Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have another question for ZOS.

1. Will you ever consider making it possible for gamers to try this game for free until they hit a certain level then they must buy the game and sub?

Even if it's for a limited time, I think it would draw some people to the game who are interested in playing it but haven't yet.
    Options
  • dreadlaxb16_ESO
    Tanks for answering my question on the live show =)
    <3:p<3
    Options
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    Questions:
    1: Any plans to add more interaction or things to do in a pvp keep that a guild owns? So that guilds have a reason to kinda hangout in the keep they are also protecting.

2: Any plans to add player/guild housing within 2015?

3: When will Duel system between players be added in the game?

4: Any plans for a preview window for armors/weapons?

5: Will you add more RP emotes? Like talking and singing
    Edited by Navaya on 12 December 2014 12:11
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Here are my questions:

1) Will the guild bank access issues ever be addressed (infinite loading of items requiring restart of bank session numerous times and the auto-stacking issue)?

2) Will you ever add cosmetic armor slots to allow better personal customization? (basically two slots for each armor slot..one like normal and a second one that will show only the cosmetic features if populated with an item while retaining the stats of the item in the primary slot). This would also address the previous post of allowing for the look of lower level crafted items to be useful to higher level players for cosmetic purposes.

3) Will you ever add a preview function to view what something looks like without having to equip it?
    Even without looking at your name I can tell you played EQ2.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • Argantis_Dragonheart
    TLDR; So if there is a repeat question, take it as just that much more interest from the community. :)

1) Will there every be end game flexibility in terms of race. Either the ability to "respec" a race and choose your own custom racial traits from a list, or to select a different race via quest or cash shop with a long cool down period of months?

2) Will there ever be anything cooler than a pet of the day for loyalty rewards? Maybe a new mount skin or new armor and weapon styles?

3) Speaking of cool pixels, how about transmogrification, the ability to make a piece of gear look like the same gear of a different type, like dropped gear? Along with this there would need to be some cool, unique art, dropped gear.

4) Will there ever be arena style PvP? 1's (duels), 2's and 4's?

5) Will there ever be more weapons and weapon lines? Such as spears, pole arms, crossbows, thrown weapons (knives, axes, hammers, javelins)?

6) Will there ever be free trial periods to draw in new subscribers? Like how steam has the free weekends for some games to let consumers try before they buy.

7) Will there ever be an official survey system to ask the community how they feel about an issue? Like a web portal through the ESO Launcher.

8) Will there ever be seasonal events where GM's control a massive enemy that lays siege to an entire town like Daggerfall and has to be battled by hundreds of players to defeat it?

9) Ever considered making all achievements account based to entice people to play more than one character or make the curve on a re-roll more gentle?

10) Could we make treasure chests more useful? Right now they just turn into a pile of crafting mats and gold, which is nice, but nothing special.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JoeBlackburn wrote: »

For Update 6 we are making a huge effort to make sure that everything that costs Magicka scales in damage based off your Max Magicka and Spell Damage, and uses Spell Critical as its Critical Strike Chance. Similarly, all abilities that cost Stamina will scale in damage based off your Max Stamina and Weapon Damage, and use Weapon Critical as their Critical Strike Chance.

Will Critical Surge now buff both spell damage as well as weapon damage?

Wait.. WHAT? Where is your source for that quote? That is supposedly how it worked since launch.

Edit: Found the post

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1358832/#Comment_1358832

Here it is in its entirety from NOVEMBER 5:
    Hey Guys,

Qhival's post is super informative, and hopefully we can help clear up a little more of the critical strike info for you. Currently critical strikes are based on the defense that an ability checks when it goes off.

So when you use an ability like Uppercut, it checks against the target's Armor when it does damage. This means it has a Critical Strike chance based off of your Weapon Critical stat.

If you are using an ability like Crystal Shards that checks against the target's Spell Resistance when it does damage, it will base its Critical Strike chance off of your Spell Critical stat.

For Update 6 we are making a huge effort to make sure that everything that costs Magicka scales in damage based off your Max Magicka and Spell Damage, and uses Spell Critical as its Critical Strike Chance. Similarly, all abilities that cost Stamina will scale in damage based off your Max Stamina and Weapon Damage, and use Weapon Critical as their Critical Strike Chance.

We know that currently it’s a little confusing to determine what stats modify your abilities when you put them on your bar, and we are working to make sure it will be very obvious in the future.

Its an answer to a very involved answer to a question about why spell crits of magica and weapon crits off stamina. So, the answer to your question is.. what resource does Crit Surge use, magic or stamina? To which my answer to your question would be no, Crit Surge uses magic to power it, so is not off weapon.

