The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone else have a bully /kick you from a dungeon? (Screenshot)

marshill88
marshill88
✭✭✭✭
Well I knew it was bound to happen...I queue up for a 4 person dungeon to do undaunted quests and I get kicked before we even began. I've been doing dungeon queues only for about a week, and I've already had at least a couple dozen runs, everyone is so friendly and most runs have been smooth. I queue up as a healer, I'm a magcro and I have a pretty powerful heal build. I've gotten several compliments from BG's keeping my teammates alive. I'm not a pro healer, but I'm pretty decent. My entire build for this dungeon run is for heals, both bars are loaded with healing skills.

So the moment I enter the dungeon, I'm just snacking on my chips and salsa and I didn't even read the screen....one of the guys in there was immediately challenging me on my "build". This kind of thing has never happened to me before (I've read about it on the forums, but now I get to experience it).

My happy demeanor immediately changed and I decided this guy was giving me a judgmental audit.

Here is the entire conversation from the moment I entered the dungeon to the moment I was kicked, which was all of about 60 seconds. He didn't even let me go on a single fight.
I'm blacking out the names to protect players. My intent with this post is to just vent about one of those rude players you hear about who love to kick people who don't measure up to their stereotypes and presuppositions.

bratty-rper.png?width=963&height=613

I had waited a while for my dungeon run to start, so it was kind of disappointing to be booted like that. I wondered why other group members just "go along" when a know-it-all decides to kick someone. Funny, if I was in a group and someone was trying to kick a player for this, I'd probably start a vote to kick them instead. I like to stand up for the little guy, but that's just me.

I'm just venting, it feels better to come here and share my experiences sometimes. I understand this sort of thing is probably common place and it's all good, even though players who do this are pretty lame in my book.

• Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. A couple of times. Couse rush boss to bose in the dialy and some died.

Grow, laugh and keep going. [Snip]

[Edited for rude comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 11 May 2021 12:38
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed on your One Hand and Shield bar that you have Rapid Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Illustrious Healing - but those don't activate with a One Hand and Shield equipped. I'm not sure how you're effectively using those healing abilities on your front bar.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course as a healer you can build around health and being a little tanky. I play pvp healer and have to be like that and i solo heal vet trials on the char too lol. I say lol to the person with the comments about your build. Big ol loooooool.

Hope u don't get a timer after that kind of kick, im not sure how the system works. But i hope there is no timer.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if they kicked you because of your health, imagine how many kicks would happen if they could inspect gear.

Told them it's a bad idea.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »
    I noticed on your One Hand and Shield bar that you have Rapid Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Illustrious Healing - but those don't activate with a One Hand and Shield equipped. I'm not sure how you're effectively using those healing abilities on your front bar.

While true they aren't greyed out on the screenshot. 🤔
  • marshill88
    marshill88
    ✭✭✭✭

Ahh, yea, good catch. I had to edit my picture in photoshop for the text window. The chat window only resizes a small amount and I couldn't fit all the chat in one window so I had to splice 2 screenshots together to get all the chat.

Here you go (restoration staff). The other bar with the sword has some personal defense...defensive stance in particular, which is really helpful.
    screen2.png?width=656&height=613
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It totally depends on the content you were queing for. But if I see someone with with snb and 40k health qued as healer or DD on a vet dlc dungeon. I would probably kick you as well.

There are alot of dungeons where it doesn't really matter what you wear, but for the harder ones you are dead weight on such a build. Non of the necro heals scale with max health and snb doesent do anything for the group, besides healers should never be pure healing. Healers are always a mix of buffing, damage and healing.

The harder the content you que for the less tolerant people will be if you come with a RP build like yours.
    Edited by OlumoGarbag on 11 May 2021 07:50
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    You went to a dungeon on a PvP healer build. That will confuse a lot of hardcore PvE'ers.

In PvE, healers dont usually run 1h/shield - this belong on a tank.
    in PvE, you focus your attributes into Magicka as a healer. for a large magicka pool for higher heals.

You would have likely done alright in the dungeon, but a PvP heal build will not benefit the dungeon group as much as a PvE healer build. There are buffs and debuffs you should provide as a PvE healer. Likely your build is more self-defence (looking at your 1h/shield) and less about buffing the group.

