Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Impulse nerfed so bad

Drexz
Drexz
✭✭
Please revert the change to Impluse. It is completely useless now. I keep getting killed because I run out of magicka before I even do 80% damage. Impulse is completely useless now. It was a really fun way to solo, now I'm stuck and can't do anything.
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have morphed version of impulse called pulsar and it still has the old magicka value. lol
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drexz wrote: »
    Please revert the change to Impluse. It is completely useless now. I keep getting killed because I run out of magicka before I even do 80% damage. Impulse is completely useless now. It was a really fun way to solo, now I'm stuck and can't do anything.

Not patched yet, but some questions;

-what level are you
    -what class are you
    -what armor are you wearing (light/heavy etc)?

• Drexz
    Drexz
    ✭✭
    Mine is morphed also, but it's almost double the magicka.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.

Enjoying success requires the ability to adapt. Only by being open to change will you have a true opportunity to get the most from your talent.

• Drexz
    Drexz
    ✭✭
    @Yankee V7 Sorcerer. with V4-7 armor. It's an obvious HUGE change. I can't even take on a single mob now. I run out of magicka and they still have 20% or more health.
  • Drexz
    Drexz
    ✭✭
    Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.

Enjoying success requires the ability to adapt. Only by being open to change will you have a true opportunity to get the most from your talent.

Take that back to your boss at work. That doesn't fly with functionality. Ever heard the phrase, if it ain't broken?

Why should gamers have to change a play style that works for them and they enjoy? Remember, we're paying to play, we're not getting paid.
    Edited by Drexz on 22 May 2014 21:43
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Yankee V7 Sorcerer. with V4-7 armor. It's an obvious HUGE change. I can't even take on a single mob now. I run out of magicka and they still have 20% or more health.

Thanks, are you running all light armor with passives?

If so, I can see a build change coming when I get in the game lol. At least for my AoE bar. Oh well, was getting bored with that bar anyway.

Edited by Yankee on 22 May 2014 21:43
  • Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    I love the change no more roflaoestomp
    The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    Welp. Time to ditch this skill. Adapt to change = stop using things that have been nerfed into uselessness. Yep!
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭

So....now you're in line with Nightblades ;)
  • Drexz
    Drexz
    ✭✭
    Yankee wrote: »

If so, I can see a build change coming when I get in the game lol.

Yep all light, with all passives to reduce magicka cost, etc. Nah, it's horrible. It needs to go back to what it was.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep all light, with all passives to reduce magicka cost, etc. Nah, it's horrible. It needs to go back to what it was.

what is the cost and what is your magicka pool?
  • Drexz
    Drexz
    ✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »

what is the cost and what is your magicka pool?

Cost is now like 248 or something and my pool is around 2100 with food - 5% for inner light. So I'm sitting at around 1950 or so. I only had to drop pots for boss fights and bad pulls. Now I have to do it every fight and I still get ***.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So with this change in place the AoE finally costs more magicka to cast than single-target skills, right?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cost is now like 248 or something and my pool is around 2100 with food - 5% for inner light. So I'm sitting at around 1950 or so. I only had to drop pots for boss fights and bad pulls. Now I have to do it every fight and I still get ***.

I agree, just died on three ghost because I can't make last round of frost ring.....

exactly how does ZOM think a sorc were to clear mobs with apparently no viable AoE at all?
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Try to use several buttons now.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElSlayer wrote: »

LOL, Sorc doesn't have any good AoE to begin with, then you only get 5 slots, and impulse-critical surge-inner light already take 3.....
  • Drexz
    Drexz
    ✭✭
    ElSlayer wrote: »

Not sure what your'e getting at, but if I understand correctly, I use all my buttons. That one just happens to be my finisher, which is now nothing more then a mass taunt.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I could do 2 mobs pretty easy with my single target bar. Thinking if I Rune Cage one of three and weapon swap then 3 mob pulls will be doable. Glad I saved 15 points not used.

More than three might be an issue.

