Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Something Fishy Going on with Critical Strike

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Great testing, @Gilliamtherogue. We're currently looking into this issue, but haven't nailed down the exact problem yet.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great testing, @Gilliamtherogue. We're currently looking into this issue, but haven't nailed down the exact problem yet.

Would be nice i dont want to invest time and my mats into build i will never use...
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno , please let me know if you need me to do any additional testing with specific perimeters. Shoot me a message with specifics and I'll get to it within the day :)
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update, I hopped on PTS and was trying to test some more numbers. Crit appears to be working again, but I only got one good test in before I stumbled on a world boss that I've been trying to solo for a bit. The crit values I'm getting are fluctuating between high 60's and low 80's, and I have 76.9% crit on my template character. I'll do some solid testing when I get back tonight where I get 4-5 minute parses and check the values. Here's hoping it's all good :)
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Options
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update, I hopped on PTS and was trying to test some more numbers. Crit appears to be working again, but I only got one good test in before I stumbled on a world boss that I've been trying to solo for a bit. The crit values I'm getting are fluctuating between high 60's and low 80's, and I have 76.9% crit on my template character. I'll do some solid testing when I get back tonight where I get 4-5 minute parses and check the values. Here's hoping it's all good :)

Just want to say thanks Giliam, I am planning on a high crit build for the arena, and all your info here has been really helpful. I will try to get on tonight and add to the numbers.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great testing Gil, hopefully it gets fixed
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »
    Statistically speaking the probability of 6 failures in 6 attempts with an 85% chance of success is .00001139.

121411_1611_SecureRando1.png

:wink:
    Edited by F7sus4 on October 27, 2015 5:14PM
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure do hope it is working correctly at the moment and also at launch.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent about 4 hours on PTS in the past couple of days and got some more solid testing in. Crit seems to be MUCH more in line with the tooltip, although I am still seeing a loss based on my overall testing (Roughly 5-8% loss, sometimes less, but never more than my tooltip, unlike live). I'm going to dump some more screens for proof, although this is not all of them (I have over 50 screens and picked the larger test pools for more accurate evidence)
    kkm1tKh.jpg
    eO3yr5L.jpg
    kWbTU2H.jpg
    IFjKs12.jpg
    xp6DPI5.jpg
    MLcFjB0.jpg
    gWPja0t.jpg

Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to update, we have identified the issue (unfortunately I can't say exactly what it is since I'm not at the office and can't look it up) and the team is working on a fix, though it'll be included in a future incremental patch and not when Orsinium is published on Monday.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you trust ftc in next update?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you trust ftc in next update?

FTC rips direct text from the game that's hidden to our UI, so yes.

Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update, we have identified the issue (unfortunately I can't say exactly what it is since I'm not at the office and can't look it up) and the team is working on a fix, though it'll be included in a future incremental patch and not when Orsinium is published on Monday.

Awesome!! Thank you so much for the update :)

Options
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will this be like the medium armor Agility passive bug where console didn't get a fix until about a month after it received the DLC? Or will it be fixed in the initial console release?
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGrimey wrote: »

Will this be like the medium armor Agility passive bug where console didn't get a fix until about a month after it received the DLC? Or will it be fixed in the initial console release?

Blame M$ and $ony for that... certification (as-in asking big bucks to make sure people write PlayStation™ Network instead of PlayStation® Network and things like that)
    Options
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    MrGrimey wrote: »

Blame M$ and $ony for that... certification (as-in asking big bucks to make sure people write PlayStation™ Network instead of PlayStation® Network and things like that)

Its mostly microsoft imo... PS doesn't take nearly as long for certification as XB1 does. When Mortal Kombat had patches, PS got them about 3 weeks before XB1 did. The reason for this as stated by the developers was that Microsoft takes alot longer for their certification process. I'm sure in ESO's case, Microsoft probably made Zos agree to sync both console's updates and patches.

Options
  • Leifnier
    Leifnier
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno When you can, could you update us as to what it is that is causing this so we can avoid putting that into our build until the fix comes in (if it's something we can even do that with)
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leifnier wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno When you can, could you update us as to what it is that is causing this so we can avoid putting that into our build until the fix comes in (if it's something we can even do that with)

In the history of Tamriel, there has been almost no weekend green posts, so don't expect a post until this goes Monday, in which it'd be in the patch notes.

Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno , I couldn't help but notice there wasn't a known issue segment to Monday's patch notes, so players are still unaware of what the problem with critical strike chance there was and avoid it till it was fixed. When you pop in to the office do you think you can find what the problem is linked to and let us know, so we can keep that in mind during testing? Many thanks!

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give us an Update ZOS

Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Another Monday has passed with no update of what in particular is being affected by critical strike. Can we please get some confirmation about this bug? The silence is getting extremely frustrating.

Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is so under the radar lol
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    This is so under the radar lol

Yeah and I just found out they broke pet critical as well. 10/10

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Are we just going to be broken for Weeks? MONTHS? YEARS? Please ...
    Edited by Xantaria on November 12, 2015 1:10PM

Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually decided to shelf my main toon due to these bugs, and likely the game for some time until this stuff gets fixed. Shame but I guess there are just more important things to fix like argonian swim speed and silly quest glitches.

Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, apologies for the delay. Been waiting for an ETA on this fix, but unfortunately don't have one at the moment. Just trying to figure out if this is something that can go into an incremental patch, or if it needs to go in the next update for whatever reason. We'll try and get something nailed down and will let you know.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for the delay. Been waiting for an ETA on this fix, but unfortunately don't have one at the moment. Just trying to figure out if this is something that can go into an incremental patch, or if it needs to go in the next update for whatever reason. We'll try and get something nailed down and will let you know.

Can we at least get a name on what's broken at the moment? Is it passive bound, internally related to combat that we have no choice over? Just a name to what's going on would help a lot so players can understand what to avoid until it gets fixed. Thanks.

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is such a huge problem and yet it just seems it's not getting adressed enough. Delaying a patch on this to the next major update just because most people haven't realized what's going on is not going to cut it. It affects pretty much everyone. Those with higher crit more than those with lower crit. The general game balance is already favouring Magicka Builds (low crit values). On paper trying to scale Stamina builds with Crit and Crit Damage is looking good, but as long as this problem persists all our 'paperwork' is useless. And your game balance is broken.
    Edited by Xantaria on November 13, 2015 1:59PM

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And @Gilliamtherogue

Could You pick Thief instead of shadow and buff yourself up to 100% crit and see if you have noncrits there?
    Unfortunately I do not have a Khajiit Nightblade to achieve that.

Then people cannot explain your results with RNG. 100% is 100%. And if it is not, then it's proven broken.
    Edited by Xantaria on November 13, 2015 2:03PM

Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    And @Gilliamtherogue

Could You pick Thief instead of shadow and buff yourself up to 100% crit and see if you have noncrits there?
    Unfortunately I do not have a Khajiit Nightblade to achieve that.

Then people cannot explain your results with RNG. 100% is 100%. And if it is not, then it's proven broken.

Its not that easy to test. It might be programmed that 100% is 100%, but as soon as you are below that, its wrong. But its worth testing ofcourse. I can confirm I get lower crit then normal. I have 85% crit chance and in long boss fights, only 70-75% of my attacks did a critical strike. If it worked correct, I should usually get 1 or 2 percentage more then my crit chance, since its above 50%. (sry if you dont understand why, Im to lazy to write it).
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options