The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hardware Refresh Work Update – March 31, 2023

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi, @zos_kevin

can you please tell us what are the real consequences, visible or not, this update should have on our experience ?
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldartar wrote: »
    WOW, I mean, just WOW!! Read the room man.

I did. The room said "there's better ways of dealing with the clash of maintenances and events".
  • Hylhe
    Hylhe
    Do you know if we will have to DL something when this maintenance is done or will we just be able to log as if nothing happened ?
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hylhe wrote: »
    Do you know if we will have to DL something when this maintenance is done or will we just be able to log as if nothing happened ?

Shouldn't be a download as this is not a Patch update.
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil performance on PC NA did seem much better after the hardware refresh, but I wouldn't say it was "flawless." If you go back and reread the posts from that time, I think there were a few players who were saying that there were still some issues for them, IIRC.

As someone who plays on both servers every day, naturally I hope for the best, and I greatly appreciate all of the hard work, time, and money that ZOS has been putting into the hardware refresh. But I'm just saying, let's not be totally unrealistic in our expectations, or we'll probably just set ourselves up for disappointment if the results are anything less than miraculous.

TBH, I was wondering if part of the reason for the improvements on PC NA might have been due to simply shutting everything down, rebooting, etc. I have no idea what gets done during the regular biweekly maintenance-- do the servers get rebooted at all, or do they just get taken offline so various "cleanup" procedures can be run without actually rebooting?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure it’s for the best
  • lostineternity
    lostineternity
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Cyrodiil performance on PC NA did seem much better after the hardware refresh, but I wouldn't say it was "flawless." If you go back and reread the posts from that time, I think there were a few players who were saying that there were still some issues for them, IIRC.

As someone who plays on both servers every day, naturally I hope for the best, and I greatly appreciate all of the hard work, time, and money that ZOS has been putting into the hardware refresh. But I'm just saying, let's not be totally unrealistic in our expectations, or we'll probably just set ourselves up for disappointment if the results are anything less than miraculous.

TBH, I was wondering if part of the reason for the improvements on PC NA might have been due to simply shutting everything down, rebooting, etc. I have no idea what gets done during the regular biweekly maintenance-- do the servers get rebooted at all, or do they just get taken offline so various "cleanup" procedures can be run without actually rebooting?

Performance on PC NA were better, its true, but only for 3 months. Also I'm curious whose money ZOS put on upgrade after 9 years of non working Cyrodiil? Aren't that money from players?
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

this is the first thing my partner mentioned to me when I brought up the NA performance improvement thing to him
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is the first thing my partner mentioned to me when I brought up the NA performance improvement thing to him

Not an unreasonable thing to posit.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just logged in. Did my dailies, got my tix and seals. It's stable, loads of people in every instance, ping lower and steadier than before. Looks good to me so far.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the update there, @RaddlemanNumber7. Appreciate it.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'v logged in to my three accounts (working on the third now). I don't notice much difference (because I always have higher ping over satellite) but there sure are a LOT of people in Vivec and Auridon! I'm not usually playing on EU at this time of day....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I'v logged in to my three accounts (working on the third now). I don't notice much difference (because I always have higher ping over satellite) but there sure are a LOT of people in Vivec and Auridon! I'm not usually playing on EU at this time of day....

I'm on PSNA but you really shouldn't notice a difference unless you're in Cyrodiil where the problems were. Maybe its different on PCEU but I never had any performance issues outside of Cyrodiil.

@DirtyDeeds765
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

I'm on PSNA but you really shouldn't notice a difference unless you're in Cyrodiil where the problems were. Maybe its different on PCEU but I never had any performance issues outside of Cyrodiil.

The biggest difference, outside of any Cyrodiil improvements, will likely be less down time for unexpected server maintenance. After all, that was the stated reason for doing all of this work.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seems like was a smooth transfer to the new server, @ZOS_Kevin send my thanks to the team involved!
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Phanterdkb16_ESO
    Played yesterday all evening no lag, no desync god job for now lets hope it wil continuo :)
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems to me to be working OK. No noticeable change in my ping (still averaging about 400ms as usual).
    My fps is locked to my monitor refresh rate, so it doesn't normally go up, only down occasionally, and it didn't go down today.
    Edited by vsrs_au on April 5, 2023 10:45AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Cobble123
    Cobble123
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or is searching guild traders and guild mail ever worse than it was before (PC-EU)?

