The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ZOS, it is time to wield the banhammer against those AD exploiters

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bees83 wrote: »
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    roechacca wrote: »

AD must replicate the dance of this in a faction wide recording. It must be done.

better dye your armor to match this too, and i will sitchair and watch, please do this.

I'll be MJ
    Options
  • StienDeath
    StienDeath
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    At least 8 times (as of now) on Saturday and Sunday, AD on Thornblade NA exploited their way behind the Chim and Ghartok scroll gates to steal EP scrolls. They obviously do not have the talent or skills to grab the scrolls through legitimate gameplay so they need to resort to exploits. They know they are cheating. You know they are cheating.

How about enforcing your TOS and ensure fair game play by permanently banning those losers?

As a DC Player.. I completely agree.

As AD have been doing this, I have had my Groups run to that scroll and try and lead it back to the gate.

This is very sportsman like..
    play fare or don't play at all.

@ZOS It is time to put on your big girl panties and start enforcing crap.
    Your lackluster track record is shameful.
    It also make me wonder how a no name Game Dev groups even got their hands on the Elder Scroll's game in the first place .
    Tired of getting trolled by ZOS MOD's ........
    Ban Hammer of Hear of Daggerfall
    Founding Member
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now they'll hopefully stop claiming it's legit.

You are ever the optimist. :)
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

I dare to dream :cry:
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dare to dream :cry:

Incoming justification:

"Brian Wheeler only said quote bad unquote. He didn't say it was an exploit. He could have meant bad like we were BAD in an awesome way. It's not our fault ZOS has grey areas."
    Tal'gro Bol
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its sad that some people need an official response to understand its not intended and an exploit.

It was an exploit in DAOC if you did it, it was an exploit in GW2 if you did it and its an exploit in ESO if you do it.

3 bloody games it was an exploit, and you still need a person to tell you its an exploit
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its sad that some people need an official response to understand its not intended and an exploit.

It was an exploit in DAOC if you did it, it was an exploit in GW2 if you did it and its an exploit in ESO if you do it.

3 bloody games it was an exploit, and you still need a person to tell you its an exploit

Oh, they knew it's an exploit. They probably just felt like trolling the forums.
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The question remains is it a punishable exploit ? Just like all the exploits BOTH factions are using , if there's no punishment or official control , it will never stop .
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, they knew it's an exploit. They probably just felt like trolling the forums.

I was actually amused by the troll thread saying they were proud of how AD had taken the lead without using cheesy tactics or exploits - unlike EP and DC. That was funny.
    Tal'gro Bol
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah young padawan, you are learning.

I was actually amused by the troll thread saying they were proud of how AD had taken the lead without using cheesy tactics or exploits - unlike EP and DC. That was funny.

<3
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question remains is it a punishable exploit ? Just like all the exploits BOTH factions are using , if there's no punishment or official control , it will never stop .

I'm sure no one's getting banned. ZOS will just patch it.
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or not. Most likely not. Instead they'll just nerf the crap out of Dragon Leap and punish all DKs.
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, what they will do (and have already announced) is nerf Ferocious Leap more to remove the vertical axis. Even though (it is claimed) the exploit involves a horizontal leap with Take Flight.

Same thing they did with chain pull - making that a useless skill in PvP.

:disappointed:
    Tal'gro Bol
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, what they will do (and have already announced) is nerf Ferocious Leap more to remove the vertical axis. Even though (it is claimed) the exploit involves a horizontal leap with Take Flight.

You can also get up there with other abilites, according to the AD guild who's been using the exploit. ZOS is instead looking at making the Scrolls un-pickupable if the Gates are closed: you can still get in, but it'd be pretty pointless.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 2, 2015 5:44PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B AD.
    Options
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can also get up there with other abilites, according to the AD guild who's been using the exploit. ZOS is instead looking at making the Scrolls un-pickupable if the Gates are closed: you can still get in, but it'd be pretty pointless.

