Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodil - performance ABYSMAL!!!!

martinhpb16_ESO
martinhpb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
How can it be be so bad?

Last night:

- disconnected 5 times, packet loss where the world stands still until the game dc's. Others in my group were having the same issue
- sporadic momentary screen pop-ups like when a keep flips
- skills not firing off because of the recent ani changes
- unable to use any skills at all for 10-20 secs
- All on top if the usual Lag!!!

And now we hear about radical LA / HA changes that will also do who knows what.

Please stop with these constant radical combat changes, please really fix performance, please really look at class balance. OMG
Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on April 3, 2020 8:47PM
At least the spelling is difficult for you.
Hew's Bane*
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can’t or won’t fix performance. We are all in the same boat. After 5 years they have said all the things but have done none of them right.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also remember that there are a lot more people on than usual. Performance isn't going to get better anytime soon. My only advice is, if you're on WiFi, try connect with ethernet LAN if you can. It helps a little. :|
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also remember that there are a lot more people on than usual. Performance isn't going to get better anytime soon. My only advice is, if you're on WiFi, try connect with ethernet LAN if you can. It helps a little. :|

not in pvp, even with a lot more people home campaigns have a hard time reaching pop cap at prime time.

really sad.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is influenced by the total load on the megaserver.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance is now being drowned out by light and heavy attack threads.

• Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can it be be so bad?

Last night:

- disconnected 5 times, packet loss where the world stands still until the game dc's. Others in my group were having the same issue
    - sporadic momentary screen pop-ups like when a keep flips
    - skills not firing off because of the recent ani changes
    - unable to use any skills at all for 10-20 secs
    - All on top if the usual Lag!!!

And now we hear about radical LA / HA changes that will also do who knows what.

Please stop with these constant radical combat changes, please really fix performance, please really look at class balance. OMG

I don’t understand how you guys can be in a full server in PVP with the lag. I popped my head in for a little bit and everything you described was happening. I immediately left. The other server had one bar a piece. Wasn’t much lag there. Not a ton of players but if everyone would spread out between it and IC it would make it a bit better.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

I don’t understand how you guys can be in a full server in PVP with the lag. I popped my head in for a little bit and everything you described was happening. I immediately left. The other server had one bar a piece. Wasn’t much lag there. Not a ton of players but if everyone would spread out between it and IC it would make it a bit better.

Last night was even worse for me

Constant DC's, sporadic loading screens for no reason, locked skills, rezzing in keeps dead

Like you I gave up and logged off
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on March 25, 2020 6:15PM
    Hew's Bane*
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was trying to cut off a scroll runner last night (PN/CA noCP) by Bruma. I got a load screen every 10-15 seconds for about a total of 7 in a row before I just left the area. Have yet to see that since I started playing in 2016.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to cut off a scroll runner last night (PN/CA noCP) by Bruma. I got a load screen every 10-15 seconds for about a total of 7 in a row before I just left the area. Have yet to see that since I started playing in 2016.

Yup the load screen thing seems to be another turd in the Cyrodil sandbox
    Hew's Bane*
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's lagging so bad these days when you get outnumbered you better pre-roll because it won't work when you need it :D

I literally spam light attacks and heavies because most of the skills don't work or bug out...

Well at least noCP usually does not lag :D
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    Same thing with me and my mate, chasing the scroll up north and we'd get multiple micro load screens come and go in waves. We were AD players, so don't know if it makes a difference that we hadn't loaded those chunks in a while, but does not happen anywhere else on the map.

All my time playing Cyrodiil, never had that before.
    Edited by Taylor_MB on March 27, 2020 12:44PM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yup the load screen thing seems to be another turd in the Cyrodil sandbox

Not so sure it is just a Cyro thing. The following night, Thursday, I was clearing out some harvesting in Craiglorn and got the same thing... maybe like 12-15 of them. It was so frequent that I couldn't even port out of the zone. Thats the first and second time I've ever seen this kind of thing happen.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought it was just me until I saw this thread. Having the same sporadic momentary screen pop-ups also a lot of screen flickering around keeps. I know there is increased traffic because of the virus but man cycodill is really pathetic right now.
    Five years of this crap and a lot of worthless promises by ZOS to fix performance.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so sure it is just a Cyro thing. The following night, Thursday, I was clearing out some harvesting in Craiglorn and got the same thing... maybe like 12-15 of them. It was so frequent that I couldn't even port out of the zone. Thats the first and second time I've ever seen this kind of thing happen.

Also had them in Craglorn. For me just Crag and Cyro so far.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on March 29, 2020 12:29AM
    Hew's Bane*
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    I hate to say it but I think cyrodiil was better when we had the crashing several times than what we have going on now. Having to hit the same skill 10 times and hoping it finally works. Also seems like the game is holding all attacks and you insta die. Just to see you were hit with everything but the kitchen sink and only saw 1 arrow hit you. I’ve come across a bug while taking resources. Standing on the flag while half way flipped to my alliance and the previous npc’s reappear causing the flag to flip back instantly. Causes you or you and your group to fight them again. I’ve had it happen 3 times on the same resource. I could understand if the flag wasn’t halfway turned, but already changed just not finished?
    And now we also experience slow motion. Mounted or not. I’ve had my character not be able to move any faster than a walk even with rapids and mounted. The only way to get it to stop is to log out and back in. Seems like the new fixes have made more problems
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    We've removed some poss from this thread for violating our rules on Advertising.

