The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stuck in an "Error 303 - PatchError_UnzipFail", Repair, "ABORT: Invalid Memory Size (0)" loop

• ktjo31
    ktjo31
    so I tried to install one last time... It seems to be working now
    Edited by ktjo31 on 18 May 2017 04:35
  • kingof252b14_ESO
    kingof252b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Managed to install and log-on. Will re-log to try and verify that it works.
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    trying to install ... getting some error that says "content write failed"
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this doesn't get fixed I want a refund for Collectors Edition of Morrowind and for my 17K of crowns. I'll just cancel my sub. By downloading it says "content write failed". I uninstalled the game and started over. I'm giving up on this. I'll just contact support tomorrow and work on getting my refunds. The download % is going backwards .... this is plain stupid. And no way it's my computer. If my computer won't run this game, 99% of the computers out there won't run it.

Edited by darvaria on 18 May 2017 05:08
  • inali
    inali
    darvaria wrote: »
    If this doesn't get fixed I want a refund for Collectors Edition of Morrowind and for my 17K of crowns. I'll just cancel my sub. By downloading it says "content write failed". I uninstalled the game and started over. I'm giving up on this. I'll just contact support tomorrow and work on getting my refunds. The download % is going backwards .... this is plain stupid. And no way it's my computer. If my computer won't run this game, 99% of the computers out there won't run it.

It really is plain silly. I could think of multiple way they could have handled this better. I mean, why not just put up a legit client that works for people to download or a torrent? Cmon guys, you have a splendid game going here. Don't repeat the same mistakes you've gone through or others!
    Twitch.tv/inaliz - Come hang out some time
    Youtube/mrinaliz - Vidyas and VoDs
    Twitter @inaliftw
    facebook.com/inalizftw
    GM of The Skulk
  • Acht88
    Acht88
    ✭✭
    Why you deleted the link to the torrent? This is the solution to the problem you can't solve it.
    I'm surprised your policy))) Users had found a way to solve the problem, and in every way you prevent this. I agree that such references should be removed, But not at the moment

[snip]

Please do not remove the link until you solve the problem.

Friends, download the torrent, I will be giving away at maximum speed until ZOS does not solve the problem
    I've given 600 GB.

[Edit to remove possible malicious link]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on 18 May 2017 13:35
  • Ichikai
    Ichikai
    Started the launcher to see if reports that it's fixed now are true. Alas, won't be able to tell for yet another 8gb (or so, not sure, ran it then kinda forgot about it assuming it'd just be verifying files once more) download.

Not sure i'll still be awake when it finishes though.
  • Eldin89ub17_ESO
    Eldin89ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I was able to finish the install & am now logging in. Seems it is fixed for at least some people if not all.
  • zegla
    zegla
    Soul Shriven
    looks like it is working now for me at least :D
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    Steam solution work for me too.
    I 'm into the game now...
    And yes it is not a good solution just a workaround...

ZOS you have to hurry now , more update and a fix soon?
    You are ruining the returning player and new player experience...
  • theesh
    theesh
    Soul Shriven
    The install seemed to work. Tried logging in and, everything seems in working order. Now its past my bed time, so if you will excuse me
  • Telkari
    Telkari
    Soul Shriven
    Of course in the middle of the bloody night, right before I have to go to bed, right after my 2 days off end and I have to go to work in the morning, the god damned thing actually starts downloading. It started acting like it wanted to get stuck again around 24%, the patch size was practically down to nothing, then it shot back up to double the original size and it downloading like a gem.

Well ***. There went my days off, but maybe at least I'll possibly get to enjoy it after work tomorrow.

They better be compensating us, especially those of us with subscription time ticking away from this crap.
  • sl4ker
    sl4ker
    Soul Shriven
    can confirm, problem fixed now. instead of ~28GB there was a 40+GB download now.
  • Pseron_Wyrd
    Pseron_Wyrd
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it seems to be working for me too. I'm up to 31% now, which is much farther than I managed to get before.
  • Liahim
    Liahim
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, for me working too. Nice :)
  • Rozenwyn
    Rozenwyn
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful communication from ZoS letting everyone know that the problem is fixed.
    ~~Rozenwyn~~
  • GrimJaw
    GrimJaw
    ✭✭✭
    Rozenwyn wrote: »
    Wonderful communication from ZoS letting everyone know that the problem is fixed.