I guess the bigger question is, How long has this been broken?
    Edited by Darlgon on 12 December 2014 17:52
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my questions:

1) Will the guild bank access issues ever be addressed (infinite loading of items requiring restart of bank session numerous times and the auto-stacking issue)?

2) Will you ever add cosmetic armor slots to allow better personal customization? (basically two slots for each armor slot..one like normal and a second one that will show only the cosmetic features if populated with an item while retaining the stats of the item in the primary slot). This would also address the previous post of allowing for the look of lower level crafted items to be useful to higher level players for cosmetic purposes.

3) Will you ever add a preview function to view what something looks like without having to equip it?

Actually, that sounds a lot like an exLotro and GW2 player to me. Lots of us have concerns about cosmetics and preview before you buy. (Never did that heathen knock off of the original EQ)
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any plan to expand our options for the costume/disguise slot? Perhaps something like in THIS post?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/122651/making-rp-in-eso-even-better-lootable-npc-clothing/p1

Why are there no children NPCs and when are you adding them?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Here are my questions:

Actually, that sounds a lot like an exLotro and GW2 player to me. Lots of us have concerns about cosmetics and preview before you buy. (Never did that heathen knock off of the original EQ)

My name is actually from EQ1 but I did play EQ2 (as well as LOTRO and GW2). Lots of games have preview functionality and cosmetic slots. I think they are a fairly simple and straight forward way to add a huge amount of customization for players and add value to a large range of items that would otherwise be sold or deconstructed. Low level drops and crafted gear would suddenly have an added value other than vendor fodder.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here are my questions:

My name is actually from EQ1 but I did play EQ2 (as well as LOTRO and GW2). Lots of games have preview functionality and cosmetic slots. I think they are a fairly simple and straight forward way to add a huge amount of customization for players and add value to a large range of items that would otherwise be sold or deconstructed. Low level drops and crafted gear would suddenly have an added value other than vendor fodder.
    EQ2 had to do it because of the way they designed the armor and character models, that's why they never had a dye system. ESO could easily just let us unlock "patterns" of various races as we level up and then use any of them as we craft. The lack of a preview is just silly.
    Options
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions ...

1. When will character expressions be fixed again for us rpers (so that the emotion will 'stick' on the character's face after an emote is used)? I'm tired of all my characters looking like blank faced dolls. :neutral_face:

2. ETA on new mounts? Pretty please? :)

Thank you! :wink:
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
    Options
  • DamienMovado
    DamienMovado
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure if this has already been asked or not but I was wondering:

Are there any plans to incorporate lore appropriate holidays into ESO?

Thanks for everything.
    Options
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this has already been asked or not but I was wondering:

Are there any plans to incorporate lore appropriate holidays into ESO?

Thanks for everything.

Eventually yes. Right now no.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. When crafting Crits timer be fixed? (Resets at 1:00am server time not every 20 hours)
    2. When the achievement icon for 'I Like M'aiq' be fixed (shows fishy sticks)
    3. When new crafting set be added (dwemer set was fun but want more!
    4. Will there be more Woodworking options to make for shields? (Tower, round, kite, buckler (small round)
    5. Will there be Solo options for Group zones?
    6. Why no costume reward in mailbox for reaching Vet14?
    7. Cats as a pet?
    8. Cats as a mount?
    9. Dyes for mounts?
    10. Fishing pole upgrades?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    Will ESO ever newly feature Partial Nudity somehow???
    Options
  • drama235eb17_ESO
    drama235eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    7. Cats as a pet?
    I want lion as a pet ._.
    Options
  • Transorb
    Transorb
    ✭✭
    Are there plans to create an information database of items, weapon sets, monster stats, so we no longer have to rely on 3rd party sites with outdated information?

Can a report card for each player be implemented after each campaign ends depicting total kills, deaths, kill streaks, kdr, killing blows, scrolls capped, keeps capped, resources capped, etc?
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will ESO ever newly feature Partial Nudity somehow???

Short answer : No.
    Long answer: Still No.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone from wardrobe at Zenimax explain the reasoning behind all of the open toe footwear?

Why don't we have a "stomp on exposed foot" attack to disable and distract while we finish them off?

Edited by Elsonso on 14 December 2014 14:27
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could really use a quest completed log. So I know what I've done. Perhaps an ingame journal so I can make comments in it about anything exciting!
    Edited by Ysne58 on 14 December 2014 15:16
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabards for mounts? Armor for mounts?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • meg1972
    meg1972
    ✭✭✭
    Mammoth mounts?
    Cat Mounts?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meg1972 wrote: »
    Mammoth mounts?
    Cat Mounts?

