Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you guys be allowed to show how you go about world building in the show, from concept to implementation?

Maybe showing a bit of the construction set you use while we're at it, if you can? (even if it's just screenies, that would be OK for me...)

I'd love a bit of technology show off :innocent:

(Sorry, I haven't read all the thread up to this point, so if anyone already suggested this, sorry again. If that's the case, just disregard this :))
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
    Options
  • ckbud
    ckbud
    ✭✭✭
    Now that Craglorn is complete, what is the next full PVE zone to be implemented?
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since anything we thought we knew has been negated in another thread.

What are the triggers that involve vampires and werewolves in the justice system? In the previous games simply being a Vampire or werewolf was in fact a crime, and we became targets for guards only when our nature was revealed. Will werewolves be safe as long as they don't transform in town? Will vampires be safe as long as they don't hit stage 4 in town? How big of a crime will it be if it's even a crime?
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    Would you guys be allowed to show how you go about world building in the show, from concept to implementation?

Maybe showing a bit of the construction set you use while we're at it, if you can? (even if it's just screenies, that would be OK for me...)

I'd love a bit of technology show off :innocent:

(Sorry, I haven't read all the thread up to this point, so if anyone already suggested this, sorry again. If that's the case, just disregard this :))

+1 a "building ESO" section, a "day in the life of ..." would be awesome.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Bollerlotte
    Bollerlotte
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Game/Lauchner have a MultiScreen option in future time?
    Edited by Bollerlotte on 16 December 2014 14:35
    Options
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons:

Currently there are 6 weapon types, 2 staves which will be moved to magicka and S&B which despite Cyro is not a DPS weapon set. This leave DW, Bow and 2H as dps weapons for stamina builds. Spell crafting may be a while down the road ahead but it looks to add an even wider variety of spells. What about weapons? I love being melee, rogue/scout type characters not necessarily a thief more like a in your face melee. Is there any consideration for new weapons? H2H, martial staffs, yes spears for those people, and maybe crossbows for some variety in ranged weapons, etc

Okay skipping all the reasons, straight list of other questions:

1. Sorcerer pets may be horrid atm and spell crafting has confirmed other summoned pets. Do any of these include stamina based pet lines?

2. Is the crafting market and balance of crafted sets where you wanted it to be?

3. If fighting back against guards is impossible in justice system what does this mean for the pvp aspect of it when that is introduced?

4. Will we ever see either block casting stopped or a balance for stamina builds introduced? As a stamina build if I use my resource for dps I end up with too little to break free, I can manage to sprint out of the way of most telegraphs but certain CCs and I'm forced to ride it out. Magicka simply goes balls deep dps and has no worry if they get CC'd. If it's balanced I say swap roles and let all those actions take magicka for one single week, see where they stand.

5. Will we see better end game multi-group content? Sticking these trials in and saying "Here do this as fast as you possibly can!" is begging content to be skipped, it promotes exploiting them. It encourages strongly reinforces players into FotM builds. It takes longer to do speed runs of vet dungeons than to do speed runs of trials, this is a problem. Raids, we want raids. Call them whatever you want, but we crave them like a fish craves water.

6. DSA is hands down the best group content in the game atm. My opinion I know, but it is shared. Again the time trial is a horrible idea but I digress. Are there any plans for more group content as enjoyable? Are there any plans for group+ content as enjoyable?

7. With such a limited selection of weapons, and with each weapon being available to anyone who wishes to use it, are there any plans for an 'epic' weapon type of quest line? Something that would literally take weeks to work for, if not longer, and not because of some silly wait X days or X levels mechanic but because you have to earn it.

8. Will we soon see more options for healing? Currently all healing is done exactly the same, (with the exception that Templars get BoL that some groups rely way to heavily on) there are options for tanking and how it is approached and there are options for dps and how it is approached but all healing is done the same.

Devs said initially that "getting good times on trial runs would take lots of practice to get times of 20-30 minutes", similar to when they said "It'll be a long time before we see someone crowned emperor" so it's obvious that dev's don't consider what players will actually do.
    Two part question:
    9. a. How are you adjusting for this? When new content is designed is it with the mindset "Well a DK can mitigate X damage so this ability needs to do X+Y damage." - "Players with CS builds are doing X dps so this mob needs to have health to compensate." - "Players are stacking and burning this stuff, so lets just throw in a mechanic that prevents stacking." Wait, that one is obviously already done.
    b. How do you plan to keep in balance that some people heal with classes that aren't Templars, some of us tank with nightblades, sorcs or templars and we're not all DK tanks. Hell some people even attempt to dps as Temps.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kraven wrote: »
    1. Sorcerer pets may be horrid atm and spell crafting has confirmed other summoned pets. Do any of these include stamina based pet lines?

