Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Question:

1. Valkyn/Nerienth Monster sets scale only of Spelldmg/Spellcrit, why does it not scale also of Weapondmg/Weaponcrit? Is it intended to work like this or does it need to be fixed?
    2. Caltrops does not stack in PvE, every other skill does, will you fix it or is it supposed to work like that?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to change the scoring or mechanics of VDSA since the current meta for getting a leaderboard quality score seems to be solely about speed.

This has lead to most top groups ignoring almost all mechanics, and just stacking everything in a huge AOE spam! And with dps numbers as high as they are (13K+ as an argonian NB healer), the final boss fight has become laughable since you can burn him fast enough to cause him not to trigger fire phases.
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the state of cyrodiil's latency issues. What solutions are currently explored.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The lack of meaningful resistances and weaknesses to elements and attack styles makes combat quite repetitive. A dwemer spider, a fire atronach and a giant snake will react identically to most attacks.
    Have you considered improving the damage mitigation system to reward players for adapting to their opponent instead of always using the same ability?
    For exemple, frost atronachs should be immune to frost damage but vulnerable to fire.
    Wololo.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    The lack of meaningful resistances and weaknesses to elements and attack styles makes combat quite repetitive. A dwemer spider, a fire atronach and a giant snake will react identically to most attacks.
    Have you considered improving the damage mitigation system to reward players for adapting to their opponent instead of always using the same ability?
    For exemple, frost atronachs should be immune to frost damage but vulnerable to fire.

Doesn't it already do this? I just perhaps to the extent it should be. It even talks about it in the death recap at times.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • ZaCormyr
    ZaCormyr
    Will we see any increase of skills and passives? This is a bottleneck in the game and it's a shame because planning your skill point usages and testing new builds should be one of the most fun parts of the game. It's currently one of my least favourite parts of the game because there just aren't many options. I believe the amount of skills available in Guild Wars 1 was a huge reason that game was played for so long. I know that is why I played it for more then a month.

More skills and passives please? Feed the addiction! Let us properly plan builds like the game is already setup to do! Take the chains off which are holding this game down!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the Love of Mara, PLEASE address:
    1). Guild Management Tools and/or Trader Kiosk Problems (i.e. A cancel option for accidental bids). NO to A.H.!
    2). ETA of New Content. ( And not console release %#@*, but for game as is and for the P.C. core base that has paid in blood, sweat & cash the past year).
    3). Freezing, crashing and eternal load screens.
    4).ETA of Update 2.1?
    5). On a fun bit, please bring back Lore Master Lawrence!! Maybe add him each show for just a 5 minute lore/pronunciation segment? That would be great!
    6). PLEASE, as you have stated this before, say it again: " There are no plans to ever implement a Auction House System.

Thank You all for all the hard work you do, but By the Divines, give the current player base some love. some of us have over 2,000 hours in this most awesome game, so please stop totally ignoring us about the issues NOW, not what's going to happen June 9th.
    Thank You! Huzzah!
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on 8 May 2015 18:54
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sooooo how's that whole console thing going for you then? Almost wrapped up?

Not that I will ever play on console but the sooner it's done then the sooner you can all get back to working on content and systems for all of your players - the PC players are feeling pretty lonely and a tad forgotten right now.

Wen (aka Santie Claws)

Completely Agree!
    Huzzah!
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

• Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭

Would greatly appreciate any answers or thoughts from ZOS on the questions below, if possible. Thank you.

1. Any updates on when we can expect a barber shop, character editor, race change?

2. Would you ever consider holding an event for fans and ZOS to interact, like a "ESOCON"

3. Would you consider adding costumes that are based on the outfits from the ESO cinematic trailer? (Nord, Breton, Altmer characters).

4. Is there any cross faction content planned? (Outside of Cyrodil) Would love to be able to team up with other alliance members for instanced dungeons, possibly fighting a common enemy like Daedra.

Thanks again.
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    I have two question about PVP.

1) In PVP if you lose all three resources around a keep, it creates a break in the port line. Unfortunately you can still death port to the keep. Have you thought about making it so that if a keep losses all of three resources it would be considered burst, that way people cannot make a quick death port to the keep. I think this would add another exciting element to PVP.