I would be interested in hearing an answer to this, but personally, I don't want a mount parade in the game. This is incredibly annoying in other games and I like it that, right now, everyone has horses and no one has anything strange or exotic.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    We plan on discussing the Champion System in detail during the December 19th ESO Live. We'll be taking questions for that episode starting next week. :)

Assuming this is the proper thread for us to specifically submit Champion System questions for the December 19th ESO Live episode, I have more than a few. The idea of the Champion System is something I've been turning over in my head since the Quake Con footage teased its debut. Since then, I've made a point of sifting the internet for every tidbit of information about the planned implementation, always being cautious to remind myself that any/all ideas voiced by ZOS, officially or informally, were subject to change without notice.

Having said that, here goes:

1. There was talk of scaling all in-game stats by x10 to accommodate a system of diminishing returns on champion point investments, so that passives and bonuses awarded by the Champion System would still "feel" meaningful to players, even when the bonuses are a fraction of a percentage. A 0.25% bonus to health regeneration would be unnoticeable with the current scaling, for example. Has the idea been reworked or scrapped, and if so, why? Are you going with decimals to fix the issue, instead of scaling x10, or has the idea of diminishing returns been rethought?

2. Raw audio recorded from the Guild Summit suggested the total number of earnable champion points would be 2100, spread across nine different constellations in three groups. If that is still the case, are the points distributed evenly between the nine constellations? If so, 233 x 9 still leaves 3 points unaccounted. How many champion points can we earn, and is there anything special about their distribution?

3. To date, my understanding has been that our accounts will be credited with champion points based on an account-wide sum of all the post-lvl50 experience points earned. It was guesstimated at the Guild Summit that approximately an hour of active gameplay will earn one champion point. How many experience points per champion point, exactly? What about veteran ranks achieved before XP replaced veteran points -- how will they be tallied? Will our characters who reached VR12-VR14 before the XP changeover simply be given 1,000,000 XP worth of champion points for each veteran rank earned, is it more complicated than that, or has this not yet been addressed?

4. If the Champion System is truly meant to replace veteran ranks in the game, entirely, how will in-game content that currently depends on the veteran rank of our characters be judged relative to things like armor & weapons, provisioning & alchemy, monster difficulty, public dungeon & zone difficulty, etc.? How will such things be rated under the Champion System? Will I still be using VR5 potions, VR5 food, and VR14 armor/weapons, and will I be going to a VR10 solo-dungeon in a VR10 zone where I can expect to fight VR10 monsters? As it is, most content uses veteran rank as the standard. How is the Champion System replacing veteran ranks in this regard?

Thanks! Looking forward to the next episode.
    Options
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. When crafting Crits timer be fixed? (Resets at 1:00am server time not every 20 hours)
    2. When the achievement icon for 'I Like M'aiq' be fixed (shows fishy sticks)
    3. When new crafting set be added (dwemer set was fun but want more!
    4. Will there be more Woodworking options to make for shields? (Tower, round, kite, buckler (small round)
    5. Will there be Solo options for Group zones?
    6. Why no costume reward in mailbox for reaching Vet14?
    7. Cats as a pet?
    8. Cats as a mount?
    9. Dyes for mounts?
    10. Fishing pole upgrades?

Here's your cats for pet answer: http://i57.tinypic.com/1dy6xi.jpg
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given a number of complaints from a dedicate core of Players are you going to make the following changes to character creation?
    • Make the characters created look more like what they would in the game.
    • Give something for us to scale our characters against.
    • Make the colours more representative of what we get in game.

I personally haven't had any issues, but I have participated in threads about this, and haven't seen anything about it in this thread.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why dont we have seige in Cyrodiil that will aim uphill? For example, at Ales, you have no chance to counterseige ballistas at the mine up the steps.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why dont we have seige in Cyrodiil that will aim uphill? For example, at Ales, you have no chance to counterseige ballistas at the mine up the steps.
    Physics?
    Options
  • Gurchanar
    Gurchanar
    Will Armor/Weapons appearance (Level Progression) and Woodcrafiting (Make it more meaningfull) be ever expanded? Also, Will Shield and Weapons ever be dyeable? It's almost 5 months since Update 3.
    Edited by Gurchanar on 15 December 2014 16:49
    Options
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will ZOS be removing the AoE cap any time soon? Or at least greatly extending it?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    Options
This discussion has been closed.