The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Oceanic Lag now 300-400 ms even with a vpn - was 250-300??

• LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    ARE THERE ANY PLANS TO CREATE AUSTRAILIAN / NEW ZEALAND SERVERS FOR THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE?

Over the years, our Australian and New Zealand players have asked us about the possibility of a local ESO megaserver for that territory. We understand why there is a desire for local servers, and we wanted to offer an explanation as to why this is something we have not done and are not planning to do.

ESO megaservers are designed for a far larger playing population than is available in most single-territory areas. So, if we established an ANZ-specific megaserver, the game would have an emptier atmosphere than the game you’ve come to know and love. While group content such as world bosses, dungeons, Battlegrounds, and Cyrodill would still technically be playable, the megaserver’s overall player population would not be large enough to make for a good game experience. The player experience with systems that require a larger server population, such as the Activity Finder or in-game economy, would be less than ideal. We designed the game to host a large number of players, adventuring either together or alone across a combined number of real-world territories.

We hope this helps provide insight into on our reasoning and dedication to ensuring that all our players have the best possible experience in ESO. Thank you, and may you continue to enjoy your adventures in The Elder Scrolls Online!
    Ryzakier wrote: »
    I don't care if i get dinged for this, have a low-effort meme that's worthy of their constant low-effort responses on facebook.

C9oG1UD.png

I think every time someone mentions the oce server (which again, is completely unrelated to our current issues) I'm just going to post this meme.
  • Rylisin
    Rylisin
    ✭✭✭
    @LordGavus , go forth and meme well with it :D
    PC | NA - NZ Player. Played since mid 2016, CP 1380+ An autistic, tired, coffee driven Kiwi. I draw a lot of fantasy and things.Cirion Adaine - Warden / Crafter | - Niryahil Adaine - NB healer - Ciara Ruhaerin - Nightblade something something, and a few alts for good measure.
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ARE THERE ANY PLANS TO CREATE AUSTRAILIAN / NEW ZEALAND SERVERS FOR THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE?

Over the years, our Australian and New Zealand players have asked us about the possibility of a local ESO megaserver for that territory. We understand why there is a desire for local servers, and we wanted to offer an explanation as to why this is something we have not done and are not planning to do.

ESO megaservers are designed for a far larger playing population than is available in most single-territory areas. So, if we established an ANZ-specific megaserver, the game would have an emptier atmosphere than the game you’ve come to know and love. While group content such as world bosses, dungeons, Battlegrounds, and Cyrodill would still technically be playable, the megaserver’s overall player population would not be large enough to make for a good game experience. The player experience with systems that require a larger server population, such as the Activity Finder or in-game economy, would be less than ideal. We designed the game to host a large number of players, adventuring either together or alone across a combined number of real-world territories.

We hope this helps provide insight into on our reasoning and dedication to ensuring that all our players have the best possible experience in ESO. Thank you, and may you continue to enjoy your adventures in The Elder Scrolls Online!

We know. Do you have anything relevant to add to the actual problem we're complaining about, which is AKAMAI?
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS Should partner with a VPN at this point and give OCE players a discount when purchasing
    #MOREORBS
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    The only time they would care is if you were in America.. That seems to be the only solution to eso.. Mudfish isnt really an option.

Vote with your wallets ladies and gents... Better games out there with better and more active ocx populations. Zos doesnt care about you, so why give them thanks with money?

Already voted with my wallet. ESO Plus cancelled for good.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Square252 wrote: »
    Since everyone here is basically just blaming ZoS; i got a solid 50 to 60 FPS and a ping of 60 to 90 outside of cyro.

What i did? Redid my home network. Ubiquity USG + Switch + good cabling. Never had any dc, not even in cyro, since then. I didn't even configure qos.

But yea, keep blaming ZoS since it's easier than learn basic networking when playing online games. Basically no real-time application (be it VoIP or an MMORPG) works with of-the-shelve-hardware.

As for the nice tracert's you guys posted: They work on ICMP, which is basically a throttled protocol everywhere. The game runs on TCP/UDP. Whole different thing.

60-90ms ping? If you're in Oceania/Asia, that would be impossible, unless, maybe you have a direct undersea fibre cable to ZOS server's network ports.
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got this response after cancelling my membership:

The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 08/30/2019 01:25 PM
    Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to send in this feedback. I'll be passing this along to the leadership teams so they know why you had decided to leave. While I can't say anything will change because of it, I do understand your feeling, and reasoning for canceling.

