Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• dbh.bsenb14_ESO
    dbh.bsenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Try this again, can we get a topic on quest aware companions? Fundamentally there are two major issues:
    1. is that players are not equal by skill, connection, etc.
    2. Groups are difficult to find and maintain - wasted time.

These two issues likely account for >50% of player frustration in ESO.

We need to discuss not only what quest aware toons can do in ESO but under what guidelines and new system modules to support them.
  • dbh.bsenb14_ESO
    dbh.bsenb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Quest aware companion toons use resources (reference modded Skyrim)
    Unlike simple combat toons that are nearly unlimited on a simple platform, even a high end machine can only support 5 or so quest aware toons and remain stable. This is mainly due to overload of the dialog engine and to some degree the advanced behaviors and body language. How to move this simulated intelligence around in an MMO and make it "feel" real is not a trivial task!

A new module or set of modules is needed to support quest aware companions with a priority to maintain zone stability. Tracking these advanced characters is critical to avoid zone instability and I propose "I have a few things to do, I'll catch up with you later" when the system sees a potential issue. Sorry folks you may not be able to sport your new friend everywhere.

• Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was having an interesting conversation the other day about Emotes....

Based on the 'GuarSpank' when you sprint on a Guar... could we have a 'GuarSpank Emote? Or even just a 'spank' emote? ;)

It was agreed that this would give hours & hours of fun & games... practically taking everybodies minds off new content.... & you already have the animation in there from the Guar riding! :D
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    i want a follower system with hireables but generic names please 45% of 100 people want this according to my poll so its a half and half thing whatdo you guys think about think will it every be added ?

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Three questions:

1. Have you Identified the reason for Lag in PvP ?
    2. If yes to Question 1. what are you actively doing about it and when will we get a fix for it?
    3. When will you turn attention to both PvP and Solo Content?[/quot
    Flaminir wrote: »
    I was having an interesting conversation the other day about Emotes....

Based on the 'GuarSpank' when you sprint on a Guar... could we have a 'GuarSpank Emote? Or even just a 'spank' emote? ;)

It was agreed that this would give hours & hours of fun & games... practically taking everybodies minds off new content.... & you already have the animation in there from the Guar riding! :D

h'what

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Cupp21
    Cupp21
    At what time will the servers go live on June 9th for consoles?

Thanks!
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    For people that have done/paid for the console transfer, will there be a "Early Access" for us? Say maybe a few days before the official launch on the 9th?
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thought on toning down all around damage? Right now damage in this game is crazy high when compared to Health pools.
  • Aldarenn
    Aldarenn
    ✭✭✭
    1. Why does the console version not have a text box like PC?
    2. There has been official data of experience potions found in the game, and a description indicates that there will still be Veteran Ranks. Do you still intend on getting rid of these and when can we expect these to be out of Tamriel forever?
    Templar - Noel Kreiss - DC
    Dragonknight - Formerly known as Brother Martin now Lunafreya Nox Fleuret - DC
    Dragonknight - Snow Villiers - EP
    Sorcerer - Formerly known as The Last Dragonborn now Arata Sanada - EP
    Nightblade - Yuugo Kamishiro - EP
    Templar - Yuuko Kamishiro - EP
    Sorcerer - Ravus Nox Fleuret - EP
    Templar - Hirose Kouta - EP
    PC NA

Imperator Rebelliun
    Nexus

揃ったw
    お!
    ふぁいと!
    Zaxon
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since player harassment of other players that goes beyond troll-like chat that can be ignored with the /ignore function, where players will follow other players around spamming spells and jumping up and down in their faces and essentially trying to disrupt or distract from their gameplay IS a problem is ESO, will you consider expanding the /ignore function so that when you use it on another player they are removed visually from your sight? This is actually a feature in some other games and should become the standard in AAA title MMOs so that GM's can focus on gameplay issues rather than behavioral problems of other players. Please comment.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldarenn wrote: »
    1. Why does the console version not have a text box like PC?
    2. There has been official data of experience potions found in the game, and a description indicates that there will still be Veteran Ranks. Do you still intend on getting rid of these and when can we expect these to be out of Tamriel forever?

