Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Anyone else have a bully /kick you from a dungeon? (Screenshot)

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    IMO, you can tell the kind of player you were dealing with by two things they said:

"is that the new meta?" - overly hung up on bis/meta

"whose build is that?" - a follower of "expert" players' builds

The combination of those two attitudes leaves no room for creativity, and no tolerance for the creative. You were better off without their inflexible toxicity.

Huh? Those two comments obviously have sarcasm just rolling off them. I don't think you can particularly jump to that conclusion about those players. I mean, they are clearly from the get go mocking the OP for bringing a build not well suited for harder PVE content as a healer.

Right? I think people got to be blind to not see "lmao" before he's even responded as anything but laughing at him. These people were not being reasonable from JUMP. OP did nothing to them but exist.
    Options
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is a prime example of why there are solo players.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, lots of you really have that much issue with this?

I'm so used to having DDs queued as tanks and healers that a healer with 40k health is fine by me haha.

Also, people talking like you need to setup like you're going for godslayer... It's just a vet dungeon. Showing up as the ultimate buff machine is more often than not a waste of time. I've gone in as a fully specced healer and mostly the DDs are so bad that buffing crap damage still results in crap damage. Granted, I usually set up as a healer/damage hybrid rather than having 40k health, but people are well overblowing this.

As long as I can just do proper rotation and not either have to heal myself constantly or block/dodge boss attacks all the time, I'm good with whatever other people are doing.
    Options
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a Random Dungeon with random People. If you wanna run this Build and have at least a Restostaff as Healer on one Bar and have some Healingskills Im happy with it. If i wanna have a perfect smooth run i run with a Guild not with a random Group. You are more of a Healer then most Healers in random Groups nowadays. If you are confident that you can keep People alive, this beeing the Role of a Healer in my Eyes then my Tip is to go in with your Restostaff on your Bar. Also, maybe find a Guild yourselfe with likeminded players to run Dungeons with.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
    Options
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    marshill88 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call him a bully and I think kicking you isn't that unreasonable. One of my first thoughts when I see someone with 40k hp and 1h/shield who is not the tank is "oh no, he is going to steal aggro". And since I can't see your skill bars, I have to assume, that you will mess up the fights, just like most people who use use 1h/shield on something different than a tank.

Usually, when someone steals aggro and sends the boss on a rampage the tank will still be blamed, I'd say it's perfectly fine not wanting to take that risk and kicking you at the start.

I must be playing a different game. These vet dungeons are a piece of cake. Ive done maybe 20 of them, all but one was challenging. Usually I run as DPS with mothers-sorrow+medusa. But being that I'm a magcro, I also have very good healing skills, and have my entire restoration staff line, so its nice to run as a healer too.

I'm a little thrown back at how judgmental so many of you are, and how quick you rush to judgment, and even worse, how fast you would just boot someone from a group because you don't like what you see. it is just pathetic to me. Maybe I haven't played enough ESO (4 months now), but I hope I don't get to the point where I'm doing that to other people.

The Vet Dungeons are so simple, (most of them so far) the teams I am on literally power rush through them. Seriously, they aren't even a challenge.

listing to you guys talk about how all the gear and skills must be absolutely perfect or you will BOOT someone out of a group is disgusting to me, it really is. I"m sorry if I'm sounding rude to you, but it is just sad behavior, like judging someone who walks into a room just based on how they look without even letting them try.

But you guys do what you do....just boot people based on your view of them...it is what it is. Fortunately, I haven't grouped with you because the behavior I screenshotted is just lame, and luckily, it is also rare.

You may have more of a point in a very hard dungeon, but this stuff in the vet dungeons is a cakewalk. Maybe I'm just so hyper-used to PVP now. 75% of my play is PVP.

I think you're God's gift to ESO and anyone that should ever bestow a vote to kick upon you should be smitten.
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Effin' rude, and just plain stupid. The time he wasted grilling you and being a turd the whole group could've been down halls and seeing if they wiped or not. [snip]

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on 12 May 2021 12:01
    Options
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's not done, complaining about someones build even before you've seen him in action. I wouldn't have votekicked at that moment. But if you queue as healer, do you're job as a healer. Same thing applies to tanks. If you're not doing that, or if you are a speedrunner or skipper, ignoring al conversations about someone having the quest or needing to kill all the bosses, you can get get kicked out of the group (I'm with at least 2 friends on discord). And we do it with smiles on our faces, at least I do.

