[Patch Notes] Champion Point cap will be set at 501

• r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshTal wrote: »
    They may change this any way.

501 seems ok to me, much more than I have but hey ***. 501 is still a lot but hopefully it might make PvP more fun right now I just seem to get killed all the time.

They can't put the new content on 500 points because most of us don't have 500 and so the content would be impossible.

But ZOS seems to estimate that 500 will be reached with three month of this DLC, which means it should be at least aimed to 300+ CP.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    This is stupid.

501? That's going to be a much larger portion of players at cap than they let on. I just recently passed that, so doesn't impact me in a way that's going to lower what my character is now, but gives me no room to grow.

So, no reason to play the new content then since we can't get anything out of playing. Already got gear, xp - especially first time xp for completing quests - will be wasted on not getting to earn cp out of it.

Should have given more points so people have actual room to grow over the coming months.

This is a nutshell is the reason why capping CPs in NOT a solution.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    330wfft.jpg
    signing off
    Options
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP doesn't need a cap. If anything, just make them worth less, not worthless.
    They were built to scale and built with their own DR. If there's a problem with CP (which there is), simply adjust the scale or the DR FFS!

@ZOS - THIS ISN'T WOW!!! Stop trying so damn hard to turn it into the same old crap game everyone else already hates.
    Edited by Kungfu on October 5, 2015 9:38PM
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fine with the cap, I wish CP would still just cost 400k/per though.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    It seems quite high for consoles but I'm fine with it.

I guess the cap has got to last until Orsinium and then the 3-4 months for the next expansion.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    This is stupid.

501? That's going to be a much larger portion of players at cap than they let on. I just recently passed that, so doesn't impact me in a way that's going to lower what my character is now, but gives me no room to grow.

So, no reason to play the new content then since we can't get anything out of playing. Already got gear, xp - especially first time xp for completing quests - will be wasted on not getting to earn cp out of it.

Should have given more points so people have actual room to grow over the coming months.

What's funny is that all the VR rank haters are going to sit here and cheer for the fact that CP cap will be the new VR level. Soon you'll have cp1000 gear instead of VR18 gear - same thing will go on, just with a different name. All the cap does is add a level increase in a new way.

There should be a catch up mechanic and that should be it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

This is stupid.

You still will be able to earn champion points for future cap increments. And right now people are only speculating when they will increase the future champion point caps. They could easily increase the cap with one weekly update in the future. Eventually having the mind set of not playing anymore due to a cap will back fire on you since they will eventually raise the cap higher than your current champion points...
    Edited by Justice31st on October 5, 2015 9:40PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is clearly an attempt by the Empire to get you to join the 501st Legion.
    Options
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's at the very lower end of what I expected.

About as low as they can get away with. Few people will be affected at introduction, but that number is going to start rising almost immediately and quite fast.

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This, combined with the pack of XP scrolls included with the special DLC package that will be for sale with Orsinium, should give many a chance to quickly catch up. Is this a bad thing?
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

This is stupid.

You still will be able to earn champion points for future cap increments. And right now people are only speculating when they will increase the future champion point caps. They could easily increase the cap with one weekly update in the future. Eventually having the mind set of not playing anymore due to a cap will back fire on you since they will eventually raise the cap higher than your current champion points...

Rose colored glasses there.

I wish I had as much faith as you do.

501 was not the right choice (in my opinion), so no, I don't think they will make more right choices going forward either.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    This is clearly an attempt by the Empire to get you to join the 501st Legion.
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought that immediately on seeing the number :D
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

This is stupid.

501 was not the right choice (in my opinion), so no, I don't think they will make more right choices going forward either.

Well, to console players it was. I have played 8+ hours a day since console release and only have 135 champion points.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    That's at the very lower end of what I expected.

About as low as they can get away with. Few people will be affected at introduction, but that number is going to start rising almost immediately and quite fast.

This ^

501 may be a good cap RIGHT NOW, but not in a month when a ton of new content to do comes out.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not low enough.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    The amount of XP required to gain a Champion Point now scales with the number of total Champion Points you have.
    i6r5VDO.gif
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm gotta test this out on PTS but it seems logical if you're under the cap. If you're over the cap and don't PvP this really sucks
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news <3 thank you Zenimax.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

This is stupid.

Well, to console players it was. I have played 8+ hours a day since console release and only have 135 champion points.
    I would hope that everyone understands the obvious need for a different cap # for console vs PC, considering the 70 CP most PC players got at the start of the CP system + the 3 additional months before console release.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

This is stupid.

