Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just some quick math for console players to keep in mind and put things in perspective.

- Just about every PC player w/ a V14 toon got 70 free CP in 1.6.
    - 3 additional months of 1.6 before console release = about 90 CP from just enlightenment.

That alone is already 160 more CP than console players who played the same amount.

- If we look at PC players who play more actively (earning about 1 unenlightened CP a day), that's another 90 CP.

The difference between such PC players & their console counterparts is now ~250 CP.

If you think 501 looks like a good cap as a console player, then take that into consideration and add another 160-250 to it before you tell PC players to shut it.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Hexyl
    Hexyl
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. It will mean more impact on choice for champion point. So lore diversity and That's good.

A step to the right way zos. Thanks.
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    OK, different strategy to attack this issue:

There are achievements (Champion of Rain's Hand, Evening Star, Last Seed) that each require spending 1200 CP in their respective trees for a total of 3600 CP spent...

1. How would a person obtain even the first level of those achievements (300 each, total of 900, 399 more than a cap of 501 would give)?
    2. People that already have these achievements would be a bit upset if the achievements were taken away, or made easier to obtain.

The cap cannot be less than the 3600 CP needed to get those achievements without upsetting the MOST hardcore and loyal of players, which would be idiocy at best. And BTW, I have less than 90 CP, so, no, I am not arguing for me, but for the ones this would really affect.

But aren't the most hardcore and "loyal" (not sure what makes them more loyal than others, but whatever) of players the minority group? ZoS needs to do what is best for the majority of players if the game is to remain viable.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic. Good call ZOS.
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS did data mining and looked at player champion point numbers. They know more than us on what a good champion point cap would be.
    Edited by Justice31st on October 5, 2015 9:57PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Just some quick math for console players to keep in mind and put things in perspective.

- Just about every PC player w/ a V14 toon got 70 free CP in 1.6.
    - 3 additional months of 1.6 before console release = about 90 CP from just enlightenment.

That alone is already 160 more CP than console players who played the same amount.

- If we look at PC players who play more actively (earning about 1 unenlightened CP a day), that's another 90 CP.

The difference between such PC players & their console counterparts is now ~250 CP.

If you think 501 looks like a good cap as a console player, then take that into consideration and add another 160-250 to it before you tell PC players to shut it.
    No....there isn't a 250 spread (this only applies if two people do the exact same things at the exact same rates with no life or outside influences and never had crashes or problems )

Because there are those of us who transferred from PC to console. More than you think
    There are console players who are brand new to console with more than me cause they play more, maybe use more exp pots are just cause they are more efficient.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS did data mining and looked at player champion point numbers. They know more than us on what a good champion point cap would be.

You are assuming that the reason they are putting a cap in place at all is only because of player feedback and complaining about the CP gaps. Naiive and shortsighted. There are many other reasons for them to make the choice of implementing this at THIS particular time rather than three months ago when it was showing itself to be a problem.
    Options
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

The big shock is going to come when pvp players think the only reason they are losing fights is b/c of CP and they keep losing even with the cap in place.

KiLt Em

-M
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine with a cap.

Agree totally with the "catch up" mechanic of faster / slower progression depending on the number you have (should have been that way from beginning).

501 remaining the cap until the DLC after Orsinium? That's too low. The number is fine for right now, not in 4-5 months.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Oh I feared it would be lower than that, I am actually OK with this. I believe the average number of points that players currently have is around 300 - there would be no point in a cap much higher than 500, as it wouldn't have the desired effect.

I've been playing for almost two years and have ... 31
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If this were true, then they would have different caps for PC and console, so it's not just based on actual data.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »

You are assuming that the reason they are putting a cap in place at all is only because of player feedback and complaining about the CP gaps. Naiive and shortsighted. There are many other reasons for them to make the choice of implementing this at THIS particular time rather than three months ago when it was showing itself to be a problem.

Oh now I am naive for relaying what the creative director said on a past ESO stream? Well since you had to resort to personal attacks on my character I will no longer take the time to reply to your future posts in the future. Good day!
    Edited by Justice31st on October 5, 2015 10:03PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    Avalon wrote: »
    OK, different strategy to attack this issue:

There are achievements (Champion of Rain's Hand, Evening Star, Last Seed) that each require spending 1200 CP in their respective trees for a total of 3600 CP spent...

1. How would a person obtain even the first level of those achievements (300 each, total of 900, 399 more than a cap of 501 would give)?
    2. People that already have these achievements would be a bit upset if the achievements were taken away, or made easier to obtain.

The cap cannot be less than the 3600 CP needed to get those achievements without upsetting the MOST hardcore and loyal of players, which would be idiocy at best. And BTW, I have less than 90 CP, so, no, I am not arguing for me, but for the ones this would really affect.

But aren't the most hardcore and "loyal" (not sure what makes them more loyal than others, but whatever) of players the minority group? ZoS needs to do what is best for the majority of players if the game is to remain viable.

Sort of, yes, try to appease the majority, but don't upset the people who give you 14.99 every month AND still spend even more in your store, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future... The majority of players, honestly, play a little, then take time off, play other games, come back for a bit, etc etc... They might spend 10-20 in the store every couple of months... That minority, OTOH, spend 14.99 a month, and probably 20 every month, if not more... Which one makes the company more money in the long run?