Was thinking the same thing Zadii.

Also, I have ran the repair 15 times now, each time it keeps downloading the same files. And yes, I'm still crashing a lot.

Can someone who has done a fresh install try repairing several times and see if it keeps downloading files?

I want to say it's downloading the same files but I'm not sure. I do know that it always downloads some 800 mb files. Five times its downloaded 3gig files. Three times it downloaded 2gig files. And one time it downloads 1 gig files. The only thing that is consistent is that out of 15 repairs, it downloads that 800mb file. It dosent always download the larger ones I mentioned before. They do get applied. No errors.
    Edited by GrimJaw on 18 May 2017 10:19
  • Jori
    Jori
    Soul Shriven
    It worked for me finally
  • skul
    skul
    A new message appears Reliable source with corrupted data

The download stops at 75% :/
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    skul wrote: »

same here.

On my desktop gaming pc : uninstall the game; start the install + launcher , download around 75% of 40GB..."Reliable source with corrupted data".... :o

On my laptop gaming pc : use the steam workaround / copy and replace the elder scroll online folder and is working now. :)

Anyway, we have to wait until ZOS give the green light for install from scratch for official install. :#

Meanwhile, for impatient people (as myself) there are the no official "steam" and "torrent" workarounds available.
  • Jori
    Jori
    Soul Shriven
    i deleted everything. launcher whatever managed to dl and the folderrs that were created. downloaded the launcher started the install and it was done when i woke up and works fine
  • ragus999
    ragus999
    ✭✭
    Jori wrote: »
    i deleted everything. launcher whatever managed to dl and the folderrs that were created. downloaded the launcher started the install and it was done when i woke up and works fine

So it work for some people!? Good to you. Enjoy the game. :-)

By the way, did you just uninstall the game , install or do something else ( delete folder manually etc) ? Do you remember if it was starting with a 40gb download or another size? Thx in advance.
  • Sevci
    Sevci
    Soul Shriven
    Finally downloaded the patch, now I get fatal error after trying to start the game
  • Bravesteel
    Telkari wrote: »
    They better be compensating us, especially those of us with subscription time ticking away from this crap.

Agreed. Everyone who has been affected by this should be compensated in some way. I would also like a public apology for how terribly this was handled.

• Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ragus999 wrote: »

same here.

On my desktop gaming pc : uninstall the game; start the install + launcher , download around 75% of 40GB..."Reliable source with corrupted data".... :o

On my laptop gaming pc : use the steam workaround / copy and replace the elder scroll online folder and is working now. :)

Anyway, we have to wait until ZOS give the green light for install from scratch for official install. :#

Meanwhile, for impatient people (as myself) there are the no official "steam" and "torrent" workarounds available.

Uh oh.. left my house this morning with it at 67%...
  • Shock_ESOGE
    Shock_ESOGE
    Soul Shriven
    Psilent wrote: »
    ragus999 wrote: »

same here.

Uh oh.. left my house this morning with it at 67%...

I believe you have to manually delete all the files that you previously installed including the folder. I did that and right now, I am downloading and patching without problems. However still a bit more to download so we will see.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As a few of you have already found, this issue was resolved late last night. When you open your launcher, you should be able to download all the files and run the game now. That said, let us know if you continue to run into any issues. Thanks for your patience while we fixed this, everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • joypunk
    joypunk
    ✭✭
    I'm able to install and log in to the game now.

Thanks for getting this fixed, ZOS staff.
  • Bravesteel
    As a few of you have already found, this issue was resolved late last night. When you open your launcher, you should be able to download all the files and run the game now. That said, let us know if you continue to run into any issues. Thanks for your patience while we fixed this, everyone.

Hi Gina, will those of us affected be receiving any sort of compensation? I know many of us sent in support tickets on this issue.
  • Slane
    Slane
    Thank you for getting the downloader fixed :)