The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Good PVP'ers vs. Bad PVP'ers

• Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    What’s wrong with elitism?

Every PvPer has it. It’s just that their criteria are different. Large zerg guilds look down on small scale groups because the small scalers run away or lose the fight. Small scale looks down on large scale because they need so many people just to win a fight.

I’m absolutely an elitist even though there are plenty of people out there who are better than me.. and any PvPer who claims to be otherwise is either brand new or lying to themselves.

I mean honestly. Elitism is a disgusting trait. I guess that's the difference between me and most of the small scalers coming here to trash me. A lot of them are trying to low road me and question my ability because i'm not some well known streamer or someone who makes videos of crushing idiots. They don't recognize the absolute ridiculousness of creating highlight reels of yourself killing ***.

I'm a Purple Belt in BJJ. If I wanted to be highly respected in my community would I go crush white belts?

Come on dude. Elitism is poison. If you haven't admitted it to yourself yet you still have a long way to come at 32 years old.

Which to Tbois point. It sucks that I have to defend myself by referring people to my track record in other games. But what else can I do when some scumbag elitist wants to try and low road me?

Elitism ties into wanting to be the best. Believe it or not there is a section of society who wants to be the best at what they do whether it be work, games, or anything else in life.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »
    Skill can be measured in many ways, as is evidenced in this thread. In order to have any kind of logical, meaningful conversation, two sides have to agree on the criteria of which they are disagreeing. For instance if we are disagreeing on which fruit is better, apples or oranges, we have to agree that:
    1) they are both fruit
    2) that the word “better” in this case means “tastier”

If we don’t, we’ll all just keep yelling and nothing will ever be communicated.

Generally speaking, this thread is split into “good” and “bad” players in the title but both of these terms are subjective, assumptive, and make it hard to have a real conversation.

I think it’s much better, in this case, to split people by what their ESO pvp goals are and go from there. This makes sense because the terms “good” and “bad” are highly influenced by whether you think this person is accomplishing whatever goals you think are highest.

So instead we split ourselves amongst “faction success” and “individual or small group success”. The core differences between these groups is that they believe success is different things. One believes success is measured by helping assist the alliance war, helping to take keeps and win objectives for their team. They place a large emphasis on the team, on successful coordination, and they relish in their role in it. They care little for separating themselves from the team or individual mastery but instead on the larger mechanism that is faction. They base most of their measures of success on external factors like leaderboards, campaign wins, and kill death ratios. Think of this as a massive army such as that of the US government.
    - The end justifies the means.

The other believes that nothing I just mentioned really matters at all. They believe that the game is truly mastered and success is truly reached when you push yourself and your small group to perform against overwhelming odds. They believe that you succeed when you increase your reaction time, hand/eye coordination, decision making skills, recoverability, uptime of important buffs, and offensive capability. They enjoy finding the perfect ying/yang of offense/defense and analyzing and dismantling their opponent by being a few steps ahead and capitalizing on his weaknesses. They focus on optimizing themselves and their squad, and base most of their measures of success on internal factors such as “did I make the right decision in X situation” and “how can I better enhance Y.” Think of this as an elite tactical special ops group.
    - The process matters.

So, in short, once you realize that you are measuring good and bad by entirely different criteria, you will realize that this thread is ultimately very one sided. This is from the POV of the first kind of person, who does not understand or care to understand the goals, tactics, or successes of the second. Inversely, you will find that the second group of people understands the first very well because they used to be them. Nearly every small scaler you speak with will tell you they used to zerg when they started the game. Similarly to how not every soldier is special ops, but every special ops is a soldier. It is likely that the people you’re passing judgement on used to be exactly where you are, their priorities just changed over time.

So if you had to break this down to TL:DR, we understand you but you do not understand us. So perhaps instead of posting accusatory threads that celebrate your version of success as the only possible pinnacle, recognize that this is an incredibly misinformed POV. You should not attempt to mock, diminish, or pass judgment on a playstyle you cannot understand - or replicate.

This is absolute tom foolery, as I can post a number of videos from other games in which my elite "squad" demolishes other teams while I'm also simultaneously responsible for leading an entire faction.

See Aion - Siel. Malagen. My record speaks for itself.

You're assuming that I prefer large group PVP. No, I'm sorry, you misunderstood me from the very beginning it seems. I'm not arguing about the difference between small scalers and large scalers. I'm laughing at you for assuming that there is a difference.

