cloak on NB, fails half of the time due to random reasons and you have ~3 as a stam user.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bolt Escape has defensive purposes that CR doesn't. However don't latch on to the small joke I made at the end there... might point was as a joke if they reduced cost of BE to appease stamina sorcs (which is a ridiculous thought... guess the joke didn't go over well).
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt Escape was pretty overpowered around Launch, when opinions formed and hardened.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went from being able to bolt escape 13 times on 1.5 to 8 without making significant changes. Now that I've made those changes I'm able to bolt escape more than I did on 1.5.

I doubt many people will he willing to pay the price for my build though so I think the 50% cost increase should be *lowered* to 40% to compensate for the loss of expert mage.

People should also remember that the cost reduction nerf implemented by ZoS works in reverse as well. The 50% increase is actually already reduced by 12.3% to 43.85%

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Liea
    Liea
    ✭✭

And did he kill you? Or did he just manage to escape death by your hands through shielding and fleeing? I am asking because 'there was no stopping him' sounds like you tried to pin him down to kill him but he managed to escape without posing a threat to kill you?
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How much actual damage was he doing to you?

Funny that shield stacking plus "bolting around" equals sorcs being "strong." I might consider the possibility if you, and a whole bunch of other people, were saying the above *and* that you got your faces melted off.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I went from being able to bolt escape 13 times on 1.5 to 8 without making significant changes. Now that I've made those changes I'm able to bolt escape more than I did on 1.5.

I doubt many people will he willing to pay the price for my build though so I think the 50% cost increase should be *lowered* to 40% to compensate for the loss of expert mage.

People should also remember that the cost reduction nerf implemented by ZoS works in reverse as well. The 50% increase is actually already reduced by 12.3% to 43.85%

I agree with the cost being lowered to 40% because of the expert mage removal. I think that's a good means to satisfy Sorcerers for awhile.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically all of the Storm Calling Skills deserve a slight cost reduction.

Power Surge wipes out my magicka and this is for a magicka sorc, god forbid I want to return to playing my Stamina build which has the least stamina synergy of any class.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Teargrants
      Teargrants
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

I agree with the cost being lowered to 40% because of the expert mage removal. I think that's a good means to satisfy Sorcerers for awhile.
      Not enough, they destroyed my Togglemancer build!
      BNcY1Up.jpg
      RIP :cry:
      POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      EP ※ Teargrants ※
      EP ※ Kissgrants ※
      DC ※ Kirsi ※
      Vehemence Council
      #JustOutOfRenderRange
      ~Teargrants YouTube~
      ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    2. DisgracefulMind
      DisgracefulMind
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Teargrants wrote: »

Not enough, they destroyed my Togglemancer build!
      BNcY1Up.jpg
      RIP :cry:

):
      Unfortunate magicka warden main.
      PC/NA Server
      Fairweather Friends
      Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    3. Cody
      Cody
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Do not bring back the stun, and do not give any root. In fact, remove all damage the ability does, and make it a pure escape skill.

do this if you really want BE completely unnerfed, due to the insane amounts of mana people have, and all the cost reductions people can get their hands on, BE unrestricted would turn into chaos incarnate. this is not like 1.5 where we had softcaps; the resource pools are HUGE and so are cost reductions and regan rates.
    4. Gravord
      Gravord
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can we please get a "lol" button again? This topic need this.
    5. Germtrocity
      Germtrocity
      ✭✭✭✭
      I have not personally tested anything yet, as I am currently under account suspension, but I feel the need to say some things about bolt escape, more importantly the streak morph.

Since it no longer offers a soft CC, the use of it as an offensive CC is becoming a bit of a joke. In 1.5 the only reason I preferred streak to ball of lightning was because of the possibility to be able to turn my magicka (at a high expense) into a way to keep my enemies suppressed if they were not smart with their stamina usage, and as a way to build ultimate.

With the removal of both the ultimate gain from streaking through enemies, and now the application of a hard CC with streak, I feel that it has become relatively useless - let's be honest, the damage output is pure garbage when faced with not only the increased 50% cost, but even the base cost. It was pathetic damage.

Not only does it now deal ineffective damage, applies a hard CC worse than that of a crystal frag proc, and with less of a CC time, but it offers no utility to make it worth using.

Now sorcerers do not have any effective means of keeping their opponent CC'd for any dangerous period of time effectively. DK gets stone fist, a 3~ second knockdown, Templars get their thrown spear, another 3~ or so second knockdown, and I have not played on a NB so I am unaware of what the names of their CCs are.
      To expand on this, being CC'd by a sorcerer is no real danger now, as the 3 or so second CC duration on other classes is pretty necessary to CC break out of, as a lot of burst damage can be done in that time. Now if you fight a sorcerer they have no meaningful CC to threaten your life with. (objective opinion incoming) From the sounds of it, sorcerers no longer have a meaningful CC that is really life threatening. I often sit for a moment when I get knocked down by crystal frags because the CC associated with it is so minor that I really feel almost no threat from taking the beating, as I would rather save my stamina for a longer knockdown time.

Depending on how it plays when I am able to login again, I feel as if I will be sorely disappointed in the changes to the sorcerer class in 1.6.
      The soft CC on streak was one of the only reasons to even use streak in my opinion, and I have listed all the reasons for this. Without it, I think that any CC from the sorcerer class is non life threatening in the least.
      Streak was the one ability that made it a real danger when fighting other sorcerers, as there was always the fear of using your stamina incorrectly and becoming caught up in your own wasteful resource management and dying to a more skilled player.

Streak added a degree of artful play to the mix as it offered a direct magicka to CC conversion ratio - now it is a shame because we have no long lasting CCs that are economical to use (to the best of my knowledge).

As for the supposed unnerf to cost reduction, I feel as if something may need to be addressed due to the indirect 10% increase in cost nerf, but I will have to login and do some testing on my wonderful sorcerer to get a clearer understanding.

For the increased port distance, I disagree.

That is all I have to say on the matter, giving my personal opinion and views on the skill and how the sorcerer class works.
      Edited by Germtrocity on 5 March 2015 10:00
    6. Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
      Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

How about no?

^ this +100
      @Solar_Breeze
      NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
      EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)