While its uncool to kick someone before they have had a chance to even prove themselves... if it was a DLC vet dungeon, I can maybe understand their apprehension.

Have a look at some PvE healer builds/setups and get a feel for what might be doable for you. My best advise if to look at what you can offer the grop in terms of buffs/debuffs, not just healing. A dungeon is very different to a BG. The same builds don't excel in both places :)
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You went to a dungeon on a PvP healer build. That will confuse a lot of hardcore PvE'ers.

in PvE, you focus your attributes into Magicka as a healer. for a large magicka pool for higher heals.

You would have likely done alright in the dungeon, but a PvP heal build will not benefit the dungeon group as much as a PvE healer build. There are buffs and debuffs you should provide as a PvE healer. Likely your build is more self-defence (looking at your 1h/shield) and less about buffing the group.

While its uncool to kick someone before they have had a chance to even prove themselves... if it was a DLC vet dungeon, I can maybe understand their apprehension.

Have a look at some PvE healer builds/setups and get a feel for what might be doable for you. My best advise if to look at what you can offer the grop in terms of buffs/debuffs, not just healing. A dungeon is very different to a BG. The same builds don't excel in both places :)

And if switching gears and skills all the time sounds like a hassle then try out the Dressing Room add on.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1911-DressingRoomReborn.html
  • marshill88
    marshill88
    ✭✭✭✭

This makes some good sense, however I have been running exclusively vet dungeons for Undaunted because the normal ones are just so easy, its a bore. The vet dungeons have been so smooth. No issues with anyone. A couple times I had to resurrect the same players several times. My DPS is low, that I will say. There was one vet dungeon that was really tough, Lair of Malsalik (or something like that), the skills I am using would not work in that one due DPS issues..

Immediately after I was kicked, I requeued and blitzted a vet dungeon so while I agree with you in principle, the actual content of vet dungeons (I've done maybe 20 of them) are not difficult at all if all players know what they are doing. True, my build is for PVP but that doesn't make it futile in the vet dungeons I have seen. I do switch in some skills for PVE (from living death tree).

A very hard dungeon would require a precise build with little margin for error...sorry but the vet dungeons I have seen so far have huge margins...meaning players don't have to be precise with their builds and still have massive success running them.

Honestly, it's kind of sad to just power-run through a vet dungeon where a team wipe not only doesn't occur, but doesn't even come close to occurring. There's still several vet dungeons I haven't tried, so perhaps some of them will be tough.

But guys like this who boot players after a pre-run inspection are the Build Patrol...they are like school hallway monitors. No one wants some know-it-all to give them a build inspection on a quick undaunted 4 person dungeon run. Do the run, if its not working then you can kick. Its not even 20 minutes long.
    Edited by marshill88 on 11 May 2021 08:13
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You barely need a healer for most vet dungeons but I can understand it looks strange seeing a healer with tank amounts of health.

Last week I was doing vCOH2 pledge and one PVE dps with 35k health was ignore chat, kept killing the ghosts while barely producing any dps in moments where it was needed. We didnt kick him but its really annoying to have to wipe 3 times on the last boss because someone kills the ghosts and pushes the boss beneath 35%.

I can really understand people who are sick and tired of fake roles or PVP builds in PVE and vice versa.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, as long as a tank hold aggro and a healer throws out some heals, I couldn't care less for anything apart from the harder DLC dungeons.

I do check tank's health though, just so when I see a 19k health tank I know what I'm in for.
  • marshill88
    marshill88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Honestly, as long as a tank hold aggro and a healer throws out some heals, I couldn't care less for anything apart from the harder DLC dungeons.

I do check tank's health though, just so when I see a 19k health tank I know what I'm in for.

you know, silly question perhaps, but how do you check another players actual stat numbers?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    marshill88 wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »

you know, silly question perhaps, but how do you check another players actual stat numbers?

I just look at their health bar. I just have a glance at that, not an in-depth analysis or anything.
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes some good sense, however I have been running exclusively vet dungeons for Undaunted because the normal ones are just so easy, its a bore. The vet dungeons have been so smooth. No issues with anyone. A couple times I had to resurrect the same players several times. My DPS is low, that I will say. There was one vet dungeon that was really tough, Lair of Malsalik (or something like that), the skills I am using would not work in that one due DPS issues..