There's a reason why MMO developers have consistently (since 1999) made most of their expansion content have high level content, raids, etc... Those 'minority' players are the profit. Best to keep them happy.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    So, no reason to play the new content then since we can't get anything out of playing. Already got gear, xp - especially first time xp for completing quests - will be wasted on not getting to earn cp out of it.

Not fun?

Not exploring a new area?

Not new stories, new quests, new NPCs, a new look at parts of Tamriel we haven't seen yet?

Ahhh.... I guess we are 'here' for different reasons. I don't have anybody over vet3, and I'm still looking forward to it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have played 700 hours on my Character and have 120 Champion points... so I don't think it should be higher than 500. If you have more stop grinding and actually play the game.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People hate the CP system wanted a cap, cap gets brought in people hate the cap want it higher.
    500 is fine you get all that you need, which is probably why it's at 500.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those people complaining about the 501 CP cap.. what u want the cap to be? 3.59k?
    i have started playing back in may and on 250 CPs (with plenty of grinding) and its the half of the cap.. if u have issues and need the cap to be 700 (which is good for you and bad for me) you can quit the game for some months and come back, you'll get what u want.
    scared to meet people in pvp that have the same number of CPs as u do? dont worry, by time i reach 500CPs you'll be having 300 CPs extra than mine so dont worry too much
    Edited by Waseem on October 5, 2015 10:06PM
    PC EU

Options
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgive me if this has already been asked, but this has been puzzling me a little:

If player A has 501 CP (Cap) they can spend 167 in each of the three trees

If player B has 1500 CP, but can only spend 501 of them, could they put all 501 of them in a single tree (e.g. Mage constellations)?
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great players will still be great, good will be good, bad will be bad. Dumb change imo.
    Options
  • ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    But doesn't anyone with OCD is getting a reaction from 501????

ncBpwbi.jpg

In all seriousness, it had to be divisible by 3.
    Ryan Ruzich
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I love the cap, should have been even lower but 500 is fine :)
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »

Oh now I am naive for quoting what the creative director said on a past ESO stream? Well since you had to resort to personal attacks on my character I will no longer take the time to reply to your future posts in the future. Good day!

I apologize then. I was not trying to attack you personally. I was trying to say quite simply that I think what you are saying sounds naiive and shortsighted because it is essentially reducing the issue down to "ZoS knows best." That does not take into consideration that there are obviously many other reasons why they are implementing this cap now. And yes I am sorry to repeat it, but believing every statement groomed for an ESO live presentation is not something that some of us are still in the habit of doing - having been here long enough to see the results of that mistake in the past of the game.
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshTal wrote: »
    They may change this any way.

501 seems ok to me, much more than I have but hey ***. 501 is still a lot but hopefully it might make PvP more fun right now I just seem to get killed all the time.

They can't put the new content on 500 points because most of us don't have 500 and so the content would be impossible.
    It wont change a thing... CPs never killed you.
    Options
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People that hate the CP system are upset because there are people who have this game as their main source of entertainment, and thus spend way more hours than the rest... They have thousands of CP, and rightfully should... If someone practices piano as much as those people play ESO, they'd be another Beethoven... They earned what they have, let them have it. If we don't have that kind of time, then oh well...

Personally, I wonder why they don't just make CP character specific, instead of account wide. Would solve a great number of issues.
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omUmHlGdroE

ESO Live - Episode 26.
    Starts @20:37
    Edited by Justice31st on October 5, 2015 10:11PM
    Options
  • TalonShina
    TalonShina
    ✭✭✭
    Rather than a cap I think this is the better solution The amount of XP required to gain a Champion Point now scales with the number of total Champion Points you have. get rid of the cap idea but stick with this idea.

Lower numbers gain it quite fast once you hit say 501+ (just for the sake of the notes) your rate goes down and continues to go down in a reasonable way of course. Catch up mechanic and also not forcing people to bank CPs once they reach the cap only to possible reach the cap instantly when the cap goes up.
    Talons Fury - Sorc. Tank
    Dargothic Empire : Main Guild

Be Unconventional! Make Dargothic Empire one of your five guild homes. New Guild building for a full gaming experience. Make the guild what you need. PVE/PVP groups, helping hands and MORE...It's up to you Dargothic Empire is your guild to build! C3 Voice Channel, Website: dargothicempire.shivtr.com
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    501? Bad call, this is going to affect way more people than they let on, especially the people sitting at 400 or 350 right now, who will potentially hit 500 soon. Should have been 700 at minimum.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not quite at 501 yet and I agree the cap is too low, Id see it as more amenable to be at 7-800 for the people that have vested a lot more time into doing experience for champion points. This is definitely something that should be risen before the patch.

Have it so that people that are way behind on champion points can work their way up to about 250-300 easier and then anything past that is normal experience gain for champion points, and have the cap at about 800. Leaving it fair for the players that have played continually since the launch of the champion system but still giving and advantage to people that have come late to the game.
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    But doesn't anyone with OCD is getting a reaction from 501????

ncBpwbi.jpg

In all seriousness, it had to be divisible by 3.

Ah that explains it :)

Still makes me twitch, tho ;)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Nikkiy
    Nikkiy
    ✭✭✭
    I´m at 570...
    Not from grinding CP, just by enjoying and playing the game.
    Why not just go back to 1.5 if the progression system penalizes / punishes you for
    having a good time?
    Options