Thanks again for taking the time for this, and I wish you all the best with whatever you decide is next for you.

Thanks,
    Mykael
    Bethesda Support Team

Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Move the NA server to Australia for 5 years then seeing American's think ping is no importance in a MMO.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    Mirelurk wrote: »
    Given the lack of response from ZOS over such a long time, there's pretty much only one thing to do now ...

https://imgur.com/VlFTQlp

https://imgur.com/DVrjVTz

https://imgur.com/OsrnqEV

shame, but I have done the same. I don't want to justify yet another expense (vpn) going out from my bank account JUST to be able to play at all_ don't want to condone their incompetence to communicate, either
    #teamEmeric
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a kiwi player and live with the lag, etc but we are not going to get an anz/oceania server. I have tweeked my PC and get 95 fps and 310 latency so its playable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/463360/anz-oceanic-server-announcement-from-zos/p1

• Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajm1946 wrote: »
    I'm a kiwi player and live with the lag, etc but we are not going to get an anz/oceania server.

We know. This thread isn't about that.
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• damarky
    damarky
    ✭✭✭
    Vet Cloudrest New Zealand lag

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/496475499057643534/617183350339272766/unknown.png

BG New Zealand Lag

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/496475499057643534/617183736437538826/unknown.png

Can we please not bounce all over the world, sort out akamai lag.

Zos you really can do better this thread has been viewed more than 27K times you think we trying to tell you some thing maybe??

ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom

• Demil
    Demil
    Soul Shriven
    I use Launtel here in Tasmania, and after sending Akamai an email, my ping went back down to the high 200's, yesterday (30/8) it was hovering around 350ms+

https://imgur.com/a/QEJyj7T
    Edited by Demil on August 31, 2019 6:41AM
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like there may be some progress. My ping is bouncing around 340-380. Better than the 420+ I have been getting.

Here's the stats via Country TraceRoute:

Hop IP Address Host Name Country Time
    1 192.168.0.1 mymodem.modem Reserved 0 ms
    2 58.162.26.7 gateway.qb07.brisbane.asp.telstra.net Australia 8 ms
    3 203.50.62.62 ae257.woo-ice301.brisbane.telstra.net Australia 8 ms
    4 203.50.61.16 bundle-ether25.woo-core10.brisbane.telstra.n Australia 10 ms
    5 203.50.11.180 bundle-ether20.chw-core10.sydney.telstra.net Australia 19 ms
    6 203.50.6.93 bundle-ether1.oxf-gw11.sydney.telstra.net Australia 20 ms
    7 203.50.6.94 bundle-ether2.oxf-gw10.sydney.telstra.net Australia 22 ms
    8 203.50.13.94 bundle-ether1.sydo-core04.sydney.reach.com Australia 19 ms
    9 202.84.247.37 i-84.eqnx-core02.telstraglobal.net Hong Kong 166 ms
    10 202.84.140.21 i-93.joua01.telstraglobal.net Hong Kong 215 ms
    11 210.176.33.42 Hong Kong 215 ms
    12 23.57.105.243 po110.bs-a.sech-osa.netarch.akamai.com United State 216 ms
    13 *
    14 23.57.105.249 ae120.access-a.sech-osa.netarch.akamai.com United State 216 ms
    15 *

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish people would stop reminding us that we ZOS doesn't plan on giving us a megaserver. We are asking that something is done about Akamai.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demil wrote: »
    I use Launtel here in Tasmania, and after sending Akamai an email, my ping went back down to the high 200's, yesterday (30/8) it was hovering around 350ms+

I tried Launtel and while the speed and ping was often good I couldn't justify paying almost 50% more than what I pay with Internode for 100/40. It is a pity because I think their service is really quite good, just not 50% better than Internode good. I love how you can change speeds up and down easily or even pause your service.

If I had unlimited funds I'd definitely go for their 1Gbit service. Such a shame that 1Gbit isn't the standard already.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • Australien
    Australien
    ✭✭

Did you send an email to their Support? What did you say? I've been told by others who've tried to deal with Akamai that they won't engage with general consumers, only ZoS.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Australien wrote: »

Did you send an email to their Support? What did you say? I've been told by others who've tried to deal with Akamai that they won't engage with general consumers, only ZoS.