Immediately after I was kicked, I requeued and blitzted a vet dungeon so while I agree with you in principle, the actual content of vet dungeons (I've done maybe 20 of them) are not difficult at all if all players know what they are doing. True, my build is for PVP but that doesn't make it futile in the vet dungeons I have seen. I do switch in some skills for PVE (from living death tree).

A very hard dungeon would require a precise build with little margin for error...sorry but the vet dungeons I have seen so far have huge margins...meaning players don't have to be precise with their builds and still have massive success running them.

Honestly, it's kind of sad to just power-run through a vet dungeon where a team wipe not only doesn't occur, but doesn't even come close to occurring. There's still several vet dungeons I haven't tried, so perhaps some of them will be tough.

A lot of healers believe that keeping people alive is the only job of a healer in PVE - and it's not.

You're missing one of the most critical healing skills on your bar, which is Combat Prayer. Having Minor Berserk and Minor Resolve up consistantly is huge. It can honestly be the difference between not clearing the Canceroid, and getting it done before Stranglers overwhelm you.

Illustrious Healing is nice since you're running Rapid Regen instead of Radiating Regen, but if you're not front barring Master Resto (Grand Rejuvination), then it's just another HOT without any buff effect. In that case, I'd ditch Rapid Regen if you don't want to remorph it for pve, and just slot in Overflowing Altar so people at least have a group-wide heal, and also another synergy/burst heal.

Are you running Orb for the synergy and amazing heal? Frost blockade isn't on your bar, since you're back-barring snb, so you're not helping with Brittle up-times which is another HUGE dps gain for when it's up. Then there's also set buffs you may or may not be missing that are pretty critical.

I mean, in all, it sounds like you're meeting the minimum requirements, getting lucky with not having vDLC's pop, and thinking you're good to run. That's a fallacy most people have going from normal to vets - they meet the minimum requirement and/or are carried through content, then think they are ready for the step-up only to realize they're not prepared for the leap in difficulty.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normal dungeon healer builds include most or all of:
    • Heals (which can be mixed with shields that have the same benefit).
    • A way to give teammates Major Courage.
    • A way to give teammates the Orbs/Shards synergy whose name I'm forgetting.
    • A way to give teammates Minor Magickasteal.
    • Other ways to be a "battery" (i.e., give resources).
    • Combat Prayer.
    • A way to do some DPS.

I usually miss 1 of those (the other ways to be a battery), or sometimes 2 (I may not spam Combat Prayer if DPS is too weak for it to be efficient).

A build that provides little beyond heals is a bad to mediocre build. It's not necessarily a horrible one, but it's not good.

And my list was basic. E.g., I also tend to provide the Weakening enchant, since tanks have long been unable to provide it at full strength. And as noted above, I really should start providing Brittle as well.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on 11 May 2021 08:54
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may not like this but I have wasted many countless hours in vet random dungeons because people do not understand what they should be doing. If you find that you are getting kicked like this, maybe you can set yourself up a little more in line with what people expect from the role you are queuing for.

It’s obvious that you are running a pvp style build in pve. People will see this. Ask yourself why are you running 1h and shield when the tank will be taking the aggro? In pve your role as a healer is to support your group with heals, buffs and maybe debuffs. If you need to run 1h and shield I would suggest kicking the tank, as they are not fulfilling their role.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to be rude, but I think you got carried in those "easy" dungeons. You can easily wear the same gear for pvp and pve. Spellpowercure + another buff set work great for bgs and dungeons. I've run alot of dungeons on PvP gear but I always change up my skills and sometimes attributes to actually be useful.

If you don't want to invest time into being supportive towards your group, don't expect the group to be supportive towards you. Easy as that.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • marshill88
    marshill88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »
    You may not like this but I have wasted many countless hours in vet random dungeons because people do not understand what they should be doing. If you find that you are getting kicked like this, maybe you can set yourself up a little more in line with what people expect from the role you are queuing for.