To prevent you from being kicked, queue with at least one friend. When the votekick fails, they will try a few times more, and after realizing you're protected by a friend (or 2) they have 2 options left, run the dungeon with the current group or leave the group and take the queue penalty.
    Options
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it was a veteran dungeon (especially a DLC) the group was right to kick you, it's not just a problem of being free to do what you want (as many think) but to "respect others"; when going to veteran dungeons, the pve role must be respected.

If the dungeon was normal, it makes no sense to kick you, in normal dungeons you can also go naked and you need minimal care in the party.

Moral of the story: pvp players do you want to play pve, do you want that particular monster set? There are 2 solutions:
    1) go dungeons with your pvp friends;
    2) you adapt to the pve game and respect the roles.

P.S. - In pvp you are immortal, in pve you die in the aoe of Kra'gh The Dreugh King!
    Edited by ThePlayer on 12 May 2021 08:02
    Options
  • Hydra9268
    Hydra9268
    ✭✭✭
    I think this thread has run its course. The mods should lock it.
    Options
  • rollingphoneseb17_ESO
    I would kick u 2, again and again.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePlayer wrote: »
    If it was a veteran dungeon (especially a DLC) the group was right to kick you, it's not just a problem of being free to do what you want (as many think) but to "respect others"; when going to veteran dungeons, the pve role must be respected.

If the dungeon was normal, it makes no sense to kick you, in normal dungeons you can also go naked and you need minimal care in the party.

Moral of the story: pvp players do you want to play pve, do you want that particular monster set? There are 2 solutions:
    1) go dungeons with your pvp friends;
    2) you adapt to the pve game and respect the roles.

P.S. - In pvp you are immortal, in pve you die in the aoe of Kra'gh The Dreugh King!

Dungeon finder is for anyone that can't find a group, including new to vet players and PvPers. It's not disrespectful to be bad at the game. Feels like I'm taking crazy pills that this needs to be said.
    Options
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I have read the original chat and trying very hard to see any evidence of bullying. You were asked legitimate questions and gave perfunctory answers, hence the kick. The group did not want to waste their time.
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 MAN DUNGEON DON'T NEED HEALER !
    4 MAN DUNGEON ONLY NEED PURE 4 DPS !
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    OP, I have read the original chat and trying very hard to see any evidence of bullying. You were asked legitimate questions and gave perfunctory answers, hence the kick. The group did not want to waste their time.

You think "Is that the new meta?" And "queue for us a new dps lmao" are legitimate questions?

Amazing the number of people trying to gaslight the OP about the mockery just because they would have voted to kick too. This player was obviously aware that build was not optimal and not the meta. And they were openly mocking him before the kick. It's blatant.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 09:25
    Options
  • rollingphoneseb17_ESO
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

You think "Is that the new meta?" And "queue for us a new dps lmao" are legitimate questions?

Amazing the number of people trying to gaslight the OP about the mockery just because they would have voted to kick too. This player was obviously aware that build was not optimal and not the meta. And they were openly mocking him before the kick. It's blatant.

I am also obviously aware that ur trolink.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You genuinely believe the person that asked that legitimately thought it was the new meta? What? They kicked him because they were just so impressed by his build they couldn't handle how amazing it was and felt intimidated to run with someone in that setup?

Is that really your take?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 09:33
    Options
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

To be honest I think they worked out the OP very quickly. Was in a pvp build after queuing as healer for pve content. The OP has frequently admitted during this post that it is a BG build of his own making, has very little experience of pve dungeons, and expects others to help him but despite being given plenty of advice here doesn’t seem to want to take it on board.

There appears to be no bullying involved, they took one look at the build and realised that it was pvp.

Maybe the OP is enjoying the drama, but the refusal to accept that the group sussed him out and the advice being given here suggests that future kickings will likely occur.
    Options
  • rollingphoneseb17_ESO

You genuinely believe the person that asked that legitimately thought it was the new meta? What? They kicked him because they were just so impressed by his build they couldn't handle how amazing it was and felt intimidated to run with someone in that setup?

You keep trolink :D:D:D:D
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso101rus wrote: »
    There appears to be no bullying involved, they took one look at the build and realised that it was pvp.

You don't think a group of players openly ridiculing someone before kicking them is bullying?