2) Have you considered creating some PVP campaigns on the PST that would be used to test new ideas, like point system, new siege, or NPC levels. It could just be open for a week or less, and it could be like "This week we are testing out a new point system, join us on PST and give feedback." I would join for the week, and it would help you get some much need feedback from PVPers.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you give us any kind of timeline when we might start to see dlc's after console release, and can you confirm that ESO+ players will not have to spend crowns for dlc's ? Thanks
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not new, but these are my questions...
    • What is the state of Champion System phase 4 and Veteran Rank removal?
    • What can you tell is about Update 2.1 at this time?
    • Is the LFG tool in PC/Mac broken, as widely claimed? Is the console LFG improved, other than UI?
    • Date set for the PC->Console transfer yet?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any feedback on sorcerer class changes?

Also, are there any plans to change the werewolf so it is less of a requirement for the stamina regen passive and to make the transformation more viable in end game content?
    Edited by CP5 on 8 May 2015 16:35
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I steal an item I like to turn it over for profit, cause you know.... I'm a thief. However when I steal and launder a clothing item, such as a tunic, I cannot sell this item in a guild store while I can sell a multitude of other stolen properties. Was this intended? If so for what purpose?
    The RP community seems to like these clothes, and I seem to have a proclivity towards gold.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many times should we re-post a question before we're certain it never will be answered? :p

Anyway: can we have an option to hide costumes/disguises of other players the way we can hide the helmets on our own characters?
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    How many times should we re-post a question before we're certain it never will be answered? :p

Anyway: can we have an option to hide costumes/disguises of other players the way we can hide the helmets on our own characters?

That brings up a good question. When looking for questions to answer, do you look at the whole thread, or just the posts since the last episode? Because if it's the whole thread... then maybe people could quit posting the same questions. :smiley:
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question:
    Are there or could there be any thought on adding holidays and celebrations to ESO? There are 54 Tamrielic Holidays according to Imperial Lore, so there are more than enough to choose from and it would make Tamriel a little more fun for everyone, RP'ers and Non RP'ers alike.
    Thank you for a great job and a great show!
    Huzzah!
    P.S. #Loremater Segment Please!!
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    ✭✭✭
    Bobcat wrote: »
    Greetings,

As a roleplayer and fan of the Elder Scrolls, I must confess I feel strongly disappointed whenever I find myself facing a locked door after having completed one of the quests in the game. Let me explain.

We can find several types of environment in the game: public dungeons, group dungeons, taverns, houses, outdoor zones, countless ruins, not to mention a few planes of Oblivion and so on and so forth.

Being a roleplayer (that is, a player who practices roleplay, or RP), as I mentioned above, I love to go out exploring in roleplay after I have completed the quests, so that I am not bothered by phasing and I can just follow my own imagination rather than being constrained by the quests and the gameplay (there is a huge difference between “roleplay” and “gameplay”, but that’s a whole different debate).

I also happen to be the Game Master of an RP guild which organizes roleplay based on adventure and exploration (in a sort of Indiana Jones style, but adapted to the Elder Scrolls universe). In order to do that, I need to have access to locations I can use to create roleplay events.

At the moment, the best location I have found in the Aldmeri Dominion (which is where I play), is a Khajiti ruin in Khenarthi’s Roost. It’s an absolutely ideal environment for adventure RP, because there are no enemy NPCs. As a result, one can easily play with emotes using /e and /s (traditional roleplayers like me use the chat channels more than their gameplay skills), and it’s pure heaven! Narrative emotes flow in abundance, as do player reactions, and not a single time are we bothered by the spawning and re-spawning of hostile NPCs coming to spoil our fun and to interrupt the impetus of our writing.

Throughout the rest of the game, there are numerous areas which could be like that. Areas with a gameplay quest to be completed, which unfortunately become inaccessible after said quest has been completed.

These areas hold no interest whatsoever for PvE players, and much less of course for PvP players, but they could represent so much for RPers! They could give them so many possibilities! I don’t think it should be too difficult to reprogram these zones to be unlocked once their quests are completed and the area has been cleared of all mobs. And it’s a much more modest request than, for example, the one of introducing a PvP campaign tagged [RP].

All it takes is to unlock these areas in order to allow roleplayers like me to return there and to enjoy the game through this very immersive and often too criticized form of gaming that is roleplay.

Of course we are not as numerous as PvE or PvP players. We are a very modest community compared to these two other types of players which constitute the “priority” for the developers of a videogame. But we also would like for our opinions to be taken in due consideration.

I am not asking for a new high-level PvE zone, I am not asking for a more challenging PvP, I am only asking to unlock certain locations which are currently locked in-game in order to peacefully conduct our roleplay there, with fun and good humor.