It’s obvious that you are running a pvp style build in pve. People will see this. Ask yourself why are you running 1h and shield when the tank will be taking the aggro? In pve your role as a healer is to support your group with heals, buffs and maybe debuffs. If you need to run 1h and shield I would suggest kicking the tank, as they are not fulfilling their role.

it just doesn't matter to me the specifics of each class. Vet Dungeons are pretty quick and not that tough.
    The "Build Patrol"...i.e. the self-designated hallway monitor that is going to audit your gear, your health stats, etc, on a 20 minute dungeon run that has massive margin for error is just a loser. Sorry, but they are. Judge by performance, not by your own presuppositional stereotypical biases. Who cares if someone is carried...I'll carry someone. I can easily switch into my mothers sorrow and do massive DPS, and if I carry someone and the team lives...great! Its about the team and the ability of the team to do the 20 minute run, not some ultra judgmental hard core RP'er who "decides' in dictatorial fashion that your pre-inspection build didn't qualify for the 20 minute dungeon run.

Just let players play and if the run goes bad, well kick at that point, it's not like you wasted much time in your 20 minute run.
    I just don't do the "Build Patrol" thing, it's narcissistic, arrogant and rude. If I'm on a team and some guy is going to boot someone before they even have a chance to perform, I'll be voting to kick him instead.

But that is the game, you can /kick, it's allowed and I'm glad its allowed, and I got booted. No complaints about the rules. But the guy who booted me is a hot head in my view.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of healers believe that keeping people alive is the only job of a healer in PVE - and it's not.

You're missing one of the most critical healing skills on your bar, which is Combat Prayer. Having Minor Berserk and Minor Resolve up consistantly is huge. It can honestly be the difference between not clearing the Canceroid, and getting it done before Stranglers overwhelm you.

Illustrious Healing is nice since you're running Rapid Regen instead of Radiating Regen, but if you're not front barring Master Resto (Grand Rejuvination), then it's just another HOT without any buff effect. In that case, I'd ditch Rapid Regen if you don't want to remorph it for pve, and just slot in Overflowing Altar so people at least have a group-wide heal, and also another synergy/burst heal.

Are you running Orb for the synergy and amazing heal? Frost blockade isn't on your bar, since you're back-barring snb, so you're not helping with Brittle up-times which is another HUGE dps gain for when it's up. Then there's also set buffs you may or may not be missing that are pretty critical.

I mean, in all, it sounds like you're meeting the minimum requirements, getting lucky with not having vDLC's pop, and thinking you're good to run. That's a fallacy most people have going from normal to vets - they meet the minimum requirement and/or are carried through content, then think they are ready for the step-up only to realize they're not prepared for the leap in difficulty.

I came here to say thus, thank you for sparing me the bother.

And OP, you are greatly mistaking what a healer in PvE content does and from your own words it sounds like a lot of the time you are carried through vet content, contributing very little of your own to the "blitzing". So while this person was somewhat harsher than they needed to be about it, I can understand why they kicked you. And though I probably wouldn't ever initiate a vote kick unless you truly proved a detriment to the run, I can't really say I wouldn't agree if someone else did. Your build is, pardon my French, eff awful for PvE and contribute little to the overall result. Personally I would much rather educate than just kick as a first choice, but some days even I run out of patience.
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it just doesn't matter to me the specifics of each class. Vet Dungeons are pretty quick and not that tough.
    The "Build Patrol"...i.e. the self-designated hallway monitor that is going to audit your gear, your health stats, etc, on a 20 minute dungeon run that has massive margin for error is just a loser. Sorry, but they are. Judge by performance, not by your own presuppositional stereotypical biases. Who cares if someone is carried...I'll carry someone. I can easily switch into my mothers sorrow and do massive DPS, and if I carry someone and the team lives...great! Its about the team and the ability of the team to do the 20 minute run, not some ultra judgmental hard core RP'er who "decides' in dictatorial fashion that your pre-inspection build didn't qualify for the 20 minute dungeon run.

Just let players play and if the run goes bad, well kick at that point, it's not like you wasted much time in your 20 minute run.
    I just don't do the "Build Patrol" thing, it's narcissistic, arrogant and rude. If I'm on a team and some guy is going to boot someone before they even have a chance to perform, I'll be voting to kick him instead.