Although I am only at VR4 in the VR5 zone. Long way to go.
    Edited by Yankee on 22 May 2014 22:00
  • TheJadeFist
    TheJadeFist
    ✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »

I agree, just died on three ghost because I can't make last round of frost ring.....

exactly how does ZOM think a sorc were to clear mobs with apparently no viable AoE at all?
    If you're a sorc you got other options.
    But as far as some one hoping that a destruction staff would be a reliable source of aoe this is a slap in the face, it already cost too much and didn't do enough damage (for solo content). Vet mobs just laugh at the damage, and you run out of mp, if you try to rely on it.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    V7 Sorcerer. with V4-7 armor. It's an obvious HUGE change. I can't even take on a single mob now. I run out of magicka and they still have 20% or more health.

Using Impulse on single targets? Thanks for unintentionally explaining to everyone but yourself why it was nerfed!
    Edited by vicNBitis on 22 May 2014 21:58
  • Drexz
    Drexz
    ✭✭
    vicNBitis wrote: »
    V7 Sorcerer. with V4-7 armor. It's an obvious HUGE change. I can't even take on a single mob now. I run out of magicka and they still have 20% or more health.

Using Impulse on single targets? Thanks for unintentionally explaining to everyone but yourself why it was nerfed!

Maybe instead of being a troll you can use your head. I was just giving an example of how bad it is, that you can't even survive a single target. What do you think that says about 2, 3 or more? I was taking on groups of 5 or 6 in public dungeons and now I can't even take out a single. Try again my friend.
    Edited by Drexz on 22 May 2014 22:00
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a sorc you got other options.
    But as far as some one hoping that a destruction staff would be a reliable source of aoe this is a slap in the face, it already cost too much and didn't do enough damage (for solo content). Vet mobs just laugh at the damage, and you run out of mp, if you try to rely on it.
    why not share with us the other "options"?
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As NB I try to feel your pain but it's not working... the concept of even having decent AOE fills me with jealousy... give me a set of 3/4mobs I can get to 80% with AOE spam and I'll harvest them real quick...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am sure there are builds for the normal 3 mob pulls besides Impulse. My guess is ZOS did not like people soloing public dungeons or AoEing down 8 vet mobs.

Not like I could do either one very well before the nerf though.
    Edited by Yankee on 22 May 2014 22:05
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe instead of being a troll you can use your head. I was just giving an example of how bad is, that you can't even survive a single target. What do you think that says about 2, 3 or more? I was taking on groups of 5 or 6 in public dungeons and now I can't even take out a single. Try again my friend.

Is shards not on one of your bars? Sorry if you thought it was a troll but I've seen way too many DKs and sorcerers spamming AOE on single targets. Heck, I did it with mine since it worked so well. That was the problem....

• crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure there are builds for the normal 3 mob pulls beside Impulse. My guess is ZOS did not like people soloing public dungeons or AoEing down 8 vet mobs.

Not like I could do either one before though.

that I can agree, ZOM is obviously nerfing all AoEs so people can group, but their grouping function is so bad... it may work if its like Diablo III, where you pick a quest from the list and get thrown in a group of players together.
  • Nightspectre

Stop Impulse spamming, it was never efficient before to just spam it. there are other abilities to use. I have a sorc i find it very hard to believe you fail on fighting 1 mob unless you are completely inept Are you inept? I would hope you have a better grasp to game mechanics at your level than that, so no i don't think you are.

Knee Jerk comments and over exaggerations to changes do not help
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop Impulse spamming, it was never efficient before to just spam it. there are other abilities to use. I have a sorc i find it very hard to believe you fail on fighting 1 mob unless you are completely inept Are you inept? I would hope you have a better grasp to game mechanics at your level than that, so no i don't think you are.

Knee Jerk comments and over exaggerations to changes do not help

tell us how to handle 3-5 VR mob with other skills, just enlighten us.
  • Drexz
    Drexz
    ✭✭
    Yes there are other abilities, yes, you I might try some I haven't. But of the many I have tried, this has been my favorite play style for solo. This is not a group only game. People should be able to reliably solo if they want to.