The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodil - performance ABYSMAL!!!!

• Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another data point:
    Yesterday I took one of my lowbie alts (a magsorc) into the main campaign on PC-NA, to farm up the 25k AP for a geode.
    This was roughly around noon US time, when the performance is still somewhat "decent".

The best highlights were:

1. After helping grab the Mnem scroll, I was stuck in combat until Cropsford - from where I ported to Aleswell, seeing as it was pointless to continue with the scroll group.

2. After AFKing for about 10 minutes at Aleswell, I was still stuck in combat with someone at the (now long since closed) Mnem gate. Curious.

3. At some point DC got the hammer, and a big fight broke out west of Aleswell. It was very interesting, because I could do essentially nothing except move and use basic weapon attacks. With a lot of button mashing, I was barely able to cast a selfheal every 10 seconds on average.

4. Since the hammer was a lost cause, I instead rezzed at Bleaker's to help repel a DC group which started sieging it in the meantime. Somehow, I was still "in combat" with someone at the Mnem gate.

5. Using magsorc abilities yielded quite interesting results:
    Frags would connect an overwhelming majority of the time, even with targets who were rolling like crazy;
    Wrath was very delayed and would sometimes still hit from as far as 80-100 meters away, usually ignoring LoS, and the delay was such that it made more sense to try to burst on the 2nd tick of Haunting Curse instead of the first.
    Flappy bird was rubberbanding all over the place and frequently would stop following me at all, clearly disapproving of my preferred direction of movement.
    Boundless Storm was useless for uncloaking NBs, who somehow could still cloak up and vanish somewhere despite me being right on top of them.
    Negate would eat all my ulti, but not actually negate anything until about 10-20 seconds later.
  • RecktrithiusOediphitry
    Cyrodiil is UNPLAYABLE. Skills are delayed in a horrid way, today I had for example two fights that I would have won without problem in battleground, but in Cyrodiil it's like mission impossible. 2-3 seconds of delay, random disconnect, random stuck in combat, list goes on. Might quit this game for good after pandemic is over if this won't get fixed.
  • csparks1
    csparks1
    ✭✭✭
    thought I should move this here as it is more applicable:

✭✭
    On a more serious note, I have been playing since the beginning - and I don't remember it being this bad before in CYRO. I remember it being CLOSE to this bad a couple of times - but they did things like HOTFIXES when we were all bitching. Now when there is something that SERIOUSLY affects Cyro gameplay

"We will be addressing that 'later' " (paraphrasing - but that's basically all I have heard for the last 2-3 years)

Every 6-8 months or so they post or say something to string us along and make us think that they are doing something. Then they just make more PvE content and costumes and houses (don't get me wrong, I love that stuff).

For the first 3 years of this game, I had hardly even ever done a dungeon. I only ran through delves to get the skyshards if I needed more skill points for PVP. Performance in Cyro started to be very frustrating -0 and that was when my entire guild either QUIT and moved on - or started doing PVE (which is what I did). I used to PVP 4-8+ hours every day, and now - I find it hard to make myself even do it for a couple of hours. I had NEVER done, or even WANTED to do a trial until this point. And I guess that is where I'm at right now, I really don't much WANT to do the PvE content - but

I can't do what I want because for the past 2-3 years - every time I start to enjoy PVP again - I *&^%&^% CRASH OR MY SKILLS DONT WORK!, oh and that damn stuck in combat bug!!

I quit playing on the PS4 a few months back (yes I played on the PC since the beginning and the PS4 for the past 2 yrs?) because IT WAS UNPLAYABLE IN PVP.

PLEASE FIX SOMETHING or I am going to have to just quit. This is my favorite game, I have spent a LOT of money on it - but I am just about to the point where the accumulated dissatisfaction is greater than the enjoyment.

next step is to sell everything in my craft bag and cancel eso+, after that I'm done - everyone knows you can't play this game without the damn craft bag