The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Server maintenance times

esogamer2014
So what youre saying is that the US Megaserver is going to come down at 8pm Wednesdays and 6pm Sundays for people in Western Australia? So we can possibly lose 2 evenings of gaming a week ?
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Probably one of the down falls of only having two "megaservers." Even when an online-only game has servers around the world there are still people that complain and are inconvenienced by maintenance regardless of when they do it.

With only two servers, the number of people complaining about and inconvenienced by the maintenance time will be astronomical.
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot judge normal downtime days or timeframes from what happens in the first weeks of game launch. During this time the devs are going to be fixing the issues that they couldn't get fixed before launch. There are still a number of bugs that need to be fixed and they will bring the servers down multiple times during the first weeks to implement the fixes as they become available.
  • wingnamrwb17_ESO
    wingnamrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They should announce it in the game... They close the server at around 12 am this morning for us gmt +8 time zone. No prior notice at all.
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    They started sending out system messages 15 min prior to server shutdown. I know this doesn't seem like a long time but they didn't even get the post up on the server status forum until an hour before the servers were going down. This tells me that this wasn't a particularly planned maintenance. This is probably a quick fix to some of the problems they have been getting a mass amount of tickets about (ie AD frog race, "missing nodes", dark anchor bugs, ect.)
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there and enjoy the "new car smell" or is it a "new MMO smell?" :p
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    smells like Vanilla to me :p
  • Johnny_NO_skillz
    Johnny_NO_skillz
    ✭✭✭
    Any confirmation on how long it'll be down?
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Johnny_NO_skillz
    Not of yet...
    Edited by k9mouse on April 2, 2014 5:42AM
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    They are having to do emergency fixes. Today there has been a big issue with people getting randomly disconnected. I'm hoping that is one of the things they are addressing.
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    Negative, personally I'm glad they aren't giving a timeframe on maintenance. That is one thing that always annoyed me with other MMOs because (not that it was necessarily anyone's fault) 9/10 times maintenance took longer than they thought
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it appear in the next patch notes?
  • Droll
    Droll
    "North American Megaserver

Wednesdays at 13:00 BST (8:00 a.m. EDT)

Sundays at 11:00 BST (6:00 a.m. EDT)

European Megaserver

Tuesdays at 13:00 BST (14:00 CEST)

Sundays at 09:00 BST (10:00 CEST)"

It's in the morning. not PM
  • Bunzaga_ESO
    Bunzaga_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I actually prefer a time frame. Is it 1 hour? 8 hours? At least we know if we go to bed and get up in a few hours, or do we stay up and wait?
  • Tuchaka
    Tuchaka
    ✭✭
    Ya i have had a few mobs not even respond when i attacked them, i'd rather they just get the work done and hopefully as time goes on we will get some time frames but they could just as easily give us a time range and have it be wrong and THAT would be the complaint instead. Launches are rocky always will be....
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    Those usually take only 1h to 2h so isn't big deal, if it goes wrong ZOS informs about it too.
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just waiting to start my research and head to bed....
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Droll wrote: »

European Megaserver

Where did you get this information from? I've never heard of any periodic maintenance schedule.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • ZOS_JanS
    ZOS_JanS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, everyone!

We're very sorry about the inconvenience. This maintenance had to take place for our team to address an issue. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible to let you know when the maintenance is over. Thank you for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Meogi
    Meogi

European Megaserver

Sunday at 10 am (CEST)?
    Woah, Zenimax takes their social responsibility serious and don't want gamers to be 24/7 in weekends :p
    At least I know now when to schedule breakfast and house chores
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JanS wrote: »
    Greetings, everyone!

We're very sorry about the inconvenience. This maintenance had to take place for our team to address an issue. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible to let you know when the maintenance is over. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you. I would also like to know what it is you fixed during the maintenance, if possible.
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JanS wrote: »
    Greetings, everyone!

Thank you. I would also like to know what it is you fixed during the maintenance, if possible.

Agreed, it would be nice to know what was fixed so we can take the appropriate steps to complete a quest that was fixed if that was the case :)
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Also, if your server room caught on fire, we want to know that, too ... :smiley:
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if there is a live server status implemented on the game pop up interface(the interface where you click 'Play')
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Johnny_NO_skillz
    Johnny_NO_skillz
    ✭✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    Also, if your server room caught on fire, we want to know that, too ... :smiley:

Ditto
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if there is a live server status implemented on the game pop up interface(the interface where you click 'Play')

This one just tried to log in for the sweetrolls and nothing else better to do. It told me that the servers are down and change the login button to "5M" Khajiit guesses ZOS is planing for 5 more minutes then....
    Edited by k9mouse on April 2, 2014 6:06AM
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    I don't care about knowing a time frame, As it's not a scheduled maintenance, It's expected that they aren't sure on an exact time frame.
    All that should matter to people is whether or not the issue they found is repairable.

Also...
    @ZOS_JanS‌ - Quick question, but if maintenance happens on a frequent basis in the future, Will people lose out on Paid Game Time during the maintenance? Or will their subscription time be put on hold during the duration of the maintenance in case the maintenance is severe and manages to last 24 hours?
    An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.
  • Karkashan
    Karkashan
    k9mouse wrote: »
    I am just waiting to start my research and head to bed....

So glad I was all like "I should just make sure that I'm researching as much as possible during this". So now I'm researching my third skill line with a bow even though I don't use them...

grimabepraised
  • pacoflyerb14_ESO
    hopefully
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

European Megaserver