They mentioned in the last ESO live episode (a few weeks ago) that they are still actively working on removing VR, but there is still no ETA.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will we see datamined Ordiantor costumes?
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawk269 wrote: »
    For people that have done/paid for the console transfer, will there be a "Early Access" for us? Say maybe a few days before the official launch on the 9th?

Yeah this because it benefits you guys to slowly bring it online while we start to test how stable it is.
    And its good for us to get a head start so yeah id love to see this answered.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next time the Loremaster is on ESO Love can you ask him....

Does it snow in Daggerfall? If Yes then what celebrations and traditions do they do?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Nahz
    Nahz
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning,

Will sorcerer's who use the gamepads on consoles (and potentially PCs if controller support is introduced) be able to command their summoned pets, or will the pets act entirely through their AI? Currently, we hold Y and right-click to command them to engage and left-click to command them to disengage (according to default key maps).

I had asked this question during the last episode of ESO Live, but I think there was some confusion as the guest demonstrated how to use toggle skills instead.

I understand that incorporating this on the gamepad would be difficult as there simply are not many buttons to utilize; and this feature may have been left out due to oversight, or the high demand for button real estate. The ability to control these pets is entirely necessary, especially when facing groups of enemies; otherwise they may not focus on the same target, thus decreasing their usefulness is those types of encounters. The pets lack AOE utility, so focusing them on one target is necessary to make them effective.

A potential alternative to assigning a gamepad button to perform the function of the Y-key would be to program the pet AI to target enemies that are under the effect of the Daedric Prey curse (and maybe the default/alternate morph of that skill as well). I would be hesitant to have the pets automatically target the enemies affected by Daedric Curse and Velocious Curse, as some players may use the pets to distract secondary enemies while the player uses burst damage to bring down the primary target.

In addition, I had a question regarding the default summon familiar skill, and the volatile familiar morph. What would your thoughts be on removing or reducing the casting time for those two skills? I understand the casting time was introduced as a means of countering the healing feature of the clannfear pet. That healing feature, coupled with the tail swipe attack, makes the clannfear a popular morph. Removing/reducing the casting time for the other two versions of that skill would add to their utility.

See you next Friday!
    Nahz - VR16 Sorcerer
    Paragon of Togglemancer Excellence
    Daggerfall Covenant | Trueflame NA PC

#SeeYouInCU
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the lag in Cyrodil ever get fixed?

Or will ZoS instead focus on smaller-scale structured PvP such as Battle Grounds and Arenas?
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know if you all have ideas for housing.
    Argonians always and forever.
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    Another Console Question:

For those that signed up & paid for the character transfer for Console, when will the transfer take place? I am just wondering how much time I have to save resources, gold etc. before the copy/transfer happens.
  • Waffles_The_Great
    Will we ever know who our characters were before our soul was stolen?

If I am an altmer in DC why do they like and trust me? don't they think I am a AD spy?
    “Why can’t I just eat my waffle.” -- Barack Obama
    <Waffles> V16 Wood elf Nightblade
    <Omelettes> v15 Imperial Templar
    <Cereal N Milk> v16 Breton Templar
    <Bacon N Eggs> v5 High elf Sorcerer
    <Bagels N Creamcheese> v9 Dark elf DragonKnight
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever know who our characters were before our soul was stolen?

If I am an altmer in DC why do they like and trust me? don't they think I am a AD spy?

There are lots of Altmer in the Covenant...
  • TheGOHgamer
    TheGOHgamer
    ✭✭
    For those who are not eligible for the discounted character transfer, will there ever be a separate character transfer option for those people from the online store? Of course it does not have to be discounted and we would have to pay full price for the console version on top, but it's definitely something people would pay for, to have the option to transfer at a later date at their own convenience.

Also when are you going to fix the bug that removes player costumes as soon as they begin a fight or start a dungeon? This is especially annoying for those who paid for permanent costumes via the crown store only to have it disappear constantly while playing the game only to have you re-equip it even though it says it's active. Please, I don't even use the costumes anymore because it's a pain to constantly de-activate and re-activate.
    Edited by TheGOHgamer on 2 May 2015 11:42
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade Cloak - I noticed that when leveling up this ability, none of the ranks actually seem to do anything (no duration change, no cost change, no damage change, no anything).