But that is the game, you can /kick, it's allowed and I'm glad its allowed, and I got booted. No complaints about the rules. But the guy who booted me is a hot head in my view.

So you want to participate in team activities, but you don't want to be a team player by doing more than the bare minimum. If you're not putting Majors and Minors on people, then I am judging you by your performance, and it would be a bad performance. Like I said before, keeping people alive is the bare minimum requirement, not the benchmark.

Also, 20 minutes is almost a fifth of my play time. If that 20 minutes is wasted, that's fairly significant for me. Again, showing that you're being narrow in your view by only thinking of your own situation, and not that of the team.

I go into normals and treat it like a score push, because I'm not going to be the reason another player has to drop before we finish because they need to get ready for work, or school, or bed, or whatever. Yeah, normals aren't serious and it's "just a game" -- but other peoples' time is serious, and I respect my team enough to reflect that through my performance.
  • marshill88
    marshill88
    ✭✭✭✭
    build Patrol players are a form of soft "god-mods". First, they set themselves up as the authority, i.e. "I will decide if your build is acceptable." (the "god" part).
    Then, they will demand that you contort into their idea of how you should be playing, (the "mod" part of god-modding).

when the Build Patrol sees that you don't fit into what he has unanimously decided is acceptable for the run, he proceeds to boot you by force.

If you support /kicking people who simply show up to do a dungeon run because they failed your pre-run inspection, well that's just the kind of player you are. I won't be kicking anyone before they have a chance....but that is because I'm for the underdog and I like to give players a chance.

This thread is one reason why I'm so glad other players can't see your skill bar...look at some of the comments here form players who, after seeing my hotbar, think in their minds "yea, I'd kick him too"...yikes.

But then again, you can't see someone's hot-bar, which is fantastic programming, because think of all the rude behavior that players would do if they were able to see other players active skills. All he saw was a sword and 40k health (its 38 to be precise) and decided to kick me.
    I put my skills here in my screenshot...the guy who booted me couldn't see my skills...and look at the replies here of people who, after seeing inside information about the skills on my bar, decided that they would kick me too, shame.

So it is a good thing the judgmental players can't see other players skill bars or just imagine how many players would be constantly booted. Not very friendly, not friendly at all.

I wouldn't kick anyone without giving the team a chance.
    Edited by marshill88 on 11 May 2021 09:47
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry but one can totally conplete pve content with pvp builds. I would say pve content is a piece of cake compared to pvp. Like if you can keep your group alive in pvp, you certainly can do it in pve.

Now if you want a group for pve content where everyone uses the gear and skills you want, make a guild and set up profiles for different builds on discord that you want for each role and set up pve runs there.
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    Im sorry but one can totally conplete pve content with pvp builds. I would say pve content is a piece of cake compared to pvp. Like if you can keep your group alive in pvp, you certainly can do it in pve.

Now if you want a group for pve content where everyone uses the gear and skills you want, make a guild and set up profiles for different builds on discord that you want for each role and set up pve runs there.

No one said that you cannot complete PVE content with a PVP build. The argument is not whether you can keep people alive - most players can keep themselves alive, and I've got many 3 DPS + Tank vDSA runs to prove that without Pale Order. The issue is that a PVE healer is also the buff bot; They supply huge portions of resource regen and increase damage output.

I think it's equally valid that people who only want to do the bare minimum should form their own groups so that it does not contaminate the queue.
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, OP, but I do not see any bullying whatsoever.

The comments made in your screenshot were entirely legitimate and expressed, admittedly with terse wit, your fellow group members completely understandable incredulity.

I'd have given your character until the first trash, though, while laughing with the guys that made the comments because, contextually, they are rather amusing.

pve healer builds tend to be 'unselfish' in that gear and skills are more group than self orientated. Anything that appears outwith a fairly wide and extensive 'normal' range - like your 'build' - would appear instantly suspect.

As an analogy consider what you'd think of a pvp group member who showed up with all divine light armour, 20k health and a bunch of weak magicka based aoe/dot skills, no defences to speak of and were calling themselves 'a stamina based damage dealer'? Would you be expecting to be scraping them repeatedly off the mortuary slab or think 'hey, this guy must have an amazing hybrid build'?