@Kraven Those are Familiars or Summoned Creatures, not pets.

Pets are vanity creatures such as the monkey, mudcrab or Dwemer Sphere, who do nothing but follow you.

People need to differenciate between pets and familiars, don't use the same term for both.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • mar9pats
    mar9pats
    Soul Shriven
    Hey everytime i try to login to my downloader it says an access code has been sent to my email but everytime i check its not there
    Options
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pets are vanity creatures such as the monkey, mudcrab or Dwemer Sphere, who do nothing but follow you.

People need to differenciate between pets and familiars, don't use the same term for both.

Combat pets, then. Vanity doesn't count for anything as they're useless and simple vanity items. Pet classes have existed in games for decades I don't really care whether or not you like the terminology. Combat pets, mage pets, undead pets, elemental pets, ranger pets, or whatever are not the same as vanity fluff.

Dwemer sphere, dwemer spider, monkey, mudcrab, pig, or ice *** are all vanity fluff. Regardless, the topic is the AuA, I asked my questions.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Combat pets, then. Vanity doesn't count for anything as they're useless and simple vanity items. Pet classes have existed in games for decades I don't really care whether or not you like the terminology. Combat pets, mage pets, undead pets, elemental pets, ranger pets, or whatever are not the same as vanity fluff.

Dwemer sphere, dwemer spider, monkey, mudcrab, pig, or ice *** are all vanity fluff. Regardless, the topic is the AuA, I asked my questions.

No.. NOT PETS. They are SUMMONED DAEDRA who according to lore will turn on you the minute you let your guard down. (Divines help me, I am agreeing with @AlexDougherty). Kraven you are agreeing when you put the word "vanity" and "summoned" in front of "pets". Just call them the right names, "familiars" vs "pets".
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

No.. NOT PETS. They are SUMMONED DAEDRA who according to lore will turn on you the minute you let your guard down. (Divines help me, I am agreeing with @AlexDougherty). Kraven you are agreeing when you put the word "vanity" and "summoned" in front of "pets". Just call them the right names, "familiars" vs "pets".
    That distinction only works in TES lore. In MMOs in general, creatures that follow the character around are all called pets, and the MMO distinction between type is combat pets vs vanity pets. People who come from MMOs will call them pets because that is MMO standard, and there is nothing wrong with that terminology.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    That distinction only works in TES lore. In MMOs in general, creatures that follow the character around are all called pets, and the MMO distinction between type is combat pets vs vanity pets. People who come from MMOs will call them pets because that is MMO standard, and there is nothing wrong with that terminology.

My (bear, sabre, eagle) familiars in Lotro would be highly incensed to read your travesty of the distinction. As would the NPCs I charmed in EQ with my druid and chanter. (On the other hand, my turtle, fox, bird and snake would love you.) By your definition, our horses are pets. (summoned and their tails "follow" us around when we ride them.)
    Edited by Darlgon on 16 December 2014 18:17
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My (bear, sabre, eagle) familiars in Lotro would be highly incensed to read your travesty of the distinction. As would the NPCs I charmed in EQ with my druid and chanter. (On the other hand, my turtle, fox, bird and snake would love you.) By your definition, our horses are pets. (summoned and their tails "follow" us around when we ride them.)
    Would that be the familiars listed here as "combat pets"? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    I did say creatures; therefore NPCs don't count.
    If you're riding something then it's not following you around :grin:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Goldenjaguar_ESO
    Are you going to put a proper guild search function in?
    How about a /who function for players?
    Any plans for adding traditional mage spells like lightning bolt, fireball, or ice bolt?
    Options
  • meg1972
    meg1972
    ✭✭✭
    How about making it visible, when you get money from the Things you sold in Guild-store, what it was and who bought it?

And maybe unique crafting-Quests in guilds? For example a black board:
    "I want this and this and I offer this and that." Than people do not depend on who is online at the same time so much.
    Options
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Developers, share information about future innovations in the game, in addition to already announced and developed?
    Everyone is waiting thieves guild and dark brotherhood. And will the Morag Tong, Temple and other factions? Telvanni, Hlaalu, Redoran? Vvardenfell, Solstheim and other locations, maybe someday Akavir?
    Options
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever considered adding system to the game, that'll allow us to re-craft equipment to different styles?
    When can we look forward to see a new animated login screen ?
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
    Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will Lover's Lab type content be added? I'm only joking, well slightly anyway =P.

