The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Forum Structure - Update & Feedback

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on the ETA of the DevTracker? It's still a PITA to read every morning. :confused:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Turelus wrote: »
    Any update on the ETA of the DevTracker? It's still a PITA to read every morning. :confused:
    The Dev Tracker rework is being done as part of the greater visual and structural overhaul slated for this autumn.
    Is there a way to disable the automatic draft saving feature? It's laggy on mobile devices and uses unnecessary data. I also have to periodically clean up saved drafts for posts I will never actually respond to.
    This is something we are currently investigating.
    Resueht wrote: »
    While I do like this as an option, I was more talking about an option for hiding specific topics. Not based on the person, but on a topic-to-topic basis.
    This isn't currently an option, but it's something we may be able to investigate in the future.
    Atrahasis wrote: »
    The guild forums are really confusing. I think they should be broken down better.

Guild Recruitment > NA or EU > AD or EP or DC
    The guild section is temporary, and a replacement is being worked on.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been brought up but, can I suggest putting a 'back to top' button on the bottom of the threads? Or at least the forum navigation buttons so I can jump out of a thread without having to scroll back up to the top of the page to do so.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been brought up but, can I suggest putting a 'back to top' button on the bottom of the threads? Or at least the forum navigation buttons so I can jump out of a thread without having to scroll back up to the top of the page to do so.
    @Oevaag_Bur an arrow "to top" would be ok :astonished:

o.O
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would a trade section on the forum be decent? Or would I be the only one that would welcome such a feature?
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Spottswoode
    Spottswoode
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the ability to link our account achievements here on the forum. This has probably already been suggested.
    Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
    My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
    Steam Profile
    Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
    Current main PC build:
    i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    32gb RAM

Laptop:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM

Secondary build:
    i3 2330
    GTX 660
    8gb RAM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    Would a trade section on the forum be decent? Or would I be the only one that would welcome such a feature?

It would get crowded very quickly, and probably wouldn't be that useful.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am enjoying the changes so far and appreciate the update. I would like to see the following adjustment:
    Currently I put the most persistently negative and combative users on "ignore" to improve my experience in the forum (my favorite feature). However, if a non-ignored user quotes them, I then have to see the nonsense I was trying to avoid in the other user's quote. I'd prefer not to see ignored users' posts at all. I know it may make the second user's post appear out of context to me but I really don't think I'd be missing much.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting!

Curiously - how do you know it would get crowded very quickly, I'd potentially find it useful, providing I'm able to acquire the rare Dark Anchor items I always seek, naturally. Would you mind sharing your insight and hard-data that confirms what you say to be fact?

I've got no problem jumping from zone-to-zone shouting and checking all the guild stores on the EU server, but as per my post. I was curious to see if I'd be the only one that would welcome such a feature.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting!

Curiously - how do you know it would get crowded very quickly, I'd potentially find it useful, providing I'm able to acquire the rare Dark Anchor items I always seek, naturally. Would you mind sharing your insight and hard-data that confirms what you say to be fact?

I've got no problem jumping from zone-to-zone shouting and checking all the guild stores on the EU server, but as per my post. I was curious to see if I'd be the only one that would welcome such a feature.

People are always advetising in zone chat that they have items to sell, plus guild stores are selling stuff.

Give them a place on the forums for trading and quite reasonably they will advertise there too. There are a lot of them. Thus it would get crowded quite quickly, not saying they don't need some way to advertise, just pointing out a problem.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleh, a trade forum would be spammed with nothing but bumps. If they introduce a trade forum, they better put some rules in place and actively enforce them. They would also need to introduce a search filter just specifically for the trade section you can quickly find specific items.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on September 10, 2014 9:42AM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why these forums move deathly slow. Maybe the topic creation button should be moved to a better place; and give it contrast with the background and side panel.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it time for the autumn forums update yet? Seriously ever time we have a point release the Dev Tracker goes to hell. STOP LISTING THE ENTIRE PATCH NOTES IN THE TRACKER! This is really frustrating now, I honestly hope these forums changes come soon and the Dev Tracker gets fixed.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like it if they added an option to stop seeing how many new posts a particular thread has.

Sometimes you click on a thread to see what it's actually about, find out you're not interested, and then everytime you log in you see it has x new posts, but you forget that it's a thread you don't care a bout, and start reading.

If we could click on a "discontinue" button, and not be told how many new threads it has (especially if we haven't posted on it), I would be happy.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is actually better to have the "XXX New" since the user visually are able to see that they have read XXX amounts of the posts already. It directly distinguishes new topics since last visit, from the old lot.
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is actually better to have the "XXX New" since the user visually are able to see that they have read XXX amounts of the posts already. It directly distinguishes new topics since last visit, from the old lot.