This is the only ability that I know of that exhibits no change from Ranks I-IV or even after morphing the ability (I chose Quick Cloak).

Is this intended?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/168713/blade-cloak-do-the-ranks-actually-do-anything#latest
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why it's said that it's too difficult to balance the racials. The formula seems simple to me: meaningful resource boosts + racial fluff for uniqueness (like increased swim speed or run speed) = balanced racials + no complaining. No one would be complaining about the Argonian racials (or any other racials for that matter) if they had a 10% boost (or something comparable) to either stamina or magicka or both (if you're feeling really generious. After all, Imperial gets a 10% boost to stamina and 12% boost to health. WHAT!?! That's crazy!).

So why not follow my formula for ESO racial harmony? (meaningful resource boost to magicka or stamina + racial fluff = racial balance + no complaining)

Racial harmony may never be achieved in the real world, but it can be achieved in Tamriel. Just follow my simple formula.
    Edited by Junkogen on 2 May 2015 21:46
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to other races that get maximum resource boosts to stamina or magicka, making them the most popular races in the game, Argonians get nothing besides an insulting 3% boost to health. Why is that? Why have Argonian racials gotten nerfed or remained the same despite their obvious inferiority and utter lack of utility?

Similarly, why have other races received huge boosts to their racial abilities, while nothing has been done for Argonians?

What's with the institutionalized racism against Argonians among the developers?
    Edited by Junkogen on 4 May 2015 17:02
  • Khydan
    Khydan
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans going forward to incorporate nature-based spells, much like what the Wyresses or many Bosmer use, in the game? If so, what kinds of spells can we expect? Thanks for your time!
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when are you going to address the boring drawn out veteran grind reducing exp needed to normal bearable levels or removal of vr ranks? because vr grind is the biggest killer of your endgame and player base 14 mil exp worth of being told your not high enough level for anything fun or meaning full is wack...

fix the ground near water in cyrodil the amount of times i get locked to the ground because of some weird bear trap of oblivion in mid battle unable to escape unless i relog or /stuck my way out of a heated battle because of this glitch.

more crafting options like that one said add a model slider and add in those tier 5 versions of weapons and some shield and weapon dying.

mini games dear god give us cards, horse races, archery contests, hunting for sport rather than meat , events for the love of god events!!!
  • Nahz
    Nahz
    ✭✭✭
    A few more questions regarding sorcerer pets!

Would you be able to confirm whether or not the summoned pets are able to take advantage of sorcerer passives like disintegrate; or are they only affected by Daedric Prey, Empowering Ward, and the sorcerer's magicka? Are there any stats/skills other than those three which affect them?

Also, has there been any discussion about expanding upon a sorcerer's ability to command his/her pets? For example, what are your thoughts on allowing sorcerers to activate their pets' abilities at the cost of the sorcerer's magicka (e.g., pressing the Y-key + the key associated with the summon clannfear toggle would consume [X] magicka and command the clannfear to use a charging attack)?
    Nahz - VR16 Sorcerer
    Paragon of Togglemancer Excellence
    Daggerfall Covenant | Trueflame NA PC

#SeeYouInCU
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nahz wrote: »
    A few more questions regarding sorcerer pets!

Would you be able to confirm whether or not the summoned pets are able to take advantage of sorcerer passives like disintegrate; or are they only affected by Daedric Prey, Empowering Ward, and the sorcerer's magicka? Are there any stats/skills other than those three which affect them?

Also, has there been any discussion about expanding upon a sorcerer's ability to command his/her pets? For example, what are your thoughts on allowing sorcerers to activate their pets' abilities at the cost of the sorcerer's magicka (e.g., pressing the Y-key + the key associated with the summon clannfear toggle would consume [X] magicka and command the clannfear to use a charging attack)?

curious on pet control for ps4 and xbox.... how?
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you consider giving players a "hide costumes" option. That is, other players' costumes as well as your own.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
This discussion has been closed.