You think that because you run with a small group or solo that you are "elite or special ops". I would argue that the only reason you put yourself into that bucket is because you're incapable of being both elite, and mature enough to also set aside your "eliteness" to achieve a greater goal.

The fact that you attempted to refer to yourself as special ops, jesus christ, I hope you're on PS4. I would absofuckinglutely love to duel you.

You're exactly the kind of person this thread was directed at. You assume that just because people enjoy large scale *** they can't also enjoy small scale stuff.

Here's what I would say. Most of the large scale guild leaders / group leaders could probably put together a small team that would absolutely RIP you. There is a reason they are able to get so many players to listen to them and the small scale community is known for being toxic.

You're elitist. I'm simply calling you out on it. It's good to know that you admit it yourself.

"The other believes that nothing I just mentioned really matters at all. They believe that the game is truly mastered and success is truly reached when you push yourself and your small group to perform against overwhelming odds. They believe that you succeed when you increase your reaction time, hand/eye coordination, decision making skills, recoverability, uptime of important buffs, and offensive capability. They enjoy finding the perfect ying/yang of offense/defense and analyzing and dismantling their opponent by being a few steps ahead and capitalizing on his weaknesses. They focus on optimizing themselves and their squad, and base most of their measures of success on internal factors such as “did I make the right decision in X situation” and “how can I better enhance Y.” Think of this as an elite tactical special ops group.
    - The process matters. "

^This is elitism disguised as, *** I don't know, whatever it is you need to tell yourself that makes you think you're special or different from any other player. You're not. And you're probably not as good as you're trying to come off as.

TLDR: None of you are special, but, back in the day, I was special.

No, none of us are special, you're either good or you're not. It's pretty *** easy to be objective of who is good and who is not, and it's really easy to tell from how they act in game.

People who avoid fights against difficult players because "friends". Yep, them ain't good players bud.
    What’s wrong with elitism?

Every PvPer has it. It’s just that their criteria are different. Large zerg guilds look down on small scale groups because the small scalers run away or lose the fight. Small scale looks down on large scale because they need so many people just to win a fight.

I’m absolutely an elitist even though there are plenty of people out there who are better than me.. and any PvPer who claims to be otherwise is either brand new or lying to themselves.

Ah... I love having people expose themselves. There's nothing wrong with it, I just like how everyone who is a small scaler and feels they are elite came here to white knight against me, and yet somehow throughout the thread subtly admitted I was right from the beginning. They are elitists, it's perfectly fine to be elitist, I just think it's funny when they try to pretend they aren't, or when they try to pretend they are but then avoid fights.

If you're ducking small scale groups that give you a challenge to farm noobs you're not elite. You're trash.

You seem to think that small scale v small scale fights, or vids of those fights don’t exist. They do. And I have more of those uploaded than I do of the 6v18 fights because to me they are more interesting... just harder to come by.

Here’s a vid of me breaking down some GvG strats while going over footage of my GvG fights. Those GvG fights are my group purposely getting together and fighting other small scale groups... the type of fighting you say we avoid. Note the duration and the fact that most of the people you’re arguing with here have made an appearance on the other teams. The only person in this thread who doesn’t show up in this vid at some point is you.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1fDqv7Imkho

I’m always at a lord zele stream of the duels
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MalagenR

I'm a Purple Belt in BJJ. If I wanted to be highly respected in my community would I go crush white belts?

You must have noticed that someone in your position wont make much sense to alot of people though.

How many of the people who are disagreeing with you in this thread have the slightest idea how much work it takes and psyochological developmemt you gain from being a purple?

Most of the 'elite' players just abuse mechanics and lame sets to the max... precisely contrary to the point you wanted to make with the purple.

Most of them won't get it. Elitism gets crushed out of you on the mats and you're taught to recognize it for the poison it is to your personal development.
    Dovahmiim wrote: »

This is absolute tom foolery, as I can post a number of videos from other games in which my elite "squad" demolishes other teams while I'm also simultaneously responsible for leading an entire faction.

You're assuming that I prefer large group PVP. No, I'm sorry, you misunderstood me from the very beginning it seems. I'm not arguing about the difference between small scalers and large scalers. I'm laughing at you for assuming that there is a difference.

You think that because you run with a small group or solo that you are "elite or special ops". I would argue that the only reason you put yourself into that bucket is because you're incapable of being both elite, and mature enough to also set aside your "eliteness" to achieve a greater goal.

The fact that you attempted to refer to yourself as special ops, jesus christ, I hope you're on PS4. I would absofuckinglutely love to duel you.