I would hope that everyone understands the obvious need for a different cap # for console vs PC, considering the 70 CP most PC players got at the start of the CP system + the 3 additional months before console release.

I agree, having different level caps for both PC and console would be the most logical and fair for all parties.
    Edited by Justice31st on October 5, 2015 9:47PM
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 500 CP is just fine. I wish they'd get rid of them altogether! Those with over that amount are going to be PO'd..... LMAO
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is stupid.

This is stupid.

Rich said that you will still be able to earn the CP, just not spend them until cap is next raised. That was in a Live episode where they confirmed the CP caps.

I'll take Rich at his word until proven otherwise. I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt.
    New Creative Director, new shot for ZOS.

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, different strategy to attack this issue:

There are achievements (Champion of Rain's Hand, Evening Star, Last Seed) that each require spending 1200 CP in their respective trees for a total of 3600 CP spent...

1. How would a person obtain even the first level of those achievements (300 each, total of 900, 399 more than a cap of 501 would give)?
    2. People that already have these achievements would be a bit upset if the achievements were taken away, or made easier to obtain.

The cap cannot be less than the 3600 CP needed to get those achievements without upsetting the MOST hardcore and loyal of players, which would be idiocy at best. And BTW, I have less than 90 CP, so, no, I am not arguing for me, but for the ones this would really affect.
    Options
  • Forcebuster
    Forcebuster
    ✭✭
    So basically with the 500 cp cap zenimax is babysitting new players, just like they did with the imperial city damage reduction. If you dont have time to react or break cc you deserve to die. The new thing is" if you started today it's ok buddy you will be as good as someone who played this game for 2 years just buy our new 100% exp pots." People asked for progression, now zenimax is taking that away from people, I feel bad for the people that actually bought 100-200 scrolls and spent a lot of time grinding or playing the game all day only for Zenimax to say im sorry ill have to stop you cuz there are new players that gotta be better than you. I am sure everyone will complain in a month because everyone will be above 500.
    also @ZOS_RichLambert ofcourse the cap you guys suggest will affect small amount of people but those small amount of people are probably the most dedicated players that played this game since beta. its like throwing olds toys and replacing them with the new ones that will spend more $$
    Edited by Forcebuster on October 5, 2015 10:00PM
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

This is stupid.

Please. This is not the point and it is also overlooking the fact that this is a cap being put in place when new content is being released. How long do you think it will take people to hit 500 with this additional catch up for new and slow down for "old" players in the CP system anyway?

Sorry, but saying that ZoS can track your XP and save it for you for later has already proved to be a huge mess for those of us at cap before, with the intro of v14 and later the into of CP since we had played literally millions upon millions worth of XP, and got just the 70 CPs for the effort. If they cannot introduce yet some other element in the UI to accurately track XP so we know what we really are earning, if anything, there is little point if you are already at the threshold to essentially waste potential XP towards CP earned on new content until there is a level cap increase, but as Xaaran points out haters gonna hate on level cap increase as well.
    Edited by Soulshine on October 5, 2015 9:52PM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

This is stupid.

I'm from PC and transferred to console...I don't understand why anyone would feel a difference should apply.
    The folks that were brand new to ESO on console get to catch up and new to PC.
    I transferred over and had a good amount so now regardless of where anyone is...there is a max for everyone. The Same max because there are people on console who were on PC. The max definitely at 501 has Everyone in mind....sucks for anyone above 501 who doesn't PvP tho

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid.

This is stupid.

I'm on PC. Don't grind. But I do play consistently and just passed the upcoming cap within the last week or so.

There should probably be two different tiers for CP cap, one for PC and one for console.

My concern is more about being able to earn something out of playing the new content coming out more than losing the handful of points I might be over the cap as it stands. I see little reason to actually play the content, might as well just keep pvping with friends when they feel like it and not waste money on the content. Then I'll build background CP by pvp anyhow and can actually save questing for the future when and if there is ever something I'll get out of it since you can only complete most quest turn ins once (per character you have).

The big shock is going to come when pvp players think the only reason they are losing fights is b/c of CP and they keep losing even with the cap in place.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heh, i got 195, but i'm lazy hehe
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they didn't choose the number arbitrarily. I'd guess it is based on the current mean or an acceleration derivative, for what the mean will be in 2-3 months. I used to play a lot and now hardly play at all, and am sitting a bit north of 300. However, to balance content and PVP they have to hit a target that represents something ahead of their average player base. Also the target cannot be so high it discourages returning players. Coming back, a simple utility calculation may indicate trying to catch up is pointless or requires too much effort, and sales are lost.

Those are the sorts of criteria I'd base my target on if I had data to examine.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options