Yes, but I have them on threads I don't care about, which is why I want an opt out button.

I have clicked on threads because the title looks good, but it's on an aspect of the game I don't care about, and I don't remember which ones are which.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a "mark unread" button for such threads would help.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @radiostar‌ I believe it was the opposite of sort that was wanted, i.e. hide topic, of which there are no plugins for, for vanilla-forums, only the option to hide entire boards which is an admin plugin afaik :expressionless:
    ◔̯◔

kitlightning.deviantart
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @radiostar‌ I believe it was the opposite of sort that was wanted, i.e. hide topic, of which there are no plugins for, for vanilla-forums, only the option to hide entire boards which is an admin plugin afaik :expressionless:

@Radiostar has the idea of what I was suggesting, just being able to disconnect and not see how many new posts. I don't need to hide it, just stop following it.

Sorry if I muddled up my discription.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on September 17, 2014 11:35AM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Turelus wrote: »
    Is it time for the autumn forums update yet?
    The forum overhaul is still on track for this autumn. We currently have the first draft on our test form, but we're working on some refinements, so it's not ready to go live just just yet. The new Dev Tracker is complete, but it's integrated into the greater design and can't be released separately.
    KenjiJU wrote: »
    I'm not sure why these forums move deathly slow. Maybe the topic creation button should be moved to a better place; and give it contrast with the background and side panel.
    While the general color scheme is the same, the contrast has been tweaked to improve readability. The "New Discussion" button in particular stands out more.

The forum structure has also been overhauled: all of the forums are available on the front page (so, no more subforums), and there are collapsible categories which allow you to customize what forums you see. These changes should improve general accessibility, especially of more specialized forums.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope the Dev Tracker will (at least by default) only show posts in the selected language. Indeed, I hope that's the default layout for the front page as well.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you not give us some different options for the colour scheme? Grey on grey is so depressing.
    Lol, i'd even settle for a pink option....and you know how I feel about pink. >:)
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    Can you not give us some different options for the colour scheme? Grey on grey is so depressing.
    Lol, i'd even settle for a pink option....and you know how I feel about pink. >:)

grey on grey??

I see beige on beige with black text. I agree it's not exactly the most exciting colour scheme, but it's better than grey on grey.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Tandor wrote: »
    I do hope the Dev Tracker will (at least by default) only show posts in the selected language. Indeed, I hope that's the default layout for the front page as well.
    This is an option being discussed for both the Dev Tracker and Recent Discussions, as we understand it will greatly improve readability. However, if implemented, these features will no longer update "live" but will periodically refresh a few times an hour.

We may and wait until after the overhaul goes live, and the community has a chance to use the current improvements, before we decide whether further readability improvements are worth this delay in the features.
    Sindala wrote: »
    Additional color options are not an option at this time.

Staff Post
  • Eve_Knight
    Don't do that. =)

Adding a delay would be way worse than having irrelevant clutter.

And I actually look at the non-English posts, too. Since we're obviously not translating every post into every language, I get more information by looking at the other posts and Google Translate's poor attempt. The OPTION to hide posts in various languages sounds good, but never if it comes at a price of delay.
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    ohh.. a delay? yeah, that would indeed be bad.. is there no way to work around this using a tag-system? would allow for realtime result generation, or am i being stupid?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response, ZOS_AlanG, and naturally I am against any delays being introduced. I had it more in mind that when you select your language you would then ensure that only the boards for that language would appear, and that the Dev Tracker would therefore have a different section for each language. There could be an option still for people to find the different language sections and read them but you wouldn't have to wade through columns of multiple language posts as you do now. At the very least they need to be separated out.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    This is an option being discussed for both the Dev Tracker and Recent Discussions, as we understand it will greatly improve readability. However, if implemented, these features will no longer update "live" but will periodically refresh a few times an hour.

How does less clutter relate to a delay like that? if anything it should make things run smoother? I just don't see how other forums can filter out the dev tracker but you guys are having so much trouble with a basic feature like this.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on September 20, 2014 4:18PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to suggest a change to the "Recent Discussions" to allow us to select which categories are included in this list when we look at it.

I use this as my main method for keeping up with what is going on without having to pop in and out of different categories.

Allowing me to select which ones appear when I pick Recent Discussions would help to filter out the "noise" from the content I am looking for across multiple categories.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to suggest a change to the "Recent Discussions" to allow us to select which categories are included in this list when we look at it.

I use this as my main method for keeping up with what is going on without having to pop in and out of different categories.

Allowing me to select which ones appear when I pick Recent Discussions would help to filter out the "noise" from the content I am looking for across multiple categories.

I can go with that, it's a variation on what I was asking for.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
This discussion has been closed.