You're exactly the kind of person this thread was directed at. You assume that just because people enjoy large scale *** they can't also enjoy small scale stuff.

Here's what I would say. Most of the large scale guild leaders / group leaders could probably put together a small team that would absolutely RIP you. There is a reason they are able to get so many players to listen to them and the small scale community is known for being toxic.

You're elitist. I'm simply calling you out on it. It's good to know that you admit it yourself.

"The other believes that nothing I just mentioned really matters at all. They believe that the game is truly mastered and success is truly reached when you push yourself and your small group to perform against overwhelming odds. They believe that you succeed when you increase your reaction time, hand/eye coordination, decision making skills, recoverability, uptime of important buffs, and offensive capability. They enjoy finding the perfect ying/yang of offense/defense and analyzing and dismantling their opponent by being a few steps ahead and capitalizing on his weaknesses. They focus on optimizing themselves and their squad, and base most of their measures of success on internal factors such as “did I make the right decision in X situation” and “how can I better enhance Y.” Think of this as an elite tactical special ops group.
    - The process matters. "

^This is elitism disguised as, *** I don't know, whatever it is you need to tell yourself that makes you think you're special or different from any other player. You're not. And you're probably not as good as you're trying to come off as.

Considering how hard Jules just packed you up on the forums, I struggle to see how the outcome of a 1v1 would be any different. Literally this entire post is pure desperation, whenever you disagree with something you just scream "ELITISM!!". Tell you what, you're on PS4 right, so it's pretty simple to record a clip and upload it to YouTube. If you feel like backing up your attitude in this post, feel free to upload a video of your best smallscale fights, or even large scale! Looking forward to seeing what you're made of bro!

I have some clips but they are unedited. I'll see if I can find the time to cut them, though I have no idea how. Like I said earlier, I'm not so facetious or concerned about my reputation in a video game to create highlight videos of myself. But, it's obvious that without video evidence of my ability to play the game that it will be impossible to defend myself from accusations of being a "noob".

Which is why I never came here to make a statement otherwise. I came here to point out that in my experience people who don't PVP each other for fear of losing are not the best. You'll notice all these forum personalities came out to white knight for their crowd of people, but like I told them, they to me are rare cases. I'm not really referring to the popular, if you could call them popular, streamers of ESO. I'm referring to the other 95% of small scalers that say things like,

"you just got packed up"

"you just got clapped"

haha

Edited by MalagenR on December 17, 2018 3:25PM
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So upload the clips kid. I’m sure it’s against console pugs light attacking. Can’t wait to recognize zero names except for typical ps4 zerglings.
    Edited by Haashhtaag on December 17, 2018 3:57PM
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    So upload the clips kid. I’m sure it’s against console pugs light attacking. Can’t wait to recognize zero names except for typical ps4 zerglings.

You recognize names in the potato stomping videos that other people post? I feel like you're holding me to a standard you don't hold to other people.

Not a single person "known" in this thread has linked a 1vX video against good players. Because they know it's almost impossible.

I feel like as a Sorc in Murkmire my 1vX victories have come about due to 2-3 things - Atro / Mine spam - Reso Utl and perfect burst rotation that allows me to kill someone and bail - Meteor & perfect burst rotation that eliminates one of the players immediately.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You recognize names in the potato stomping videos that other people post? I feel like you're holding me to a standard you don't hold to other people.

Not a single person "known" in this thread has linked a 1vX video against good players. Because they know it's almost impossible.

I feel like as a Sorc in Murkmire my 1vX victories have come about due to 2-3 things - Atro / Mine spam - Reso Utl and perfect burst rotation that allows me to kill someone and bail - Meteor & perfect burst rotation that eliminates one of the players immediately.
    You hold yourself to that standard. I just expect after all the riff raft you’ve spewed in here you are of higher standard than those you’re trying hold others to. So get it posted let’s see all these well known players and guilds you fight outnumbered or even numbered and win.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You hold yourself to that standard. I just expect after all the riff raft you’ve spewed in here you are of higher standard than those you’re trying hold others to. So get it posted let’s see all these well known players and guilds you fight outnumbered or even numbered and win.

I mean this is a dumb comment because of what I stated earlier, I don't record all of my fights to create video highlights. I was running with Iceslayu, Jah-Sia, & Night Raid co. all night on Saturday night till 4 AM crushing red and blue groups at Aleswell, including Gooch & Sushii so *** off aye mate?

These are all well known PVP'ers on PS4 AD and honestly I don't know how I even ended up in the guild, was stoned as *** one night when Ice must have invited me because we 2v2'd some people on a resource. That's how good players connect, we see each other crushing *** and start becoming friends and running together.