It's not an exploit, it's a bad. so what time should I be at what gate to help heal? :o
    Meh...**** it..
    Options
  • Verdwhisper
    Verdwhisper
    ✭✭✭
    So many trolls out there, why even bother with that scoreboard, team up, be a trollslayer, you know they will be pissed because they cannot win unless with at least 2 times more zerg. Zerg, that's all they derserve.
    Options
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did AD ever managed to actually secure the scroll? I saw a few attempts at this in Thorn Saturday (when I was playing as AD), but they all failed. If anything it was a waste of effort on AD's part. Not that that makes it right.
    Edited by GorraShatan on February 2, 2015 6:50PM
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, they will nerf legitimate play styles instead. No more hiding behind open gates. Nerf DK leap/flight. Should just ban the offenders and not punish honest players. AD - I thought you were better than this. As a DC player, I don't even want to take the ill gotten scrolls from AD.
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did AD ever managed to actually secure the scroll? I saw a few attempts at this in Thorn Saturday (when I was playing as AD), but they all failed. If anything it was a waste of effort on AD's part. Not that that makes it right.

They did indeed, they tried 5 times this weekend that I'm aware of, but were intercepted and stoped 4 of them. The 5th and last they secured it at Roebeck.
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • jaebdub
    jaebdub
    ✭✭✭

They did indeed, they tried 5 times this weekend that I'm aware of, but were intercepted and stoped 4 of them. The 5th and last they secured it at Roebeck.

The point was never to capture the scroll.
    Jagermeister - v14 NB
    Alacrity
    Options
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they do incorporate gates into the temple structure than I don't see why they don't just animate them and key them to open when the keeps go down. Only other option would be if a dedicated small group stayed on guard duty at the scrolls round the clock but that'd probably be immensely boring. Maybe buff the temple guards and put them on steroids until keeps are taken? Add a scroll-keepers buff that boosts dmg and health by 100% when the associated keeps are up? Dev's do need to stop sitting on the fence when it comes to issues like this. You can only tip toe on the fence so long before you slip and land painfully on your crotch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6OfApv6404
    Options
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst part of all this is that some of those who do these actions are likely doing it for trolling purposes. Once March 17th hits and the B2P crowd cotton on to these exploits (famous, not against ZOS) then there'll be countless players on every side making full use of the "grey" areas of ZOS and making PvP a laughing stock.

ZOS need to fix this issue and resolve their "grey" areas so that the game has some chance of success in the future.
    The Legendary Nothing
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaebdub wrote: »

Regardless of the point, all it achieved was 1) Dragon Leap getting nerfed, 2) Scrolls will be made un-pickupable when the Gates are closed, and what I assume the intended goal was all along 3) Annoy/*** off/troll EP.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 2, 2015 7:43PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaebdub wrote: »

Regardless of the point, all it achieved was 1) Dragon Leap getting nerfed and 2) Scrolls will be made un-pickupable when the Gates are closed.
    And, I assume the intended goal, 3) Annoy/*** off EP.

Ferocious Leap is being fixed to what they intended, the same way Take Flight and the unmorphed Dragon Leap were months ago. To think otherwise is delusional.

Secondly, we don't use Ferocious Leap, we use Take Flight.

The goal here is to get exploits fixed and make as much noise as possible. Hopefully sometime in the near future ZOS will become aware of how these constantly abused exploits affect the PvP community.

Dark Flare, Purge, Wall of Elements, Ferocious Leap. All exploits which Red abuses on the regular, but nobody talks about it.

EDIT: #3 is correct with one caveat. The groups we like don't care about any of this, the groups we dislike are so outraged they probably lost hair this weekend. Notice how IR has had zero presence in all this? We like IR.
    Edited by Tripwyr on February 2, 2015 7:48PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
    Options
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    edit #14

Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭

#14 edit
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the gate was never opened and players gate hop, tunnel, or use any other means to bypass a closed gate from the assaulting side, that is "bad".

tumblr_mg2lap5q0P1roavl3o1_500.gif
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Ferocious Leap is being fixed to what they intended, the same way Take Flight and the unmorphed Dragon Leap were months ago. To think otherwise is delusional.

It wasn't intended that you could use it to leap up walls, thus it's being made so you can't. Same for Gates, as Brian Wheeler earlier in this thread said you're not supposed to go through when they're closed.
    The goal here is to get exploits fixed and make as much noise as possible. Hopefully sometime in the near future ZOS will become aware of how these constantly abused exploits affect the PvP community.

Nothing wrong with that, so long as we can get people stop to pretending only one side uses them.
    EDIT: #3 is correct with one caveat. The groups we like don't care about any of this, the groups we dislike are so outraged they probably lost hair this weekend. Notice how IR has had zero presence in all this? We like IR.

I have no idea who IR is :neutral_face:
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on February 2, 2015 8:11PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with that, so long as we can get people stop to pretending only one side uses them.
    I've never agreed with you more
    Options
This discussion has been closed.