The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

Usara
Usara
✭✭✭✭
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/03/28/meet-your-new-assistants

I thought it would be around 2.5k. And I was thinking about it. Now I'm not. 35€ for an NPC.... it's "a bit" too much.

EDIT :

You can participate in the poll in this thread :
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256386/at-5000-crowns-each-will-you-buy-the-new-assistants
Edited by Usara on March 28, 2016 10:17PM
What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Oldmanlawlor
    Oldmanlawlor
    ✭✭✭✭
    They only deal in items you steal anyway.

A waste of real money of you ask me.
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    That's disgusting. Should be 50% off for ESO Plus Members at least. Wow was saving my crowns for these but now I'm not so sure. They have to reduce this surely.
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banker would be nice if it worked in IC:)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 crows? Hahaha.

In a game where you can port to wayshrines and be anywhere on the map in less than a few minutes.
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• cyx54tc
    cyx54tc
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    The banker would be nice if it worked in IC:)

not working in cyrodiil so I assume it wont work in IC either~
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope, you're thinking about the smuggler.

Those assistants are a Banker and a Vendor (who doesn't even repair ;))
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, these are a personal Banker and a Merchant, not the Smuggler.

Ouch on the price. I'm also not looking forward to more of those Interact prompts getting in my way. Had enough trouble with people and their smugglers.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5k Crowns for a vendor that doesn't sell and can't repair anything? Certainly not.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, at those prices I don't think I'll be getting them. I like the convenience, but I don't like the convenience that much. At 1500-2500 Crowns each I could probably justify it.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is almost $40 for a freaking assistant? WTF, i preorder new releases from Best Buy and it cost me 38 bucks plus tax. This might be the biggest ripoff i have ever seen in a video game. One assistant cost as much as i pay for entire games. Crap i bought this game on sale for $40 in December plus it gave may something like 8000-9000 crowns with it. But one assistant is 5000 crowns which is equivalent to almost $40?
    Edited by flguy147ub17_ESO on March 28, 2016 4:52PM
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait what? The Merchant doesn't repair items? Sigh.

Guess I'll just buy the banker.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the vendor repaired gear, I would consider it, but just to sell items? And is that 5000 each or for both? That seems really excessive.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thats the Thieves Guild Assistant. Not the ones coming to the Store. Those will be doing different jobs.

As to the OP. I do agree. This might be a reflection of the sales department over reaching with the pricing. 2500 Crowns would of been much more reasonable.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on March 28, 2016 4:56PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    @rotaugen454 Seems like its 5k per assistant.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Really? Where did you find that they only deal in stolen items? Because that seems to be the exact opposite of what that link says. Or didn't you read it before complaining? Especially because the one line specifies *NON-STOLEN* items. And I've never noticed that BANKERS buy anything at all, stolen or not.

Starting on March 31st, we'll be welcoming two additional assistants to Tamriel: Tythis Andromo the Banker and Nuzhimeh the Merchant. As his title suggests, Tythis is a banker that can be summoned whenever you or your group members need him to hold onto items or gold through your personal bank. Nuzhimeh will purchase anything that you or even your group offer to her. In addition to being incredibly convenient, Nuzhimeh will buy any non-stolen item, and neither will take any sort of cut when you or your group members use their services, so there are many profits to reap!
    Edited by JKorr on March 28, 2016 4:55PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000 Crowns is my limit for a convenience item. 5000 Crowns is not even worth consideration.

It is far too easy to port, for free, to a guild mate and then to a WS near a bank to spend anymore than that. I mean, one or two times I have had full bags and no easy way to get back to a bank (Cyrodiil) and during those times I just bounce mails off a friend.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I won the Thieve's Guild's fence assistant,but she takes 35%,plus doesnt let you pay your bounty like other fences do.So,I dont use her.
    I would like the banker though.Just not for big bucks like that. I'll take the shrine travel.
    Edited by Volkodav on March 28, 2016 5:03PM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it come with crafting tables as well? If not no thanks. I deconstruct the gear I find then I go to the bank ;)
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    1000 Crowns is my limit for a convenience item. 5000 Crowns is not even worth consideration.

It is far too easy to port, for free, to a guild mate and then to a WS near a bank to spend anymore than that. I mean, one or two times I have had full bags and no easy way to get back to a bank (Cyrodiil) and during those times I just bounce mails off a friend.

Agreed. It would have to be for something truly spectacular before I'd consider paying that.

Now if it was inventory/bank space.... maybe. But not for a banker or merchant.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see people dropping 5k on those infinite crafting bags (if ZOS decided to make them non-ESO+ exclusive) but not on this.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on March 28, 2016 5:01PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question is will the merchant offer repair services such as all other merchants offer....
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real question is will the merchant offer repair services such as all other merchants offer....

No she doesn't. I used her on the PTS. You can only sell your items. She doens't have even have Repair Kits or anything usefull.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already know that the merchant doesn't.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too rich for my wallet. But as long as some players pay this, zox will continue setting prices accordingly. Vote with your wallet. It's the only thing which gets zos' attention.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5k crowns? WTH, I bought some crowns on sale a while back, but I'll be damned if I throw it all away on these. How is it possible that these convenience pets are worth 2k crowns more than base Orsinium?

Fire the guy in charge of pricing.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Thanks for the answer. Does the banker give you access to your guild banks, or only your personal bank?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Thanks for the answer. Does the banker give you access to your guild banks, or only your personal bank?

Only the Personal Bank. Just like the Bankers in the Refuges
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Take it you didnt read the article.

The guy is a banker that you can use and the girl you sell any itmes to at any time which is quite useful. 5000 crowns is way too much though way too much
    Edited by mb10 on March 28, 2016 5:17PM
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS officially announced the next group of assistants, so I am going to wait for one of those.

The Farmer (5k crowns):
    This assistant will farm any level mats, will leave the crawlers just to *** off other players, and will openly complain about the drop rates on the forums while you are away at work.

The Drunk (5k crowns):
    This is not so much an assistant as a "backseat" driver for while you do dungeon runs. This NPC will remove the pressure of telling others how to play by loudly and obnoxiously pointing out the misplays of other group members. He/she may even hurl a few insults and threaten to quit the dungeon if others don't agree to do the gold key.

The Gamer (10k crowns):
    This is an NPC that will basically play the game for you, defeat your enemies, direct all your other assistants, and change your password so you cannot play the game anymore.

Edited by FortheloveofKrist on March 28, 2016 5:14PM