Same thing with fighting TG's group for 2 hours the other night. We got 8 people who never game together fighting 12 and every exchange we trade 1 or 2 bodies a piece, back off and reset fight, and try again.

Simultaneously Sushii and I had a nice little 1v1 off to the side in which I lost to a very good NB that has been playing for YEARS, I've been here 6 mos and honestly could have resto ult spammed the 1v1 to a draw, but that *** is boring.

What you should consider is that I haven't held anyone here to standard that I don't practice. I practice, "if you're red you're dead". So, all of my videos will espouse this. Ever since I started running with Night Raid I've had to start ignoring certain people they are friends with, which is aggravating because some of these people can't stand me because of how often I'm on their death recap when they try to 1vX noobs. My bad for thinking you're not great if all you do is crush noobs and then die as soon as a legitimate player starts to help them. Anyways, I know they hate me because they'll ignore everyone in Night Raid while we are trying to GvG with Tg, but I'll have to kite people like NobleKnight indefinitely while putting pressure on Tg, and my new guild ignores him because they are friends, and I don't have time to put pressure on TG and kill Noble so I'm relegated to kiting.

Noble is exactly the type of player I'm complaining about. Mad cause he gets killed, interferes with GvG as a nightblade because he wants me to see his name on a death recap because his butt is hurt. Yet, he never killed me, and we still fought the GvG vs. TG for a decent amount of time.

Show me a video of you playing Sorc in a GVG guild fight having to kite an excellent player while simultaneously supporting your group and not dying.

I'll wait for it.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill can be measured in many ways, as is evidenced in this thread. In order to have any kind of logical, meaningful conversation, two sides have to agree on the criteria of which they are disagreeing. For instance if we are disagreeing on which fruit is better, apples or oranges, we have to agree that:
    1) they are both fruit

Generally speaking, this thread is split into “good” and “bad” players in the title but both of these terms are subjective, assumptive, and make it hard to have a real conversation.

I think it’s much better, in this case, to split people by what their ESO pvp goals are and go from there. This makes sense because the terms “good” and “bad” are highly influenced by whether you think this person is accomplishing whatever goals you think are highest.

So instead we split ourselves amongst “faction success” and “individual or small group success”. The core differences between these groups is that they believe success is different things. One believes success is measured by helping assist the alliance war, helping to take keeps and win objectives for their team. They place a large emphasis on the team, on successful coordination, and they relish in their role in it. They care little for separating themselves from the team or individual mastery but instead on the larger mechanism that is faction. They base most of their measures of success on external factors like leaderboards, campaign wins, and kill death ratios. Think of this as a massive army such as that of the US government.

The other believes that nothing I just mentioned really matters at all. They believe that the game is truly mastered and success is truly reached when you push yourself and your small group to perform against overwhelming odds. They believe that you succeed when you increase your reaction time, hand/eye coordination, decision making skills, recoverability, uptime of important buffs, and offensive capability. They enjoy finding the perfect ying/yang of offense/defense and analyzing and dismantling their opponent by being a few steps ahead and capitalizing on his weaknesses. They focus on optimizing themselves and their squad, and base most of their measures of success on internal factors such as “did I make the right decision in X situation” and “how can I better enhance Y.” Think of this as an elite tactical special ops group.
    - The process matters.

So, in short, once you realize that you are measuring good and bad by entirely different criteria, you will realize that this thread is ultimately very one sided. This is from the POV of the first kind of person, who does not understand or care to understand the goals, tactics, or successes of the second. Inversely, you will find that the second group of people understands the first very well because they used to be them. Nearly every small scaler you speak with will tell you they used to zerg when they started the game. Similarly to how not every soldier is special ops, but every special ops is a soldier. It is likely that the people you’re passing judgement on used to be exactly where you are, their priorities just changed over time.

So if you had to break this down to TL:DR, we understand you but you do not understand us. So perhaps instead of posting accusatory threads that celebrate your version of success as the only possible pinnacle, recognize that this is an incredibly misinformed POV. You should not attempt to mock, diminish, or pass judgment on a playstyle you cannot understand - or replicate.

- The process matters. "

I don’t think there’s a large guild in the game who could drop to 6 and beat us.
    That would have to imply they were competent enough on their own to play with less.
    If that were the case wouldn’t they enjoy wiping the masses of players with less as it equates to more of a challenge and a greater reward?