I'd respectfully suggest that thus far in your adventures in vet dungeons you've been carried by other roles/players with self heals/buffs and strong damage output - in short you have been lucky. Sooner or later your random group will have two damage dealers with a combined damage output of 10-15k, no self heals, zero positional awareness and absolutely no idea about mechanics. In this latter scenario if you hang around much after the tank has quit 3 seconds into the first trash pull, you'll get to see how effective your pvp healer build truly is in group pve content.

I'd take those comments in your screenshot as sage advice and try tanking instead with that 'healer'.
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are talking about some easy non-dlc dungeon, then I think the kick was a bit harsh. However, positively no one runs a 1hs/40k hp healer. It was likely apparent to the players in the group that your experience with pve content was limited at best, they probably didn't feel like carrying someone through harder content, or they might have been fed up with improperly geared people queueing in the group finder.

Keep in mind: Healers aren't really required in veteran dungeons. If a group decides to go with a healer, then the healer is expected to provide damage and sustain buffs to the group (spc, worm, hollowfang, olorime, master resto, sentinel etc.). Simply being able to throw in a couple of resto skills isn't really going to cut it, especially when it comes to dlc dungeons.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call him a bully and I think kicking you isn't that unreasonable. One of my first thoughts when I see someone with 40k hp and 1h/shield who is not the tank is "oh no, he is going to steal aggro". And since I can't see your skill bars, I have to assume, that you will mess up the fights, just like most people who use use 1h/shield on something different than a tank.

Usually, when someone steals aggro and sends the boss on a rampage the tank will still be blamed, so I'd say it's perfectly fine not wanting to take that risk and kicking you at the start.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on 11 May 2021 10:09
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would appear that you are not really interested in the feedback given on this thread, OP. Which is a shame.

You were in a situation where you got kicked. You did not enjoy this. This whole thread has been full of suggestions and advice on how to avoid it in the future, and how to better understand a PvE perspective, all in constructive terms and friendly manners. Yet you keep not wanting to listen or learn.

Take the free advice you are given. Try to put it into context of the content you are running. Learn and get better. Or dont ask for support on the forum, as it is just a waste of time for the people who step up to help you.
  • marshill88
    marshill88
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call him a bully and I think kicking you isn't that unreasonable. One of my first thoughts when I see someone with 40k hp and 1h/shield who is not the tank is "oh no, he is going to steal aggro". And since I can't see your skill bars, I have to assume, that you will mess up the fights, just like most people who use use 1h/shield on something different than a tank.

Usually, when someone steals aggro and sends the boss on a rampage the tank will still be blamed, I'd say it's perfectly fine not wanting to take that risk and kicking you at the start.

I must be playing a different game. These vet dungeons are a piece of cake. Ive done maybe 20 of them, all but one was challenging. Usually I run as DPS with mothers-sorrow+medusa. But being that I'm a magcro, I also have very good healing skills, and have my entire restoration staff line, so its nice to run as a healer too.

I'm a little thrown back at how judgmental so many of you are, and how quick you rush to judgment, and even worse, how fast you would just boot someone from a group because you don't like what you see. it is just pathetic to me. Maybe I haven't played enough ESO (4 months now), but I hope I don't get to the point where I'm doing that to other people.

The Vet Dungeons are so simple, (most of them so far) the teams I am on literally power rush through them. Seriously, they aren't even a challenge.

listing to you guys talk about how all the gear and skills must be absolutely perfect or you will BOOT someone out of a group is disgusting to me, it really is. I"m sorry if I'm sounding rude to you, but it is just sad behavior, like judging someone who walks into a room just based on how they look without even letting them try.

But you guys do what you do....just boot people based on your view of them...it is what it is. Fortunately, I haven't grouped with you because the behavior I screenshotted is just lame, and luckily, it is also rare.

You may have more of a point in a very hard dungeon, but this stuff in the vet dungeons is a cakewalk. Maybe I'm just so hyper-used to PVP now. 75% of my play is PVP.
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    just out of curiosity - what traits are you running on your armour?
This discussion has been closed.