The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Steam Keys

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malpherian wrote: »
    You also seem to misunderstand my statements on F2P.

This game will NOT go F2p "Because" it fails.

It "Will" go F2P because it is a more manageable, and profitable system in today's gaming world. It is also the more business intelligent choice for console release. In addition it populates the servers, almost tripling if not quadrupling the consumer base.

Um, some of us won't touch free 2 play with a twenty foot barge pole.

I played SWTOR but only because it had the sub, which meant I was still playing a sub game, I didn't need to buy stuff to make the game work. If it had been pure F2P it would have required buying buffs to make it work, which I didn't want, and still don't.

If it goes F2P I leave, as it stands currently it can't support the Freemuim system (not enough difference between a Sub and F2P), and while I will play Freemium, I won't play F2P.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malpherian wrote: »
    You also seem to misunderstand my statements on F2P.

This game will NOT go F2p "Because" it fails.

It "Will" go F2P because it is a more manageable, and profitable system in today's gaming world. It is also the more business intelligent choice for console release. In addition it populates the servers, almost tripling if not quadrupling the consumer base.

Um, some of us won't touch free 2 play with a twenty foot barge pole.

I played SWTOR but only because it had the sub, which meant I was still playing a sub game, I didn't need to buy stuff to make the game work. If it had been pure F2P it would have required buying buffs to make it work, which I didn't want, and still don't.

If it goes F2P I leave, as it stands currently it can't support the Freemuim system (not enough difference between a Sub and F2P), and while I will play Freemium, I won't play F2P.

I agree, F2P is for people who don't want to work OR are so damn cheap that they expect others to work for free. The micro-transactions, the giant flashing sign to botters, hackers, and spammers, AND the underage. NO THANKS. At that point, I'd be finding something else as well. I'll support this grand game for as long as it's using a real game's model.... PAY... TO PLAY. SIMPLE. That means they have incentive to keep working on the game without screwing everyone over with micro-transactions and so accommodating to hackers, spammers, the underage, and botters.
    Options
  • gtclm67b16_ESO
    gtclm67b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS can you please care, and give an update ?
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add this to Steam as well.

NOT AS NON-STEAM GAME BUT AS A STEAM GAME with all the tracking features that come with Steam.

Steam is also a great way for my friends to see what i am playing and join me if im playing something they do as well. They cant see me playing ESO without Steam tracking features.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
    Options
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...ugh, was hoping to see the end of this. Curse you thread necromancy, curse you in the face!
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »

NOT AS NON-STEAM GAME BUT AS A STEAM GAME with all the tracking features that come with Steam.

Steam is also a great way for my friends to see what i am playing and join me if im playing something they do as well. They cant see me playing ESO without Steam tracking features.

It ain't happening, sorry but if it was going to happen it would have happened by now.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It ain't happening, sorry but if it was going to happen it would have happened by now.

Your faith for stagnancy is a bit far out, sorry. Just like in many other games where people have asked for tears about a feature they want. Like Transmog on WOW for example, if folks had just given up, it would not happened.

I also realise that this is quite an old Thred but then again, i feel that making same thread all over again serves no purpose when one exists allready.

Edited by Tapio75 on September 22, 2014 10:23PM
    Options
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes because a mechanic in game being added years after a game launched equates to a company losing money by giving you a steam key? oh and they can see you play ESO by loading it as a non steam game. Also, the steam does not allow them to play with you through steam the way it does for other games that are actually steamworks game.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How exactly are they going to lose money? It is not like i am getting a game free since i allready have a full copy of physical Imperial edition with all pre order extras and everyone else has allready purchased the game license.

You really think we are interested to get another game for free? If we want another account, we have to buy another game, period.

All people want is to be able to add game to Steam with ability to track activity and such.

For the wolf? Well i am not after that but it could be great idea for Steam and ZOS to offer option to purchase it from Steam at a reasonable price.

Star Trek Onliune and LOTRO for example offer this feature, you can add them to Steam and use your existing account .
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your faith for stagnancy is a bit far out, sorry.

Not a faith in stagnancy, just a deep seated view that's partially cynical, partially optimistic.

Steam Keys unfortunately have fallen into the Cynic side of my world view.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • WhiteShepherd
    WhiteShepherd
    ✭✭
    i just want to use steam to buy the imperial edition. or the future updates since the game is going buy to play.
    I can't buy them trough the site because they only allow VISA and other cards.. i don't have these cards because i need to pay 8€ every month to my bank for just having it, even if i don't use it.
    as soon as the have SOFORT banking i can buy updates and imperial edition.. steam already has this payment offer, so i can buy more from zenimax, but i think i just won't buy anything then
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i just want to use steam to buy the imperial edition. or the future updates since the game is going buy to play.
    I can't buy them trough the site because they only allow VISA and other cards.. i don't have these cards because i need to pay 8€ every month to my bank for just having it, even if i don't use it.
    as soon as the have SOFORT banking i can buy updates and imperial edition.. steam already has this payment offer, so i can buy more from zenimax, but i think i just won't buy anything then

Are you asking a question? This topic was dead last September.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • friends_with_the_popenub18_ESO
    I don't personally know of a single game that gives you a Steam key when you bought it elsewhere, even if it was before it was released on Steam.

So I doubt they will be doing this. When a game is on Steam they get a cut of the proceeds. It would not be in their best interest or in any agreement they made to do this.

The Elder Scrolls anthology gave Steam keys, as well as Fallout: New Vegas.
    Options
  • Misa
    Misa
    ✭✭✭
    I don't personally know of a single game that gives you a Steam key when you bought it elsewhere, even if it was before it was released on Steam.

So I doubt they will be doing this. When a game is on Steam they get a cut of the proceeds. It would not be in their best interest or in any agreement they made to do this.

The Elder Scrolls anthology gave Steam keys, as well as Fallout: New Vegas.

you get steam keys for shroud of the avatar too, same with space engineers and medieval engineers
    Options
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thing just refuses to die. Third time necromance'd.
    Options
  • DanPhyronix
    DanPhyronix
    Soul Shriven
    This is ridiculous. I bought this game on day 1. What's the problem with handing out Steam keys for existing owners? Many other games do that. I got a Steam key from the Elite Dangerous devs for free because I bought it before it it was available on Steam.
    I expected a better treatment for their customers. I guess its time to go back to MMOs where the publisher & devs care about their fanbase more than Bethesda & Zenimax.

What a shame, I really liked this game.
    Options
  • Ravereth
    Ravereth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUMP!

I'm still waiting for the signs on the ground and sky for the possibility of connecting the game with full rights and perks to the STEAM platform.

Anyone agree?
    Edited by Ravereth on January 29, 2016 1:07PM
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ravereth wrote: »
    BUMP!

I'm still waiting for the signs on the ground and sky for the possibility of connecting the game with full rights and perks to the STEAM platform.

Anyone agree?

It's already available. You just need to buy a copy on Steam and install, then log in using your original account.
    Options
  • Ravereth
    Ravereth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's already available. You just need to buy a copy on Steam and install, then log in using your original account.

So are U suggesting that i need to buy again the key via steam to using my existing account?
    Kiddin' me, Mate?
    Options
  • mmacarthur
    mmacarthur
    Soul Shriven
    I purchased the digital Imperial Edition of this game many moons ago, it saddens me that the developers choose not to provide us with free Steam keys so we can fully integrate the game into out library. Real shame :(
    Options
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    The fight against necromancy continues here on the forums as this thread is being banished back to Oblivion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.