The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Subscriber Loyalty Program"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Subscriber Loyalty Program. Thanks for spending your time with us, and we hope you'll enjoy this token of our gratitude!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • kanaris933eb17_ESO
    Awesome! One question though, i am renuing my sub every month with paysafe (meaning i never set up a 3 month sub time). Will I be still eligible for it?
  • Charlton3k
    Charlton3k
    Soul Shriven
    I'm just waiting for the console release, then I will be subscribed indefinitely :smiley:
  • asterixchaos
    asterixchaos
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to say: I'm pretty excited about this. Part of what kept me signed up for Champions Online for so long was their kick-ass loyalty program. I can't wait to see what ESO has for us! :D
    Arivanya Vraseth - Shady Altmer Noble Sorceress
    Dhalia - Bosmer Thief
    Lalolil Ozilamya - Imperial Bard and Secret Werewolf
    Prikaza Pumonca - Khajiit Thief/Assassin
    PC/NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Awesome! One question though, i am renuing my sub every month with paysafe (meaning i never set up a 3 month sub time). Will I be still eligible for it?
    Yes, that's fine. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, it's a good job I bought the 180 day subscription at launch.

EDIT: Also, why is this in the French sub-forum?
    Edited by KriHavok on August 21, 2014 3:03PM
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Docide
    Docide
    Soul Shriven
    Since the game launched I have been subscribed to it. Every month or so my subscription expired because I use Ideal to pay which won't allow me to set up a recurring subscription.

So my subscription has a few minor interuptions, ranging from a few hours to 2 days. Will I still get rewards?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I swap the ice wraith for a piggy please? Or give us a 'pet token' (if it really has to be a pet) and let us choose one. I have no intrest in sort of fantasy pets (apart from my guar). As a vey fine provisioner I'd rather be followed around by something that can double as a mobile larder - goat or chicken or cow would also be useful.

Same thing could apply with 'disguise tokens' and let us choose from several designs available.

In fact you could even introduce this system for some quest rewards once the mechanics for the choice system is there. Essentially it could be a shop interface and you 'buy' the item you want with the relevant sort of token.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • gamerb14_ESO9
    gamerb14_ESO9
    ✭✭
    I like this idea, but have a one concern -- will all these "gifts" take up bag slots? Right now I have to have a second toon to keep all the pets, trophies, and any special awards from quests, just in case someday we get player housing. I've already had to delete or deconstruct some items I would have loved to keep. Can't we have some sort of tab in our bank for items such as these which do not count against purchased bank space?
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docide wrote: »
    Since the game launched I have been subscribed to it. Every month or so my subscription expired because I use Ideal to pay which won't allow me to set up a recurring subscription.

So my subscription has a few minor interuptions, ranging from a few hours to 2 days. Will I still get rewards?
    When you reach the 3 months of ''paid gametime'', yes.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Nice, it's a good job I bought the 180 day subscription at launch.

EDIT: Also, why is this in the French sub-forum?
    Because reasons. Fixed! ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone purchases the 3 month or 6 month sub, and then cancels it right away so that it does not renew automatically, are they still eligible for the 3 month/6 month reward? The reason is that some people (myself included) are not comfortable with it being automatically renewed. I plan on purchasing another 1 month/3 month/ 6 month sub when mine expires, depending on how much free time I have/ funds at the time/ if there is still content to do in the game. The way you worded the article, it seems like only people with active subs are eligible, which isn't very fair. It should be based on the initial plan purchased.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ That cheeky fix.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    If someone purchases the 3 month or 6 month sub, and then cancels it right away so that it does not renew automatically, are they still eligible for the 3 month/6 month reward? The reason is that some people (myself included) are not comfortable with it being automatically renewed. I plan on purchasing another 1 month/3 month/ 6 month sub when mine expires, depending on how much free time I have/ funds at the time/ if there is still content to do in the game. The way you worded the article, it seems like only people with active subs are eligible, which isn't very fair. It should be based on the initial plan purchased.

They said on another thread that it applies so long as you have paid for the time, regardless of method. So if you paid for 3 months, then cancelled, you are still counted as subscribed for three months. They're rewarding you for keeping the account active, not for giving them your credit card number.
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • Jennermanb16_ESO
    Jennermanb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome job on the Loyalty Program
    yes vanity pets are cool but it would be better if you gave us something more useful ie limited edition Horse or pet that actually dose something useful ie buff or attacks your target but hey that's just my opinion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or give us a 'pet token' (if it really has to be a pet) and let us choose one.