This is a translation from that original thread in french : Ouvrir les zones verrouillés post-quête made by Feynn after me in the TESO-RP forum Community. Here the thread : Open "one-used" areas

I bearly know how ask this in one question ^^ So, this is it, will you, or not, open those "one-shoot maps" for Roleplayers ? If not, why ?
    RolePlay and Fun (parce que "Peace and Love" c'est trop bisounours kikoolol)
    ""Ce n'est pas le RP qui est un support au MMO mais le MMO qui est un support du RP."
    "Dans les situations dangereuses, si on n'a pas peur pour son perso c'est qu'on n'est pas assez investit."
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are new forums going to made for guild advertising be done for PS4 and Xbox and when will it be available? A lot of folks are looking for console guilds already.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Jasli
    Jasli
    ✭✭✭
    What are the actual drop rates for the rare sets such as relics of the rebellion, thorns etc.?
    Thanks
  • bell.weather122rwb17_ESO
    minority of your player getting slow loading of npc , object and monster in game. are you guys going to address this issue ?
  • Joyeuse
    Joyeuse
    Soul Shriven
    Please let us access the body & face modification sliders after character gen. Lots of MMOs do that, and there's lots of stuff you notice about your character later on that you want to change (chin too wide, etc) that can bother you enough to want to either remake the toon entirely or just quit.
  • JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    Are Wolf pets going to be added to the crownstore?
    If so when are Wolf pets going to be added to the crownstore?
    And are direwolfs going to be added to the crownstore?
  • JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    Since the addition of the extra 10% experience for subscribers I've found that I've been over leveled for all zones. Would it be able to add an option to turn the extra 10% experience gain of, or even better choose to get a few extra crowns instead? I find it's a lot les fun to play the game when over leveled. I now solo almost all world bosses and group dungeons in a zone.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JBsnow404 wrote: »
    Since the addition of the extra 10% experience for subscribers I've found that I've been over leveled for all zones. Would it be able to add an option to turn the extra 10% experience gain of, or even better choose to get a few extra crowns instead? I find it's a lot les fun to play the game when over leveled. I now solo almost all world bosses and group dungeons in a zone.

Personally, I find it annoying that I now outlevel my own racial passives. : /
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    having to deconstruct thousands of items every week, can we have option 'mark item as non-deconstractable/important' to avoid certain items in your bank/inventory to be protected by accidental deconstruction?
    or there should be 'special' bag area where to put important items e.g. cool looking armors/weapons, set items of your choice etc, where items in this bag would not constantly show up upon items deconstructions/trait research thus wasting time, and ,unavoidably, leading to 'accidental deconstructions'.
  • JerryAlder
    JerryAlder
    ✭✭
    Hi!

I absolutely love the game since coming back to the lauch of ESOTU after a break. I also enjoy playing my character "Shasoud-Dar", a khajiit nightblade. Only concern I have right now is that my character is not capable for competetive pvp or pve because of racial passives. Since the soft caps have been removed the races with worse passives got nerfed hard. I have heard some rumours that a character change might be available at some point. The thing is I don't want to change from khajiit. He is named as a khajiit and even though I'm not a hardcore role player it's still an aspect in the game for me but still the main focus in the game is performance. Do you have any intents to balance the races in the near future or decrease their affect.

Greetings

JerryAlder
  • hmr13.76preeb18_ESO
    1.You forgot about solo players ? Why not very hard to solo dungeons (only 14 veterans and let the player count only on themselves and not the group!) 2. Enough mounts and other Pets ? (Already a zoo) 3. Don't need more colors please and painting weapons ( lost quality style and style Scrolls)--Already a game similar to circus circus...even clowns ! And don't you think that you are BLATANTLY FORCED to go play in the Pvp zone, Pve players, creating new content in the Imperial city PvP zone,given that as I understand it will be available only to players who pay money (ESO membership) receive for the money , that you don't like?! 4. You lied when you said that the dark anchors you can get some REALLY valuable things ? (by the way rare disguise I'm in the dark anchors I didn't see, shut a solo about 1000 anchors 10 veteran )
  • hmr13.76preeb18_ESO
    JBsnow404 wrote: »
    Good players have always done,not only now, when the game became ugly light.

• randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before Coldharbor and becoming a Soul Shriven where does Cadwell originally (in Tamerial) come from? Like see more back story to him!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
This discussion has been closed.