Just been booted from the server because I’ll had to click ‘Show more results’ 50 times just to get one guild traders full list of motifs.
  • POG4LIFE
    POG4LIFE
    ✭✭
    "why we preemptively added an extra day to the beginning of the event."

So you're anticipating people can't play and earn tickets and your solution is to benefit other servers more than PC EU (since everyone gets the extra day, not just PC EU), rather than just... schedule the maintenance some other time?

Don't get me wrong, yay for smoother Cyrodiil, but seriously, why are you so determined to consistently schedule maintenance at the worst possible times for your players? This isn't even an event thing, it's just even more ludicrous when it is.

Don't worry, be happy! We PS players complained when our servers were down for a couple days and everyone else benefitted from it. Moral of the story: It happens <3

Have a great day,
    POG
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice now since the maintenance, I have had "ESO quit unexpectedly". I wasn't even doing anything particularly strenuous on the in-game resources at the time - in fact I was just riding back from a World Boss (3 people and 2 companions doing it) to the nearby wayshrine.

[EDIT] Now four crashes in one day. This time I was just trying to log out of one character and into another.

Yes, I have plenty of system memory, it isn't that.
    Edited by jle30303 on April 7, 2023 12:16AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Thanks for the update and your patience with us in this thread. It is great to see the main takeaway is that players are excited that the new equipment is about to go live and that Zenimax prepared for the possibility of some players missing a day in the event and added a day to accommodate them.

• MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    is there any update about when the PS EU Server is gonna be done?
  • DortmunderGold
    DortmunderGold
    Soul Shriven
    Any update on fixing the combat code to get rid of the lag once and for all?
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    The live stream mentioned that PS EU Server will be upgraded next week. But I can't find any info about on what day that will be, can someone tell? (Hopefully AFTER the anniversary event has ended)
    Edited by msetten on April 12, 2023 9:11PM
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see that the hardware upgrade is DURING the last the of the Anniversary Event. So all the PS-EU players are loosing one day of event tickets and one days of event boxes. Why not do it one day later????
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag is unfortunately back, and old exploits are being used to increase lag again, any news on this?
  • meilink18
    meilink18
    ✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    I see that the hardware upgrade is DURING the last the of the Anniversary Event. So all the PS-EU players are loosing one day of event tickets and one days of event boxes. Why not do it one day later????

Maintenance scheduled to end: April 18, 14:00 UTC;
    Annivy. event scheduled to end: April 18, 14:00 UTC.

I'd say our "one extra day added to the event" is indeed of no use to anyone.

Why not do it a day later, you ask?
    Because then they wouldn't be plastering 14 hours of maintenance all over the trader-switch.

They do need to hit their Schadenfreude-Quota, and this just happens to be the worst possible timeslot for all players this week for some maintenance.

Can't be helped.
    Cicadas emerge in synchrony only in year-cycles that are prime numbers. We live in a simulation.
  • meilink18
    meilink18
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    The work on PS EU will be starting late this evening on April 17 and end in the afternoon on April 18. Scheduled times are April 17 at 8:00 PM EDT to April 18 at 12:00 PM EDT (12:00 AM UTC to 4:00 PM UTC on April 18).

Really @ZOS_Kevin ? 4:00 UTC is the Scheduled time, is it?

You sure you didn't quietly add two hours to the previously "Scheduled" time (2:00 PM UTC), assuming that'll suffice as an "update"...?
    Cicadas emerge in synchrony only in year-cycles that are prime numbers. We live in a simulation.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    meilink18 wrote: »
    The work on PS EU will be starting late this evening on April 17 and end in the afternoon on April 18. Scheduled times are April 17 at 8:00 PM EDT to April 18 at 12:00 PM EDT (12:00 AM UTC to 4:00 PM UTC on April 18).

You sure you didn't quietly add two hours to the previously "Scheduled" time (2:00 PM UTC), assuming that'll suffice as an "update"...?

the event ends at 2 pm utc so funnily an extra two hours doesn't change that
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • meilink18
    meilink18
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    meilink18 wrote: »

the event ends at 2 pm utc so funnily an extra two hours doesn't change that

Randomly stating something obvious, as a reply to what I said, yet entirely unrelated to it – always appreciated.

I don't particularly like trains.