Seriously though, will you ever provide the ability for crafters to re-trait crafted or set items? This would empower us to make use of soooooo many useful sets that exist today that many of us won't touch because the trait is so lousy.
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mar9pats wrote: »
    Hey everytime i try to login to my downloader it says an access code has been sent to my email but everytime i check its not there

@mar9pats‌ did you check your spam folder? the mail might be there.
    Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    Can you give us more specifics or even a taste on what class skills are being changed (like reflective scales) and are any class skills, if any,being added?
    Edited by Milf_Hero on 17 December 2014 01:56
    You name it, and ill kill it.
    Options
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    Pets Really??

New mounts??

Ya these are problems.

Here is a question.

ZOS Are you going to take action against the laggers from EP? whole groups purposely lagging server cause they cant beat people the real way!!

Just wondering if any action would be taken or are you gonna loose hundreds of subs due to cheating and exploiting? Is that what you want this game to be?? Ruled by exploiters?
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Except when you get people asking why a crafted set doesn't give a boost to their pets (vanity pets not familiars, there was a thread about this). Which is why I said we need to keep them seperate.

But fair point about it being a general MMO term.

Hey, I do make some good points, admittedly not about enchanting, but I do try to be fair.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the current/future balance of class/weapon abilities in terms of DPS based on numbers with or without animation cancelling factored in?
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    Audigy wrote: »
    [...]
    2. Any chance that you add mantle support for ESO?
    [...]

They already tried to implement mantles, I.e. they created some models, but they had to realize that mantles of sufficent graphical quality take up far too much prossecing power, (they managed to have a total of two mantles on-screen at once). They'd love to do it but it's currently not technically possible.

Staed by one of the devs at the guild summit.

Can you provide the time-stamp for this please?

@eventide03b14a_ESO‌ It starts at 1:17:10
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    [...]
    2. Any chance that you add mantle support for ESO?
    [...]

They already tried to implement mantles, I.e. they created some models, but they had to realize that mantles of sufficent graphical quality take up far too much prossecing power, (they managed to have a total of two mantles on-screen at once). They'd love to do it but it's currently not technically possible.

Staed by one of the devs at the guild summit.

Can you provide the time-stamp for this please?

@eventide03b14a_ESO‌ It starts at 1:17:10
    What are mantles?
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mantle is similar to a cape or shawl.

What about adding the experience changed from vet to levels 1-49 leaving within 5 levels the same but below that 5th level giving 1 exp point per enemy and the remote possibility of some loot?

With the introduction of the crafting system, it's even harder for those of us who are completionists to not overlevel. I find it very frustrating to have all content quests white and gain no exp from enemies at all. Even one point would help my morale and encourage me to keep playing those characters.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly HOW is the Justice System going to affect vampires and werewolves? WILL vampires be KOS to guards at Stage 4? WILL there be any changes to the Stage timers to account for the affects of the Justice System on vampires? WILL there be a way to disguise vampirism? WILL transformed werewolves be KOS to guards? How long will their "heat" last after they transform back to human?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • superquadockyb14_ESO
    Will we be able to make fatter Argonians in the future? Its important to know as they are always so thin.
    Options
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Exactly HOW is the Justice System going to affect vampires and werewolves? WILL vampires be KOS to guards at Stage 4? WILL there be any changes to the Stage timers to account for the affects of the Justice System on vampires? WILL there be a way to disguise vampirism? WILL transformed werewolves be KOS to guards? How long will their "heat" last after they transform back to human?

Exactly HOW many times you are going to spam forums with same idiotic question? Jess already said you are wrong so maybe its time to shut up?

ZOS_JessicaFolsom admin
    December 15 Staff Post

MornaBaine wrote: »
    So it's been confirmed that vampires in Stage 4 will be considered "criminals" once the Justice System is implemented.

Confirmed where? And when? We're still working out the details of how the Justice System will impact werewolf and vampire players.

Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questions:
    • What are the specific combat animations that your changing?
    • Is it going to be more weapon stances or light and heavy get different movements?
    • Ex. Like how with one hand I use a mace but I am stabbing with it. Are you going to change it so that it is not that.
    • Are we going to get an example of the combat animation changes in this next eso live?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.