If you have a computer you could install eso and log on the pts where we can make a max cp/geared/leveled character

I’ll duel you there.
    You can even hook your controller up.
    https://youtu.be/1hecXIVtm8g
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    1) they are both fruit

- The process matters.

- The process matters. "

I don’t think there’s a large guild in the game who could drop to 6 and beat us.
    That would have to imply they were competent enough on their own to play with less.
    If that were the case wouldn’t they enjoy wiping the masses of players with less as it equates to more of a challenge and a greater reward?

If you have a computer you could install eso and log on the pts where we can make a max cp/geared/leveled character

I’ll duel you there.

Sadly I do not have a PC any longer. Playing competitive PVP MMOs on PC far to addicting to be able to accomplish my career goals & BJJ goals.

You're probably right, your guild is well known, clearly you take a great amount of personal pride in being able to smash noobs better than everyone else and being the said founder of that guild, different strokes for different folks. That doesn't mean behaving like an elitist is okay. Also, haven't you admitted that in your dueling tournaments you'e just abused oblivion damage in the most recent patches?

Double infused w/ Torug's & Sloads or Torug's + Knightslayer, which one were you using? Or 1h/shield w/ Reverb?

I mean your Clanfear video was excellent, no doubt, but weren't you on Shor looking for those fights so that you could get noob stomping highlights because you can't find "good 1vX on Vivec anymore"

lol you want to crush noobs so bad you run to other campaigns to do it, gtfohere.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) they are both fruit

- The process matters.

- The process matters. "

I’ll duel you there.

Sadly I do not have a PC any longer. Playing competitive PVP MMOs on PC far to addicting to be able to accomplish my career goals & BJJ goals.

You're probably right, your guild is well known, clearly you take a great amount of personal pride in being able to smash noobs better than everyone else and being the said founder of that guild, different strokes for different folks. That doesn't mean behaving like an elitist is okay. Also, haven't you admitted that in your dueling tournaments you'e just abused oblivion damage in the most recent patches?

Double infused w/ Torug's & Sloads or Torug's + Knightslayer, which one were you using? Or 1h/shield w/ Reverb?

I mean your Clanfear video was excellent, no doubt, but weren't you on Shor looking for those fights so that you could get noob stomping highlights because you can't find "good 1vX on Vivec anymore"

lol you want to crush noobs so bad you run to other campaigns to do it, gtfohere.
    My point earlier remains show your sick highlights vs well known ps4 guilds or players. Or be a hypocrite. People go to other campaigns because Vivec is too laggy and unplayable. I’m pretty sure irylia video is from sotha anyway, a well populated campaign on pc.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A hundred percent disagree that a death penalty doesn't result in an increase in skill. Competition with results oriented goals and severe consequences of failure have always been the catalyst to the greatest accomplishments of mankind.

Which is true if you can´t avoid this competition.
    But this is a game - if people don´t like it they don´t play it in their freetime.

You can argue that severe death penalties lowers overall skill level compared to more open scenarios - because a large portion of players will simply be excluded from competing either by choice or time constraints.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) they are both fruit

- The process matters.

- The process matters. "

I’ll duel you there.

My point earlier remains show your sick highlights vs well known ps4 guilds or players. Or be a hypocrite. People go to other campaigns because Vivec is too laggy and unplayable. I’m pretty sure irylia video is from sotha anyway, a well populated campaign on pc.

I don't get this, show your sick highlights approach, or you're a hypocrite approach. You'd be hard pressed to find me holding these standards to anyone, let alone myself. So I don't get how you're defining hypocrite. I play, if it's red it's dead. So how does not having time to edit videos because I do other *** outside of video games makes me a hypocrite because I'm saying most small scalers duck hard fights and crush noobs only?

I don't duck any fights. I don't only crush noobs. I play red is dead, and I have lost and will continue to lose to popular streamers. I''ll wait for this evidence of me being a hypocrite, will probably take as long as it's taking to find collusion on Trump.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

A hundred percent disagree that a death penalty doesn't result in an increase in skill. Competition with results oriented goals and severe consequences of failure have always been the catalyst to the greatest accomplishments of mankind.

Which is true if you can´t avoid this competition.
    But this is a game - if people don´t like it they don´t play it in their freetime.

You can argue that severe death penalties lowers overall skill level compared to more open scenarios - because a large portion of players will simply be excluded from competing either by choice or time constraints.