That was certainly my experience.

ZOS told me to talk to my ISP, My ISP said there was nothing they could do with international routing to Akamai Hong Kong. Akamai replied that they don't deal with problems from non-clients, so talk to ZOS

It's a merry-go-round of no one taking responsibility.

However, ZOS is responsible for using Akamai services so the onus is actually on ZOS to rectify this routing issue.

As customers of ZOS, there is nothing we can do to fix the problem except ask ZOS to fix it, which they won't because they are not accepting responsibility for it.

I've given up and moved on to another 'entertainment supplier' that does provide decent ping and playing experience and engages with it's player base.

I can't see this routing issue rectified until ZOS's contract with Akamai ends and they change to another anti-DDoS service. It's not a big market to choose from so I seriously doubt the problem will 'go away.'
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ended up needing to reinstall my Windows partition as my Windows 10 install was not updating properly anymore so have taken the opportunity to purge any applications and games I am no longer using or playing. Suffice to say I finally had an excuse to delete ESO and free up ~110GB worth of space. I may be back in the future but unless OCE performance is improved I doubt it. Keep up the pressure people!
    I've hidden your signature.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oceanic Lag now 400-550 what the hell.
    I logged in today to 530 Ping and while it fluctuated around 480-530 all-day

When I started playing this game 4 years ago I had 250-300 ping now it is double that, what the hell is going on???
  • Diffused
    Diffused
    ✭✭✭
    @280 a year ago to 450 now very disappointing. Can it be fixed?
  • Kazuya12
    Kazuya12
    Soul Shriven
    I live in India and I play on PC-EU. I have tried playing on both NA and EU but there is a big difference in my ping to NA and EU. On NA, the lowest ping I get is 390 and average 450. On EU, My lowest ping is 190 and average 240. I know some other Indians who gets ping is range of 170-190. I am personally satisfied with ZoS's service as I get decent ping and FPS even though I live very far away from the servers. Also, I don't have very high end PC or fiber internet network. I suggest you guys to try playing on PC-EU. Here is a clip of me doing a battleground match.
    https://youtu.be/m3POcSgvdek
  • Grey17
    Grey17
    ✭✭✭
    Low to mid range 400's is the new norm day in/day out ...Load up any A-typical VPN, I drop to mid 200's...

I find it highly amusing (sic) that I have to use a VPN to get any sort of a playable ping in this game. That in itself is just plain wrong.
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    I am constantly flabbergasted by how precisely the feedback Aussie players leave on this thread mirrors my own experience.

It's been this way since the thread's creation. For example, this weekend even Mudfish couldn't drag my ping below 400. Pop onto this thread and hey presto I discover I've plenty of company in the 400 Club.

This thread is a cornucopia of technical, anecdotal and shared experience confirming ESOs Down Under performance is deteriorating at breakneck speed, but hey ZOS just ignore it. Hell, they even gaslight us with unrelated non-announcements about an Oceanic Server no-one in here asked for.

Coming on ZOS throw us a bone!

*waves vainly at the forums curators*
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭

Playing from Tassie like yourself usually resulted in 20 to 30 ms more than most of my North Island guildmates as an average. Without a VPN 350 to 400ms is the norm with much higher in cyrodil with its appalling performance. With a VPN of late 270 to 330ms makes things more bearable. Though going to this extra expense just to play ESO should not be the case and it is the first MMO I have had to do this for in almost 20 years of online gaming.

Quite simply this is not good enough.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    lostcloud wrote: »
    Quite simply this is not good enough.

For Zenimax it's clearly good enough. My Xbox EU account has been completely stuck for half year after 9 days and that's also totally fine. Any quality passes their quality standards as long as enough players keep on playing and paying, just business, just works.

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have posted: my ping has been 450+ this week on NA for some reason, I don't understand how it keeps getting worse. 100 extra ping was frustrating, but now 200? What's going on?
    Edited by ListerJMC on September 3, 2019 10:27AM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone. First off, we apologize for the lack of communication regarding your concerns in this thread. We do appreciate everyone posting all the information, which has been very helpful. We wanted to let you know that our network engineering team has been looking into this, and we hope to have some updates for you all soon.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by marius_buys on September 3, 2019 2:36PM
This discussion has been closed.