This is a great idea. Let me choose the pet.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1). Love the idea of a loyalty program! Thank You!
    2). For the love of Meridia, please stop making pets that look just like enemy mobs! How many thousands of spells have I wasted since early access trying to kill someone's pet!
  • smudgebudge
    smudgebudge
    Soul Shriven
    I'm sure the 6 month reward tier will step up again and the year will probably be something insanely epic! Mounts are always good, but given that mounts are so limited right now anyway, it would make sense to introduce one thats available just through the game the regardless of loyalty, and THEN bring in an even more desirable loyalty pet! Either way this is all part of what makes this game, the support team and the devs so amazing! They made promises and they're sticking with them!
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nice, am getting concerned over our precious bank space though. I have the monkey and the crab sitting in the mail because I simply cannot afford to waste a couple of spaces on them.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • heavy_artillery
    heavy_artillery
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is great. Getting a reward for something I would be doing anyway! :)
    @Bluenotebacker in-game, NA Server
  • Cyrcle
    Cyrcle
    You should give us that dog you gave away on Steam. You know, since we can't properly link our games to Steam.
  • Indiana_Griffin
    Indiana_Griffin
    Soul Shriven
    Wait, I just have one question. Would I still get the pet if I used store bought cards instead of subscribing through their website?
    Edited by Indiana_Griffin on August 21, 2014 3:40PM
  • Yigrok
    Yigrok
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, I just have one question. Would I still get the pet if I used store bought game cards instead of subscribing through their website?
    That's exactly what i want to know, I've been "subscribed" to ESO since the release with game cards, already used two of them, so it would be nice if that counts too, otherwise.. it's going to be not cool for people who use game cards.
    Edited by Yigrok on August 21, 2014 3:49PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are going to need pet stables.

Seriously. If these things each occupy an inventory slot, the madness has to end. Pet objects cannot take up inventory or bank slots. They must be able to be stored in a stable and should have no impact on our inventory.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DogFaceInBananaPatch
    DogFaceInBananaPatch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am baffled by the responses. So yes, pay to beta test, and yes to another slot taken by a pet, and yes to not progressing your live character?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Docide wrote: »

I have the same question as ESO's had issues processing paypal for me twice now which has caused my account to lapse briefly each time. Is the loyalty program (hopefully) based on cumulative paid game subscription time rather than continuous payment only?
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on August 21, 2014 3:48PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first look this is a pretty thing, that's for sure.
    But when you think one step further, there is one little, nagging thing that's making me wonder.

The program has been introduced to us so everyone can see that a player has been subscribing for at least 3 month. And this is called loyalty.
    But what about those of us who are here right from the start, maybe even five days before the start (pre-release) and didn't cancel the subscription for a single day? Those who continued playing even though there were issues and problems and tons of doubts?

Please, don't missunderstand me. I don't want a special gift for playing this game. I even don't like those pets - mine are all rotting at the bank.

For me it's about the term loyalty. If it's loyal to subscribe for three month in a period of now almost five and more to come, how are players defined that play longer without subscription gaps? Wich term is used for them? Is there a climatic of loyalty in ZOS' definition?
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is turning into a Pet Zoo. Enough of these pets. Want to reward loyalty then give a set of armor or award skill points. Everywhere I go now I see pigs, dogs, crabs, monkey's etc following players. Not to mention, they take up bank and inventory space of those fools who think it is cool to sport a stupid pet behind them. Now soon a High Hrothgar Wraith pet Well when the reward comes out you can bypass me I don't want the darn thing.
    Edited by Palidon on August 21, 2014 4:05PM
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    But when you think one step further, there is one little, nagging thing that's making me wonder.

The program has been introduced to us so everyone can see that a player has been subscribing for at least 3 month. And this is called loyalty.
    But what about those of us who are here right from the start, maybe even five days before the start (pre-release) and didn't cancel the subscription for a single day? Those who continued playing even though there were issues and problems and tons of doubts?

Please, don't missunderstand me. I don't want a special gift for playing this game. I even don't like those pets - mine are all rotting at the bank.

For me it's about the term loyalty. If it's loyal to subscribe for three month in a period of now almost five and more to come, how are players defined that play longer without subscription gaps? Wich term is used for them? Is there a climatic of loyalty in ZOS' definition?

What he said.

Also a question about the pet.

Does it come with it's own bank slot so i have the space to keep it rather than destroy it to make way for more useful items?

Edited by egosumacunnus on August 21, 2014 4:04PM
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Loyalty program does not include early access, 30 free days included with game, or the 5 free days they gave us. So paid subscriptions basically started in like mid-May. 3 months under those conditions means you have been around since, if not the beginning, pretty darn close.

• MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Loyalty program does not include early access, 30 free days included with game, or the 5 free days they gave us. So paid subscriptions basically started in like mid-May. 3 months under those conditions means you have been around since, if not the beginning, pretty darn close.

Source?

Edit: And even if you can present one, you seem to totally missunderstand me. With the purchase of the game you do have an active subscription the day you install it and begin to play. Because the first 30 days are not really a free play time. You payed for them with your leap of faith to Zeni that this game is worth playing. Without the chance of testing it.
    Edited by MercutioElessar on August 21, 2014 4:13PM
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.