I very much disagree. You can both agree with their decision to kick him, and acknowledge that the way they handled the kicking was blatant open mockery, you know. There were not legitimate questions. They did not think it was the meta. They did not think his build was perfect. They were asking him loaded questions to mock him. It's blatant and obvious.

It is not an and/or thing. Just because they were "right" to kick him does NOT make the blatant open mockery okay.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 09:38
    Options
  • rollingphoneseb17_ESO
    OP was blatantly mocking the whole group with his build.
    Edited by rollingphoneseb17_ESO on 12 May 2021 09:39
    Options
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    bring build like this into group dungeon is disrespectful to your group members, stop playing the victim
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You keep trolink :D:D:D:D

It cannot be both. Either you believe the questions were legitimate or I am correct that they were not, and therefore not "trolink."

So which is it? Do you think that they genuinely thought his build was meta? Or am I correct. Pick one, better articulate your point, or please don't respond to me anymore with your trolling accusation. Thanks.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP was a new player who had successfully completed vet content on his healer build before. In what way is a new player, with a build they do not know is bad, mocking a group by existing?
    Zatox wrote: »
    bring build like this into group dungeon is disrespectful to your group members, stop playing the victim

In what way, specifically, is a new player being disrespectful by not understanding the game?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 09:46
    Options
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think all of this just misunderstanding and blow off way out of proportion

if only you answer : yeah, but my main slot is restoration staff, this is pvp build

clear and concise, and i believe that they will understand it and just go roll with the dungeon run

lot of people getting hang up on the "bullying/mocking" at the beginning, is it ok ?, no, but its probably just bunch of kids sh*t talking, what can you do?, nothing, just suck it up, and move on

and again for healer role, as i also have healer toon for dungeon/trial, my main is dps, would i kick you?, absolutely no, i will just roll on with the dungeon run, and see how it goes
    but if we keep dying while also try as hard as we can to dodge AOE and damage and self heal, thats where i will kick you and look for new healer

its all depend on the context of the dungeon itself, for most vanilla vet dungeon, sure your healer build most likely have no problem at all, but for vet DLCs ?, it might become a problem, still, it doesnt excuse them for kicking you right away tho IMO
    Edited by Solid_Metal on 12 May 2021 09:45
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
    Options
  • rollingphoneseb17_ESO

The OP was a new player who had successfully completed vet content on his healer build before. In what way is a new player, with a build they do not know is bad, mocking a group by existing?

Stop trolink pls, or i kick u from que too
    Options
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

You don't think a group of players openly ridiculing someone before kicking them is bullying?

I very much disagree. You can both agree with their decision to kick him, and acknowledge that the way they handled the kicking was blatant open mockery, you know. There were not legitimate questions. They did not think it was the meta. They did not think his build was perfect. They were asking him loaded questions to mock him. It's blatant and obvious.

It is not an and/or thing. Just because they were "right" to kick him does NOT make the blatant open mockery okay.

No I don’t, I think they took one look at his build and said “no thx.

Maybe OP will take some feedback on board. If you think the mockery is bad, maybe they felt the OP was mocking by turning up to a vet dungeon as healer with 40k hp and snb.

Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe OP will take some feedback on board. If you think the mockery is bad, maybe they felt the OP was mocking by turning up to a vet dungeon as healer with 40k hp and snb.

They didn't say "no thx" though, did they? What they actually, literally did was mock him. Why do you think it's acceptable to mock new players for not knowing the game before you kick them? Why not just kick him without all that? Or just say "sorry need pve healer" before the kick? Why do you find mockery, specifically, to be so legitimate?
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 12 May 2021 09:50
    Options
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

They didn't say "no thx" though, did they? What they actually, literally did was mock him. Why do you think it's acceptable to mock new players for not knowing the game before you kick them? Why not just kick him without all that? Or just say "sorry need pve healer" before the kick? Why do you find mockery, specifically, to be so legitimate?

No, be clear, I said I didn’t think it came across as bullying.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. You said it you don't consider it to be bullying. So I am asking why you think it's legitimate to mock a new player for not knowing the game before you kick them.
    Options
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes. You said it you don't consider it to be bullying. So I am asking why you think it's legitimate to mock a new player for not knowing the game before you kick them.

If you go to a black tie event wearing an all pink suit....whose fault is it?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.