Most games with a severe death penalty balance this out by placing less of an emphasis on gear and the impact of the grind. In Lineage2 I could kill a Grade A equipped players by using Grade C gear. That player could be 10-15 levels above me, still able to kill them. Really the only OP stuff was relegated to boss jewels and hero status from the Olympiad, which is less than .01% of the population of players. You could join a group and if the group was structured correctly you could wear the worst gear but because of your classes role and the buffs being provided by your group you could demolish people if you played correctly.

EVE Online it's the same thing, your training path is extremely focused and roles are very specific so if I train as a cepter pilot I can still pin down certan types of ships for kills and know I need to avoid other types of ships.

I'd argue these games are better because contrary to popular belief these "easy mode games" require significant time investment for farming the requisite gear to compete at a basic level.

Example - Maelstrom weapon - Masters weapons - etc. Gold Jewelry, Jewelry enchants, etc. etc. Not that Maelstrom or Master are hard to obtain, but for most players because the game mode doesn't encourage development a significant number of players will never reach the skill level necessary to complete it.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I think you're also lacking perspective, as you admitted previously that you're still relatively new to this game.

I've been fighting some of the same people for four years. Some I have developed respect for and will not pile on when they are already outnumbered. Many I will fight if the numbers are roughly equal, and those often are the best fights we'll find in the game.

I'd suggest trying to get to a point where you are familiar with the gameplay and environment enough before you make such large sweeping allegations.

I think this says a lot. There are plenty of talented large group players, but <= 6 man is an entirely different ballgame. I've only heard of 2 larger groups that have recently dropped size and gone to GvGs, and they both performed well/do have talented players.

That being said, I strongly agree with Irylia that your claim that any large group leader would easily be able to defeat Animosity is questionable at best. Of the few smaller sized guilds left in ESO, they have a solid win/loss ratio and I say that as one of the few groups who has been able to grab some wins against them.

Really wish we had pooled PvP across servers/platforms so that claims like that could be easily tested.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) they are both fruit

- The process matters.

- The process matters. "

I’ll duel you there.

I don't get this, show your sick highlights approach, or you're a hypocrite approach. You'd be hard pressed to find me holding these standards to anyone, let alone myself. So I don't get how you're defining hypocrite. I play, if it's red it's dead. So how does not having time to edit videos because I do other *** outside of video games makes me a hypocrite because I'm saying most small scalers duck hard fights and crush noobs only?

I don't duck any fights. I don't only crush noobs. I play red is dead, and I have lost and will continue to lose to popular streamers. I''ll wait for this evidence of me being a hypocrite, will probably take as long as it's taking to find collusion on Trump.

Most of the best players I knew on ps4 weren’t streamers. There was a few who did stream but majority did not. Once again post your sick videos m8 so we can set what the criteria should be for a video by your standard.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    I think you're also lacking perspective, as you admitted previously that you're still relatively new to this game.

I've been fighting some of the same people for four years. Some I have developed respect for and will not pile on when they are already outnumbered. Many I will fight if the numbers are roughly equal, and those often are the best fights we'll find in the game.

I'd suggest trying to get to a point where you are familiar with the gameplay and environment enough before you make such large sweeping allegations.

I think this says a lot. There are plenty of talented large group players, but <= 6 man is an entirely different ballgame. I've only heard of 2 larger groups that have recently dropped size and gone to GvGs, and they both performed well/do have talented players.

That being said, I strongly agree with Irylia that your claim that any large group leader would easily be able to defeat Animosity is questionable at best. Of the few smaller sized guilds left in ESO, they have a solid win/loss ratio and I say that as one of the few groups who has been able to grab some wins against them.

Really wish we had pooled PvP across servers/platforms so that claims like that could be easily tested.

Yeah I stuck my foot in my mouth with that one. I spent some time with large group leads this weekend and it's *** ridiculously obvious that all they do is farm empty keeps for AP and avoid fights if it is at all possible.

No disagreement here, I was wrong Iry and you are right. The population in this game is a bit different from the population in other games, probably encouraged by the large amounts of AP you can garner by farming empty keeps.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Stratforge wrote: »
    Damn I was sleeping on this thread because I assumed it sucked but this actually rules. Good stuff all around. Let me know if this duel happens!

I'm surprised it wasn't locket yet...

veggie.jpg

Hello everyone,

With this thread going, the way it is, we've felt it necessary to go ahead and close it down. While PvP can become a tricky topic to discuss without getting a bit heated, keep in mind that flaming, baiting, naming and shaming are all against the Forum Rules and only lead to action on one's own account. Be sure to stay constructive and civil in future discussions to prevent threads ending in flame and accounts getting warned.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.