We do not allow advertising on our forums. This includes, but is not limited to advertisements and promotions for the following:
    • Outside businesses and services
    • Other games
    • Any venture that results in monetary profit
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight I tried PC EU non CP

OMG - almost unplayable lag, skills not firing, bugged ultis, pop-up loading screens

Compared to CP its a relative ghost town, but still this absolutely abysmal performance.

It is actually sub-par and a bloody con to expect people to be paying for this crud!!!
    Hew's Bane*
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe ZOS is doing something behind the curtain. While playing last night, my skills still had delays with some not working at all but overall the performance was better then last week. Still a long way to go, but slow progress is better then no progress.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I believe ZOS is doing something behind the curtain. While playing last night, my skills still had delays with some not working at all but overall the performance was better then last week. Still a long way to go, but slow progress is better then no progress.

Glad its better on your side, it is definitely worse from where I am
    Hew's Bane*
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Performance today has been worse than ever so I doubt that
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Performance is worse than ever, hopefully they can pin the issues down.

They say every patch now "we're still trying to investigate the issues causing skill and input delay in cyrodiil" my bet is one day they will just exclude this and it will be never brought up again in the hopes we forget about it.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty sure they are just trying to move on and ignore it. Last year and this year is just about selling Skyrim in Dragons and well; actual Skyrim now. Just keep the numbers up and to hell with everything else.
  • MrCal
    MrCal
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah man it's been like that for 5 years, gets worse with every patch/update. ZoS started with saying how their servers would be able to hold tons of people fighting together at once but when it failed they pretty much ignored it. I even up'd my speed from 100mbs to 400mbs, didn't help at all. Now my ping is always an issue but my fps seem fine.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Other games
    [/list]
    I noticed other games don't mind you mentioning their competition on the forums. But then again, they have confidence in their product, so.. yeah.

• Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they were going to fix this crap soon? I haven’t played for awhile and today I dcd 5 times and was then out of the canpaign and had to sit in the q again! This is awful!
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    I thought they were going to fix this crap soon? I haven’t played for awhile and today I dcd 5 times and was then out of the canpaign and had to sit in the q again! This is awful!

I thought the same....a year ago.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should've seen when my Alliance was trying to take a keep a few days ago. We had just opened the Inner Front Door and suddenly I can't really move. I can only roll dodge in place, but go no where and I was slower than if I had toggled the "Perma Walk" button. But I looked around and noticed, it wasn't just me! Everyone in my Alliance was hit with this for about 3 whole minutes straight while the defending alliance was hitting us at regular intervals with counter siege. The entire Zone Chat exploded in "WTF's" and mimicking talking very slowly to cursing ZoS lol. But yeah, Cyrodiil is a complete mess. And at Prime time when all factions are poplocked, its of course, worse. Delays to straight up not working skills, siege (both placing and using/firing), mounting delays, break-free delays to not working, resources suddenly dropping to zero randomly (and out of combat), stuck-in-combat bugs (for players and keeps/outposts) light/heavy attacks not connecting at all, rubber banding, desync attacks, ults not working, crashes, the millions of .5 second load screens you get when running from point A to point B, infinite load screens, hard freezes that you have to restart your PC to overcome, etc....(I am sure I missed some). Super fun times.
  • DephlaterMouse
    DephlaterMouse
    ✭✭✭
    XBOX NA. I've found lately (all pvp servers) that if I'm a group my lag spikes and I get booted when I encounter enemies, but if I run solo alongside my group it's playable.

Gotta love the litany of bugs.
    USA to New Zealand transplant.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to Cyro this morning
    Killed one AD on Crops flag, which was a great accomplishment considering that I could only cast 1 ability every 3-4 seconds (but the flag NPCs helped a lot... yay?) and my self buffs refused to work at all.
    Forget any abilities with a cast time, "1 second" cast time is more like 6-8 seconds now.

Then, on the way to the next objective, I was hit by a stray NPC and got afflicted with the dreaded "stuck in molasses" bug, where even sprinting on my horse only allowed me to move at RP walk speed.

At which point I just ported out to IC, walked to the exit door and called it a day.
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 NA Cyrodiil is completely unplayable. It's literally an underwater Windows 95 dial-up powerpoint presentation. Skills fire 10% of the time, constant freezes requiring reset, bluescreen crashes, and infinite loadscreens. Here's some other gems of 10\10 gaming experiences I have daily: shield icon stuck on face until reset, debuff stuck on character until reset, CC break 4-5 times taking stamina each time and still never CC breaking, stamina recovery going to 0 until reset, stuck inside delve unable to escape, many more but those are what I have most. Oh yeah, also - time stops and my character runs super fast around the frozen time frame for a minute before crashing. Mid-fight 2+ minute loadscreens, slow-walking glitch where I am permanently snared, weapon glitch where any action makes my character have a seizure and ultimately defenseless. This is with the fastest connection available, everything wired, and an SSD. Maybe I need to buy more crowns?
    Edited by Steel_Heart777 on April 18, 2020 8:14AM
    • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
    • CP 2400+
    • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
    • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
    • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50